Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Cindy-of course, there's always Dr Who

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
The rest of my kit is in the UPS truck. Yay!!! So are my supplies!!! Ooooo! I'm gonna rock'
Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #183
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Cindy-of course, there's always Dr Who
Perfect choice!!

or Warehouse 13?

Are you watching Perception?
Longmire?
Justified?
Rookie Blue?
Blue Bloods?
Rizolli and Isles?
Dexter?
True Blood?

Last edited by TuscanGirl; 08-28-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

I got my kit, I got my kit! I have so much darned jewelry now! It's fun trying to decide what to wear next!!! I got 26 pieces today in the last part of my kit, about that many the first time. Eeeekkkk, so exciting!

My cousin lands at 5:15 tomorrow. We have dinner with mom on Friday night, lunch with some of the cousins on Saturday noon, another cousins gig on Saturday night, Sunday I'm making pot pie (chicken and dumplings) and rest day, she leaved at 5:00 on Monday evening. I still have some cleaning to do tomorrow. I cleaned my car today and washed the towels that I put on the seats cuz if the girls messes. I still have to make the beef and noodles tomorrow and take to Kim's to freeze.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend. It will be nice to have Monday off!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #185
Princess Proofreader

Or Haven?

Yay Becky!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #186
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Becky, have fun with your cousin.
That's a lot of jewelry. Did you pay for a kit like you do with Avon?

I passed my test. No more ACLS for 2 years. One worry off my mind. Now I work on race medical. Plus the kids new house. I went over last night. The master bath is close to done. The paint in the main bath looks great. The hardwoods came out gorgeous. They have a lot to do in the next week. I know more painting going on today. The kitchen is getting painted so they can put the new cupboards in. The bath needs a second coat. Then they can finish putting it in. Went with Billy to buy door knobs since they are replacing them all. They are also changing light fixtures and putting pot lights in the living room. It will be like a new house.

I ordered Isabella's bed. Needs to be picked up and put together. The price on Wayfair went up over $60. The same bed is available online other places for around the same. I ordered through Walmart online. Same exact bed for over $100 less. It is a white trundle bed and headboard is shaped like a tiara. I need to buy two mattresses now. They will cost more then the bed. I also need to get mattress protectors, sheets and blankets. I found a quilt at Home Goods. I promised to buy her bed for her new room.

Today I meet someone at Clubhouse to go over to the Cherry Blossom 10 milers storage unit to get cots, wheel chair and a few things we borrow. Then I work on race things.

I took tomorrow off since I took the class yesterday.

I also have wedding things to do. Saturday I go for dress fitting. I need to work on goody bags for hotel. Some how that became my job. I don't know how many yet but need ideas besides bottles of water,mints,directions.

Busy busy!!

Still can't run. Tuesday I went to the track and immediately felt pain. Couldn't run 3 feet. I haven't had time for the doctor. I am calling today for Tuesday, Thursday or Friday next week. I feel fine till,I lift, run or when I am at work and on my feet all day. The timing is horrible with all the race medical prep that requires lifting and bending.

Reminds me I need to go to Staples today too.

Once I get through September 8th and survive my medical organizing and race day it will be all wedding stuff.

September 10 is a trip to venue for last meeting. I will finally see it. I have seen videos and photos. DH has been there. I have tried to keep out of it as much as possible since her parents are paying for the majority of it. We are paying for dinner night before, drinks and alcohol,DJ, goody bags, grooms suit, bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.

We are only serving beer,wine at the bar. It is a 11:30 Sunday wedding. They are having hit mulled cider at cocktail hour with fruit, homemade biscuits and jelly, little donuts and muffins. Then brunch/ lunch and cake. It is open seating. I wanted Mimosas but would have to pay for the peron to serve them plus glass wear and ingredients. I hate to spend more.

The food is vegetarian and fish. Not vegan.

The cake is a s'mores cake. Graham cracker flavored cake, chocolate filling, marshmellow meringue icing or something like it. Keeps with the fall theme. Not my choice and I can't eat it.

MK, hope your on has a good trip.

Jenn, back to school. Summer went too fast.

Cindy, when is the baby due? Names??

Kelly, hope the school year and sports season started off good.

Schools started in our county Monday. DS31 started a week ago Monday. He works and then runs to the new house. He is always at Home Depot or Lowes.

Isabella has been difficult. Lots of attitude. Very two with no to everything.i had dinner with them last night too.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #187
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
No Internet, so on phone....will catch up later!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Quick

I'll have to remember those series. (although, I already have watched or do watch several of those)

Adding to the list-
Supernatural
Scandal
Fringe

One of DS20's room mates wasn't able to come back because of $$. The coach has athletic money for him next year and that will bridge the gap between what he has and what he needs, but all of the money was distributed this year to older guys. DS20 told me his friend is working at least 3 jobs (one of them is seasonal) and looking for another one to have money in the bank to make it easier to come back. They were all disappointed, but they knew he might have problems coming back without extra financial help and the boys had been talking to the coach to try to get more scholarship money for their friend.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #189

Private colleges are expensive. All college is. My DS31 has a lot of loans and graduate school was private.

That is why I still pay his car insurance. They all struggle. We pay all three boys car insurance.

Helping them pack tomorrow night. Have to be careful though. No lifting and bending. I may be watching Bella instead.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm slightly picky about what I watch...lol...I got very bored with OUAT, but am giving it another shot when it comes back on. Have to catch up with a few episodes first.

Debbie-congrats on passing! I knew you would!

Becky-how exciting! It must feel like Christmas!

Kelly-I am dreading my kids starting college...student loans, ect. Makes my head spin.

MK-I thought so too!

Cindy-which reminds me...the British version of Being Human. So good...

Made the best cupcakes for DH's birthday yesterday: grain free chocolate cupcakes with a whipped milk chocolate ganache filling and peanut butter frosting. Delicious!

Elementary open house tonight...new school for the kiddos...hopefully everything will go well. Then going to see an Army band concert where they will perform the 1812 Overture with, I believe, cannon. Looking forward to it...a nice end to Summer.

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 08-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, my kit was $149 plus tax, like $167 total. But I got over $2000 in jewelry!!!

Taking time to watch PawControl with Gracie on Nick. It's her new favorite show.

I had to call Verizon to get a new/refurbished phone cuz the portal to the charger isn't working. Woke up to an uncharged phone with only 10% charge left, THANk GOD for insurance. John always says its a waste but I don't trust myself with in uninsured phone.

Cousin is coming on at 5:15. I have to leave here about 415 but will leave at 345 just in case since its getting close to rush hour
Old 08-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #192

Becky we insure our phones. DS22 has broken a few screens and more.

I have been out since 8:30. Bought some new uniforms. Got some supplies for Parks HM medical at Staples. Bought things at Bed, Bath and Beyond for DS31's house. Bought dusty rose and grey towels for Isabella's bathroom and a grey memory foam rug. Bought a set of twin sheets in pink. Going to look for more at Target and Home Goods. I bought them a Bona HArdwood floor cleaning system. I had 4 20% off coupons. I have to stop spending or work more.

Now I am going home to do more volunteer related work. I started my day getting medical supplies from the Cherry Blossom 10 mile storage units to supplement our clubs. We only have one wheel chair and I wanted their extra cots. They borrow ours. I think I have 12-14 total. Hope I never need that many on race day.

DH in Cincinnati for the day. Won't be home till late.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

I know Cincinnati!!! Waving to Debbie's DH!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #194

My brother lives in Cuncinnati. I have never been there. Might run The Flying Oig next May and visit him. Of course I have to be able to run. Can't right now.

Made appointment with PA at orthopedics office tomorrow. She is great and I don't want to wait for the doctor to have an opening.i feel fine until I run, work or sit or stand for a long time.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #195
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post
Adding to the list-
Supernatural
Scandal
Fringe

One of DS20's room mates wasn't able to come back because of $$.

Poor guy! I bet he's upset!!!

I've never seen Scandal!

Also add
Broadchurch (Jenn - it's David Tennant!!)
Royal Pains
Covert Affairs
Under the Dome
Devious Maids
The Newsroom
Unforgettable
Burn Notice
And I think the new season of Torchwood is finally coming back to BBC America . .. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
I'm slightly picky about what I watch...lol...I got very bored with OUAT, but am giving it another shot when it comes back on. Have to catch up with a few episodes first.

OUAT?

And there was another BBC show where one actress played multiple parts . . . forget the name, but it was awesome . . . Orphan Black, maybe .. .

Debbie - Have you checked Pinterest for goodie bags? I'm sure there's lots there!

Sorry you're still in pain. Have you ever tried a chiro? Maybe something is out of alignment!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #196
Princess Proofreader

Killer yoga class today and a band class (using the stretchy exercise bands).
I need to vacuum but I'm too pooped!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #197

I will check Pinterest MK. I am on there all the time but didn't think of it for goody bags.

I am working on Parks and need to get it all done by tomorrow so I can send out emails and get responses back. Praying no one backs out last minute but I am well staffed and could rearrange.

DH just told me we have dinner plans for Saturday night. I am supposed to pick a place. I can never make up my mind when it comes to food.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

Took gracie to the airport with me, thought she could see some planes in the air but nothing! Not one in the air. I was so disappointed! She was good as gold, we got there early and I figured she would be bored but she was just watching the people.

Tired, I worked and came home and cleaned some. Going to bed
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #199
Queen Bargain Shopper

TGIFREAKINGFRIDAY!
What a week!

I watched/watch alot of those mentioned, and we are picky here too, Jenn.
MK, can't believe you haven't watched Scandal! One of my faves!
DH and I are enjoying Under the Dome - we can't watch till Friday though as that is when Amazon puts it up.

When you don't have cable you watch differently.....if we have to pay for a show - we think hard about if we really like it or the first episode - sometimes free - sucks us in. We would really like to watch Dexter, but EVERYWHERE it's pay to watch. I FINALLY found season 4 of Shameless on Vudu - will definitely pay/watch that!!!

We did find a new one - a Canadian show called Flashpoint.
DH and I have shows we watch together, then I watch quite a few myself.....

Debbie - DD26 did goodie bags, DD23 did not - DD23 doesn't buy into all the current trends and thought it was an unnecessary expense. Do you have to do them?

So Becky, your cousin is here for the weekend?
Debbie - do the kids move in this weekend?
Kelly - that must be hard for that poor kid that couldn't come back. What's he doing?
MK - what's the word from Rome?
Jenn - do the kids like their teachers?

Was going to go on the bike - think I talked DH out of it - supposed to be hot and humid for the weekend - no thanks!!! I said we have one free weekend the middle of September - let's go then - we can celebrate our Anniversary! I have a lot of cleaning and purging I would like to do this weekend.

What's everyone up to for the long weekend..........and we are heading into my FAVORITE MONTH!!!!!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 08-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, yes, Deb is here til Monday, her plane takes off at 5:15.

Woke up to allergies/Asthma bothering me.

Tonight is dinner with my mom at Olive Garden. Something planned for today and tomorrow, rest day and I'm making pot pie for her on Sunday. Then she leaves Monday and I get a couple days to myself. Kim has a couple of clients scheduled.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #201

I am off today and love having it off. I am off next Friday too.

Worked many hours on details for the race.

They move next week. Not sure which day. Packing starts tonight. I am helping but light Isabella stuff.

I saw a picture if the main bath. Looking great.

I have a long list of things to do.

Better get started.

Goody bags for hotel rooms. No favors.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 AM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Can't seem to get moving today. I think it's PMS related...it always affects my sleep.

MK-I think it is Orphan Black. I've not seen it though. Dollhouse was also very good and involved one actress/multiple parts

Cindy-so far, so good! We'll see how next week goes! Everyone but Rhonda is looking forward to going back. She just wants to stay home and "not do any work"!

Debbie-seems like things are coming together!

Becky-that's a lot of jewelry!

Henry and I have a popcorn show and sell this afternoon. So don't want to go!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #203
Princess Proofreader

Doc appt, new hair and brows and some dog walks today.
It's just so hot!!

Rome is going well. First day was a scavenger hunt throughout the city, today were "stupid" lectures and a good dinner at a restaurant with Sicilian wine that he actually liked.
I'm trying to make sure I FB message him every day. Classes start on Monday.

Cindy - we can get Dexter DVD's free from the library. Have you tried there? True Blood too. Scandal was on opposite too many other TV shows - gotta draw the line somewhere!

Jenn - did you go? I liked Dollhouse too. Orphan Black was really good!!!

Debbie - did you find anything on Pinterest?

Becky - I'm sure you hate to have Deb leave!!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #204
Queen Bargain Shopper

Saturday and September Eve!

Went to DD's for dinner last night - their idea of dinner and ours are two different things! We had brats (me no bun) and roasted potatoes......so didn't get the quota of veggies in I have been trying to get in.

Saw more baby stuff......DD anxious for shower and then work is planning one for the 24th - which I am invited to! YAY! I used to work with a lot of her coworkers, so it will be fun. She would like to know what she needs to purchase.

Working on shower stuff this weekend and cleaning......

Didn't tell you my Mom was in hospital again - has severe gastritis so needs to change her diet big time........and she's back to rehab next week.

Debbie - you will have to post pics!!!

Off to pick up my car from oil change, then groceries!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:48 AM   #205

I haven't taken pictures. I will.

The bathrooms look great. Isabella's room is done but waiting on bed.

Kitchen cupboards going up. Picked out counter tops. Didn't buy granite. Getting sink,garbage disposal and stainless still dishwasher.

They move in next Saturday evening but will start moving boxes in during the week. Started some packing last night. Tons to go.

I have been way too busy. Saw PA at Orthopedist office. She is great for my needs.
Starting on Prednisone when I eat. Have PT appointment for Tuesday. Waiting on MRI approval.

Work 8 tomorrow, 12 Monday, 4 Wednesday then off till next Monday.

Packing Medical Boxes today. DH and friend coming to help lift.

1230 I have dress fitting. Trying to get over to new house in afternoon and dinner with people at 6:30.

Cindy, did they pick a name??? Still H name?

We call the third bedroom in the new house the babies room. I think it will be filled with boxes for a long time. It is small. The house is small but upstairs all new. Saved some things like blinds,ceiling fans and tub enclosure.

I have been buying towels,bathroom rugs, sheets for Bella's bed. Everything was good price and used 4 Bed Bath and Beyond coupons too. I could live in Home Goods.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #206
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - poor mom! Hope she's OK!
Potatoes are veggies, right!

Debbie - I could spend tons of money at BB&B!!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #207

I spent around $140. I bought 4towels, 2 washcloths, two rugs, a Bona Hardwood cleaning mop system,one set of twin sheets.i think that is it.

Their master is browns with green. Main bath silver and white. There is a strip of tiles that has silver,taupe, brownish color but the bathroom shower and vanity is white. The ceramic tiles on the floor have a little grey in them like marble. Very subtle. I bought grey and pink towels. Light grey not dark and dusty pink. Rug is grey. Mirsa can't do all this with the baby so we discussed colors. I didn't chose colors for towels. Billy and I picked wall colors and ran them by her.

What a long day and now going to my favorite restaurant with a women Don has as a member of his nonprofit. Her daughter lives here. Don helped her get her job. Billy did her wedding ceremony since he has officiant license.

Never got to College Park new house today.

Work next two days.

Dress maker needs to let my dress out. It was taken in too much. It fits but feels a little tight. My weight is stable. I like it better though.

Gotta go!!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #208
Princess Proofreader

Can't wait to see your dress Debbie!!!
And the colors sound good!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #209

Aubergine, funny Don didn't know what that was.

Had dinner with really nice people. Are a lot but not much during the day. I was too busy.

They are moving here from Cincinatti but lived in the area before.

Tired but steroids tend to keep me awak
Old 08-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #210
Princess Proofreader

I thought aubergine is what the British call eggplant - so I figured it was a deep purple.
Closed Thread