Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/288/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
I have to stay 20 or under for about 4 days or so the strips show anything. I know they are not super reliable so most people don't recommend them. For me, they seem to work and give me reassurance.
But all the other signs, lack of appetite, cravings, etc. are enough. I'm just a little OCD - hence why I weigh every single day. lol. Maybe a lot OCD!!!

Sorry you wasted your lunch hour. Love that you call him Mr. Clueless. Cracks me up every time I read it.
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Kim - way to go at the BBQ, that stuff isn't easy to pass up on. Stay strong girl! Take care of YOU, no matter what!

Jeanne - *tisk tisk* anytime any of us successfully gets back on plan, THAT deserves Praise! The important thing is you got back to where you were...you could have thrown in the towel and said , to heck with it! Don't be so hard on yourself, be easy on YOU, like you are on US! We love you girl

Rcookie - AWESOME on the new low! That is great! I am sure it is busy with all 7 there!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #243

Michelle - where are you girl? Stop in and update us!

I had a good controlled up day yesterday, right at 1900c! Yeah for me! Today is a DD, so far, so good! I think the heat helps, I get HOT and then I'm not hungry. A dear friend of mine that I had a fallling out with 3 years ago (NEVER EVER HIRE FRIENDS) emailed me yesterday. It was great hearing from her. I had missed her. WE both have some forgiving we need to do....hoping she and I are able, maybe we can progress up to a phone call later??? Time will tell!

DS14 worked on homework till 11:00 last night! WOW high school is tough. He took some hard classes, I'm proud he is working so hard. DD11, has yet to have homework! She is loving that!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hi all Back to my lowest, almost thought it would never happen so i am very happy today now on to a new low.

School starts next week for DD. She seems ready and excited for junior high. She likes school so its easier that way. I would prefer to still be home schooling but her grades are great and she does need the social interaction.

Monica- Hope it works out with your friend!

Kim- Hes still calling? Not very nice trying to get his daughter in on it.

Cookie- Congrats on the loss, I have been having a seed issue too, pumpkin seeds.

Jeanne- Great job getting back down, on to a new low right! I wish I liked beets.

Anna - How did it go with the plumber? Good news? Easy fix?

Michelle- You can do it girl, I think you will find it very rewarding after getting over the anxiety and animals help with anxiety a great deal.

Plan to have a perfect eating day hoping for that new low and a great week.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/108/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Good morning....or lunch

Anyway, I did a lot of stress eating yesterday. Nothing really off plan. Just to much. (2 Atkins bars!!) plus food. So I need to watch myself. Never ending battle for me.

Jeanne how is your BS doing?

MichelleHu good for you.

Michelle204 how are you?

Wow rcookie you are good. I would eat all the time with 7 extra kids. LOL Just because the more kids around usually means more food. Hope it's cooling down for you. I live deep in TX, and I hate heat. Oh well.....

Kim I hope everything is going better for you. Did you call legal aid?

Monica hope all is well in your world.

Part of my stress eating was the plumber. He doesn't think he can fix the problem. He will be back. If he can't we are going to have to spend major $$ on a old house. I just didn't want to put any more money into the "Money Pit". That was an old movie from like the 80's or 90's for all you young ones.

Later
Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Good day ladies. Sorry to take so long to respond, but I think I over baked outside yesterday. I was out of the sun but it was sooooooo hot anyway. With the humidex we hit 42 deg C here. That's almost 108*F. I had to peel my bra and shorts off when I got home. But despite that I had a good time. I met some very nice people and only felt intimidated a few times. I will do that again and feel less scared the next time. I was surprised how busy it was there. Lots of people came down with their dogs and sweated with all of us.

Anyway I just got caught up on reading what all of you have been up to and everyone seems to be doing so well. Congrats to all who lost and congrats to all that stayed the course. Anything, I mean anything is better than gains.

Monica and Kim how are your new furbabies doing?
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #247

Michellehu - way to stick with it and get to a new low!!!

Anna - home expenses are the worst! ARGH!!!

Michelle - that is GREAT I am so glad it went so well. I am so glad you are planning to continue with it.

My new furbaby is good. SPOILED rotten! I think my MOM sat with her and just pet her all the time, if she wasn't, I think my Dad was! I think PIP loved every minute of it!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

hi everyone!

Anna - crossing my fingers that the plumber can fix it!! btw....with 7 kids around there is no food left to eat! lol - maybe that's why I stayed on plan!

Michelle204 - congrats on getting thru your day yesterday. Feels good to do something you're not comfortable with and get thru it. And you're right...absolutely ANYTHING is better than gains!

Monica - my DS14 just started high school too. No homework soon but the lists and class info that came home was overwhelming. I have another son, 11 starting middle school. Is your DD11 middle school?

Jeanne - I don't like beets but I LOVE canning. Looking forward to doing pickles this weekend!

Michellehu - congrats on being back to your lowest!

Kim - how's your day?

Had a hardboiled egg and string cheese for breakfast - plus my sugarfree Rockstar - totally addicted to those things . One of the other department managers has been grilling chicken breast since this am for lunch. Not sure what to do for dinner. DS11 football practice makes it really hard to cook anything decent. Bring on the non stop sports practices from now until June again. No wonder I need the Rockstars.

have a great day ladies!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Ben at the IAMS So Good Event Aug,26/2013
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ben at iams (300x200).jpg (78.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-28-2013, 04:54 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle--love the new avatar of Ben!! so glad the day went fairly well for you--each time will be easier!

MichelleHu--congrats on the newest low for you--regrettably--no I am not at my new lowest--I have been 20 lbs lower several times-even last summer! booooo for me! grrr!

Rachelle-never had a Rockstar--what is it? an energy drink? carbs? any? where do you find them? too many questions?

Anna-super hot here too-the hottest day of the year-74 at 6am! supposed to be a heat index of 110 I think today--no rain in site--stay cool! what did the plumber do?

Kim-what is new?

how are the two Monicas?

I have to take the grandson to school today--he isn't finding junior high so easy... he struggles-hate to see that-worries me this early in the year-I hope he settles down and pulls it together...

have a great day girls

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:17 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Hi all!

Jeannie, I'm doing good. The usual drama with Mr. Clueless, nothing new there except now he says he's leaving the US and going back to India in December, but only for 3 months. Or something. Who knows, it'll probably be something entirely different tomorrow

I haven't gotten ahold of Legal Aid yet other than to just apply (online) for services. And yeah, getting his daughter involved...ugh....I told him, "this is between you and me, my kids aren't getting involved nor should yours. She doesn't need to try to convince me of your sincerity...if you can't do it yourself, then there's no way anyone, including your children, will be able to."

Besides, once I got it through his head I want a divorce, the first thing he did is approach the other lady telling her he'd like to try again with her. If she turned him down like he said, and he came back to me giving me the same "give me another chance", well...uh....he can't be too finished with the other if he actually told her he wants to try with her! And he just doesn't seem to get why I'm not believing him when he says it's over with her!

Furbaby is doing good. Leo is a tiny little bundle of naughty energy - I forgot how kittens are! My toes are being attacked the minute I go to sleep and he's a very reliable alarm clock, albeit a good half hour before I need to be up he has a special talent for turning toilet paper into confetti in no time flat....and I'm adopting another one on Saturday. I must be insane.

TOM is almost here. Ugh...up a pound again, but I am not changing my stats because I know it's temporary and I'll have a HUGE woosh once he departs. Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Yea new low. 1.4 to go to hit my august goal and a few days to do it so I am excited.

Kim- Sounds like at this point he will go to whoever will take him. Stick to your guns girl.

Michelle- Good for you, glad you had fun!!

Off to do some eliptical, try to check in later.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All

Michelle204 Sounds like you had a good day! Love the pic of Ben, so cute! So proud of you. I know how hard it is to do somehting so different sometimes. I will be in that boat next week at my new job. sigh....got to do it

Jeanne the heat is terrible...hate it. Our house is 50 yrs old. Everything is breaking. The tub drain is cracked, and all houses here are on concreat slabs. Not to smart. So we have a real mess.

Kim I always wonder why guys just can't get a divorce? They always have to have another women to hang on to. ??? I know my ex did the same thing. Sorry for your troubles girl. Hang onto the kids and the furbabies.

MichelleHu you are doing great!

What's for supper you all? I need ideals. Otherwise it's hamburgers here. Maybe some Atkins cole slaw??

Later
Anna
Old 08-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Hi to both Monicas
Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne -
Yes Rockstar is an energy drink. Not too many questions. They have 2 carbs in the 16oz drink. I've always been against them but it's easier for me than coffee. When I started low carbing again, it was hard to change my coffee routine and not add all the yummy creamers, etc to coffee. So I tried Rockstars just to get my caffeine at work and it does the trick.
Now I'm addicted!! Most people at my work are at this point and we keep a case in the fridge at all times.
They definitely give me that morning pick me up. But I never allow one more than once a day. I'm sure they are terrible for me.

But I can't give up everything!!!! lol - have a good everyone!!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcookie View Post
hi everyone!

Monica - my DS14 just started high school too. No homework soon but the lists and class info that came home was overwhelming. I have another son, 11 starting middle school. Is your DD11 middle school?

have a great day ladies!!!!
Yes my Daughter started 6th grade Middle School and son is a Freshman. He has HOURS of homework each night. Heck, he had homework the first DAY!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Ben at the IAMS So Good Event Aug,26/2013
OH HOW SWEET he is!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #258

Hello to all! We have 2 Monica's??? I guess I didn't see that!

It's Wednesday and life is busy. We tried buying the C-max car last night. The dealer totally torked off DH, we walked out. I truly HATE it when they say, Listen, we aren't making anything to begin with. Really???? So how do you pay for this facility, all these employees???? BS!!!!!!!!!! Not sure what will happen now. They have already called and dropped the price another $250, which means they are LOSING money!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #259

Jeanne - sorry your grandson is struggling! I hate that any child would struggle in school!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #260

rcookie - never had an energy drink. I tend to be sensititve to caffiene!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #261

Anna - we are having cheese stuff chicken breast. Not sure what SIDE we will have with it
Old 08-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #262

Michellehu - how did the eliptical go?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #263

Kim - I don't blame you!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Monica - my youngest is 6th grade, then we have 7th grader, then we have 2 started HS as freshman (oldest is 21 and in his own place) so I'm right where you are. These are crazy years!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Hi girls!

Yeah I did a name change. "KJGmn10" just was too cumbersome even though I had it as a username here for 9 years! So if you're wondering who IndieKim is, yeah, it's me

Well I did drop that pound again though TOM still hasn't arrived (any second now though), but I have a great non-scale victory to report - I'm in a size 10!!! I started this journey in an 18 in May. My 12s I'd bought were getting too big and I hate belts, so I said the heck with it and tried on some 10s yesterday. All fit very well so yay for that!

My youngest struggles in school too Jeannie, he's an 8th grader this year. He is an Aspergers kid, so academic struggles are kind of weird. He's brilliant in some areas (has always read well beyond college level, for example) and has issues in others (math, bigtime, and he's got algebra this year...lord help us). But the school has some great supportive services he's plugged into so I'm hoping this final year of middle school is his best! He starts Tuesday morning.

Michelle, excellent you had fun on your volunteer adventure! I can kind of relate to the issues you have with "people" because I'm pretty introverted. I'm more of a sit back and observe type in any kind of social setting, hate attention drawn to myself, definitely not the life of the party LOL....but I'm getting better. The internet is a godsend for me because I can socialize without being in the same room as a bunch of people

MichelleHu congrats on your new low!!! I love those!!! (even though mine are temporary LOL) Yes I'm sticking to my guns like glue, trust me! He's just a pain in the butt, but I try to see the humor in it...like, this is deserving of the Jerry Springer show or at least Maury But yes, my priorities are my kids, my furbabies, and work. Life's good

Anna, I sure hope your house issues can get fixed! That's so stressful

Hot here too still, but I hear it's finally going to break after the weekend. I can't take the 100+ degrees with that awful humidity! Miserable. My poor DS19 working in a restaurant kitchen in it too...he needs to get another job anyway.

Gotta get back to work - anyone I missed, I'll catch up w/ you when I have more time. Much luv y'all
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #266

Kim, that is a GREAT No scale victory! Way to go!!!!!! Glad your son has found help in at school! I can tell you, my son HATED middle school. Bullies, rude immature boys, thus far, he is LOVING high school! I am hoping we have turned the corner for better times.

rcookie - it is rough years. I try to remember that when he has an attitude. I did not enjoy middle school at all and high school, well let's just say I don't go to reunions. I stay in touch with a handful of friends from high school, the others, I have no use for and I had a large class of 350.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #267

HAPPY FRIDAY - EVE to all!

Plans for the weekend? We are heading to my parents house. I think we will take the boat out and do some tubing. Play a bunch of games. Eat some, drink some, you name it! Should be fun. I am planning 3 Up Days's in a row and then Monday, hoping for a nice solid Down day!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Kim wtg on the sizw 10s that is fantastic. You are doing so well especially with all the challenges you have faced recently. You are a good roll model for sure. I agree with the interenet helping me socialize as well. People really do scare me. I feel very inferior to everyone.

Monica I hate car shopping too. They all seem to lie like crazy. Yea not make money? Have you seen the owners personal homes? Around here some of our richest people with multi million dollar mansions are all car dealership owners. I hate the fact they make all this money by lying and tricking customers. How is DS14 doing on JUDDD these days?

Jeanne---How's the grandson doing in school. That's tough. I hope he can get a handle on it. How are you doing?

Anna---I feel for you girl. Just went through those drain issues and it was no fun. I not only remember "The Money Pit" I think it is one of my all time favorite romantic comedies.

Rachelle--- I have never tried Rockstar, but since I have such an addictive type personality I don't think I'll try it. My addiction is coffee. 3 cups a day or else watch out. I'm just happy having it with hwc or chocolate almond milk to make a mocha coffee.

MichelleHu---How's it going on the elliptical?

It is still hot here too. Work is very very slow which is not good to pay for those sewer bills. So my anxiety level is up yet again. I'm eating well but my carb level has creeped up to 30g for the last few days, so Saturdays weigh in is going to be a huge disappointment and I have no one to blame but myself. With the long weekend coming up I fear a few lb gain and that really upsets me. I know if I could cut the 90% chocolate out every day (that's 3g carbs)and the cream in ny coffee (that's 3g carbs) I would do better but I can't seem to cut that out. Oh well I have to do something to change my mindset or I will set myself up for failure.

Off to work... thanks for letting me ramble on.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Good morning No plans for the weekend. New low today 229.8 out of the 230s yeah. I guess this is the year I really work on myself. I actually loathe exercise but I have been making myself do it, want those legs to look good when I get to goal. DH promised to tell me if I shouldnt be wearing cute skirts anymore. Its been years I dont know what my bod will look like. My half-way to goal present is cowboy boots so I can wear them with cute summer skirts. Never owned cowboy boots in my life I just like that look, flirty skirt and boots, cute top.

Hamburgers for dinner here folks, not too original but it sounds really good!

Hi to all Like the new name kim!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/138/140<---in maintenance
WOE: 50 g carbs/day
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
HAPPY FRIDAY - EVE to all!

Plans for the weekend? We are heading to my parents house. I think we will take the boat out and do some tubing. Play a bunch of games. Eat some, drink some, you name it! Should be fun. I am planning 3 Up Days's in a row and then Monday, hoping for a nice solid Down day!
Hi Monica, I hope you enjoy the weekend. Boating and games sound like the ticket for relaxation and solid family time. We will be hosting a stay from family members for the holiday weekend. I'm getting things prepared, and am looking forward to the time off. I am tired. DH thinks it's my LC WOE that is draining me. Don't think so...just need some down time...I love to entertain. So, I will be in my element. This should get me back to a balance.

I'm down 3.6 on BFC this morning. So, that is keeping me motivated and positive. Halloween is a long way off. I think my goal was 50 lbs off by then??? Got to check it again... I am over half way there. Just need to stay focused.

Happy Thursday and Holiday!
BELLY FAT CURE