Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Adi What happened with the houses? So exciting! Have any pictures?

I am hangin in. Busy as a loon. Not having the most stellar DD but I am trying.

Dogs are good, Book Fair ramping up, tonight I start classes for Guardian Ad Litem. Scared and excited, sorry to miss family time though.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #122
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
lilmiss - the house DS wants he does not qualify for so we are refinancing our house so he can buy it. Our payment will actually be less since we will be getting 3.6 percent interest just for more years. DS may inherit another mortgage. LOL. But I don't see why he should wait until we die to inherit so we just told him this is his early inheritance. Plus it is big enough for him to rent a bedroom which will pay for part of his payment. We are suckers I know but he is our only baby.
And I really like the house, Only problem is that all of the bedrooms are upstairs. If I have to go live with him in my old age, he will have to convert the office into my room.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL So nice of you and DH adi! DS is a lucky son! I hear ya on the bedrooms! Interest rates are great right now we recently refinanced.

Dak and Krit - Plz check in!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - I hope DS realizes how lucky he is. I really think he is starting to see that, LOL
I am 139 this morning. I have been tweaking my JUDDD maintenance since I was starting to get burned out on EOD. I am doing 2:1 which is UD, UD, D over and over. Makes it 5:2 one week and 4:3 the next but never more than 2 UD's in a row. I gained the first week but after day 12 I started losing again so I am back to where I started with a much easier to plan to follow for maintenance. I hope this continues as I am enjoying two days in a row of normal eating.
Dak - my squash plants are blooming but the temps are getting cooler so I hope they will set fruit. We shall see. All of the flowers so far are male anyway so nothing will happen until the female flowers start blooming. Hope, hope, hope.
kritter - Hope Jersey is doing well.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Hi everyone!

Crazy busy getting ready for Paris! We leave Friday for the airport at around 3. I took Friday off so I'll have time for packing and last minute things.

My nephew is staying with Jersey so I need to go pick up some food from an Italian market. I'm getting a frozen lasagna and meatballs and their homemade pomodoro sauce. Plus I have to make sure I leave him a ton of cash for ordering out and any emergencies.

Nephew came by a couple times to meet her and see where everything is and we took her for a walk. She loves him! I'm so relieved about that.

Jersey's doing great Adi. She seems so happy here. She's so excited about everything - going for walks, going for rides, going to bed, getting up, having breakfast, having dinner, having snacks, LOL. And when I sit on the couch, she snuggles up with me and puts her head in my lap. So sweet.

Oh boy your DS is incredibly lucky! I agree though. If you can afford it, may as well help him out now.

lil miss, how was the Guardian class? I'm anxious to hear.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG Krit you leave FRIDAY for Paris? This came up fast [on me! lol] I am so happy for you! What fun! How long will you be there?
Old 10-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss, it came up fast on me too! We come back Thursday. I wanted to have a few days off once we got back so we could relax and do some fun things around here, or just sit and read a book all day

So what about the Guardian class???
Old 10-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Kritter - enjoy your trip. Glad Jersey has a babysitter she likes too.
Something is eating my squash plants so I had to break down and sprinkle them with Sevin dust again. I dusted the remaining few Chard plants as well. Even dusted the collard greens that are just breaking the surface. I am tired of planting foor for insects.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

We have had RAIN. So glad. Squash plants are blooming like crazy but just male plants. STILL no little squashes.
I am quitting Diet Coke again. I know they are BAD BAD BAD so maybe I can do it this time and STAY off of them. Wish me luck.
Sami is waiting on her breakfast so I better run finish her eggs.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back from Paris! Oh my gosh was that an exhausting trip. We walked so many miles by the time we got to Versailles yesterday, we were both dragging ourselves around the palace, haha. Oh and I got a cold. It started about an hour before we landed in Paris. WTH??? Every time we go on vacation I get sick. Fortunately I picked up a good decongestant at a pharmacy in Paris that helped but today it moved down to my chest and now I have an annoying cough.

adi, that's so tough. I'd be really upset to put in all of that hard work only to have the bugs eat it.

lil miss, how are the Guardian classes going?

Hi Dak! Hope everything's okay.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
You're back from France already and I didn't even get to say Bon Voyage?!? Awful about catching a cold, I wonder if it's a reaction to being in a plane for so long? I've heard of people traveling to India that put a dab of Neosporin just inside the nose to keep from getting sick. I was sick when I was in Paris too, horrible cough, I went to a pharmacy there and couldn't speak French, so I just started coughing, LOL. They had the absolute best tasting caramel flavored cough syrup I've ever had in my life. Worked really well too. Leave it to the French to have decent flavors besides cherry.

I'm sorry I haven't checked in, have been busy, saw family in LA, (hadn't been done there for almost 2 years) went to the most amazing native plant sale ever down in Santa Barbara, seems like something major has been going on every weekend.

Yesterday on my way into work I saw an estate sale happening, did a fly by and picked up a few goodies, went back today and found the most comfortable antique office chair. I'm sitting in it right now, I don't know why I waited so long to get a decent chair.

Garden is still producing, though not a lot. Still nice to get occasional tomatoes. Figs were great this year.

Diet needs some work, I've picked up 8 pounds I want to lose before Yosemite next month.

Nice new interest rate, Adi! I don't think they will be that low again for quite a while. I'm glad you're able to support your son now, when he needs it. That way too, you get to see him enjoy it!

Lil Miss, you're got into the Guardian program, congratulations, I remember googling what Guardians do, with your attention to detail and caring heart, you will be perfect.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, that's too funny about going to the pharmacy and coughing. I was lucky to get a pharmacist who spoke a little English.

I'm trying to keep up with my walking. Walking 2 or 3 miles in my sneakers with the dog should be easy to keep up with since all of the walking in Paris.

Congratulations on scoring that chair! I've only been to a few estate sales and they were fun.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all.
lilmiss - hope your enjoying the fall and are busy busy busy with your volunteering.
kritter - glad you enjoyed Paris and I am sure Jersey is going to love those walks.
Dak - love native plant sales but I never find anything at estate or garage sales. Probably because I rarely stop at one. LOL. And I know some people will think we are crazy but I remember being able to buy a house because my parents had bought some kind of insurance that matured when I was 21 so I had cash for that. Just playing it forward for DS.
Rain again so the plants are starting to grow. But got down to the 50's do hope they keep blooming. The collards have sprouted and I bought some more spinach seeds. I treated the swiss chard and with the rains I can see they are starting to make new leaves. YEA!!!
Now for my brag. I entered 11 items in the American Dairy Goat Association 2013 Bath Products Competition. All of them placed and I won Best in Show with my unscented soap and Reserve Best in Show with my fragranced soap in the creative division which included a handmade sack with ribbons and such. I am just so surprised about the unscented soap as I have NEVER even placed in that contest with an unscented soap. It was colored with Australian clays and the label matched the colors exactly. Lucky for me I guess. The top one is Lavender and Violets and it placed first in FO soaps, the middle one is an essential oil blend and it placed third and the bottom is the unscented bar and it was first and Best in Show.
The purple and pink one is Black Raspberry Vanilla and it won first in the Creative FO division and Reserve Best in Show in the Creative Division. I even entered a gift basket which I don't even make and won first. Guess it was my year to shine. This is the gift basket packed to ship.

Last edited by adillenal; 10-19-2013 at 07:14 PM..
Old 10-20-2013, 03:27 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, they're beautiful. Congratulations! I love the purple packaging.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, as always, your soaps are gorgeous. Just in time for Christmas, too! Great idea, too, of paying it forward for your son. Life is so much harder for younger people starting off, looking back, it was much easier for me.

Kritter, I want to start walking again too, I walked a few times last week, but the dogs in the neighborhood that are not fenced totally destroy my peace of mind when I see a charging pack of dogs. I have mace, haven't used it yet, but then I read that mace may or may not work on dogs. I'm half way considered getting a sjambok.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, that makes me so mad. My sister who lives in a rural area has to deal with that too. She has had dogs chase their truck. I'd probably carry a gun in that case. I would worry that mace or pepper spray would just make them angrier.

Jersey and I had a lovely walk on the trail. I love fall!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks all. The little gift bags are made from folding scrapbook paper and punching two holes for the ribbon. How easy is that?

I need to start walking and with the cooler evenings it won't be so hard. I would prefer mornings but don't like to walk in the dark.

You know your baby has grown up when he calls asking for advice about carpet choices. The owner has accepted his offer and that included new carpet at a certain price. DS is going for a better quality carpet and will pay the difference and he has sent me his top three choices. One of them looks just like our carpet color. LOL. I told him to get black since the dachshund sheds little black hairs.
I had a couple come to pick up a bred doe today and they took another one home with them. Denny just fell in love with the lady and would not leave her side. So they bought her too. Good Denny. I needed the money to pay for a goat that I pick up tomorrow that was picked up at the National goat convention in NC from NY and is already in Texas. I will pick her up in the morning.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi All

Love you guys

Sorry so busy!

Adi.... OMGooodness those soaps are GORGEOUS! I need to order some!

Krit I am gonna need more details on Paris!!!!

Dak, so happy to see you! (hugs)

Guardian Ad Litem is desperate for people so not a big deal I got in lol But I do hope I can help. It's pretty heavy stuff.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I have baby squash. I can't figure out if they are spaghetti squash or the pink banana squash. Hoping for pink banana. I had to powder the ground since the ANTS are attacking the plants. Poor little collards were trying to live in an ant bed. No more.

Got my new goat girl with an additional $210 for a speeding ticket. In Texas they have raised speed limits and it makes no sense. My road is 70 and is a little country paved road so was the one I was on so I just thought it was 60 also. I was WRONG. Anyway she is home now and is beautiful. I keep getting stopped since we bought a new expensive truck so I think I am witnessing profiling. When I drove the old 1995 for my goat business I was never stopped. I even had a motorcycle cop I was meeting tell me to slow down with just a hand signal. Guess they figure someone driving an 18 year old vehicle can't pay a ticket anyway. LOL.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A speeding ticket for going 10 miles under the speed limit, did I read that right? Even if you're hauling livestock? That just seems wrong.

It's a constant battle trying to raise food. If not the insects, it's birds, deer or gophers.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Da - yep. Texas speed limits are all over the place. Our little Farm to Market road is 70 and I 35 after the split going to Dallas is 65. The next little FM I drive everyday is 75. Yet a state highway was 60. Weird. No consistency at all and very sparse speed limit signs. If you miss the one at the turn there isn't another until another highway crosses it which was about 20 miles. I looked on my way back. But my goat is beautiful. Now last night I stuck right to the limit which was 75 most of the trip and no one stopped me so things are looking up. Had to drive a 200 mile round trip to take checks to the real estate agent for DS' earnest money and inspection fee. He had plastic but paper checks were in his bag here. But I got a "You're the best mom every" out of it. LOL.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, lucky boy you have there!

Your new goat sounds great, goats are herd animals, is there ever any trouble having new animals adjust to the herd? Does the group ever reject a newcomer? I seem to remember you keep some groups separated, or maybe that's just the males & females.

I've lost a grand total of 2 pounds this week. 6 more to go. I went to Costco today and bought fish & chicken, should make it easier to eat well having food already here.

I also found a great place to order a new pair of glasses. It's been ages since I've bought myself a new pair, I've been wearing my contacts instead. I was going to go to Costco, but a friend recommended a place she likes, along with a optician to ask for, wow, I've never had such great service. We literally went around the entire store, looking at each display and having him grab glasses he thought would look good on me. I ended up with about 8 pair, then slowly weeded it down to 2, then 1. Not cheap, especially since now I'm going with progressive, high index, Crizal lenses, but should be a big step up from the last time I ordered glasses. Should be here just in time for Yosemite.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - DH had to get another pair of prescription glasses last week. Lost another pair and since insurance only pays for one pair a year he had to fork over $262 so may be that will help him keep up with them.
I put my new goatie with my bottle baby girls. And she is a sweetheart. She sin't trying to beat them up and since they are still babies they aren't trying to pick a fight with her so for now she will stay with the little guys.
I have gained a few pounds so I need to reel it in too.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Pictures. Of my squash. How exciting!!!White Oak Bend Dairy Goats - Blog
Sad I am so excited about a squash.
Dak - I had a typo. I was going 70 and he said the speed limit was 60. HaHa. I always go 70 so I guess I better start reading signs.
And we had swiss chard for dinner and pl nty more now that the plants sprouted back up. I can't believe they were completely gone and with rain came back.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

~~LCMW~~Fall 2013