Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
South Beach Vets - Chapter 8 - August 2013

How did it get to be AUGUST?????????????

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Here we go again!

New month, new start or keep the momentum going!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
Queen Bargain Shopper

Morning!
Happy August!

I am doing better this week, but now reining in the exercise - having knee issues and my PT at work thinks I may have torn my miniscus.

Tried checking in over on the regular SB thread for more accountability - different crowd then when we were all hanging out over there.....most of the ladies seem "older", and I don't feel the fit anymore.....even Rose doesn't post often! So that will save me some time and I will just keep an eye on the recipes. One of the gals posts some great tweaks she does for SB.

Tina - continued thoughts and prayers.
My Godmother passed away yesterday. She lives in Canada. I won't be going to the funeral but trying to figure out how to send flowers.

Kelly - any word on that job?

Wiz is in Dallas......

Have a great Thursday - it feels like this week will never end.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Morning!

Dinner yesterday was way too much of the wrong stuff.

I did get up this morning and do the c25k. 2.75 miles in 31 minutes!

Kids go back to school in just a couple of weeks.

Cindy - So sorry about your aunt. Prayers for peace for your family!

Luisa - You still with us? enjoying your summer?

Kel - How's the moving coming along?

Wiz -How's Texas?

Gotta get to work! Really swamped! Happy Friday Eve!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Hi Girls,
Sorry I have been kinda MIA this week, been super busy! End of month at work gets crazy and getting my mom moved out! Shes officially in Dallas now and I have my house back to myself I hauled an entire carload of stuff away yesterday to GoodWill, my whole body is sore today from all the lifting and organizing, guess I got a good workout

We are going to test drive a new vehicle tonight, trying to find something that the whole family can fit into, I really hope this pans out cause we havent found a whole lot we can afford that is big enough for all of us!! Wish us luck.

We still have 2 months before we are ready to move into a house, but Michael will move into my place the end of this month. Yesterday during my cleaning, I organized my closet to clean out the other half for him Now he has a place to put his clothes! I still have more organizing to do, but its looking way better than before.

I havent heard anything back on the job yet, she said it would be a few weeks before she would be ready to do 2nd round interviews, so hoping I hear something by next week.

Eating is totally off, but I did go grocery shopping yesterday and stocked up on OP foods! I wanted to wait till mom was gone so she wouldnt eat up all my food, I know that sounds bad, but she wasted the last of food stamps on cooking wine to get drunk on. How bad is that? I was so upset that I figured she could just live on top ramen and other junk I had around the house and I wasnt going to spend my money on good food for her!! Glad that crap is over with!

Cindy- Sorry to hear about your godmother

Tina- Congrats on the running, I cant even go 1 mile lol. Running and me are not friends lol.

Wiz- Your in the same town as my mom now lol. I know its hot there, hope your surviving!

Kelly
Old 08-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

Back from Dallas, and yes, it was hot as heck. I didn't even run outside, which is very unusual for me. I really cannot stand that city, it's my least favorite of the places I visit regularly. And it seems tough to find OP food there. Everything seems to be fried and covered in some kind of sugary, fatty sauce. ugh.

Tina, I can't imagine how tough that funeral was. So very sad.

Cindy, I am sorry to hear about your Godmother. Maybe FTD does Canada as well for flowers? And watch out for your knee, you do not want a nagging injury. I really like my stationary bike for non-weight bearing exercise.

Kelly, I am sure you are relieved to see your Mom leave, and excited to have Michael move in! Finding a car that can fit 6 is problematic, my SiL ended up getting a used Suburban. It was only 2 years old, it fits all the kids and their crap It's finding a car that has the 3rd row of seating without costing 40K+ that is tough.

FYI. I weighed in this morning and while it was less than Monday morning, it was still pretty high. I can feel it right around my mid-section.

It's our 29th wedding anniversary this weekend and we are going out tonight to celebrate (because we have parties to go to over the weekend...). Just the two of us, I am looking forward to it!

2014 Running Miles: 362
2014 Walking Miles: 279
2014 Biking Miles: 513
Old 08-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning All!!

Well we are now the owners of a mini van lol. We wanted something else other than a van, but it came down to what we could afford and what the dealership was willing to work with us on and this van is pratically brand new, it only has 40K miles on it! It was a late night after getting home from the dealership, so I am tired today, poor little man had to go along with us, he did pretty good for the most part, but he was getting tired at the end too and grumpy lol.

Im glad its Friday, on tap for this weekend we are going to see the new Wolverine and thats about it, it will be a pretty chill weekend. Supposed to be in the 90s on Sunday so we may go to the river for a few hours, not sure.

Happy Anniversay Wiz!! Im sure you guys will have a fun weekend.

Next item of business now that the car shopping is out of our way is getting Michael moved in. Now that we have a van and all the seats fold down, everything he owns will fit into the van to move it over to my place lol.

I still have some school shopping to do for the boys, havent gotten anything for lil man yet and my older son still needs shoes and a backpack. Cant believe school is right around the corner!

Have a great weekend ladies and I will check back in on Monday.

Kelly
Old 08-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #8
Queen Bargain Shopper

Saturday; up early and watching a couple shows on hulu.
Parents here and guys golfing today, girls going for pedi's, Target and a couple other places....DD's for dinner.

Kelly - sounds like there were some issues with your van? Hope it all gets worked out.

Wiz - out of town eating is not easy!!!

I have just been hanging in there and not stressing about eating - eating right but not depriving myself as in cutting way back - I think that's not doing me any good.

We went out for mexican last night with my parents....I had a Taco, half an enchilada, some chips and salsa and a Margarita! It was soooo good!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WIZ!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Such a great weekend here...we had a wonderful dinner out for our anniversary (filet mignon and scallops in red wine demi glace with shitake mushrooms and sundried tomatoes. OMG!!)

Went to a fun graduation party on Saturday with lots of old friends. Sunday was a 5-mile walk, anniversary breakfast out, perfect beach day followed by a girls night out at my friend Melissa's.

And yes, I left my poor husband at home with no dinner (ooops) on the night of our anniversary. The pizza place around the corner was happy to cook for him.

So with all that being said - No - I did not weigh in today. We start vacation at the end of this week (going to the horse races in Saratoga Springs NY for a few days) and I don't think I am going to worry about the scale until we are back to work.

Cindy, I like what you said about not stressing about eating right now. I'm not going to sit around eating bon bons , but I also don't feel like thinking about every darn mouthful of food right now.

Kelly, Congrats on the new car! Hey, I think you guys are doing the right thing and thinking about the needs of your joint family. Good for you.

Tina, how is your C25K going?

Gotta run! First conference call of the week is on deck at 9 AM EST
Old 08-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Man its a Monday around here, one of my coworkers is out for 2 weeks and I have to take care of all her stuff and boy does she have some messes Not a good start to the day!!

We finally found a new car, 2011 Nissan Versa, I love it, the gas mileage is amazing!! Its similar to a Prius. Gonna be nice on the pocket book.

Eating is off cause I was gone all weekend, but going back home tonight and I have good food in my fridge, just a matter of eating it

We are gonna start moving boxes of Michaels stuff over this week, so that is exciting

Not much else to report, still doing back to school shopping for the kids and in 2 weeks we have rented a T-pee to camp in overnight with all the boys. That will be fun! there is a water park nearby as well, so they are all excited to go do that, our last summer fun before school starts back up!

Back to work for me!

Kelly
Old 08-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Kel - congrats on the new car! bummer about the van!

Wiz - c25k on hold. My ankles (both of them) hurt. I mean ACHE! I don't know why. So i am going to be biking for now. See if a little rest help the ankle situation. Found some different things on pinterest to try!

Cindy - Is it almost time for DD baby shower?

We are missing Luisa!

Lots of work to do today! Have a great one beachers!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #12
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am in complete denial...I refuse to get on the scale this week. I KNOW it won't be pretty. I can just feel the bloatedness. (is that a word?? LOL)
Old 08-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Up this morning and biked. My ankles are still VERY painful. The digital readout didn't work on it. (been awhile since I been on the bike) So I just timed myself. Gonna check it out tonight and see if I can figure out if its a battery or something else is the issue on the bike.

Over the spring I sanded and redid out kitchen table. I stained the top a walnut and painted the bottom the same color as all of our trim and then distressed it. I LOVE IT. Well, I have been procrastinating, but I FINALLY started on the chairs last night. They will all be painted the same color as the base of the table. (cream color called tequila)

DS started his two a days for football Monday. Between football, working, and mowing. He is a very busy young man. Once school starts he will be even busier. He'll cut his working down to just weekends. This is his senior year. Gonna be an expensive one for his parents!

DD is on the countdown to school starting. I think school start here on 8/15

I'm feeling pretty good food and exercise wise. Must make me chatty.

Happy Hump Day Beachers!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #14
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wow! You start early Tina! Is DD looking forward to back to school?
I want to see pics of your table! I have the typical oak 90's table set and DD's said I should either get rid of it or redo it.

I am meeting with the dietician at work next week. I have had it with watching what I eat and working out - and nothing happens.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Biked 30 minutes this morning. Ankles are feeling much better today so I'm thinking of just trying to walk on the treadmill in the moring. I freaking HATE that bike!!

Cindy - I think DD is ready to go back to school. She doesn't have much to do during the day and she can only FB and instagram so much lol. I'll get a pic of my table and upload it for you. I am soooo sick of the light colored oak. The top of our table was in bad shape because its old and we are hard on stuff. But I'm back in love with it again. I finally started the chairs and now I can't wait to get everything done! (sorry to bore you with the details, but this is one of my favorite hobbies!!) Hope your meeting goes well with the dietician.

Wiz - How you doing?

Kel - How's the moving in going?

Going to a flea market on Saturday morning with my mama, great aunt, and maybe the BFF. I thinging I might want a bench to go on the side of the table that faces the radiator in our dining room. (we have steam heat, SUPER ugly radiators in EVERY room.) The chairs get pretty banged up hitting up against the radiator. Wish me luck finding something this weekend

Almost TGIF! Let's make it a great day!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #16
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tina, your project sounds fun! I like hearing the details. Some day, when I am retired or maybe working part time, I would love to take up some crafting/painting projects. I just don't have time right now given all the days I spend away from home on business travel.

Cindy, I can't even say I have been watching what I eat. Some days, yes. Other days, not even close. I have really been so inconsistent this summer. And it really shows. I dread the cooler weather and having to stuff myself back in my jeans.

Kelly, how's your week going?

FYI. We are on vacation next week. We're driving up to Saratoga Springs, NY for a couple day of horse racing and hanging out, then finishing up the last few days on the beach at home. We're taking friends up to NY with us. We don't usually travel with other people, so we are a little cautious about how it will play out!! It will either make or break the relationship.

So now I am just trying to get through these last 2 days of work....sigh.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Im so glad its getting closer to the weekend, this has been a long week, been busy covering for someone at work who is on vacation for 2 weeks, so next week is gonna be busy too!

I am going over to Michaels tonight to help him start packing, I gathered up some boxes from my work. We still have about 3 weeks to get all his stuff out, so its not a huge rush.

We got notified yesterday that we are getting raises and they take effect now!! That sure made my day

On tap for this weekend, I will be driving out of town to pick up DS14 and a buddy of his, I have to make a bday cake Friday night when we get home. Saturday is Michaels sons bday, he is turning 16! So during the day on Saturday we are taking all the kids plus friends to the river for the day, will be fun to hang out and swim. Then Saturday evening is the bday party. Then I am going to take the 2 lil ones to see Despicable Me 2 at the movies. Should be a good time!

Not much else to report, good luck with the Dietician Cindy!!

Kelly
Old 08-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #18
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One more day of work before vacation!!

So, I finally broke down and got on the scale. The good news? It was 2lbs less than the last time I got on it. The bad news? I am still up several lbs for the summer. UGH.

Kelly, congrats on the raise!!

TGIF!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #19
Queen Bargain Shopper

Old 08-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 08-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #21
Queen Bargain Shopper

Ugh.
I can't wait to meet with that dietician tomorrow.

Did everyone have a good weekend?
I am off today since it's DDNOW26's birthday and we are spending the day together!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning beachers!

Got 15 min on the treadmill and 10 min on the bike in. Still having some ankle issues

Spent part of the day yesterday sanding down two more chairs, put a last coat of paint on one and then distressed it. Now it needs a couple of coats of poly. Hoping to do that this week after work.

Have a hair appt on Fri, thank goodness, I am GRAY.

DS has a football scrimmage on Saturday. First one of the season. DD starts school on Fri. She's been coordinating outfits with all of her friends. They all decided on dresses, I think she's gonna be the only one NOT wearing a dress.

Fri night we went to see We're the Millers. I thought the previews were stupid but DH wanted to see it. Turned out it was pretty good.

Happy Monday Beachers!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Well I over did it this weekend, got sunburnt on Saturday and ate way to much junk!! Got on the scales this morning and it was ugly. Back on track today.

Had Michaels sons bday Saturday night, everyone loved the cake I made, I have to admit it was yummy!! I was in bed early though while everyone else was having fun, my stupid sunburn made me so tired and in pain.

Lil man lost his very first tooth last night!! It was so cute to see him wake up this morning and come running into my room to show me the money the tooth fairy brought him. Brought a big smile to my face!!

This next weekend is our big campout in the T-pees with the boys and the waterpark! I am excited but will remember my sunscreen this time lol. I took next Monday off to recover from camping lol.

I had better get back to work, still covering for a gal who is out again all this week!! Have a good ones ladies,

Kelly
Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Ladies!

Up and hit the treadmill this morning. c25k still on hold. just did some walking. DH came to tell me goodbye. Trying to talk to him and walk at 4 mph was not working very well. I swear I about fell off the treadmill 3 times in less than 5 min.

Last night I did some weight stuff. I looked up and pinned several things on pinterest, most of them I at least tried. Gonna try doing that 2 or 3 times a week in additional to the morning walking.

Wiz - hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Kel - the camping things sounds like a lot of fun for the boys.

Cindy - What time do you meet with the dietician?

I'm off to work!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
So its a little challenging now at my house cause Michael is over almost every night now and I am cooking dinner for us plus making him lunch to take to work. I am trying to think of healthy things I can feed him where he doesnt feel like he is on a diet lol.

Last night I made spaghetti but used Dreamfields noodles, he had no clue they were any different and I didnt tell him lol. I can eat those and they dont cause me to gain like regular pasta does, have you guys ever tried them?

Tonight I am making broccoli chicken alfredo and just leaving out the noodles.

They did a big lay off at my company yesterday, the people have until October before they have to leave, but still you can tell morale is down, kinda crappy

Well I had better get back to work, have a great day ladies!!

Kelly
Old 08-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #26
Queen Bargain Shopper

Well, I had a great meeting with the dietitian. She said I am doing everything right......maybe I am not eating enough, and maybe because hormones are changing things, I may need to change up my work out routine. She also said could I be happy with where I am at? Um, no - even though people think I look great - I want to be down 7-10 lbs. So, long story short - we think that WW is probably the way for me to go and GO TO MEETINGS - not just online. We also set an appt up with the trainer for me, and a check back in with her in two weeks. So now, I need to decide.....we did agree that with WW alot of people choose the wrong foods to use on points. I know that and have seen it - you can't eat cupcakes for your points everyday. I did some research online and found a gal who blogs, who eats whole foods on WW. So.........I am pondering. I had the greatest success in my weight loss with WW and when I went to meetings...............

Not sure I want to spend the $$, but we decided that the accountability makes a difference for me.............
Old 08-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Crap! I thought I posted yesterday!

I got another new pair of tenners yesterday. I think the pair I had were giving me the ankle issues. We'll see I guess. I wore the new ones to walk today. Tomorrow morning I will try to do more of a strength training. Squats, lunges, arm presses etc. I really think I need to build up some muscle I am so out of shape.

I am really coveting the polar FT4 watch with the heart rate monitor! I think it may go on my christmas list. With the heart rate monitor it tells you how many calories you are burning during your workout! (among other things) I WANT IT!!! Anyone here use anything like that??

Cindy - Living a changed life is a weight watchers blogger also. I think she may be pregnant right now. But reading some different blogs is REALLY helping me with the exercise thing. I think I mentions before that I like the blogs skinnymeg and mamalaughlin. Skinnymeg is pregnant now, but she is still killing the workouts. (both women lost a lot of weight)

We had chicken fajitas for dinner last night. OMG they were sooooo good. I had mine without the fajita and it was still DELISH!

Kel - Can you make you BF starchy sides? I next to never want to eat the rice or noodles that I include in dinners for the family. Good luck finding healthy options!

I gotta get to work! Almost TGIF!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #28
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Off the beach for the day!! We are having a great vacation. But oh boy, Monday will be a day of reckoning....I absolutely need to get back on track. Hope all is well!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
I have been doing well eating wise this week, the scales are moving back down which is nice!!

Tina- Yes I can make him starchy sides, I just have to make sure I am not tempted to eat them too lol. My willpower sucks sometimes

Cindy- When are you starting the weight watchers? They have weekly meetings here at my work, if it wasnt so darn spendy I would do it just for accountability, but I simply cannot afford it!

Im super excited for this weekend, I have been working on my shopping list to get the food and stuff we need for our camping trip. The boys are excited too. I am going to work from home tomorrow and I have Monday off, so it will kinda be like a 4 day weekend So I prob wont check back in till Tuesday, I plan to stay away from the net as much as possible and just enjoy the time with my family.

Have a great weekend girls!

Kelly
Old 08-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #30
Queen Bargain Shopper

Tina - thanks for those blogs!
I find they help me too.

Kelly - not sure when I am going to join - if I am! I was looking at the cost and it's like $40 a month to do the inperson with all the etools, which I like. I keep thinking to myself - REALLY? You can't do this yourself? So, I have been trying to eat RIGHT, and figure out what I want to do - will decide by the end of the weekend and then get my A$$ going on whatever it is.

Wiz - glad you are having fun!!!!
Closed Thread