Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
welcome back rcookie-you did great being on vacation and staying on plan--I don't think I am strong enough to do that but I gain strength from people like you--so glad you are back with us again!! what is your regular name if you care to share? I don't blame you for not posting on vacation--that is one time you need to get away from all things!

see you back often I hope!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
My name is Rachelle, thanks for asking.
I am married and have 5 kids. Just a little about me.

I'm hoping to post daily with you all. One of my goals is to be more comfortable, open and honest about my weight issues.

Goal is to be 270 by Halloween!!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

well you are one busy woman with 5 children-those weight issues seem to follow all of us and are something we all deal with in our own way--I don't seem to ever conquer my fat demons--and I still fight every day... and feel like I always will. I wish you well with your goals... beautiful name Rachelle btw

Last edited by jbatchelor; 08-05-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #124
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Rachelle - welcome back. Way to STAY ON PLAN during vacation! I never do that either...and I seem to have a lot of vacation times (at least in my HEAD )

Jeanne - how are you today? I see you were up late posting last night. Any grand-baby news??

I did really well yesterday. Right at 600c for the day! Now, I will fully enjoy my Up day!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
No new news to report. Fabulous that everyone is on their plan. We will see the progress! Drink your water today folks!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Good morning ladies. It's a drizzly cool day here. I hope it clears up so I can take my dog Ben out for his walk. I noticed yesterday that the leaves are already falling from the trees. It looks like an early fall this year.Don't get me wrong, I love fall but that just means winter won't be far behind. And I hate winter

I ate on plan for the whole long weekend. I find when I commit myself to filling in what I ate, down to the very last bite, I eat a little less so that I don't have to record it. I think ****** has been one of my best diet aids. You always think a little of something won't be that bad but a few little somethings sure adds up when you are calculating.

Well now I'm off to make my meal plan for the week. I took today off work. Since we can't use the washroom there it will be easier if I'm not there. We'll see how this goes

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

yes-up late last nite--my life is a little hectic-one issue was resolved but others just seem to remain--so I didn't sleep last nite-and I even had a nite of eating--grrr-stress just gets to me--the grandtr this time-needless to say-she has lost her new car and I was out early running her and her brother to their needed things-she had cross country practice at 7:40 and then picked up at 9-he has boot camp-at 10-he has to be picked up at noon--he is entering into middle school and they are learning about lockers--going to six classes and all that middle school entails-he is really excited--he needs some special attention today-I told him to come fish with papaw tonite and hopefully he will-he was hearing all that went on with his sister and her parents--not good--I told him he won't have to go thru any of that because he is learning by example--I actually told Kim I figured Colton would be an issue someday--I predicted Chris would get a good payback for all the times he caused me pain and grey hairs--he was my major difficult years child from the age of 12 to the time he graduated and past to the time he enlisted in the army--he evens says he doesn't think he would have turned out had he not went into the army--it saved my sanity -well maybe? it was several difficult years I know that--and Cassidy is exactly like her Dad! he is getting paid back now--hard to watch tho..I feel for them all.

Jeanne
Old 08-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Jeanne I'm sorry to hear that about Cassidy. It must break your heart. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Watch your sugar levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne, so sorry to hear that your stressed!

Michelle204, I HATE winter too. It's supposed to be 90 here today so no early fall for us. Great job staying on plan for the weekend! Weekends can be hard. I keep track of everything. It definitely reminds me how easy it adds up.

MichelleHu - I do need to drink more water!! good reminder. Now if only I will do it....

Monica - have a great UP day

My post vacation weigh in was today....lost 2.6!! that is AMAZING for vacation. I'm feeling GREAT.

have a good one!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Rachelle-great loss for a vacation week--you did superb! your head is in the right mode!

Thanks Michelle-hugs--any news on the repair estimate? hope it is better than you thought!

Monica--are you still looking at cars? going to trade? how does it feel this week without people in your home??

hello to everyone else
Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #131

Jeanne - I am sorry to hear about Cassidy! DS14 can be a PILL! He mainly goes round and round with his Dad. I think that I am female, he typically holds back....BUT not always. HE is so head strong, HELL he is just like me! I literally told my Mom, I completely understand why you Open hand slapped me a couple of times. Diarreha of the MOUTH is a vicious disease DS14 doesn't seem to know when to SHUT his PIE HOLE, PLUS he thinks he should have the last word! DISRESPECT! A lady at my church told me once, she/her husband felt, if only you could put them in a box at 9th grade and pull them out at Graduation...LIFE would be much more simple!

Michelle - way to stay on plan AND enjoy your weekend! Good thinking taking today off. I know I would if there as no bathroom at work. I drink a gallon of water and then about 64 oz of Coke Zero a day....PEEIng is something I do often!

rcookie - Thank you! You have done so well, I am very PROUD of you!

We are still looking at cars, I have decided on a Ford C-Max. It's a hybrid, gets 47 miles to the gallon. It's the first car I test drove. I am NOT a car shopper. I tend to like to go with my first choosing as I hate CAR PEOPLE! We are finalizing a LARGE asset purpose with our business and that has taken longer than we anticipated so a bunch of our $$$$'s are tied up in that right now. That deal is supposed to close on Monday, after that we can figure out our Cash down payment and then buy. We are not trading as T will get my car in a few months! S C A R Y !! But my car will be 8 years old, so it's a good starter for him.

As for an empty house...DD11 about lost her mind yesterday. Sitter is gone, no visitors, I thought she was going to text/harrass me all day! She has adjusted. Tomorrow is HER Middle School Oreintation (I guess she is the same age as your GS Jeanne). Wednesday night DS14's best friend is coming to stay till Sunday and I think DD11 plans to have someone sleepover Friday! The FUN never ends at our house. Honestly, I prefer everyone to be at my house...where I watch. Some parents now a days have NO CLUE where their kids are and what they are doing, that is NOT me!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-12.html
Old 08-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2Lift
Stats: 193/185/150
WOE: Atkins / protein powder
Start Date: 23rd July 2013
R Cookie well done on the weight loss on holiday - I blow diets the day I leave / arrive! haha

Monica - DD11? you have 11 children? or she's 11 ? I'm one for knowing where my kids are, and protective parenting is a must these days sadly. Shame in a way but its how it is.

Glad I'm not hte only coke zero or pepsi max drinker.. so much bad press on it but I am a self confessed cola addict! lol

Well girls I'm thrilled scale moved again today so that is 1.5lb in two days, and 4.5lb total lost since I started, with TOM in that time I'm thrilled. Been super strict today and no cravings not even with donughts for the kids and crisps out earlier with them.

23rd July - 193lb
29th July - 190lb
5th Aug - 187lb

Initial goal - 170lbs
Ideal goal - 150lbs
Love2Lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Jane- confessed cola addict as well! Guess we are all in the same boat. Mine is diet pepsi. Can't figure out why I drink it but can't give up everything right?

Monica - totally agree, even tho our house is usually a zoo, I'd rather have all the kids at our place then anywhere else.
We have 5 kids, DS21,15,11 (also starting middle school this year), DD12,14
The oldest just got his first apartment. We are on the downhill slope my husband says!

Great job on the loss Jane!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

My DD is hitting junior high too. They sure are surly and snarly. This too shall pass, right? Just not soon enough.

RCookie- Congrats on the vacation losses, thats how its done!

Jane- nice post tom losses, woohoo!

Monica- Yep we always have the kids come here too, its easier for me if i have the sleep over, frankly dont trust other parents, and they can have a night off courtesy of me.

Jeanne and Michelle204- Keep your heads up. I will be thinking of ya!

On plan today, really want that 235 bad. You guys thinking about giving up the cola? I am glad that never got ahold of me. I think they sound heavenly on a hot day though. Last time I tried i immediately bloated up, cant even get through 1/2 of a can. Havent had anything but water and morning coffee in over 2 months, even juice is starting to look good now. Oh yeah and the 2 wine nights, 1 a month. This weekend I think is going to be our wine night for this month. After we get home from the county fair.

I will pre walk off the wine at the fair .HAHA wish it worked that way.

Catch ya in a bit, I am supposed to get some work done today, I feel for myself!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Rcookie - agree totally life would be boring with no treats. and it's not as bad as it could be. I am 41 and have the cavities in my teeth to prove that standard pepsi is much much worse! oops!

MichelleHu - thanks hope you get that 235 and a bonus one this week to make you feel more secure! mini goals are great for keeping us on track

Well my carbs are a bit higher today - I had porridge for breakfast, not bad but not low carb. they're sitting at 49g so not completely off the wall but need to work on lowering them and half expect no loss tomorrow, though my calories are low enough to possibly show a loss still. I'm feeling really flat and run down today - had a sleep this afternoon after work finished.
Had a look through my daily spreadsheet of weight and am happy to say I'm down 3lb a week from starting to lose on 23rd of July that all in is pretty good going so I'm hanging on to that.

today I weighed in at 186lb so that is 5lb since I joined this site but 9lb in total
Old 08-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Jane --WTG on the 9 lbs You are doing so great. I'm sure your porridge won't make too much difference. Sometimes it's good to switch it up a bit. Keep the body guessing.

MichelleHu--Enjoy the county fair! I have never been to one. They are not too popular up here. I'm with you on water and coffee. That's all I drink. I never like the bubbles of soft drinks.

Rachelle---Wow 5 kids. That's amazing. I couldn't have kids. And we were not the type to go to doctors for help or go through a ton of paperwork and bureaucracy to adopt just to be told we don't make enough money. So it's just me, my DH of 23+ years and our dog Ben.

I'm still at home today cleaning avoiding work and it's lack of washroom. They are suppose to come and start the demolition tomorrow. I am so nervous as to what this is going to end up costing. Usually when I am this stressed I eat. But this time it is making me lose my appetite. I guess this is a good thing.

Well break time is over. I'll check in later.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #137

Jane, my DD is 11. I only have 2 kids, THANK YOU LORD!

Rcookie - I don't know how you do it with 5! My sanity is tested almost daily with just my 2!

Quote:
This too shall pass, right? Just not soon enough.
I hope that is the case. I look at the sleeping at my house the same way...at least then, I know where everyone is. I don't have to worry about other peoples rules. Now, mine do stay over other places, but I need to know the people WELL! I am very active at my kids' school, so everyone knows me and they trust me!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #138

Michelle - you are doing extremely well. KEEP IT UP!

Is Jeanne gone for the new grandbaby????
Old 08-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #139

Jeanne will be MIA for the next week. She is with the new grand baby. It's a girl !!! Mom and baby are doing great. Jeanne gets to stay with Lucas, the big bother. I am sure she will sleep well from sheer exhaustion !!!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Jeanne!

Thanks for sharing Monica.

Today was the start of football season. My DD11 has played for 5 years. It's shaping up to be a good season.
I'm team Mom. Which is fun. BUT.... football is very political for the parents. I've been the team parent for several years now and it can be brutal. I get so nervous. It's weird, I'm so confident in certain situations but for some reason, when it comes to these kinds of things, I get so nervous. I feel like the "fat Mom" standing up there talking. Oh well, got through it. Didn't come home and emotional eat so that's success!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Jeanne and family! How very special!!

Thankfully the scale agreed on the mixing up, my cals were still around 1200. So today I'm rewarded at being 185lb

bit tmi but been struggling to go to the loo, so have had carbs for breakfast in the shape of bran cereal. Weighed it and kept it minimal at 30g. So hopefully it'll do the job without too much harm.

I have 3 girls, 14, 8 and 3 all bundles of joy in their own ways but all really lovely too.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcookie View Post
Congratulations Jeanne!

Thanks for sharing Monica.

Today was the start of football season. My DD11 has played for 5 years. It's shaping up to be a good season.
I'm team Mom. Which is fun. BUT.... football is very political for the parents. I've been the team parent for several years now and it can be brutal. I get so nervous. It's weird, I'm so confident in certain situations but for some reason, when it comes to these kinds of things, I get so nervous. I feel like the "fat Mom" standing up there talking. Oh well, got through it. Didn't come home and emotional eat so that's success!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!!
THere is NO sport for children/youth that is NOT political! It drives me crazy! Way to go on no emotional eating.

Did I read that correctly, it's your daughter playing? WOW that is great! My DS14 played for years, in middle school the teasing/bullying got the best of him and he was DONE! I always loved watching him play.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #143

Jane way to go on the weight. Trouble in the LOO is something I ALWAYS had when LCing! I feel your pain!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #144

Had a solid DD for me yesterday. Right at 600c! Just about perfect , well, for me anyway.

Today is a crazy unsure day. Book club is supposed to be at my house tonight....yet, no one has really stated they are coming, only 2 others. We may cancel. So food will all depend on what happens with that. I was going to make my champagne punch (I hate champagne, but this bunch with the mixture of everything is amazing!) if we don't have book club, I will use those beverage calories for ICE CREAM with the kids!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne Congrats!!!

Well TOM showed up, knew he was coming. Hope he doesnt ruin my plans for tomorrow at the fair. Its usually a crime scene day 2. So not sure I will be able to go. DH might have to take them.

Congrats to all our losers! Keep it up, you are doing fantastic!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone.
MichelleHu, I just cracked up at your post! "Crime scene day 2". Hope it doesn't ruin your plans. I'm totally stealing that. My husband will die laughing.

Congrats on the loss Jane!

Monica - no, it's my son that plays, I typed that wrong. We do have a couple of girls in the league tho. You're totally right, all kids sports are political and it drives me insane. I just don't get it.

Scale was up a pound today...I bounce a lot. Does everyone else do that?

Have a great day!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah was up just a couple days ago but then it goes lower each time as long as i am not goofing off. Its my bodys way of asking me "are you sure you want to go lower, I'll just hold some water for ya while you think about it?" Stay the course get a new low!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #148

I used to be a crime scene gal myself. Heck in 2011, it got so bad that I had to start carrying an extra pair of undies to work with me IN CASE! I would flow through a tampon and the pad sometmes within an hour. I had the ablation treatment done in December of 2011 and haven't had a period since! LOVE THAT! Now, I still have PMS and hormonal swings because everything is still there and working, just no FLOW
Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening ladies. I'm a little late to pop in for me, but it has been quite a day. The company came to fix our sewer issue at work today. They are not finished yet, but have at least restored our toilet usage. I will still be staying home tomorrow cleaning away since I would just be in the way anyway. As for cost... we still don't know. They had quoted $2000.00 plus for two guys working a whole day. Well it was 5 guys working and it looks like it will be a day and a half. I'm quite worried about that. So in typical fashion I ate an entire low carb cheesecake. It had 30 carbs for the whole cake...not too too bad. But it had 6000 calories. That is crazy! I think my binge is over.

Congratulations Jeanne on being a grandmother again. Have a wonderful time with Lucas. Hopefully with your new phone and techno knowledge we will get to see pics of the new grandbaby and maybe of Lucas too. I'll miss you. Hurry back.

Well I'm putting my overly fed body to bed now. Talk to you ladies tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #150

She sent me a picture of the baby via email...she is precious! I will let her post the pic when she gets back. I don't want to steal her thunder!

Michelle - you slipped, but a manageable slip. Don't let it blow you off completely!

It's FRIDAY girls! We have nothing going on this weekend...THAT NEVER HAPPENS. Both kids are having people sleep over tonight and we will take them all to Worlds of Fun. It's an amusement park in KC and they have a water park too! We will spend the whole day there! Everyone will love it. It's their last HOORAY before school starts. School here starts on Wednesday! I, for one, am SOOO ready for it!