Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Yes! We went out to dinner! Now that vacation is over and the last 2 weeks of WORRY is over I need to buckle down on my diet!

What to do? lol

DH wants to go vegetarian.... That's not me. I am thinking JUDDD or LC
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
haha lil miss, why does DH want to go vegetarian?

I'm actually toying with that - again. Right now I'm eating just seafood no other kind of meat. I'm also really serious now about cutting out grains. I woke up Saturday and Sunday with my body aching, especially my hands. The only thing I can think is that I was eating some whole grain wheat crackers Thursday and Friday with hummus.

I kept away from wheat yesterday and today I feel much less achy. I'm not sure I can do total vegetarian because I'm not eating soy and I can only eat so many beans, LOL, so I'll still eat fish for now.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Lil Miss, so great to hear that it was benign! What a awful thing to hear about during a vacation, though.

I've been in a heavy work mode, work, sleep, work sleep, coming up I have Thursdays off this week, so that will be nice.

Funny to hear you talk about being vegetarian. Especially as I'm drifting into Paleo. I'm finding that eating meat is very satiating to me, whereas with eating vegetarian/vegan, it's really easy for me to over eat, not so much so with paleo. Also working with eliminating wheat. That's been really interesting, wheat just seems like so much fluff to me right now, another food that's too easy for me to over eat and never feel full. Never thought I feel that way, but especially with how denatured our foods are, wheat especially feels like just empty calories.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

dak, funny you mention eating fluff. I bought a bag of some kind of "veggie" chips which are basically made with potato flour and colored to look like they actually use vegetables to make them. I swear they're like eating air! I can eat 1/2 a bag and not feel full.

I found out last night that we got approved by the lab rescue! Now waiting to find out if we can get Stella and Brandy.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
dak - and we are still waiting on that tire to be delivered so DS had to take our new truck since he had to report yesterday. We still don't have the tire. We could have driven to Austin and picked up the stupid thing. And we had to have the 1995 one ton towed to the shop today so DH is afoot.
I have worked part days all week but won't tomorrow since I have to get ready for a craft show on Saturday. And today is a DD and I had my BP coffee this morning and some eggs and have had an upset stomach all day. Might need to cut back the MCT oil again.
lilmiss - come over to JUDDD or try bulletproof.
kritter - here's hoping you get the girls.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone!

Can you believe, Brandy and Stella were adopted! Actually, it's showing as adoption pending. I'm happy they found a home together.

But there are 2 more we'll looking at. Tootsie brooklinelabrescue.org Blog » Tootsie

and Jersey
Jersey reminds me a lot of Meg. These 2 are both former puppy mill breeder dogs.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Damm onions.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jersey is really beautiful, so is Tootsie. Tootsie looks like she might be very high maintenance, isn't your eventual goal to have 3? Tootsie looks like she might be happiest as an only dog. Though, if anyone could make it work, I bet it would be you.

Adi, about once a week I usually take a break from BP coffee. I need a day where I don't start with so much fat. Hope your show goes well today! Paso is having an olive festival today, can't decide yet if I want to go earlier or later, I think early, so I don't have to hunt too much for a parking spot.

We went to a fundraiser/auction last night, and ran into friends we haven't seen in 15 years. Our sons were best friends when they were about 7 or 8. It was eerie how similar we are now, both into gardening, we both did biodynamics for a while, both into Paleo now, and, most amazing, we both drink bulletproof coffee every day. She and her husband even knew about the Heartmath biofeedback I'm doing now. It was great to reconnect.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, I thought the same thing about Tootsie but her foster mom thinks she would do well with another calm dog who would kind of show her how to be a dog. Can you imagine a dog going to a dog park and sitting on a bench. Poor thing.

That is amazing that you and your old friend are both doing bulletproof! Does the couple live near you?

Have fun at the olive festival!

I bought some powdered raw green super food yesterday and made a shake with it this morning. I added a scoop of protein powder and mixed it up in some coconut milk and a little almond milk. Turned out really good. I'm thinking of adding a scoop of collagen powder and a little MCT oil and having that after dinner tonight.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - sorry about the doggies but I am sure the perfect match is out there waiting on you to find her.
I woke up this morning after a UD and was shocked to see an 8 pound gain. My legs and ankles are so swollen this evening I bet I am still up in the morning. I have no idea what I got into. I am thinking maybe it is the fatfree yogurt. Our grocery store rarely has my regular dannon fullfat yogurt so if they are out I get the only other one they have which is the fatfree. I ate fatfree yogurt yesterday and poof I am roadkill. Wonder how long it will take to get rid of all of this exctra water. My feet actually hurt from the swelling.
I had a great market today and sold lots and it was certainly worth the time spent. Now to go to bed and hope I have to get up a dozen times to go to the bathroom.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG, Adi, 8 pounds? I bet you are sore. Was the fatfree yogurt sweetened? I've been reading how wheat and sugar cause inflammation in the body, but wow, that's just awful. (article I just read: World Renown Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease)

Glad to hear your market went well! I had fun shopping at the olive festival on Saturday.

Kritter, no, our friends are down in Southern California. We're talking about maybe meeting this spring just north of LA, but time will tell.

DH asked what I wanted for my birthday, I was just looking at something, thinking that would be a great birthday present, but can I remember it? Guess I really must not need it, LOL.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - No sugar in the plain Dannon fatfree yogurt. I am going to stay away from it. Sugared ice cream doesn't do that to me. I have lost all but one pound of that water weight. My ankles are almost back to normal. Gosh they were so swollen the skin itched.
I skipped the BP coffee this morning and I feel good. I made some without the MCT oil for several mornings and I was fine but once I added 1 t MCT, upset stomach. one t isn't much either. Darn.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, I loved the article! Sadly, I know so many people in my family who will NEVER do their own research and will continue to eat low fat, while continuing to chow down on snackwell cookies and processed crap because their doctors tell them to eat low fat. Oh and they'll continue popping their pills for high BP, high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease because darnit, no matter how well they stick to their diet, they still can't get those numbers down. Really sad.

Haha, you'll remember what you wanted for your birthday, after your birthday.

adi, glad the swelling is down. I know what you mean by being so swollen they itched. I've experienced that.

So I found out this morning, we're getting Jersey! And we're also getting Tootsie! They're delivering them next Thursday night after work. Poor things are going to be so scared and dejected but hopefully they'll come around quickly. I think Tootsie spent her entire life in a kennel with no one ever petting her or talking to her. Breaks my heart.

So I'm back on low carb, lol. My hands are really sore. Today, I couldn't even open my bottle of diet pepsi!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - How exciting. New fur babies to love. I am sure Tootsie will be fine. Sorry about your hands. Been there too.

DS went back to Ft. Hood today. He has a Commander's meeting tomorrow. He told his Dad what he was being assigned to but even when I asked him he changed the subject. Stryker unit Commander. Looks like an automatic Deployment to me. Not sure how often we use Strykers in the states. Not much need for armored personnel carriers outside of a war zone. One more thing for a mother to worry about.

Had a good day today and Monday I had a complete fast after my breakfast BP coffee. I was so busy I had not time to think about food so when I got home I did evening chores and went to bed. Sure hope tomorrow's DD is as easy. I am staying home tomorrow since the freight company called to tell me they would deliver our new pool liner tomorrow between 11 and 3. Big 18 wheeler so I guess he needs to go down the oilfield road and stop at our gate and transfer it to the bed of our old truck. His truck is supposed to have a lift gate. We shall see. Otherwise it will be on the side of the oilfield road until DH gets home from school. Then the truck driver can go circle through the oil well and drive straight out.
Our beef is at the processors so we should be getting that call soon to haul it home. I have the freezer ready. Moved all of the remaining pork sausage to the little freezer so it would not get covered up. Made a casserole with sausage tonight instead of ground meat and it was really good. I noticed that DH ate the rest of it so he must have liked It too. A little different is always nice.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi I'm so sorry about DS! When I first started reading your post I thought how nice that hes finally close by- at least in the same state.

I'm reading through main lobby and marks daily apple trying to get inspired to eat meat. I really hope I can stick to this for at least a month to see if I see a change in my energy and my aches and pains and my blood sugars.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I just wish something in life was simple. I have found that on JUDDD I eat very little meat. Just kind of gravitated towards that way of eating but I do eat meat just not much. On UD's I eat butter on my potato or veggies or have flaxseed pancakes cooked in coconut oil with melted butter. Those sure were good yesterday. Am tired of eggs right now except for scrambled.
I have discovered that some flavors of Blue Bell ice cream do not affect me but others make my joints hurt since that is the only variable in my UD routine. So I will eliminate some of my favorite flavors. Whine whine.

Of all days for the oil company to decide to fix the approaches and redo the cattle guards on the oilfield road. Yep. They are out there digging everything up. Have no idea how an 18 wheeler is going to deliver to my house without going down the oilfield road. DH said he might be able to back into our driveway but he sure can't pull in. It isn't wide enough. MAYBE he won't come until this afternoon and the construction work will be finished by then. Boo.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What awful timing! And what are the chances of that? Guess its Murphy's law.

Thinking your son doesn't want you to worry, but I think his logic is faulty, now anyplace there's trouble in the will be up for grabs.

So happy you're getting your dogs! They're both coming on the same day? Take lots of pictures, they'll be your "before" pics. I saw this before and after on reddit last night and thought of you, (after 2 months in a home!! )
http://i.imgur.com/4tVoRdf.jpg
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh adi, prayers for your son! So sweet he doesn't want to worry you!

Krit- 2 new furbabies! WOW! What fun and how generous of YOU and DH!

Hi Dak!

Kids went back to school today. I had very difficult day, now have blazing headache.... Hope to be back here more often very soon as we [hopefully] fall into a rhythm...
Old 08-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss, weren't you thinking about getting another dog? What grade is your youngest in?

dak, I loved those before and after pics. You can really see the difference in his eyes.

adi, I'm still confused! When will you officially be done working?

I'm on a team at work that puts on an annual awards ceremony and today was the day. I was on my feet the entire day, but it turned out great! We did a decades theme so people came to it all dressed up. I was decked out for the 60s in jeans, a funky psychedelic top with flared sleeves, scarf and round hippy sunglasses. So many people got dressed up. One guy had on a velour red 70s "Pimp" suit - it was hysterical.

But best of all, 2 of the people I nominated for an award won!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

YES Krit! We have the new dog. She is very sweet but very PUPPY. Chewing on everything, etc. Your party sounds hilarious! What a fun place to work!

One week until your new dogs? We have had Reese for 2 weeks now. At first she couldnt do stairs or walk on our hardwood floors. She has severe separation anxiety and is VERY attached to me. She would cry when I left the room, but in the last 2 weeks she has taught herself to walk on the wood floors and go up and down the stairs!

Biggest issue is: She is SO painfully thin that she fits THRU our the slats in our fenced yard. Oy vey. Between that and the chewing I have to follow her EVERYWHERE.

Adi - when will you know more about DS and his assignment?

Dak- are you still doing JUDDD? I have been LCing for a few days now but I am thinking of getting back on JUDDD, maybe a LC JUDDD since LC really helps suppress my appetite. BUT JUDDD appeals to me bc I like the idea of a potato day...
Old 08-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I will never be done with work. LOL. Yes I retired but I will continue to do the same job but for only 2 days a week. So I get three days off to play. HaHa.

lilmiss - DS isn't much to talk so I guess the next time he comes home maybe he will know more and tell us. We have ALL of his belongs right now so when he finds a place to live he can come get it. Yeah right. I am doing a potato DD today. I like potato DD's. I haven't really tried the potato only thing day after day. Too boring I guess for me and when I did sort of try it I was starving.

We emptied the freezer and I defrosted and now I can plug it back in and get it super duper cold for the beef that we will pick up on Monday. One more thing accomplished. I had an online order to ship today so I went to town and bought groceries for the weekend. Stocked up on baking potatoes since I have one every UD for lunch.

Off to finish the laundry and take a nap. I am sleepy.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

DD #1, rockin it so far

Reese [new pup] is throwing up and refusing to eat. Sigh. Spent morning at vet. Treating her for gastritis, but if this continues have to go to vet ER.

I am very anxious today.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - Darn, we are on the opposite rotation. Yesterday was an UD for me so today is a DD. I had coffee with HWC for breakfast. I have been doing the BP coffee but that much fat kind of messes up my stomach so I am cutting back to just the HWC on DD's.
I need to drink broth again too since I have started have ing leg cramps. Not enough salt in this heat is not good.

The central AC went out in my soap trailer yesterday so we stuck a window unit in the living room so I can at least keep up with the things I HAVE to make this weekend. Another expense.

Hope everything is going smoothly for everyone.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!

(though as I'm the only one of our group on the west coast, I probably shouldn't say that)

Lil Miss, I'm doing BP, basically, lots of vegetables, meat and some fruit. While I'm not losing weight, I'm maintaining the loss I achieved with the UD/DD rotation. Nice to be eating a lot of vegetables from the garden this time of year. Roasted tomatoes taste good on so many different dishes, grilled halibut, turkey burgers, still getting a lot of use out of my Traeger grill. BP is difficult to manage eating out though.

Lil Miss, you might like the biofeedback unit I've been using, really helps you manage stress. It's put out by a company called Heartmath. If you have an iPhone, they have a program called Inner Balance, it connects to your ear via a clip and measures your heart rate variability. (They have other programs, too, EmWave2 and Desktop which are on sale for $99 till today heartmathDOTcom) By breathing rhythmically to a pacer and cultivating an awareness of your heart, you learn to balance your HRV, bringing what they call, coherence, to the brain/mind/nervous system. It's akin to meditating, but with graphs, LOL. I can easily say it's the best $99 I've spent in a long time.

Adi, tough time of year for the AC to go out. (making any facial soap?) I know what you mean about the fat in the coffee, I feel I have to balance it all with lots of water.

Cool story about your party, I love 60's dress up parties! I was a wannabe hippie in the 70's, complete with moccasins and braided leather headband.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone,

Haha Dak, I remember getting a pair of white "gogo" boots when I was about 10. Roasted tomatoes sound so good! How do you roast them? Slice them up and bake them with some olive oil?

lil miss, I love the name Reese! How old is she?

adi, 2 days a week isn't bad!

We had a party Saturday. DH and I are both still exhausted! And I am so achy - hand was killing me just from holding my mug of tea today. I know that's from all of crap I ate over the weekend. Why do I do it!

Found out we're getting one dog this week and then next week we'll get the other. They want to give Tootsie some time to get used to us without the other one there. I'm a little relieved because I think meeting 2 at the same time might be tough.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey everybody

Second DD here, worst.headache.ever. ugh. Excited for an UD tomorrow, having lunch with friends.

Krit- DH named her after Merrill Reese, the announcer for the Philadelphia Eagles, LOL
Dog plan sounds like a good one.

OOOO Dak, thank you for that info! I am going to look into it. I could use some help managing my anxiety, even just my daily anxiety not even heavy stuff!

Adi- I am wondering if my headache today is from lack of salt/sodium.... I will post a picture of Reese soon!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, I've been roasting them in a hot oven (375 - 400) with olive oil, garlic, salt and herbs. Roasting brings out the best flavors.

This week for Tootsie!!!! Are you going to keep their names? Keep us posted.

Lil Miss, great that you're doing JUDD, I'm going to try a JUDD day today.

Getting any zucchini, Adi? I keep missing some squash when I pick, keep ending up with giant squash....
Old 08-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - Drink some chicken broth that might help with the headache. And drink more water too. DD's for me vary between easy and not. Everyone is different.

Dak- My squash plants are about ready to plant in the garden. Looks like most of the grasshoppers are gone and we had a rain yesterday and today. Not a lot but enough for now. DH needs to plow again and then I will plant my squash. I have facial soap on my production list for this weekend along with facial lotion. Baby steps for me to get everything caught up.

Kritter - How exciting. I think one at a time is a great idea. I like the name Tootsie. Hope you keep it.

I picked up the beef at the processors yesterday and brought it home and unloaded 490 pounds of meat into the chest freezer. Up the steps down the steps. Got my workout in for the day.. That should last us for a couple of years When we went to GA last January someone helped themselves to some of our beef and chickens in the freezer so this time we have a padlock on the freezer since it is not in the house. The chickens were actually roosters. HaHa on them.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

I like the name Tootsie too
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not sure on the name. She is the color of a tootsie roll so maybe it will fit her.

Yep, I think getting her first and letting her settle in is best for her and us.

I'm so looking forward to a 3 day weekend! Anyone have plans for the holiday weekend? If Tootsie seems up to it, I might take her to a park for a walk.

Adi, I can't imagine carrying 500 pounds of meat into the house. That for sure is a workout.