Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Very cool Cindy.

Took 5mg Melatonin and only woke once and fell back asleep.

I went into Loft yesterday but only looked at summer clothes on sale. The fall clothes weren't on sale and the little I saw didn't interest me.

Do you think I can wear sleeveless for a October wedding? The ceremony is outside. I would buy a pashmina shawl. I have to try on the srcondvTlbots dress. I like the color of the I rest but feel the dress just hangs on me. The second is green and from summer dresses. I have to open it and see. It came on my way out last night.

I work 11-7. Tomorrow very busy day.

Better get my butt up.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Sorry I missed your other post, Debbie. I see you got some I bought mine at Harris Teeter, but I think you can get it just about anywhere.

Summer is winding down for sure. So ready for school to start back up! Next week we are going to Luray Caverns, but we are only going on an overnight. Millie and Henry both have birthdays coming up (they will be 9 and 8), DH's birthday is this month, and we have our anniversary too.

I'm still not feeling up to par but am feeling slightly better.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #63

Sorry you don't feel we'll Jenn.

Bought my Melatonin at CVS.

So the dress that just came from Talbots is nice but too summery. It is a lime green.
The other one actually is fine if I get it taken in at the hips and waist. My chest wouldn't fit in a 2. So off to the dressmaker I will go. I just need to find time.

I have offered my baby sitting services Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday because Mursa is off and day care closes for the week. They have things to do for the house. Easier without Bella. Last night DS29 baby sat and she was not happy when she got tired and mommy wasn't there.

So tomorrow I run at 7. Doing 12 miles. Going up to Frederick to check a Italian place at 1. It may be a stretch to get 40-45 people in there. Need to see. If not have to figure something else out. I only have two months. It would be easier down here but everyone is staying in Frederick which is a good 45 minutes north.

I work Sunday and Monday.

Between the wedding, being in charge of Medical for the big race, the kids new house and helping them and work I am busy. Plus I have to take ACLS in a few weeks and need to study more. I just can't focus on studying with everything else.

Right now most of my focus is on the race and getting more volunteers and setting up for race day. It is a lot of work!!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #64
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Debbie - sorry you're running around like a crazy person, but glad you got some sleep!

Jenn - I'm not ready for school to start yet!

Cindy - I haven't even thought about Fall clothes. I don't think I need anything new this year anyway!

DH is taking DS20 to the Packers/Rams preseason game in St Louis next Saturday night as part of his bday present! Can you believe he's going to be 21!!??!!

DD is such a good wife. And her DH is going to owe her BIG on his birthday!!

We're going out to dinner with friends for another birthday celebration - combo of DH and I - his birthday is Aug 13.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 08-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #65

On my way home! DH cooking me steak.

So I think I like the plum dress but need hips and waist taken in. Hope I have time for dressmaker next week. I must have shrunk because 4 too big but 2 would be tight in chest and arm holes. I have a big chest and arms.

Now if I can just keep my weight down for two months.

I think work stress keeping it off.

DH went to sons house today. Saw picture of Bella's room and gutted master bath. Demoed to the studs in the wall and floor. Will need a subfloor and dry wall.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
MK... The scarves are for John and Cory. Johns is charcoal and I'm working on it now, Cory's will be chocolate brown. Kim and mon got scarves last year

Girls are here, we get tomorrow night for date night
Old 08-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
I'm still alive! I had a LONG post typed after my parents left & got up & the kids exited it.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

For a 1 year old birthday celebrations for one of the little guys in our nursery. Then going to come home and hopefully have some quiet time and knit! Then date night!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I was feeling better, but now, not so much.

Will be back when I'm better
Old 08-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #70

Sorry Jenn.

Enjoy date night Becky.

DH and I volunteering at club track meet tonight. Need to be there by 5:30.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #71
Princess Proofreader

DH and DS20 went off to Chicago today to take some stuff to his apartment ~ so I walked 5 miles, walked the dog a few times, ate, started reading a new book and fell asleep for . . . 3 hours!

Merlin woke me up when he wanted to go out!

Then the guys came home and here we are!

It was a pretty good day!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #72
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Hi!
I didn't post yesterday!
Crazy busy day......

Friday had a great evening out for dinner with friends....then DH and I stopped for ice cream on the way home!

Yesterday, groceries, stuff around here, DD23 came home - ran and got cupcakes for DDalmost26's bday, shower stuff, then home and worked on DDs invites, which have to go out today. I will post a pic of the actual invite....they are AMAZING!!! DD did such a great job. We are trying to get the envelopes to print, and if they don't DD is going to hand write them....ugh, and she won't let me help.

Debbie - sounds like you are where I was a few months ago! So great for you to take Bella for the kids....is the Melatonin helping?

Becky - DD isn't knitting anymore so I think I need to start.

Jenn - when do your kids start school? Schools don't start till 9/3 here and the college 9/5. However, DSIL starts back Monday and I think his kids a week later!

Kelly - how are you doing? Seems like you have had a lot going on too!

MK - what book are you reading? Any new series you started on TV? Breaking Bad starts the last season tonight, DH and I are in the middle of Friday Night Lights, and I am in the middle of The Killing as well........I really am enjoying FNL AND The Killing......

Well, today is laundry, shower stuff, and DD and DH will have dinner with his family today and head back to Milwaukee.....she's not happy about them having dinner so late - it was supposed to be an early dinner, and they are having it at 5. How is that early? And I am off tomorrow!!!! I take DD's bday off and I think we are going to the outlets in Oshkosh. She wants to look for maternity clothes for work, and baby stuff!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 08-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #73

I didn't take the Melatonin last night and slept OK. I woke 1-2 times bt feel rested. I was tired last night because we had a busy day.

Isabella is starting potty training today. Mirsa is off this week and thinks she is ready. We will see.

Schools start here two weeks from tomorrow. In Prince Georges where my son lives and works a week from tomorrow.

Think we have rehearsal dinner site. This pizza,pasta place has a side of the restaurant that should fit 38 people and we can add more chairs. I will do pizzas, pans of pasta,salads,bread and dessert. Plus there is beer,wine and soda. It is low key and easy. I think I can do it all for $1000 max. That is fine.
I have to call the owner Tuesday.

I also want to figure out gift bags for hotel rooms. Directions,mints,water,small snack and maybe some Maryland specific thing. Can't think of anything but Old Bay,crabs and crab cakes right now so that won't work.

Working 12 tidy,8 tomorrow.

Kind of stressed. Really need to get things done on my days off this week and next.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Knitted til 2 am. Didn't like the textured pattern on one of the sections so I ripped it out and out my own design in. It looks better.

Been working on Labor Day weekend when my cousin is here from FL. Bin sentinel and his wide both texts that the cousins are getting together on the 31st at 1 if they want to join us. They always say nononeninforms them of what's going on... They won't come. Love to complain either way. Love it when I have to let them know and I KNOW they won't come but have to keep peace.

Getting ready to knit some more but going to put together the green bean casserole. We're having a little cookout today with Alyssa and Gracie whole Kim and Cory spend time to together. They met Cory and Noah yesterday for the first time and they both loved Cory and his son. I was sweating it after the ordeal with Sean. It started out great then her kids got in the way... Etc etc. so I was a little nervous cuz Alyssa was afraid Cory wasn't going to be very nice to her and her little sister. So much worry for a little girl!

Bbl, going to go okay in some green beans
Old 08-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #75
Princess Proofreader

Hi!
Just a regular day today - I walked about 5 miles and besides that just hanging around the house.

Cindy - I'm reading Love Walked In, some IBS books and Heirs and Graces.
I just finished House of Cards and nothing else really new - True Blood, Dexter, Unforgettable, Rizolli & Isles, Dexter, .....

Debbie good luck with Isabella and sounds like the pizza place will work out fine.

Here are some ideas!

Becky - you're knitting for us too, right?!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #76

Thanks MK

At work. In Psych ER last 4 hours. Two hours to go. Not going to complain about slowness. Can change in a moments notice.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #77
Queen Bargain Shopper

to DDNOW26!!!!

I am off today and she and I are spending the day!

Busy day again yesterday......DD23 and I after much frustration with trying to print the damn envelopes for the shower invites, ended up running to office depot to get fine point markers so she could hand address them!!! She is very picky (I guess that's good since this is what she does AND it's going to be a part of her business). DD26 came over in the morning as DH and DSIL's went golfing and out for breakfast! DD23 and DSIL didn't leave until like 7:30 AFTER they went out for dinner for his bday with his family!

Great news for me though! I got a new phone! I upgraded to an iPhone 5! My contract was up, and Target was running a deal with trade in's for old phones......they took my phone, gave me a $25 gift card to target, and I paid $35! So it basically cost me $10! I love all the new options, upgrades and the phone is SO light!!! I just ordered a new phone cover from eBay too!

Debbie - sounds great for the rehearsal. Ours was relaxed too - almost wish the weddings could be that laid back!

Becky - That is so sad that Alyssa worries about things like that. I hope it's different with Cory.

Jenn - you feeling better?

Kelly - another busy weekend for you?

Hope everyone has a great week....another busy one ahead.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #78

Becky, sad Alyssa has stress so young. Does she talk to you about it??

Cindy, Happy 26th to your daughter. You have a big year with the wedding and baby. Have they picked names??

MK, 5 miles is a long walk. Merlin's wound OK.

Kelly, how was your family visit??

Jenn, I hope you are feeling better.

Kaye??? Calling Kaye!!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello Ladies...

Am I feeling better? Yes and no. I am feeling much better mentally, but physically, not so much. I have a very upset stomach this morning that I wish would go away!

Becky-what are you knitting?

Cindy-Happy Birthday to your DD

Debbie-The pizza place sounds ideal for everyone but you! (Do they have salad? I may have missed that)

MK-I've been reading quite a bit. My mom got me started on the Women's Murder Club books by James Patterson.

Kelly-Busy with the boys or do you have company? You always have a full house!

I was going to go to the bank and grocery stores today, but feeling the way I am, I am just going to stay home! Will go out tomorrow if I'm feeling better.

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 08-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #80

Yes the pizza place has standard Italian fare including salads.

I had a stomach thing last week for a few days. Mostly nausea off and on. I wonder if it was hormonal. Kind of felt like morning sickness minus the emesis. It would come and go. Started Sunday and lasted a few days.

Baby sitting Isabella tomorrow. Need to be there early. 7am oh my.

Mirsa's mom fell and went to the ER yesterday. She is fine but had hit her head and didn't feel well. Potty training didn't start yesterday. Guess today which means tomorrow I may be dealing with it.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA, its been a little hectic here...
(and yes, Cindy, I'm feeling a little frazzled, thanks for the concern, its very much appreciated!)
I don't really feel like we've had a summer and DSnow20 leaves in about 2 weeks and DSnow16 starts school before that. We did have an open weekend last weekend and that was nice, we did some back to school clothes shopping for DSnow20 and had lunch out both days.
We did enjoy having my niece here last week. She got a cute Tiffany sterling heart on a double chain. It is very dainty and feminine and looked adorable on her. Its so fun shopping for her, because she really appreciates whatever you get her. We only get to really spend about a week a year with her, so we do tend to go a little overboard. My niece and I made multiple trips to Starbucks too, (with my parents complaining that it was too much, we went anyway, sometimes just the two of us) Food is always an issue with both of my parents, my dad is super picky and my mom doesn't eat well, feels guilty about it and tries to pressure everyone else into eating junk food with her. There was even a sarcastic comment made when I didn't eat the pre-lunch bread one day. (and yes, I did share her junk food after about day 3, but not the bread, it just isn't worth it)

Debbie, I know you'll enjoy Isabella! I hope everything is okay with Mirsa's mom!

Jenn, hope your tummy starts to feel better soon!

Cindy, Wow, what a great deal on the phone!
And, you are right, since this is your DD's business being picky about the details will pay off in the long run.
I love that your DD is going to the Packers game for her DH!

Becky, for Alyssa! She's such a little grown-up.

MK, how's Merlin healing? I'm reading a SciFi book called "Brothers" I'm halfway through and don't want to put it down.

I have taken Valerian occasionally when I'm not sleeping well. It doesn't make me sleepy but seems like I have better luck "turning my brain off" and sleeping all night when there is a lot going on. I've never tried Melatonin. I rarely have sleep issues(yeah!), really just occasionally when I start to get overwhelmed.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #82
Queen Bargain Shopper

Fun, fun day!

Jenn - James Patterson is my favorite author!!! I am reading the most recent book of that series! Hope you feel better!

Kelly - hang in there!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #83
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Jenn - there is a flu going around! Wonder if you caught it!
I just finished 12th of Never - Love the Women's Murder Club!

Take some time off until you're SURE you feel OK!

Cindy - You got your iPhone at Target?! Great price! I thought they were still $200!
That's why I was waiting!

And yes, good that DD is picky!

Debbie - I love to walk and I was finishing the above book, so it didn't seem far at all! Did you potty train today?
Merlin's wound is scabbing over and he seems to be healing well - though he will have a pouchy thing on his elbow for a while.

Kelly - how sweet you can treat your niece occasionally!!! And yes, summer has gone by way too fast!
I'll eat bread with your mom - since it's on my new 'diet'!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Have started a long post here 3 times in the past couple weeks and got derailed. 'Hectic' doesn't cover it...many apologies for being MIA. Haven't been online much at all, checking weather is about it...

Yes Jenn, there IS a flu/bug going around and DD21 and I have been passing it back and forth. A non-specific head, stomach, achy, zero energy thing. Just dragging ass for like two weeks!

Super busy here and just chipping off each day as it comes, highest priorities first. DD21 is down to her last two weeks at the plastics plant and is counting minutes. Making good money but hates it with the heat of a thousand burning suns. Hard, hot, long, monotonous work. There's a reason they pay well.

DD18 was hired at Wendy's and is on her 4th week. Learning the register and taking orders fast has been a challenge to learn, but she's an upbeat friendly thing and she likes it, so far.
Decided late (because we didn't know if she would graduate) and got her into the local community college. But since registration was in April, and we were just starting in July, any classes she wanted were full. Had to wait until yesterday when drop/add opened at 7 am. Slots were open in her two first choices and got her in at 7:01. So now I have 2 college girls.

DH is in his busy season and has been working weekends for the past month. 24 days without a day off now. Trying to keep all here under control so he doesn't have to worry about anything and keep all 4 of our working schedules organized.

Still haven't taken our day trip to Michigan's Adventure amusement/water park as when we did have a day we could go, like everyone had the day off, the weather turned cold and/or rainy or both. Still hoping we can squeeze a day in yet.

As busy as we are, and everyone working, I've not been alone in this house since early April. One will leave the driveway as literally another will pull in. So it's been months of constant distraction and I've lost all sense of my routine.

Have been avoiding sugars, but weight is still stuck at 120. Not as bad as the 125 in winter, but still not moving. I blame now being into full menopause and hormone shut down making weight loss much harder than before. Will have to double my efforts, but there just doesn't seem to be time to really concentrate on it. And with the lingering flu/bug/whatever my energy level has been horrible. Lucky to just get the basics done here.

Belated for MaryKay! My calendar told me and a day I started a post that never got finished! I hope it was a great day.

Cindy, I'm so glad the wedding went well, and there's excitement for your other daughter's baby coming. Happy news there!

Becky, Busy you! And love your avatar picture! Congrats. So much going on with you and your family.

Deb, A dress for an outdoor October wedding is a tough one! Transitional seasons are so hard! Good luck with the potty training!

Kelly, A summer on the pool deck, you're super busy too. Here with only a couple months of warm weather, we try to cram in as much as we can before the snow flies again. So much going on along with once a year festivals, parties and activities. Just can't do it all.

Jenn, I hope we both kick this 'thing', I really need my energy back!

Hugs and love all around to my favorite ladies.
More apologies for not getting my behind on here to let you know what's going on here.
'Cliff's Notes': Crazy Busy!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #85
Queen Bargain Shopper

Kaye - and glad you at least stop in to catch us up.
Glad to hear things worked out for DD.....you will find, the later it gets in summer, the less options there are, BUT the great thing is people change their minds!!! And yes, hormones and menopause put a whole new spin on trying to lose weight! Glad you are doing well though - we just miss you!

MK - the phones still are $200......the mobile unit at Target was just running a deal with trade in's and gift cards, so that is why it cost me $5. DD got an upgrade for her bday, but her DH paid $200 for hers......he is going to try and sell her phone himself......kinda foolish if you ask me, when it could have been done already, but who am I to question?

Shower invites in the mail and got door prizes yesterday. DD and I had fun......she got a bunch of maternity clothes and great deals at that! I bought two pairs of pants at The Gap, and that was it......hoping I get the afternoon off tomorrow (we go into blackout after next Monday till after 9/13, and trying to take some time) and heading to the mall here to hopefully find some black pants.....

Off to work - working early as my co worker traded late nights with me.........

Oh, and meeting with the dietician today........wonder what she is going to advise?

Last edited by Radmom413; 08-13-2013 at 05:26 AM..
Old 08-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Feeling much better! Yea!

Kaye! So happy to see you! Sounds like things have been crazy. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Cindy-glad the invites got in the mail

Need to go out and pick up a birthday gift for Henry. He's the big 8 tomorrow! Was hoping to get toes done too, but I think that will have to wait until after school starts. We are leaving for a mini vacation tomorrow so I need to get ready for that too. And I'm hoping to get some knitting time in too!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Not much going on here today. Got the back mowed today, John did the front and side on Sunday with the riding mower.

Happy birthday to Cindy's daughter. Flad you got to spend the day together! Lots of August bd's, Kim's is the 22nd, mom wants to take her to lunch and give her the sapphire and diamond ring she got her for her bd.

Making spaghetti for the spaghetti princesses. My girls LOVE spaghetti and pizza! I have them thug choice and they wanted spaghetti.

Moms follow up for her surgery is tomorrow and then were going to red lobster for the endless shrimp special. I told her I have to be home by 5 to get the girls off to Brad.

Bbl, gotta cook this gourmet meal. Lol
Old 08-14-2013, 04:37 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Birthday to my Henry He's 8 today!

Leaving this morning for a mini vacation

Will post later tonight!

Not sure how long it will last, but I'm down 11 pounds! So happy!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #89
Queen Bargain Shopper

Happy Hump Day!

and

Happy birthday.jpg

to KELLY!!!!!

Jenn! So proud of you - you need that to rub off on me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRY!
Enjoy your mini vaca!

DD26 and DSIL over again last night. DH called DSIL to help take down a tree, so they came over and the guys worked on that till dark. They will finish up on Saturday. DSIL is happy they will have wood for....ever, lol for their fire pit.

Ok, Shorties - put on your thinking caps......We need names! DD, being a teacher, is having a hard time finding a name that's not attached to some kid! She loves Henry (Yay, Jenn!), but has too many acquaintances with that name! They either want very old, or very now......nothing from their generation. Have ruled out so many with family attachments that they don't like. She is stumped. DSIL is about ready to give in to ANYTHING she finally like! She said she had like 3 girls names picked early......

Off to work today, taking this afternoon off......heading to DSIL's parents for dinner tonight to celebrate the baby - didn't have a chance with all the weddings. They put in a huge outdoor kitchen, so going to check it out!

love and hugs!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Is it Kelly's birthday too? Happy birthday Kelly!

Cindy-are they looking for boy names? I don't like the newer boys names...much prefer older. Norman, Walter, Clay, Darren, Gregory, Jeremiah, Kyle, Peter, Roger
Closed Thread