Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
MichelleHu, I saw that GF info on Yahoo earlier today! Thanks for the link.

Jeanne - way to go on the coconut pie Good thinking on trying to prepare for the sweet tooth!

Kim - it will get easier. Have you started the legal part yet?

Karai - what kind of shake do you make in the morning?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
this is my old faithful recipe--it keeps me on plan-takes care of my sweet tooth-I squirt whip cream out of the can on top!

I will add my changes in the pararenthesis-

BLENDER COCONUT CREAM PIE

4 EGGS
1/4 cup butter-(coconut oil)
1/4 t salt
2 t coconut ext (LorAnn's Banana coconut extract) this makes it great
2 t vanilla
1 t baking powder
1 cup unsweetened coconut
2 cups heavy cream--(I have used almond milk in half before but better with all cream)
1/2 cup splenda-(I use 2/3 cup Granular Erythritol and a smidgen heaped of powdered stevia-now if you have ever seen those tiny measuring spoons you would know what a smidgen was! maybe an 1/8 tsp? just taste-it is pretty sweet.)

Preheat oven to 350--I use my toaster oven-Butter a 9 inch pie pan-I use coconut oil here too. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth-I leave some coconut flakes. Pour into prepared pan and bake for approx. 55-60 minutes until top is golden brown--I have to cover the top of mine with foil before it is done to prevent burning--it is usually very jiggly and not done and too brown--it will set up after bringing out with a little jiggle still in the middle tho... Cool . store in refrigerator overnite to give the "crust" time to better set up--I rarely wait!

With the splenda the total carb were 31 and 1/8 of a piece would be 4 carbs--however with the Erythritol it should be even less--I don't have a program to figure.

Michelle-thanks for that recipe--that is easy which is my type of recipe!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 08-02-2013 at 03:13 PM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Rough day at work today. My DH and I own our own small business. It is so small it is just him and I. Well we have been struggling ever since the economy crashed and today just added to the struggle. We went into work and found the toilets overflowing. We called in a drain cleaning company and they sent a camera down our pipes and found that the main sewer line has collapsed. The collapse is right in the middle of our store 5 feet down. Long story short....it can't be fixed til late next week.....it is super expensive to fix.....and we cannot use our washrooms until this is fixed. So today I didn't drink or eat anything in fear of having to GO. I don't know how we will manage til next Thursday. And then how long will it take to fix etc etc,. Needless to say bad day here.

Anyway..enough from me. How is everyone doing today? Everyone still on there perspective plans? Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I'm hopeful.Well I'm home now so I am going to drink water and eat and not have to worry LOL.

How's it going today Kim?
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-go to Walmart or a camp store and pick up a camp toilet--you can at least GO in one of those--take it home at nite and empty it and flush it down your home toilet-and make that work for you--we use one on the pontoon while we are out on the lake--they are very handy to have! we use to have them in our old truck camper--I don't think they cost too much either--you can get some camper paper to use that essentially dissolves so it doesn't clog up--sorry for the big expense--it is always something-I understand! we were like that when our furnace went out at Christmas time! it never is a good time--and when you own your own business things are already tight! hang in there and we will pray it won't be as bad as you initially think!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Jeanne- Thanks for the recipe it looks super easy too and sounds delish. It will be next up on my list of desserts to try.

Michelle204- So sorry to hear that My Dh and I run our own small biz too. Love working for ourselves but hate any unplanned expenses. Hopefully they go to it sooner than expected!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne- I will look into that camp toilet and paper for sure. Thanks.

Weigh in went very well 2.6 lbs down. A total of 9.8 lbs in two weeks. Now comes the hard part. I will probably slow to 1 lb a week, but I'll take it. I can't wait to see the 170s again.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Mornin Less Scaries!

Michelle204-Fantastic!KUTGW!

I think I offically broke my plateau,set point at 240. Down 2 days in a row. Did up my fat as all had suggested and it really helped I think I had let my fats slip way low, felt fuller too, gotta watch those still have a tendency to let them slip. Have about 7 more days to lose before tom starts looking at me, hes an ugly dude too, that week is always shot. The best I can hope for with tom is that if I am super on plan he rewards me with taking a couple lbs when he leaves. Will have to make it through the cravings of pre-tom. Made it through last month hopefully can do it this month. So Thats my plan for the next week, Whats yours?

Last edited by MichelleHu; 08-03-2013 at 07:15 AM..
Old 08-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Michelle--that is super duper for two weeks--you are finally back in your groove!! I am so proud of you! altho I had no doubt you would eventually get it together!!

I have to say one of my stressors of the last couple of months finally worked its self out--I really can't share but I have been so stressed over it and yesterday my prayers where answered..that makes a big difference in the anxiety and doom I have been feeling..I slept last nite also-which helps too-sleep has been evasive...

I think we are taking a fast trip to Indy tomorrow--Rachel is ready to deliver at any time and I just needed to see the family--Bill is not happy about it after working 6 days but we will go the back way--hopefully she will not go into labor before we get there--she is do the 8th! Lucas got a new John Deere gator-see my new avatar--he loves it Nate says--most of the neighbors mow with john deere and he is always saying "john deere green" when he sees them so now he has his own "john deere green"! I even figured out how to change my wallpaper on my phone to this picture! can't wait to find out what they have-they don't know either--I hope it is a girl!!!

well-time to get out there and mow--my spring, summer, fall activity!!

later girls
Old 08-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne I'm so glad whatever you were stressesd about is over now. I was getting very worried about you. Have a good and safe trip,
Old 08-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DJnatalie
Stats: 5'10" - 309.4 / 296.2 / 155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/19/2013
Thanks for all the warm welcome backs!

Michelle - that pizza looks amazing. I got stuff for the one on Linda Sue's website last night and will probably attempt that one first since I don't have any cauliflower, but yours is next. I'm drooling on my keyboard. I hope things get better at work and sorry to hear about the sewer collapse. Lately someone has made a habit out of telling me "it always gets worse before it gets better" and I hated it but it turned out to be true...so hopefully after this everything will be tons better awesome job on the losses - send the fairy my way please?

Jeanne - Glad the anxiety and doom has worked it's way out! I know all too well how that feels. Let us know if it's a girl or a boy! Have a safe trip!

Not much to update here. My scale is being a yoyo...TOM is on her merry little "weigh" and I have to force myself not to get on the scale until after she's gone. It discourages me so much not to see my number dropping, however I feel amazing and my scrubs are falling off even this early on! I picked up an extra large bulk thing of eggs last night to see if adding those back in will help me...I just hate them so much. So to even get them down I have to scramble them with bacon, green onions and a little cheese. Fingers crossed.

I'm also going to make that cilantro chicken on Linda Sue's website...has anyone here made it and how yummy is it? I love cilantro.

Have a happy Saturday everyone! It's my Friday at work...then I get one day off alone and one day off with DH. Perfect combo. lol

270 by Halloween!
DJnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DJnatalie
Stats: 5'10" - 309.4 / 296.2 / 155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/19/2013
I also just ordered a new scale...mine is so flimsily plastic and I question the accuracy. I ordered a glasstop scale from amazon. Five star reviews over the course of 1500 people works for me.

I ordered Callanetics too...has anyone here done that before?
DJnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been a little absent; busy weekend here In a good way anyway!

Monica, no I haven't started the legal part yet. Kind of dreading it in a way, but that's my next step. I really cannot afford an attorney right now, not until I'm working, so I'm debating on waiting until the job is well underway. Otherwise I'd have to go through Legal Aid which is fine but I'm not sure a pro bono attorney will do some of the things needed to make sure things are done. We don't have kids together which makes things a little easier, but there is property and assets to divide that could end up being a little problematic.

My weight loss progress I think has been a little stymied. I haven't been walking, I went off plan the other night and again a little yesterday and TOM is here and yeah....I am not sure what the scale is going to tell me tomorrow. It's only 6:30am here so I should really at least get out and do the walk; it might help me feel better. Cramps suck!

That coconut cream pie recipe looks like a winner! Will have to try it. I bought some coconut flour the other day, and I also got some shaved unsalted almonds to throw in the food processer to make my own almond flour (the bagged stuff is more than twice the cost, forget that!) so I want to try some LC baking, maybe this week while DD23 is here.

I hit garage sales yesterday with my friends and picked up some like new clothes for work, all size 12 YAY! Having started this WOE at a solid 18, that is awesome...not where I want to be, and hopefully won't be at 12 long, but it's nice to buy smaller stuff. I also got some toys for my grandson so he'll have things to do while he's here. Picked up some odds and ends for my living room "remodel" project too.

Michelle - ACK at the plumbing crisis! I hope everything is fixed soon!!!!

Ditto on that pizza, it looks amazing. I went off-plan with Little Caesers pepperoni...ugh...well, my friends were celebrating my new job and I couldn't really say no very gracefully...but I will definitely try this one! It looks difficult but seems easy

Dog is hollering to go out, will be back later girls....have a great Sunday!

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24

Last edited by IndieKim; 08-04-2013 at 05:42 AM..
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Up just slightly its a normal bounce since dropping 2 days in a row. I can deal with it Really when we are all trying our best to lose I think we should be rewarded daily with nice incremental new lows every day. Losing weight is one of the hardest things to do. Daily positive reinforcement I say. Who do I see about that?
Old 08-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu--You come here for your daily positive enforcement. You are doing great and trying hard and you will be rewarded for your efforts when TOM leaves. The whoosh fairy will not be far behind.

Kim---Way to go on the new job. What is it? Put that Little Caesars behind you and look ahead to size 10. Right now on trying to saty away from baking.. Eevn low carb I have a problem with portion controll, so until I have my weight more where I want it baking is out. I have 3 or 4 squares of 90% Lindt dark chocolate everyday after dinner and that solves all cravings.

Natalie--I agree with a new scale. It makes me feel more confident and accountable.

I think I did very well yesterday eating wise. M DH took me to an all you can eat Prime Rib buffet and I had one thick slice of prime rib with about 1 1/2 cups steamed cauliflower and broccolli and salad with dressing I brought from home. I was full, satisfied, and happy. No feeling of deprivation what so ever. Just a feeling of a full belly on good food. Now what's for dinner tonight? I don't know.

Oh well off to the dog park for our daily walk. It is very beautiful here this morning so hopefully I will get in the whole 6 km. I think that is around 3.5 miles.

Later ladies.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2Lift
Stats: 193/185/150
WOE: Atkins / protein powder
Start Date: 23rd July 2013
Hi all
Hope you're having a lovely sunday. Been really wet today here in Wales - I was working so in and out of the car bundled up like it was winter!

Eating wise I'm on track but am coming to the end of my TOM and hoping truly that I finally lose some weight now. I'm 4 days at 188lbs! apart from a couple of small cheats on Thursday I've been true to atkins induction and am miffed by the scale not moving.. but holding onto faith. Cravings have eased today so fingers x'd.
Love2Lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HootyHaHa
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
T and I did the 1 hour kickboxing class last night. To say it is INTENSE is putting it MILDLY! I fear tomorrow, I won't be able to lift/move my arms. I am almost certain T will NOT ever want to do it again. I will let it be for now. He is at my parents house all next week. I will bring it up again after school starts.
I started doing MMA/BJJ at the same time I started Atkins back in 2010ish. Every trainer, fighter, and even one playboy model that's in my class lectured me endlessly on how if you're doing Atkins, you may not want to do super high work outs like what we did. Kick Boxing was part of the 3 portion class I did. If you're just doing Kick Boxing, I'm not doctor, but maybe it would be OK to stay on Atkins. Form looking at your photo you're pretty thin and could do without Atkins. Especially if you're doing a Kick Boxing course. My class got on to me because I was going every day. One day BJJ, one day MMA, one day Kick Boxing and before every work out we'd have a p90X styled bootcamp warm up. I got off Atkins and still lost weight.

Unfortunately I had health issues. My CPK levels in my blood started elevating again and I had to get out of the class. I gained weight from then to now. Now I'm back at it (Atkins) because I'm getting married in October. But I'm avoiding MMA/BJJ. I don't plan on doing Atkins then jumping off. I heard it's not good to go back and fourth. I think from now on (after the 2 months of strict atkins) I'll stay moderate atkins. Keeping my daily intake of carbs low like you all do. I've read some say just avoid all the white foods. That's a good way to look at it.

The biggest reason my weight jumped up was because of Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew. 2011 Pitch Black Mountain Dew was rereleased... that was my kryptonite. I tasted it once, then could not avoid it when I'd see it. gimmegimmegimme
Fad Diets, Artificial Sweeteners, & Mountain Dew - HootyHaHa's Vlogs - YouTube
HootyHaHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo new low today. Love it!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Rough day at work today. My DH and I own our own small business. It is so small it is just him and I. Well we have been struggling ever since the economy crashed and today just added to the struggle. We went into work and found the toilets overflowing. We called in a drain cleaning company and they sent a camera down our pipes and found that the main sewer line has collapsed. The collapse is right in the middle of our store 5 feet down. Long story short....it can't be fixed til late next week.....it is super expensive to fix.....and we cannot use our washrooms until this is fixed. So today I didn't drink or eat anything in fear of having to GO. I don't know how we will manage til next Thursday. And then how long will it take to fix etc etc,. Needless to say bad day here.

Anyway..enough from me. How is everyone doing today? Everyone still on there perspective plans? Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I'm hopeful.Well I'm home now so I am going to drink water and eat and not have to worry LOL.

How's it going today Kim?

OMG Michelle that is AWFUL! I am so sorry! That is just the worst!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Michelle. You are doing great. I just noticed you and I had just about the same starting weight. That 260s was NO fun. We are not going back there are we? No way!

Another day on plan yesterday only 19g carbs. Only about 87 more days to this challenge to stay on plan and the 170s will be mine.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica. I appreciate it. At least today is a holiday here, so we are not at work.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #111

Jeanne - love your new AVI! How was your trip to Indy yesterday? Are you back home? Is there a baby???

MichelleHu - way to go on the new low!

Kim - are you starting a new job? I think I missed that. How was your weekend?

Natalie - how was your weekend. 1 day with and 1 day without is PERFECT! You must get a bunch done on your day without!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #112

Holiday is great! Do you have special plans?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #113

My weekend was good. All the crew is back together. We did back to school shopping on the way home from my parents house yesterday. MO had a tax free weekend for back to school. IT WAS CRAZY! OMG, we only went to 3 stores and they were all jam packed and BUSY! IN all we spent tons, but should be ready for school. DD11 needed shorts, she got 6 pairs. We got the school supplies and shoes and clothes...I was TIRED after it all! Not sure it was worth the tax savings , in dealing with the crowds, but it is all done now!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Good Monday Morning Lovelies!

Michelle, thanks! I'm very excited about the new job. I'll be working as an Oracle Database Specialist, which is basically a glorified data entry operator, for a Fortune 1000 company that manufactures and distributes filtration systems for everything from computers to warehouses. I go today to do all the fun W4 and I9 paperwork. It's a contract for hire position.

Monica, yep, the day Mr. Clueless moved out his things I got a call from a recruiter who found my resume on CareerBuilder. I never knew those sites work, but obviously they do LOL....my weekend has been particularly lazy and I need to get out of that! My DD23 and grandson are going to be here today and my house is a wreck. I literally haven't done a thing, except I did get a couple of walks in. TOM is kicking my butt this month, the cramps are horrible. Wish I'd just go into fullblown menopause and get it over with since I have all the symptoms of it, from chin hairs to hot flashes...yet TOM still keeps visiting. Sheesh. Anyway.....

I have to find that Lindt 90%, I keep forgetting to look for it. I think it could well be a lifesaver.

Have a very busy day today so need to get going. I did weigh in, 171.2, so I haven't gained, anyway :P
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Kim Grats on the job! Life is moving fast.

Michelle Thank you and no way i will never go back. I am pretty sure I can do this for life, I feel great.

Monica Ugghh, school shopping, i suppose I should start thinking about that.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Girls--a big congrats to Kim for the new job--awesome news!!! woohoo-- bad about the tom and chin hairs--I can tell you that doesn't get any better--it just multiplies--my advice to you is to do laser before they all turn gray which almost all of mine are now--laser doesn't work on gray--so you have to keep dealing with them and they multiply like rabbits and it isn't pretty!

Monica--I bet T had a great time getting new school clothes with his new svelt body--I am sure he will be so glad to show it off in his new duds too!!

It was a major fast trip to Indy--I was so beat last nite--something about driving for 5 hours is not fun-but we enjoyed our time with the kids-poor Rachel is so ready--she looks miserable-still working too--she doesn't want to--she is off every Monday so hopefully she will go before she goes in tomorrow--I am probably going back up to take care of Lucas when she goes into labor and stay a few days so if I am absent-you will know why! there is no reason to take my computer I don't think-he requires total attention and I doubt if I have a spare moment!!

How are all the new scales weighing everybody--10 pounds less than normal I hope?? My scale is so old but it seems to work well--I keep trucking on--loss 3 pounds this week-not bad for a second week--forgot to report the 4 pounds the first week which was not bad for a 5 day start-so 7 pounds so far--I figured the hubs would try to stop at someplace to eat on the way home but he didn't -thank goodness--he knows every buffet place around!!

I will be working at getting my bag packed to run at a moments notice I guess when the phone rings and also working in the garden stuff today-so I better get a move on--lots of things to do-back later girls

Last edited by jbatchelor; 08-05-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/138/140<---in maintenance
WOE: 50 g carbs/day
Start Date: June 2013
Edited
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Karai - what kind of shake do you make in the morning?
Monica, I was doing an egg protein shake with MCT oil, chia seeds, stevia, cocoa powder. It kept me full for at least 4 hours on some days before adding the MCT oil. I used coconut oil but it clumped up. The MCT is much better and keeps me full for 4+ hours!

Down about 2 lbs. from last week. That takes me to 36 lbs to go to reach my halloween goal! I am so motivated!!!

Karai

Last edited by Karai; 08-05-2013 at 12:24 PM..
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Karai--congrats on the 2 lbs--great weekly loss!!! I have got to look into the MCT oil--I know the coconut oil is bad about clumping--It will do that in recipes too sometimes depending on when and how you add it--have to think about it... how much MCT oil are you supposed to take per day? I am up to 3 TBS of coconut oil in my coffee plus whatever I get in my baking etc.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #119

Jeanne - how exciting for you! PLUS you get to see the new baby!

Thanks for teh recipe girl!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/288/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
Hi Ladies,
I joined in and then never posted again! Oops!

Actually we were on vacation. I took my laptop and planned on posting but we were just busy the whole time and I didn't. We got back late last night.

I stayed on plan during vacation!! That's a victory!!! Huge for me. Waterparks, concerts, etc and wasn't tempted even once. I think I finally understand that I just can't have the carbs, I just can't. I can never have just one. It sounds like several of you are the same.

I love reading all of your stories!! Thank you so much for letting me join. It's nice to have some support as we all make these changes. I love it.

hope you're all having a great day!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote