Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Kim--How do you make those bombs?
Well typically of course you make a batch of them. I didn't, I just wanted to try one and as I said, avoid overindulging if I love them (which I do).

I just took a spoonful of cocoa powder, a spoonful of almond butter which is all I had left, a spoon and a half of coconut oil, some butter (about a pat), a little shake of salt, some Swerve, mix it in a pan on medium heat (granted with this amount for just one it's not easy to do without scorching it). Heat it til everything is melted and blended. Then I buttered a little tupperware container (the size you'd maybe put condiments in for a bag lunch) and spooned the stuff in it. Topped it with a few shaved almonds. Stuck it in the freezer for like a half hour.

Not easy to remove, even having buttered the container, but I just loosened it with a knife and it popped out.

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24

Last edited by IndieKim; 08-22-2013 at 06:30 AM..
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
well I am back after the hair and coloring--doing laundry and keeping super busy today--today is the anniversary of my brothers passing last year-it seems like it was just yesterday in some ways-I am so thankful he is at peace but I will always miss him so much--I just need to remember when I get ready to fall off the woe to think about him and my Dad-and that should be reason enough to keep me on the straight and narrow path with lowcarb.

My son dehydrated some zucchini for chips last weekend and they were delicious--he put olive oil on them and then some seasonings but I really don't think they need the oil-I might spritz them-they were kind of oily-but they were like having real chips and they had a great flavor--I think he said it took overnite-so I am going to give it a go I think tomorrow and see what I can come up with--my zucchini are huge however-it may take awhile! but I wonder if I can vacuum seal them-maybe not-it would probably destroy them! trying to figure out how to save them for the winter time for dips etc?

Kim-I have some small silicone molds that I make fat bombs--look on amazon--they have lots of different one--they pop right out--this way you can make a bunch and just keep them in the freezer--not so handy for you to pop one in your mouth maybe? I haven't made any for a long time--I mix them in a bowl and then once they are melted I suck them up in a turkey baster to transfer them to the individual molds-easy peasy-make sure you always put the mold onto a solid surface-I use the top of a metal cake pan to transfer them into the freezer to set..I forgot to do that the first time-a mess trying to transfer 60 little flimsy chocolates and keep them flat!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Good morning to all....

Hi Jeannie a quick summary, dh is type 2 diabetic. They thought he may be a type 1 for awhile, but they say now is type 2. Lots of food changing, he has lost about 50 lbs. All LC. Good, but bad because he is to thin now.??? Never happy. (me) He is 6" and weighs about 160. I'm use to him weighing about 210. Anyway as long as he is healthy.

Anyway just been working part time, and babysitting my gd. I did fine a full time job to start next week. So now I'm working on my eating habits, trying to find clothes etc.....(my dh is a government employee...and you know that story!)

I need to get my hair done, I know that would make me feel better. LOL

How is your BS doing?? What are you cooking for the weekend? Those zuc chips sound like something I need to do. I love chips.

Anyway you all have a great day......you guys are the BEST!!

XO
Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Just a quick pop in to say hello and keep up the good work all.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-thanks for the update--you are doing great getting that weight off the DH!! awesome! I know it was all your devotion that did it! Men lose so fast-not fair! Get your hair done girl! I hate to go to the hairdresser--but I love it once it is done!

How is the grandtr? how old is she now? I hope you like your new job and it is all you want it to be--it seems I work more now than when I worked-of course that has something to do with keeping up this big yard and mowing all this ground-seriously thinking about changing that in a couple of years--I think about it everytime I am outside anymore!!

Here is the link to some zucchini chips--I have some ranch flavored popcorn flavoring and one other-can't remember off hand that I am going to put on mine today-I may put some heat on some for the DH but he eats enough of his regular chips-these will be mine-and I figured out how to keep them for the winter--I have half gallon mason jars and the vacuum sealer thing that I can just throw them in there and keep them nice and crispy I think and reseal too... it should work!

Red Hot Zucchini Chips | Marisa's Kitchen Talk

My blood sugars could be better--I flip over into the diabetes range occasionally--I was 124 the day before yesterday and 104 yesterday--I want it to be in the 80s like it used to be--so I have decided to try exercise-I actually got on the treadmill this morning--shock!! shocked myself-I had to unload it before I could use it!! anyway--I am going to try to see if that helps--and no eating after dinner--I have a habit of thinking I NEED Carbsmart ice cream or some other lowcarb treat for the evening--I will either have it with dinner or not at all and see if that helps to lower the morning bs... I hopefully have a plan of action!

Monica--are you back home yet?

Michelle--how you doing?

How about everyone else--what is happening to you all?

off to the kitchen to begin the slicing

Last edited by jbatchelor; 08-23-2013 at 05:56 AM..
Old 08-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne--WTG on that treadmill. Even a little bit will help I'm sure. You are an amazingly strong person and will do great.

Anna--- It is so great hearing from you again. I'll take a skinny husband over one who doesn't care about his health and does nothing to help himself.

Tomorrow is weigh in but it is my TOM now. So who knows. And it is very hot. That affects my weigh in too. I think when I get hot I retyain more fluids. But hopefully the pint of blood I gave will help show a loss LOL.

I'll check in a little later to see how everyone is.

PS My volunteering on Monday for the dog rescue has become a little bit more scary. I was suppose to be able to bring Ben with me and now they don't want him there because I will be sitting by the food and the health dept says no dogs can be within so many feet of the food. So now I have to do this solo and that has me a little bit scared. Plus I have to leave my furbaby behind. I hate doing that.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Hey Michelle,

I definitely retain water when it's hot out and it's been an oven out there for a week. Had a reprieve yesterday and now through next week they're predicting recordbreakers. Hot and very very humid. On top of that, Tom is on his way. All of this spells bad news for the scale for me too

I already gained a pound, going from 167.4 to 168.4 *sigh* I don't want any more bad news.

On the bright side my job's going well, I've gotten used to getting up well before dawn and hitting the road by 6:15. My responsibilities are getting clearer (some of the processes are reaaaally confusing) and I'm now at the point that I feel pretty confident taking on some new things, like running reports in Oracle which actually is kind of fun.

Mr. Clueless has not spoken one single word to me since Sunday. Wow! I'm probably calling Legal Aid next week to see if they'll take the divorce case pro bono or at least at a reduced cost. No way can I afford thousands in attorney fees.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Kim-I am glad you are feeling more confident about the job-I know that feels good--and I hope legal aid can help you with your legal costs--I am sure that is one cost you don't need--why doesn't he take care of it? he should right? grrr!

just keep following the straight and narrow you gals dealing with TOM-thankfully surgery ended my courtship with him when I was 48--It was a lovely ending...I never regretted surgery for that part! the water retention with the heat is something we all endure I am afraid! hang in there ladies!!

Michelle--I hate that you can't take Ben with you on Monday--I am sure you were counting on that-hopefully the first day will be the hardest and then you will be comfortable and will love going back--try to relax and realize that those furbabies will love you and appreciate whatever assistance you can bring to their lives-I am so proud of you for doing this!!
Old 08-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone....

If is ok, I would like to join (re-join) your challenge. I was going to wait until the next one. But I miss you all.

I will be LC, just trying to say on plan. Trying to stay away from the sugar monster. My downfall.

Anyway, wtg Jeannie on the treadmill. Do you like having one? My hubs wants to get one (or something). I'm not to crazy about it because I had a nice bike before and we only hung clothes on it??

How are you BS #'s?? Yes I will be checking in on you about that more often. But having said that, I know your a nurse and you take care of yourself. And good for you getting down from 124 to 104 without meds. Keep it up.

Michelle204 I am so happy you are volunteering for the furbabies. Wow, I wish I had myself together enough to do that. There are so many needey pets.

Jeannie I'm with you don't have to worry about TOM, but the heat makes me swell. And not in good places??

KJGmn10 sounds like you have your hands full. Good luck on the new job. I have a new job, starts 09-03, and I know I will be all thumbs....but got to do it. I'm just glad to have found something. I hope leagal aid can help you. I really feel for you.

Enjoy your Saturday....

Anna
Old 08-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Also, Michelle204 I am glad my hubs is doing well with t2d, BUT he is getting a bit lax. So I have to watch him like a kid sometimes. It's hard to balance LC with BS, and not lose anymore weight.

Anyway I posted in the diabetic thread awhile ago, and got lots of good informoation.

The best was about a guy named Bernstein. Plus, our Jeannie told me about him. So I got his book, and that has helped so much. Thanks Jeannie

And thanks Jeannie for the dried zuc receipe. I don't have a dehydator.....but I like that gals blog/page.

Later

Anna
Old 08-24-2013, 05:43 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Anna!

Thanks for the support, Jeannie also - well, he won't pay for it because he doesn't want it in the first place. Plus I make more money than he does

He did try to call me last night but I was deep into a movie and it was nearly midnight so I didn't answer. He didn't leave a voicemail anyway. He did call my son and I know what he wanted - he's upset because I kept receipts of wire transfers made to the homeland over the last year or so. I kept them because A. my name is on each one of them and B. because most of the money wired came from my pocket, not his. I'd love to get some of it back but I know how unlikely it is to recover funds transferred to a foreign country. If he cooperated, no problem, but I know he won't

Yeah I woke up this morning with all sorts of lovely indents on me from every crease and I look awful...definitely retaining some H20. I got on the scale and am back down to 167.4 though...again, IDK how that happens but I won't complain!

My back hurts, the morning headaches are starting. TOM's definitely knocking. What sucks is this is a "blue moon" cycle for me, since I got TOM right on the first of August and I'm on a weird cycle, so I'll have it again before the month is through. Ugh. I don't really want surgery, but I wish this menopause nonsense would just get rid of him for good. I mean, I have all the other menopause things going on, but TOM is one stubborn mofo Ugh!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-of course you can rejoin us--you silly woman--once a sister--always a sister!!! so glad to have you back in the fold!!! you like searching the new science stuff like me--I wish it kept me on the straight and narrow! so far this week I am staying the course and feeling so much better!- there is a lot to be said for the ketosis feeling! Anna--your numbers are so good-I am not sure why you even want to challenge yourself except to just maintain? and feel better eating this way? but I am thrilled to have you here for any way, shape or form!

Kim-sorry about the headache and all the other issues hitting you right now-hopefully it will pass soon and you will come out the other side with a big whoosh for hanging in there--and it was good you didn't take mr.clueless phone call last nite--It sounds like he wants to play both ends of the rope? what country is he from? is he a legal here or did he get married to stay? sometimes I here that happens? sure hope that didn't happen to you?

well-it is hot here and I am headed outside to mow before it gets unbearable-next week it will close to 100 and I will not be able to tolerate that--so I will be back later!

Michelle--hoping the scale was nice to you today!
Kim-
Old 08-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

No the scale was not nice to me this morning. But I had a feeling, so I'll let it go. But after eating 25g of carbs or less for over 3 weeks now and losing nothing is very nerve racking.

Anna glad to have you back.Good luck in the new job.

Kim--glad to hear you are getting settled in the new job. Are you still looking for something closer to home?

Jeanne-- It is so hot where you live. I don't think I would like that very much, but I don't like how cold it gets here either and I live here. So I guess I'm not happy anywhere.

Later girls.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Kim-sorry about the headache and all the other issues hitting you right now-hopefully it will pass soon and you will come out the other side with a big whoosh for hanging in there--and it was good you didn't take mr.clueless phone call last nite--It sounds like he wants to play both ends of the rope? what country is he from? is he a legal here or did he get married to stay? sometimes I here that happens? sure hope that didn't happen to you?

well-it is hot here and I am headed outside to mow before it gets unbearable-next week it will close to 100 and I will not be able to tolerate that--so I will be back later!
Jeannie, the headache is part and parcel of PMS for me, a misery but it is what it is. I eat a lot of ibuprofen during that time. Sure will be nice to see it go finally!

Mr. Clueless is from India (actually, the disputed territory Kashmir...beautiful place with a very tragic history) and was a permanent resident for something like 20 years before I met him. It does happen to a lot of women though - I've talked to many of them. Getting used for a Green Card or citizenship. Ugh. No, he didn't pull that one on me at least. He has never wanted citizenship; his goal is to work and send money back to India to fund a new home, business, and ultimately retirement for himself (and ostensibly me at one time). His family is really wealthy even by US standards.

His other lady is part Indian also. I had a horrible feeling that he was going to try to bring her there too and I wanted no part of that. And when we split, the first thing I demanded was half of the money back I'd wired over there, because A. I won't reap any of the benefit of it where it's going, and B. There is no way - NONE - that Miss Thang is going to benefit from my sweat either. I don't know if I'll ever see a dime of it, but I will try.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday Morning Ladies!

Down almost half pound and hit a new low! Very stoked about it, and with TOM approaching and the heat and humidity causing the water retention, I was NOT expecting that but I am NOT complaining!!!

We're under a major heatwave, it's miserable out there even at night. My electric bill is going to look like the national debt I'm afraid

Got a new furbaby yesterday, a gorgeous little 11 week old orange tabby and white kitten named Leo. He and my 12 year old lab met and got acquainted right away, and he spent last night curled up with my youngest son. Definitely has made himself right at home right away
Old 08-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Kim on the new low--you are doing fab!!! and the new furbaby--that is great news--I bet your son is loving that also-love the name-Leo the Lion!! good to have something new to focus on right now too!!

I am headed to the barn to can beets today-it will be a long busy day-so I will return tonite!

Kim-sorry about all that mess with your soon to be ex--has to be really hard-but you are doing well--putting yourself first--new job-losing weight for your health-getting things done for you and your boys--things are looking brighter for you--you just have keep thinking in the future and it will work out in the end-hurtful now but there will be a much better future for you--I am sure of it!! hugs

that same heatwave is descending upon Indiana--we are going to be close to 100 all week--and we have rural electric--our bill was 422. last August--we have double rates 3 months in the summer and 3 months in the winter--not fun--I want to be on city electric so much--my mom talks about her bill of 86 dollars and that includes water! It makes me ill! so I understand--we have to have air conditioning tho-I don't do heat well!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 08-25-2013 at 05:34 AM..
Old 08-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Jeannie, I've come to the conclusion he's a trainwreck constantly finding a place to happen.

Yesterday was the worst. In one breath begging for another chance and he won't live without me, the next saying he's going to try to make it work with the other lady. Now is denying the affair (it only happened once!) and denying saying things I know he said, doing things I know he did. I called him on every lie and he got mean and insulting. Called me a redneck (ok, that's not an insult, I wear that label with pride) and basically said he had no idea he'd married a bitter shrew. Right, and I have absolutely no reason whatsoever for bitterness. Ok.

I'm returning the last of the stuff he left here when I drop my son at work, and hopefully this can all be over with soon. He makes me absolutely crazy

On another note, got out my handy-dandy tape measure.

Waist -6"
Thighs -4.5"
hips -4.25"

WOW!!! No wonder my pants are falling off my butt and bagging everywhere. I had on a pair of old capris yesterday and last night literally slid them down without unbuttoning them. WOW!!!!

I found the constipation cure, btw....eating a fat bomb a day! I think it's the coconut oil, but I have no further issues with that. Whew I'm sure that's helping with the weight loss, but yeah, I feel lighter and not as sluggish now that I am "regular". I did make a batch of them, in the style of peanut butter cups. Yummy, but I need to tweak the recipe. I need liquid Stevia sweetener for a smoother candy - Swerve makes it a little grainy. And I picked up some unsweetened baking chocolate rather than cocoa powder for the next batch But they are good regardless

I adore beets Jeannie! I haven't canned them in years - in 1990 I made a huge batch of pickled beets and gave them to family and friends. One of my favorites

Enjoy and stay cool! This weather is AWFUL!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Kim on the the weightloss and Leo. You are marching in the right direction with your head held high.

Jeanne try and keep cool and enjoy your canning.

I am going for a walk and trying not to get too scared about my volunteering tomorrow. Why do I find people so scary???????
Old 08-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--hope tomorrow goes well for you--I will be thinking about you for sure-I feel it will go ok and you will make it through--big breaths!! think positive-you can always quit and you can make it through one day! just be brave and know we are thinking you through it!!

Kim--isn't it wonderful that inches are lost even more than pounds with Atkins? gotta love that--you are doing simply marvelous dahling! lol! love it when the clothes fall out-altho I haven't experienced that in a long while! you give me inspiration!

well-the last canner of beets is done and cooling--14 quarts will be good this winter! I really figured we would get more but last year we did them in pints so it looks less this time! next weekend we will do more beans and then I will begin canning tomatoes and that will be the end of the garden stuff.. the garden is actually drying up with no rain so not sure how long the tomatoes will last-I may not get many to can? I am afraid they won't last-usually they last until frost!

tomorrow is weigh in day for me--I deferred last Monday since I was at Indy for so long and totally blew it--but I have been back on plan since I have returned home so I am hoping that the scale will hopefully not be way too horrible.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone...

Good for you Kim on the inches off!! And the weight!! That is great. And a big about the Mr Clueless mess. So sorry for your troubles.

Jeanne I haven't eaten beets in years.....my mom use to make me. Funny now that I'm older I like about everything to eat. Anyway I love love love home canned food. So much better than store bought.

Michelle I too get scared of people. I am wondering if maybe you can connect with a dog and keep him/her close by your side. You can pet the dog while you talk to people.

Kids have all been in and out this week-end. And I didn't really eat off plan, but I have eaten to much. That is my trouble Jeanne. I just need to be accountable. And hanging out here has been the best solution so far. If I can maintain these numbers, I'm ok. But just a little cheat....leads to another.

GTG
Anna
Old 08-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

the weigh in was ok--I am back to my stated weight--I hope I can stay here now and quit going back up and start going down!! this up and down stuff is for the birds! I am my own worst enemy!!

Michelle--thinking about you today!

Monica--are you back from Dallas yet??? check in girl!

How is everyone else? how was everyone's weekend??

Anna--once I start eating carbs--it sets loose a monster and I just continue!! must be something in the brain!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Good Monday Morning All

Jeanne at least you didn't go up. That is always a plus. I went up a little. So I'm trying to be super good today. One day at a time.

Our hall bathtub drain is cracked, and making a leaky water mess in my kitchen. I am waiting on a plumber. This has been a week long mess, my dh does nothing in a hurry. Anyway....

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Michelle let us know how it goes today with the pets.

Anna and grand-d
Old 08-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
So hot last night, tossed and turned all night, was miserable. Retaining water like crazy. Cant seem to get past this point. Wasnt the best on eating yesterday but I will be good today. Hope you all are hanging in there. Cheers
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #234
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJGmn10 View Post
:

Got a new furbaby yesterday, a gorgeous little 11 week old orange tabby and white kitten named Leo. He and my 12 year old lab met and got acquainted right away, and he spent last night curled up with my youngest son. Definitely has made himself right at home right away
Congrats on the new furbaby!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
the weigh in was ok--I am back to my stated weight--I hope I can stay here now and quit going back up and start going down!! this up and down stuff is for the birds! I am my own worst enemy!!

Monica--are you back from Dallas yet??? check in girl!
Being back to stated weight is GREAT girl!

I AM BACK! We got in yesterday early afternoon, but I had work stuff, laundry and such to work on. It is MONDAY and for the first time since TUESDAY, I had to get up early! Before leaving for Dallas, I didn't sleep well Monday or Tuesday night....Thursday morning in Dallas I slept till after 9:00 a.m.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #236

crazy busy here. I didn't count a THING while I was gone. DS14 wanted today to be an up day...so I was fine with that. Keeping it to 1900c will be an IMPROVEMENT on what it has been!

How is everyone here?
Old 08-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls,

Happy Monday...yeah right! I'm up a pound again, blargh. I expected it with TOM imminent but still it sucks. Hoping for the mother of all wooshes when the heat/humidity breaks and TOM's visit is over. We shall see, but I'm being very good.

Last night had a hamburger patty with a smear of mustard since my friends were grilling. Passed up chips, potato salad, baked beans. Yay me! Then later fried up a pork chop at home. For dessert was a ricotta creme with some sugar free hershey's choco syrup. Needed that! Dang cravings.

This morning finished the ricotta creme; had 2 scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of cheddar, and 2 sausage patties. IDK, maybe I'm overdoing the sodium??? In any case I'm drinking as much water as I can stand and trying to cut back on salt during this time.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-glad to have you back!!! we miss you when you are gone!!! an up day sounds appropriate!! I know how hard it is to eat on plan when you are gone--that's how it was when I was at Nate's house--impossible! unless I would have packed a cooler for the whole time! I did take food but it didn't last too long! and don't praise the weight--it took me all this time to GET BACK to where I WAS!! that doesn't deserve praise! lol-I spend most of my time getting BACK-I need to change that-and just go down!

I hope you start sleeping better--it's not good when you have to get up and go to work!! I have always had that problem but now that I am retired it doesn't bother me so much! I just go with the flow!

Michelle--you are on my mind! praying it is working out for you and you are enjoying yourself with the furbabies! anxious to hear from you.

time to get back to laundry..
Old 08-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
Good morning all,
Haven't checked in lately. Super busy w/ school starting and football Mom stuff. The last week before school started we had 7 kids all week long. Literally for the entire week. I love them all soo much but I was sure happy when the couple extra went home a couple of days ago. Sometimes I go a little crazy!!! But then I remember there are only a few years years left until they all are gone from home anyway so I don't take this time for granted.
Finally got back into Ketosis. I had a couple of off days and those threw me off for several more days! Nibbling here and there on things I shouldn't have been. Now that I'm back on track, I better stay! Hard when your sitting at the field most nights surrounded by sunflower seeds and popcorn, etc. But that's just the way it is.
New low this morning 290.8 - not much of a loss considering how long I was at 291.5 but I'll take it!!!!!

Great job everyone else!!!

Kim - you are doing AWESOME!!! Considering all that is going on for you, it's just an inspiration that you're being so strong and taking care of business. Totally impressed.

Sounds like everyone is having hot days this week? The weather here has just been so-so. Supposed to be 90 today but sure doesn't look it with all the clouds.

Have a great Monday everyone!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Rcookie,

Wow you have been busy with extra young'uns and all. My son had a friend over for the weekend too but it's been so hot this weekend they just stayed in and played PS3 and only came up for air at mealtimes Which of course consisted of just about everything I don't want to eat, but I survived. It's hard too when you're out and about and there's carbs everywhere

Congrats on the new low!!! WTG!

How "low" carb do you have to go to get into ketosis? I swear, I've only registered "small" on the strips no matter how m/e I am with my food. It makes me nuts! There've been days after days that I barely hit 12 for the day and at the end of it, no ketosis. Ugh!

So Mr. Clueless calls during my lunch and is all about wanting another chance - again. Crying, telling me his daughter wants to talk to me, etc etc etc. Good grief; I ended up skipping lunch entirely listening to this. Guess that's one way to diet Nah, I'll go nuke my pork chop n veggies in the break room