Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I with Jeanne were here. I want to ask her if she has a recipe for Jalepeno Jam. We have like 25 of them on our plant and one can only make so much guac! I would want to make the jam with sugar free sweetner! Regular jelly/jam has more sugar than anything! The recipes I have seen online have like 6 - 7 cups of it!!!!!!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Michelle204 ~ Get back on that horse girlfriend, dont let that bronco buck ya! Good news on a working toilet though woohoo for that.

Monica ~ I'm from New Mexico. I LOVE the different chile pepper jams. Have a cupboard full I brought with me when we moved up here. They all have sugar so not touching them but I do look at them fondly sometimes with a tear in my eye.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Karai--congrats on the 2 lbs--great weekly loss!!! I have got to look into the MCT oil--I know the coconut oil is bad about clumping--It will do that in recipes too sometimes depending on when and how you add it--have to think about it... how much MCT oil are you supposed to take per day? I am up to 3 TBS of coconut oil in my coffee plus whatever I get in my baking etc.
Jeanne, I have started out with about 1/2 tsp of the MCT oil. Based on what I've read, if you are new to CO and MCT, you should ease into taking it because it could cause digestive upset. But, if you are used to taking coconut oil, you can play it by ear to find your balance point. I have been using the CO to cook my meats in or saute veggies with. Love the stuff!

Karai
BELLY FAT CURE
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Sugar Free Jalapeno Jelly With Truvia Recipe - 434708
Hey Monica here is a recipe for sugar free jalapeno jelly on food

Well the bill is in on the sewer repair. Just under $4000.00. Well I won't have to worry about cheating for awhile. We can't afford to go out and I am going to have to stick to a very strict budget for groceries. Oh well what can you do.

Tomorrow is weigh in. Hopefully the cheesecake didn't do me in. I really don't want another disappointment this week.But I have lost quite a bit the last two weeks and I never really lose more than 8lbs a month. So we'll just have to see.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

I gained this week. Just .3 of a lb but still. Darn that lc cheesecake. I didn't let it bother me though. I put my nose back to the grind stone and did a meat and egg fast yesterday. I may try that again today. Oh except I will be having my coffee. I don't want to be responsible for hurting anyone. LOL.

How is everyone's weekend going? It is so quiet in here I can hear my weigh scale needle moving.(Hopefully down)
Old 08-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Good Sunday Morning ladies!

I've been MIA as my daughter and grandson were here almost a week. It was wonderful for the first 48 hours, then the stress level went up LOL...my 2 year old grandson is a handful. While DD23 is a neat freak at home, she kind of forgets about that when she comes to visit mom and wow, what a mess by the time they left yesterday. DGS dumped an entire bottle of red Gatorade in the middle of the carpet in the living room and when I called for my daughter, she was like, "well, who was watching him?" Not his mom, obviously...sheesh. I love them both dearly but yeah, I'm too old for this after a day or two LOL

She did get busy rearranging my living room and we hit some sales and got a few things for my extreme apartment makeover The place is looking more like "me" now, and I love that!

Mr. Clueless is trying to convince me to go to marriage counseling and insisting that he wants to work things out. I'm not having it; since Thursday caught him lying again about that other one and their relationship. So, nope. That ship sailed.

On the weight loss end of things, I pretty much stayed on plan but the walking has been put on hold and I need to get back at it! I had a few non-plan goodies yesterday as I helped out at Minnesota's India Fest and there were just too many goodies and mango lassis and YUMMY. However, after weeks and weeks stuck at 175, then a couple more bouncing between 171 and 172, I hopped on the scale the other morning at did a double-take. 168.6!!!! YAY, I'm doing something right!!!

Now that DD23 and grandson have gone home, I am getting back on plan 100% and intend to have a completely cheat-free week. The new job starts Tuesday, so I need to really plan ahead for a very early breakfast, brown bag lunch, and quick to make dinners. Having been home since June, this is going to be tough - I'm not the most organized person on earth LOL....

Need to read back a couple of pages to see what everyone's up to, and change my stats. Will comment on everyone in a bit

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go on the 160's Kim That is great news.

Planning to go back to work must be hard. Are you excited to go back?
Old 08-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Honestly? Not really. The income will be good; the loss of Mr. Clueless's paycheck is a hard hit, but my landlady is very cool. I gave her a hundred bucks last Friday and told her I'll pay off August in installments as I can and she's good with that thank God. She understands the situation.

I love being at home, but I love having a job too. It's just the hours are going to be long considering the commute, and the entire metro area is under road construction - detours have detours now UGH! It's going to be the city bus for me or I'll be frazzled before I ever get to my workplace.

We got cable TV on Friday - something Mr Clueless never let us do because of the cost. Finally good broadband internet and more than 3 channels on the rabbit ears. Now I really wish I could be home LOL...

I'm nervous about the new job...it's a step or two up from my skill set and I just hope I catch on quick. I always have before, so I should....and I'll feel better about myself I'm sure. My DS14 is definitely not excited about it just because of his Autism he hates change, but he understands the money is sorely needed.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Double post! :P Need more coffee today!

Last edited by IndieKim; 08-11-2013 at 07:33 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Congrats to Jeannie on the new granddaughter!

LOL @ Michelle about the "Crime Scene". I can relate...yuck! TOM just left the building here and good riddance. It arrived 6 days early and totally unexpected. Ugh. Ever since I got my tubes tied after DS14, TOM has been hell. I wish menopause would just hit entirely. I have all the symptoms but TOM keeps showing up anyway

Monica, if you have lots of jalapeno peppers left, you can always make these stuffed ones I made. They're super easy and OH so good. Just cut the peppers in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and stuff, and fill them with a mix of browned sausage and melted cream cheese. Bake about 1/2 hr at 350. My kids LOVED them. You're supposed to use "hot" sausage but I used just regular breakfast sausage and added hot pepper flakes to it.

Michelle, ouch at $4000, but it could have been worse, I suppose. Unexpected big bills are SO stressful, I would have binged on full carb cheesecake, probably. I'm sorry about your ordeal, I bet you'll be happy when all the repairs are done though.

Jane, WTG on the loss!!! You're really doing awesome! KUTGW!

Rcookie, you're doing great too! Still losing after a vacation? AWESOME!!! WTG!
To answer your question, YES!!! I bounce up and down a pound all the time and it's so frustrating. I lost easily to 180, bounced some there, went to 175, bounced some there for WEEKS, then 171 and bounced for a couple of weeks. Broke through that on Saturday and hit my current, 168.6. It makes me nuts. But as long as the scale (and tape measure!) keep moving down eventually, it's all good. Sometimes we don't give the tape measure the credit it's due, IMO.

My measurements (in inches) were, at 5lbs gone (first time I measured):
W: 38.5
H: 44.5
Thighs: 28 1/4

Now:

W: 32 1/4
H: 41
Thighs: 24.5

At the start I was a size 18, though they were getting tight...ugh. My size
12's are getting big....kind of sad about that really, because I love some of my 12 pants!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #161

Michelle - sorry about the plumbing cost. I am glad it is fixed, but no one likes to spend that kind of money! DARN IT!!

Kim, way to go on hitting 160's. You are rocking it! You can stick with some of your 12's by using a belt. Just a thought!

We had a fun weekend. Friday's DD was a little high, as Friday DD's always are for me. Saturday we did the amusement park / water park thing. I loved it. My children are old enough to go off on their own and each had a friend. DH and I found some lovely beach chairs in the shade. I swam a little, did a few water slides, then I read most of the day, in the shade with a lovely breeze! LOVED IT! OH and I people watched. There's nothing like a roller coaster/water park to bring out the INTERESTING people!

Sunday we did church and then grocery shopped, and other shopping. IT was a full day and I was tired at the end!

OH I almost forgot, we adopted another dog this weekend. I'll post a picture.

Here's Pip and my DD11

Here is Pip and our other dog Jessie. Pip has decided to take over Jessie's crate, Jessie is none to happy about it. We are going to get Pip a crate later today. I had no idea a DOG would DESIRE being in a crate as much as Pip does! It was Free Fido Friday and DH finally said we could get another dog. Pip was taken to the humane society with another dog as the owner was moving and couldn't keep them. I can't imagine ever doing that, but I know it happens. Pip is 4.7 pounds! We wanted a lap dog! DD11 loves to carry her around and such. Now if we could just get Pip to stay on our lap and out of Jessie's crate! I think she will once she gets used to us all!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 08-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

What a cutie!

The county fair was fun, small. Not what i am used to in the big cities but fun. I am up a bit still from tom, took him a while to get started. Spotted on thursday but didnt actually start till last night. Was on plan but too much, over ate, the cravings were aweful. Its all down hill from here though. Should be fine now, after the cramps leave.

Michelle- what a bill, but at least its fixed, sorry girlfriend.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
Hi Ladies! Happy Monday lol

TOM is here for me too so up 4 pounds today!!! WTH??? I didn't eat off plan so I'm sure it's fine but soo annoying.

Monica - such a cute new dog!! What kind? Super cute!!!!

We recently were adopted by a kitten and we already had two dogs so it's been an experience. Kitten is definitely the boss. She just showed up in our back yard and we never could find the owner.

Kim - Congrats on the 160's!!!! WOW!!!! Hope the new job goes well tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be great!!!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Monica on being a new furbaby mama. Pip is beautiful,but so is Jesse. And well DD11 is gorgeous as ever. How did you get DH to give in to a 2nd dog? I thought he was so against it.

Boy that TOM sure takes it toll on us. I think the weight is the hardest thing for me to take. I have seen it add up to 6lbs and then when it leaves it only takes 2 with it. AHHHH

Thanks all for the concern over the sewer bill. We will manage but it won't be pleasant for awhile. But at least we are up and running again. Hopefully work will pick up a bit and help things along.

Everything else here is normal. I'm eating between 20-25g of carbs a day and feeling pretty good. So hopefully this Saturday will be a better showing on the scale.

Well later ladies. Have a good evening.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

On plan, only up 2 still with tom. Ugh I wish it would just stop forever, I dont need it, I am so over it. All it does is mess up my life. When he leaves will be working on the rehab house, so will be getting my exercise in there. Time for the spray foam insulation upstairs and the drywall. Mom and DH working on finishing the outside paint today. Hoping I can get over there on Thursday.

Have a good day all, will check up on ya later!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Tuesday everyone. Not much new here. Still cleaning up the showroom after the big mess. Should be done by tomorrow. I am a little stiff after doing all this lifting and cleaning my body isn't use to. But at least since I am low carbing again I have the energy to do it.

Tonight it is meatballs with jus and mashed cauliflower with butter. I cannot wait. Have a good evening all.

Where is everyone?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Less Scaries!

Nothing to report, on plan, feel good. Have a great day!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies!

Reporting in from the new job on my lunch break. So far so good, am picking up tasks fairly quickly The commute is rough - it's on the other end of the city and road construction is everywhere, but it's okay. I have to forego my morning walks unless I want to get up at about 3:30am, uh, nope! LOL

Weight is still maintaining and I'm not in ketosis even though I've been a very good girl lately. Will check later in the week.

Cute furbabies Monica! My younger son wants a kitten or two and I'm checking the rescues to see if we can find littermates. I miss having kitties - Mr. Clueless was allergic.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies.

Everything is running smoothly here for a change. So I am expecting something to happen, cause it is never very smooth around here lately.

One new thing for me is quite spectacular for me but very ordinary for everyone else. I am a pathetically shy person. I always keep to myself and avoid human contact whenever possible, but I decided that it was time at 48 years old to venture out a little. So I have volunteered with an animal rescue to help out at an event they are having Aug.26th. It scares me to pieces but on the other hand it excites me. It will give me something to look forward to other than my couch.

That's it for me. Monica...Jeanne....and all where are you? It is very lonely in here recently.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #170

Michelle - I think volunteering is a great way to get out. To boot, you are doing it for an animal rescue, so MAYBE the people part of it will be minimal??? It is good to get out there. YOu should try to get out and meet people/do things. Life is too short girl! I am very proud of you!

Super busy here. Next week DH and I are in Dallas W/Th/F/S/Su for work, so getting things ready for that has been driving me INSANE!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
Hi Ladies,

Just checking in.

Michelle - GOOD FOR YOU!!!! That's awesome. How amazing to do something out of your comfort zone AND be volunteering as well.

Nothing new to report for me.. TOM still here and his 4 pounds. So annoying when the scale doesn't move. I know, I know, ignore the scale...but I'm kinda addicted to it and I can't ignore it yet.

Kim - glad the new job is going well!!!

Monica -I love Dallas! Hope it's a good trip! I hate getting ready to travel too.

Talk to you all later!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/158/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Good Day Everyone,

I am happy to report that I am down 1.9 lbs on BFC. Now that the transition from M&E is over, the scale is moving in the right direction, I feel relieved. Not much planned for the weekend...little yard work, some errands and housework.

Happy Friday!
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #173

rcookie - how is it going for you??? Sorry about the scale, maybe stay away from it for a while???

Karai - way to go! Happy FRIDAY indeed!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #174

This weekend DD11 has 2 friends (they are sisters) spending the night tomorrow night. Tonight DH and I have a 50th birthday party to attend. It's a suprise one and it's MY JOB to get the birthday girl there without her knowing what's going on. I think I will take her to get a pedi and then maybe out for a glass of wine or 2 ! Not sure, hoping it goes easily, I don't want to be the person to ruin the surprise!

Sunday will be church and then taking the sister's home. I think one of them has a softball game Sunday at 5:00, we will probably hang out for that. This is an easy weekend for us! LOVING THAT!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #175

JEANNE - are you back home??? How is the baby? How's big brother coping??? MISS YOU GIRL!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Good for you Michelle! We have been foster parents for the Santa Fe Rescue adoption center for years before we moved here. We loved it. We took in puppies and kittens that we to young to be placed for adoption then turned them back over when of age. Youngest we had were week and half old pair of kittens had to dropper feed them every 2 hours. That was exhausting but they were the sweetest and box trained at 5 weeks. I think you will love working with the animals.

Hope everyone has a great weekend will try to check in!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

The weekend is finally here. Yipee! Weigh in tomorrow. Should be ok but who really knows what their body is going to do. My fingers are crossed.

How is everyone doing so far in the challenge?

Michelle---I want to foster so badly but I can't convince my husband to say yes. And I know it has to be a unanimous decission or it just won't work.But I won't to!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have my DH brother and wife and kids coming in town this weekend. Haven't seen them since Xmas. I'm sure the kids have grown alot. They are 2 and 4.Other than that it is a peaceful weekend here.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1.3 lbs this week. Making it 10.8 lbs since the start of this challenge. YEA! 7lbs to go and 75 days to do it. My fingers are crossed.

Well besides walking Ben today. I am coloring my hair. I have dyed my hair since I was 15 years old. I have always dyed it the same Nice and Easy color. All my hair turned grey at 15 and no one knows why. But grey hair sure looks weird on a 15 year old. So every 4 weeks it's time to renew the medium brown. Now that I'm 48 I wonder if I should stop.
Oh well off to the sink. I'll check in later.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Usually its a trauma emotional or physical, sudden illness that will make hair suddenly go gray. Been a hairdresser my whole life. Thats why once in a while on a young person you see a patch of gray on their head and the whole rest of the head is their normal color. Congrats on the losses. WOOHOO!

Boring weekend here nothing planned. Dh is finishing the wiring in the rehab house needs to pass inspection on wednesday. Take care all
Old 08-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Good Sunday morning girls!

This weekend has flown by way too fast! Back to work tomorrow, but today is going to be busy around the house. Laundry, cleaning, the usual. Run son to work and pick him up at 10 tonight.

I'm down another .6 pounds so am an even 168. That's only 3lbs since the beginning of the challenge LOL but I've been a yo-yo throughout the month. UGH. Long way from goal yet. Oh well, I'll keep chugging along.

Came into some additional money this week so I got some stuff done that needed doing, like a set of tires on my truck before winter hits! They were in terrible shape and commuting 45 miles round trip a day was a scary experience...the truck was vibrating really bad and pulling hard to the left. So I got a deal on a set of 4 all-seasons and driving on the freeway afterward was like driving a new vehicle! Whew, glad that got taken care of.

Yesterday bought something I've wanted for years; a big old flat panel tv. Mr Clueless never wanted us to get one but I said the heck with it, as long as I find a good deal and don't buy brand new, why not? Got a 2 year old 50" flat panel 1080p plasma for 300 at PawnAmerica, it's like new and warrantied! And wow does that thing take over the living room! LOL...watched a Vikings football game on the Fox Sports North HD channel and it felt like I was at the stadium

Mr. Clueless was on the phone sobbing and begging for another chance yesterday. Sheesh. I won't say I wasn't moved, but I know 2 1/2 weeks is nowhere near enough time to make an intelligent decision when there are a million issues unresolved, and face it, I'm happier without him. I think a big part of his problem is facing his family back in India when we divorce - going back home as a "failure". He repeated that a lot, not wanting to be a failure. I really didn't know what to say to that. Despite everything, I don't want to hurt him, but I had to be honest. I said I'm happier without him; the kids are happier without him; and to be honest, I don't MISS him. At all.

Enough of that....

Michelle, way to go on the volunteering! I really admire people who do that, and as an animal lover myself, that's something I'd like to do as well

I dunno, I'm 48 and if I see gray I'll be doing something about it I've been fortunate thus far, like my mother...she didn't really gray til her 70s. I've seen one or two here and there and that's it. But if they start taking over I'm heading for a color job!

Monica, have fun at the surprise birthday and good luck getting her there without suspicion! LOL...I wouldn't want that responsibility either, I'm not good at that sort of thing.

Jeannie, check in plzzzzz!!!!!

Off to have my coffee and enjoy the morning out on the deck this morning, have a good day ladies!