Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
500 pounds of meat should last quite a while, Adi! Must be nice to have such a huge stash of meat, knowing what went into it.

Kritter, I hope she and her new foster sister will become the best of friends. So cool, planning a walk with your new dog!!!

Didn't quite make a full DD today, but did pretty good, a friend had made a batch of ice cream he was quite proud of, he waited for me to come by before he tried it, so I did have a scoop, so probably a 1000 calorie day. Guess there's always tomorrow.

Looking forward to having Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday off. Going to go up the coast to Big Sur, should be fun, I love the redwoods. Just one more day of work.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Was surprised to see that the school district that we follow their calendar doesn't have Monday off. Although I can pick the days I work it doesn't matter but I was surprised. Course they have to be off the 18th for their local fair and livestock show so it is a tradeoff I guess.
Had a little more rain last night. Just a little at a time but we need it so bad we are thankful for anything we get. UD today and I am working half a day so I have to go milk and get out of here.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Experimenting
Juddd Weight Loss Journey April 2012 by ilindell | Photobucket

Last edited by adillenal; 08-28-2013 at 08:52 PM..
Old 08-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, it's like you are aging in reverse! You look so much more youthful with a *waistline*!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Dak. As I maintain I agree that I am looking younger. Strange but being more active also gives the impression of youth. And losing weight has made me a little more hyperactive so I bounce around a lot and walk fast and so on.
Staying at home today so I have to make lipbalm. I have been putting that off forever. I make a large batch and keep it in the frig until I need some and I have NONE left.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Adi you look great!

So we got Tootsie! I have never seen a dog so frightened of everything. I thought she'd faint when she heard a crow squawking. She has planted herself on the couch in the living room and only gets off it if I drag her off with the leash. But we had a breakthrough today. I was sitting on the chair and she grabbed her stuffed animal and jumped off the couch and onto the chair with me! I wasn't sure if she just wanted the chair so I moved over the couch and she followed me back. And then she wagged her tail a few times when I approached her.

But she's so scared when she's outside, she can't wait to get back into the house and up on her couch.

They're trying to set up a play date with Jersey for Monday. Wish us luck!

I'm trying to get back on low carb. I bought a bunch of baby kale and am going to roast some of it and sauté some of it. I'll be eating that with chicken wings.

Here's a picture of Tootsie with her woobie Hope they're not too big.

[ATTACH]IMG_0039.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0033.jpg (49.9 KB, 7 views)
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Looking at your pictures just makes me want to hug and kiss her! And she get a sofa and a woobie. I love the idea of a play date, will it be at your house or someplace more neutral?

Weekend has gone way too fast. Had a nice drive up to Big Sur on my birthday, then got to spend the night at a friends guest house up there. DS came over last night and we had a nice dinner together. (he really appreciates my cooking these days) So, weekend has been filled with good things, just 4 days off is never enough, in November, I'll taking a week off.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, the funny thing is that's my husband's couch. I just realized I said she was on the living room couch but it's the family room couch that she's taken over. She hasn't seen any other rooms in the house. Yesterday DH had to lay on the floor to watch football because Tootsie has taken over his couch LOL. The same thing happened when I brought home Babycakes' mom and she had the kittens. They took over his spot on the sofa.

She did great this morning outside. She ran around and wagged her tail and fetched a stick. But inside she is stuck to that couch!

The playdate is set for tomorrow and it will be here.

Your weekend sounds lovely! When you go to Big Sur, is there a town with shops and things to do? Or do you just walk along the ocean?
Old 09-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is a little town of Big Sur, has some really interesting stores and restaurants. When we stopped at the Nepenthe gift store, I bought a really nice wall art for my garden, they're done in Haiti, out of old oil cans, really nice quality work. I got a tree of life type design with birds. But mainly, we go up to hike, there's Pfieffer State Park and a number of different hiking areas, the inland creek/waterfall/river hikes being my favorites. Plus, the old growth redwoods are pretty special. We haven't gone to walk along the beach for a while, though there are beautiful beaches. I just really like the dirt trails through the redwoods.

The time we went to the state park and did the waterfall trail, don't think we'll do that again, the trail gets a lot of use, and is actually paved along the beginning. The state parks does have a really nice area to camp in the redwoods, nice spacing between the sites, plus, just hanging out under the redwoods is pretty nice. There are other hikes I like more in that area though.

Cool that Tootsie learned how to fetch a stick! My dog never wanted to play catch, (I got the feeling he considered it "beneath" him, LOL) I hope she and Jersey hit it off.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Tootsie is a smart girl. She took over the man cave couch. Funny girl. She is probably so confused at the present. When she realizes she is in a forever home again she will be fine.
Sami doesn't play catch but she sure plays with her toys.

I need to be clipping goats but it is soooo hot. Oh well, it isn't going to get any cooler I guess.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hot here too, Adi! Thinking I'll work in the garden once it cools down a bit.

Deer invaded my garden and totally munched my tomatoes. Ruined my canning projects, but oh well. Turned the water scarecrow on, I'll teach them.

Re-read my post earlier, I don't type very well on my phone, sorry.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I planted my squash in the garden yesterday. Even though I started them in quart Dannon yogurt containers, the air is so hot here they were turning yellow even with being watered as needed. I have the sprinkler on them and I mulched them with dirt from the goat yard. Hope they get some green color back. My swiss chard survived the grasshoppers and I am also watering it and it looks like it is putting out new leaves. Sure hope so. I have banana squash, spaghetti squash set out and I also planted some zucchini seeds. I put all of this in a small corner of the big garden that DH plowed for me. Room for a few more plants so I think I will take some tomato cuttings and set them out too.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm envious of your late frost that let's you begin planting now. Swiss chard is such a trooper, grows all through the heat of summer like it was nothing.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi All!

Oh Krit, Tootsie is PRECIOUS! Why is she so shy? Was she abused?

Sorry I have been MIA again, we just had a whirlwind weekend. Left Thursday for Louisville, then got to Chicago on Friday for the Phillies/Cubs game, then left Saturday morning to take the boys to South Bend for the Notre Dame Game. We drove a couple of hours after the game and then drove 11 hours home yesterday. EXHAUSTED.

Cant wait to get Reese back from her foster mother's who kept her for us while we were away. She isnt trained yet with electric fence so she couldn't stay with Molly.

I am still doing JUDDD but the last two DD were not stellar. So hard while traveling. I did good yesterday, got a plain baked potato at Burger King.

Anyway, now that I am home I am going full boar JUDDD and I shall see what September brings. I just need to watch my UD's and gluten free products.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAK! [belatedly]

Sounds like a wonderful trip to Big Sur! Teach those darn deer a lesson!

Hi Adi! Lip balm sounds amazing! I so hope JUDDD works as well for me as it has for you

Lots of unpacking, laundry, groceries, etc to do. I knew this trip would be exhausting but we had a great time!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Happy Birthday Dak! I totally missed that in your post.

lil miss, your trip sounds exhausting, but fun! How were the boys?

Yeah, Tootsie was seized from a house along with some other dogs and the owner was arrested. I don't know for sure what happened to her but she has a lot of scars on her muzzle. Looks almost like wire was wrapped around her muzzle and there are bite mark scars on her face as well. She is getting so much more relaxed but she still shows no signs of ever getting off the sofa.

Doing lowcarb again. I had wings for breakfast and will probably have a salad with tuna later.

I was just reading on Marks Daily Apple about a study that shows that people who quit smoking have reduced gut flora and that that is largely responsible for them gaining weight. I'm going to blame quitting smoking for my inability to lose weight But seriously, I really need to make a habit of taking probiotics. I take them but after a few days I always forget about it.

Jersey's foster moms are bringing her over at 11 for a playdate with Tootsie. But the funny thing is that I spoke to Jersey's mom on the phone yesterday and she said Jersey doesn't really play and doesn't play with toys, so I'm not sure what kind of playing is supposed to occur. I guess they want to make sure they don't hate each other. I think if things go okay, we'll probably get Jersey Thursday.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a really nice day.

Sounds like you've had a real whirlwind trip,Lil Miss! Glad you're back, are you boys back in school yet? I totally agree, it's so difficult to eat out when restricting certain foods or calories.

Kritter, when did you quit smoking? I have seen that as a pattern for a lot of people, once people quit, it's almost a given that they'll gain about 15 pounds.

How did your play date go? They both look like such sweet dogs, hope they connect.

It's hot here today, feels like the heat is putting me to sleep.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, I quit smoking in 1986. I guess maybe I can't blame my weight problems on something I did 27 years ago, LOL

The playdate went great. Jersey is the exact opposite of Tootsie. Not afraid of anything and lives for food. She's so cute and loves going for walks. My only fear is that Jersey can be a push girl and we'll have to be careful not to let her steal all of our time and attention.

They met outside and Tootsie went right up to her, they sniffed each other politely and then Jersey ignored Tootsie while Toots ran around with her stuff animal in her mouth trying to entice Jersey.

So we're getting Jersey on Saturday. Yikes!

Today I sautéed up a bunch of kale and swiss chard with olive oil and lemon juice and cooked a couple of strip steaks. that'll make for yummy lunches.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay!! I absolutely love hearing about your new dogs. Toots is a cute name, too. In the Harry Dresden series, one of the wee folk he created was a little fairy by the name of Took-took. The guy that reads the audio book, (Spike, from the Buffy the Vampire series, James Marster, does a great voice for Took.

Greens sounds good. I have some chicken on the grill, nice and easy.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Lilmiss is our master reader it seems. I had to go back and find the post that I skimmed to find Dak's Birthday. Now I feel so bad that I just skimmed over it.
Dak- I know you had a great day on your excursion and forgive the belated Birthday Wishes. I need to slow down and digest what I am reading. I can't be that busy. Happy Birthday.
kritter - Glad your play date went well. Hope the two dogs become best buds.
lilmiss - You will get in the groove of JUDDD and it becomes like second nature.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, don't feel bad, thank you for the birthday wishes! I do know what you mean about slowing down, where did August go? I scheduled 4 days off for myself, that just flew by.

My DS has talked me into to buying a kettlebell. That's apparently the best new workout ever. I picked up a 10 pound bell at Big 5 that came with a DVD, cardio and strength training, good combo. I think my arms are getting more toned, or it could just be wishful thinking.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - My kettlebell became a doorstop whe I bruised myself so bad I looked like I had ben beat. Lol. I just could not get the hang of it. I have weak wrisst so I think that didn't help.
My poor squash plants can't get a break. Now the guineas are over there scratching around taking dust baths. And I am turning the sprinkler on for a few hours everyday. Lot of good that is doing.
Today is a DD and it is going well. This is my second and last day to work this week. I am getting a workput at work though. We are in a portable building with no bathroom. The more I drink the more trips I have to make across the parking lot and down the sidewalk and up the ahll to the bathroom. LOL
Old 09-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL, Adi, I have a fear that I'm going to lose my grip and the ball is going to keep going and crash into the TV or the sliding glass door. Hitting myself would be awful as well, now another worry!

What is a workput?
Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

workout - typo
Old 09-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG Krit! How goes it today with Jersey?????

Post pics!

I am having a DD. 80 cal yogurt for Breakfast, potato for lunch, sweet potato for dinner.

Very hungry. But determined.

Oh I feel the SAME way about kettle balls! They scare me! I figure I will send it flying like you do Dak! Hadnt even thought of injuring MYSELF adi!

How is everyone's weekend?
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi lil miss! My weekend is crazy and relaxing at the same time. Went out to dinner last night with DH.

Today, Tootsie had a great morning. Finally came upstairs and was walking around the kitchen. Then the vet came. So that was pretty traumatic. Then came Jersey and her entourage lol. The adoption coordinator came with her husband and then Jersey and her two moms came. Everything was fine and Tootsie just hung out on the couch. But later in the afternoon I was eating and Tootsie snapped at Jersey. Then they seemed fine. Both running around the kitchen next to each other and then running around the yard, no problems. So we'll see.

Then DH came home and Tootsie barked like crazy at him. He had a hat on so maybe that scared her. That's the first time she's ever barked. I'm not used to barking because Meg never barked. I think they're both exhausted now. I'm not sure what to do with them tonight. I might leave Tootsie down here and try to bring Jersey up to the bedroom.

Poor Jersey does seem to be looking for her moms every now and then. I feel so bad for her. But it's not affecting her appetite. She is insatiable!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Why couldnt Jersey's moms keep her?
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They were foster parents and already have 2 dogs. I don't think they could handle a third. And apparently, when their dogs come in from the outside they wipe all of their paws. OMG! I'm just happy if they don't drag poop in the house, LOL! She was with a family up until 3 weeks ago and they claim their kid developed allergies to her.

Just went down to get kitchen towels out of the dryer and ^%$#@! vole ran by me! Actually it ran along the wall behind the water heater. DH came when he heard me screaming LOL. Here, there's a big hole around some pipes that run into the crawl space so I guess they're getting in there. DH is going to try to plug it up. Knowing him it will involve foam strips and duct tape
Old 09-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - duct tape cures everything. We even use the pretty color to ID goats and their babies when we send them to the sale.
Glad the doggies are working out their pecking order.
lilmiss - I am going to more protein on DD.s Since we have a freezer full of beef. I cooked a bunch of hamburger patties sand I eat two or three small ones on DD's. I went to beef when I saw the list of how long it takes for foods to leave your stomach and pork was longest followed by beef. Was surprised that it was only 45 minutes for eggs. Anyway it is working very well for hunger.

I went to a goat show Friday and Saturday. The Brazos Valley Fair. My girls won two grand champions, one reserve grand and one Best Junior Doe in Show. I had a good day so I stopped for Blue Bell ice cream on the way home to celebrate. All three girls that won are the daughters of a buck I bought from NY. I am tired though.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

I went out today to check on my squash plants since we had a rain I was excited to see how much they had grown. GRASSHOPPERS!! I have little stems and no leaves. I dusted with Sevin but I am sure it is too late. I am sick. I had babied those plants for over a month on the patio. I am destined to starve to death it seems.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG what was I thinking getting these dogs! Jersey is great. The first night she woke me up in the middle of the night barking. I put her in the laundry room and she barked for 2 hours until I brought her up to the living room and then I slept down there the rest of the night.

But now that Tootsie's out of her shell, she's a lot to handle. She's got so much energy and gets so wound up in the house. Then she wants my attention and wants to play fetch in the house. I'm trying not to give in and ignoring her and now she's pacing around and panting. I can't get anything done because she's up my rear and wants to play every time I stand up. I think she needs to be with someone younger who can run with her or with another high energy dog - someone who can tire her out.

Jersey on the other hand fits perfectly with our lifestyle. She's so calm and just wants to nap all day. She likes to be petted but after a little petting is happy to lay by your side and sleep.

The thing is, Jersey's foster parents were insisting that Jersey only go to a house with other dogs so if I send back Tootsie, chances are they'll take Jersey back but if that's the case it will have to be. I can't keep a dog that's driving me crazy just to keep another dog that is a good fit.