Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Thanks for the feedback Jeanne, I think I'll plug the food into the carb counter here and see how I ended up. I should be well under 20 anyways.

I have a heck of a time getting myself motivated to do the walk for some reason, but once I got the sneakers on and the Pandora going through the earbuds, I'm all about getting out there. It's just getting to that point that's the challenge. And I think I could definitely do better on the water but I'm working on it

Yeah, tonight's going to be a little weird...okay, a LOT weird, because both of my sons are also gone tonight. Just me and the dog here this evening. Well, I told Monica I don't have nights like these often enough and look, I got it!

It's going to be harder tomorrow when he comes for his things. That will be difficult, to look around and see all the places where he was, and isn't anymore

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
good morning girls--just a quick check in--this morning I am headed in to help Mom--and then back to do some mowing-I still haven't baked and I NEED to so badly!

Kim--I really can't think of anything worse than being with someone you can't trust--you deserve much more-there is a better life ahead-believe it!

Later friends
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Love2lift - PUSH UPS are the worst! I hate them so!

Jeanne - that makes perfect sense. It sounds like you all do truly have a plan!

Michelle - way to JUMP right back on plan!

Kim - I am sure you will be glad when the stuff is all gone too! Time to move on. Your menu looks good. It makes me hungry!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #64

Kim I agree with Jeanne, better that he be gone! YOU deserve much better!

It's FRIDAY - Eve all! I am ready for the weekend. DD11 I think is struggling at camp this week. They have the ability to use their cell phones and I think for her, that is NOT helping. She has been to many camps and has never been sad/homesick. I completely understand why they typically do not allow them. DS14 is enjoying life at my parents house. Yesterday they took the boat out on the lake and did some fishing!

Here's to having a GREAT Thursday all!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 08-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Ladies, I believe it Even now he has been trying to play me. He swore he was done with the homewrecker (a little too late IMO of course) just last week. Come to find out he's trying like everything to woo her in now that we're separated. At least she's seeing some sense at last and telling him she wants to see divorce papers first. Why she didn't say that in the beginning instead of throwing in my face that she's messing with my husband is beyond me, but okay. I found this out by deciding to check his voicemail (I have the password so can access it from my phone).

Anyways, enough of that nonsense. Onward to better now It's awful quiet around here this morning, which is fine with me. Having coffee and watching morning news. Going to take the dog for a walk and do some job-hunting. I did get a call yesterday from a recruiter looking for someone with my experience and background and they forwarded my resume to the company's hiring manager. Hope to hear something back soon on that!

Thanks for your support, ladies...I know we don't know each other all that well, but it's nice to have someplace to kind of vent things through this mess. I appreciate your kind words very much!

Last edited by IndieKim; 08-01-2013 at 05:34 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Kim~Chin up. We will all be thinking of you!

I think I have hit a plateau. Cant seem to budge past here for anything been 100% on plan for a couple weeks. Did start eliptical and have been working hard at the rehab house we are going to rent to my mom, so thinking that my muscle is just holding onto everything and 20 lbs is about 15-20% of what I need to lose. Its also a set point right where I am that I was at for years. I will keep doing what I am doing I know I am on track completely. The waiting game.

Years ago I lost 100 lbs and had a few plateaus just have to try to remember and not get discouraged.

Keep it clean and drink your water everyone! Pop in here for encouragement!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu--I hear you about the setpoint thing--I have one at 168--it a bugger to get past that for me--was a couple of years ago too and its always been a major pain number for me for different years--that setpoint thing is something you don't hear about too often but its a nemesis of mine!! hang in there-and don't give up--you will eventually break thru and zoom past it with a whoosh--just don't give in!!! Maybe add some coconut oil to up your metabolism?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 08-01-2013 at 06:00 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
I know that setpoint too. Mine was 165. I just couldn't get past it toreach my goal. This time will be different hope.

MichelleHu--I like Jeanne's idea of adding coconut oil or even butter. Sometimes upping the fat helps things move along.

Kim your menu looked good to me too. I see room for a bit more fat in there too. And fat sure adds flavor to things. I was always surprised when I was losing that some of my biggest losses came the weeks I ate greasy pork rinds. I don't really like the taste of them anymore though. It's hard to remember that the right fats are our friends. It was beaten into us to hate fat.

Monica--Sorry to hear of DD. Why wouldn't she like camp this time?

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Yeah I think maybe upping the fat would be a good idea. I bought ketosticks and I'm only registering a trace amount. I checked it the other day only that one time. I am going to check it again. Is it best to test first thing in the morning or does it matter?

Omelet with a sprinkle of cheddar in it for breakfast, along with a leftover pork chop. No water as yet...GAH!!!

Have any of you tried bullet proof coffee? I don't have any coconut oil, guess it's time for another store run.....

OK edited to add, I did another keto test. I'm somewhere between small and moderate. The reading is lighter than medium and a touch darker than small. That's better than I was though. I'm going to really have to clean up because I too am stuck. I went UP a pound, PMS bloat I'm sure, but still. I'm not adjusting my stat though because I KNOW it's temporary. I hate stalls with a passion though no matter what they're caused by. I want to get out of the 170s and it's almost there but...nope. Flip flopping from 171.0 to 172. Just have to push through it.

Was thinking of a M/E fast to see if that breaks me through below 170.

Last edited by IndieKim; 08-01-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Kim I don't know what bullet proof coffee really is-I have heard people adding butter and coconut oil to their coffee and whipping it? is that it? I do add 1 TBS of coconut oil to each of my mugs-each mug is 16oz and I have two! way too much each morning but I love my morning coffee-I don't eat breakfast which is another bad thing! I really need to break that habit-I never did eat breakfast--I add it because it is supposedly good for brain health ie Alzheimers.. it is also supposed to rev up the metabolism and decrease your blood sugar--I haven't found a decrease in my blood sugar-I have tried to find ways to increase the coconut oil-adding it to my baking when I bake in place of using butter-but I haven't baked lately--but I believe it to be a vital part of the woe--I just need to work it into more ways to use it.

Jeanne
Old 08-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne here is the Chia Mousse recipe.
Chia Chocolate Mousse:

Makes 2 servings

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar or amount of sweetner of choice needed to equal 2tbsp sugar
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp ground chia*

*to grind chia seeds blend in a coffee grinder or magic bullet.

I found this way to thick so I added about a 1/2 cup water to this. The chia seeds really suck up liquid so I added the water til it was thick but still ran off the spoon. It thickened to a thick rich pudding consistency in the fridge. If when you go to eat it and it is too thick you can even add the liquid of any kind then too and stir to mix. I'm thinking of adding cold coffee to loosen it up instead of the water to make it a chocolate mocha pudding. I know it will be good.

2. Place in a bowl or in individual ramekins and put into the fridge to solidify for about 30 minutes-1 hour. This made two servings for me maybe 3.

This was really good and satisfying.

Last edited by michelle204; 08-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: missed a step
Old 08-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Michelle--just a couple of questions-like always--is this coconut milk in the can or carton? I have seen both? I think? Do you have any more recipes with chia that you can recommend? I ordered a bag from netrition and still haven't used any yet--do you always grind the seed and does it not thicken unless you grind it? have you tried the mousse with not grinding the chia? I guess this was more than a couple of questions--inquiring minds you know! I guess I like simple simple and easy-pulling out the coffee grinder is one more step-that makes me lazy! hate to clean it up!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

I agree upping the fat might help so I made cream cheese- peanut butter balls with some brown sugar cinnamon flavored davincis will pop one of those when I get hungry. Can almost button my last pair of jeans and thats from not even close 10 days ago, so its moving in the right direction.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast and lunch done and I'm at 5.4g net carbs for the day thus far. 4 glasses of water and a 20oz bottle of water with Crystal Lite Peach Iced Tea.

It's only 3:30 and I'm hungry though :P

Had the omelet sprinkled with cheddar w/ leftover pork chop for breakfast
2 Tilapia filets fried in butter seasoned with lemon pepper, 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, microwaved and a tsp of butter on it for lunch.

I think I can afford a ricotta crème to get me through til dinner (and I have no idea what that's going to be yet).

Mr. Clueless is here packing up the rest of his stuff....not fun at all. I'm better off, but still....it hurts
Old 08-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Kim---You can do this. I know it is hard but you are strong and way above this. Know your friends here are thinking of you. Goodbye Mr Clueless!

Michelle--Those non scale victories are also very important and buttoning up and old pair of pants is one of those victories. WTG!

Jeanne---If you like rice pudding or tapioca pudding then you don't have to grind the seeds. If left whole they will give the texture of those two puddings. If you grind them you will get a smoother consistency that's all. I have made it both ways and both are good. It just depends on what texture you want.
I use the coconut milk in a can but I have also used almond milk and even HWC to make this and all worked just great. Just try and use the ratio 1 part chia to 5-7 parts liquid of choice. Sweeten it with something, flavor it with something, and let it rest in the fridge to develop. It takes about an hour.
I also use chia to make jam. I'm not like you and I don't know how to can so I only make enough for a few days. But I use whatever fruit I want to make the jam from, sweeten it, get the juices flowing and then add the whole chia seeds .I don't really know measurements but say for a cup or so of liquid and fruit I would probably add a heaping teaspoon I think. You don't really notice the seed texture if you are using raspberries and such because they have seeds. This is really good jam.

I also add chia seeds to salad dressings, muffins, cookies,etc. Just in a dry application they add a little crunch. If baking with it you should make a gel( 1 part chia and 5 parts water-let sit for a while to absorb all the water) then add to your muffins. Some people use this gel to replace eggs in there recipes. The gel lasts fo ever in the fridge so you can always have some handy.

Did I answer all your questions?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #76

Kim - I'm so sorry! I know it hurts, but you DESERVE better. Keep thinking that. Can you go somewhere so you aren't there while it happens???
Old 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #77

You all are so adventurous with what you bake/cook! Me, same old same old. Oddest thing I have ever made is the OMM! OH I used to love those when I LC'd!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Made faux potato salad had about a cup and I am stuffed. Planning mahi for dinner but dinner is going to be awhile now that I hit up the salad.

Possible to maybe go for a walk Kim? Clear the head, get away.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Michelle, what is faux potato salad? Congrats on the non-scale victory with the pants! I love when that happens! Right now I won't bother, I'm bloating out with PMS and would prefer not to even try for a couple of weeks LOL...but I do have a pair of jeans waiting....

What's with the chia seeds? I've only heard of those chia pets! Where can you get them? I have a box of flax seed, haven't figured out yet what to do with it.

Monica, I'm not very adventurous with LC cooking (every other kind yep! LOL) or baking. Dinner tonight was a repeat of last night because I had 4 chops left. My older son will eat at work tonight, so it was just my younger son and me.

I've been crying for awhile now. Going to go out to a movie or something tonight to get my mind off things, or take about 3 turns or so around the walking path.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Kim~ Its potato salad with all the regular stuff in it but the potatoes just replace those with cauliflower and make it like you would however you prefer it. Its great. Dh says its good for the trade off hes about 80% low carb/ gluten free.

If he wants to eat in this house and he doesnt want to cook it- he knows whats good for him. Thats right dh the fake potato salad is awesome!

No really it is very good and he really does like it too. DD said tho she would rather have potatos. But she still hasnt put bread on the grocery list and its been 6 days I think since I found what was left moldy and threw it out for the birds. She has been a real trooper about trying any recipe, I love that. I am not mentioning the bread to anyone I should write it down to see how long it takes if ever I hope!

Did ya get out for a walk to clear the head Kim, pick up a movie that was a great idea for the night.

Last edited by MichelleHu; 08-01-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Old 08-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Monica I will be hitting you up for recipes and probably some help for moms breads too. Some stuff she has tried just hasnt worked. Would like to find some way to do a french bread type, that would be my first want. We will talk, thank you!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Kim~ Its potato salad with all the regular stuff in it but the potatoes just replace those with cauliflower and make it like you would however you prefer it. Its great. Dh says its good for the trade off hes about 80% low carb/ gluten free.

If he wants to eat in this house and he doesnt want to cook it- he knows whats good for him. Thats right dh the fake potato salad is awesome!

No really it is very good and he really does like it too. DD said tho she would rather have potatos. But she still hasnt put bread on the grocery list and its been 6 days I think since I found what was left moldy and threw it out for the birds. She has been a real trooper about trying any recipe, I love that. I am not mentioning the bread to anyone I should write it down to see how long it takes if ever I hope!

Did ya get out for a walk to clear the head Kim, pick up a movie that was a great idea for the night.

We love potato salad, I will try that with the cauliflower and see if the boys will like it. Do you cook the cauliflower first I assume?

Wow, your family is really on board and that's got to help SO much! My DS19 (love how you put the ages to distinguish them!) needs to drop some weight. He's also the kid who ragged at me nonstop about how my balanced diet should be 60% carbs He isn't going for the low carb thing. He had to use some of my Swerve for lemonade since we didn't have sugar and OMG you'd think he was forced to drink poison

Mr. Clueless is 5'8 and 150lbs soaking wet, there was no way he would touch anything "diet". Dude lives on curry and rice anyway. I will say he was pretty hands-off on my efforts but also supportive in his way.

My DS14 is 5'1 and 100lbs and all lean muscle. Kid looks like he works out like a fiend...biceps, 6-pack, major muscle definition. He rides bike and throws a football in the park with his friends, but mostly he sits in front of the x-box all the time. I don't get it

DD23 and DGS (dear grandson, he's going on 3) are coming for a visit....when all this hit the fan almost 2 years ago she was here for me too - she lives in Wisconsin - and after talking to me this evening decided to come and be with mama for a little while. I'm so glad she's able to get that time before she is back in school this fall. She's a decorating nut and VERY good at it. I look forward to working with her on revamping my place! She also is severely overweight, has been most of her life. I'm hoping to get her motivated to do walks with me, taking baby for walks and stuff, and getting her to eat healthier. She doesn't over-eat, really, but she eats everything she shouldn't. She's 6 feet tall and well over 300lbs. Beautiful girl, but like mom, eats her emotions. She's gone through a similar thing with her baby's dad as I have with Mr. Clueless

I actually ended up hanging out with my 2 friends who live in our community. They know all about the situation and let me cry in front of them along with the community caretaker guy who's a friend of ours too. They're really rallying around me at this time and I'm so grateful for them. Tomorrow we're getting out and hitting garage sales early (I love finding treasures at garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores) and then I have a job interview in the early afternoon. So there are a few things to keep me busy now and that can only be a good thing!

I know I'll be okay - better than okay. It's just going to take some time to get there. In the meantime I REFUSE to let this derail my weight loss efforts! It hasn't thus far and it won't!

Last edited by IndieKim; 08-01-2013 at 09:23 PM..
Old 08-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DJnatalie
Stats: 5'10" - 309.4 / 296.2 / 155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/19/2013
I finally made it!

I know I posted and ran a couple of days ago from my phone - well, the internet was down and we thought it would be back by morning. Then it wasn't...finally tonight it's back! Hallelujah, I was getting shaky from not being able to get on the internet. How sad is that?! And I just don't have the patience to tap out letters one by one on a phone keyboard.

Anyway, so here I am. I know I've probably missed out on a lot but now that I'm here you can't get rid of me!

Okay - I'm Natalie! I am 32, married for 1 year and 5 months to my (sappy alert) best friend, and I work in the healthcare portion of a forensic toxicology laboratory. We do pain compliance testing. I love what I do, but it's a lot of moving around and I got to that point where moving around was a difficult thing to do. I did low carb about...12 years ago...for about 6 months. Went from a 24 to a 16. Had a ton of energy, etc. On July 19th I remembered that time of my life and realized I have a seriously toxic relationship with carbs. I can't have just a little bit. It's always a lot. So I need to go cold turkey.

So I did! I stopped diet drinks too. I drink black coffee and water. I'm getting in about 64 oz. per day, sometimes more. No exercise yet, but I already have so much energy that I am ready to start doing C25K or something very soon.

Current weigh in yesterday: 296.2

I'm so happy to be here! It really helps when you have friends around to keep each other accountable. I look forward to getting to know all of you!

270 by Halloween!
DJnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Well welcome back Natalie--we were about to send out the police hunting for you--I knew you couldn't resist our charming ways!!! glad to have you back!! what a great job you have! and as far as that carb addiction--I am right there beside you--give me one taste and I go over the wall--it sets off a binge feast for weeks--just got back on plan from a 3 weeker! yikes--I seem to fall off easily since my hubs really loves the amish buffets we have here locally--we he loves all buffets--of course he never gains an ounce! so unfair that I watch him eat all the junk food I want! anyway--glad you are back-now let's get serious! and do some weight losing!

Kim-you made it through the nite ok I hope? one day at a time and you will do it--good luck on your interview!

lots of yardwork for me today and some errands-so I am headed to the shower-later girls
Old 08-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #85

Kim - glad you have friends around to support you! Thrilled your DD23 is coming to visit you too. Is she a school teacher? What does she teach?

Natalie - thrilled to see you back girl! Married to your Best Friend, nothing wrong with that...I am too!

Jeanne - it's raining here, heading your way. You supposed to get rain this weekend? I think we had right about an inch.

Ok ladies, I am writing this down for all to see. I have not being doing as I should. I got sloppy, lazy, you name it. I weighed this morning and have changed my signature. I am going to count every calorie and stay within my range. July was a tough busy month for me. I plan to make AUGUST work for me!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/156/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Good Morning LSbHC'ers,

Thanks to everyone for the weight loss kudos. I've got a long way to go, but the initial drop is feeling good.

Kim, you are in my thoughts. Better things are ahead, but he may try to crawl back. Stolen bread is sweeter...for the moment. You definitely deserve better.

Your menus look good. I use the ICBINB spread and luv it. Also, I found that drinking alot of water affects my weight loss. I had to work up to 130 oz. But for my weight, it has been working pretty good.

Michelle204, I too forget that the reason why I feel so good is because I am on a LC plan and work out. But I somehow forget and think it just comes naturally. Before I know it, if I don't watch out, something tips me off of the wagon. THIS time, I am more watchful and mindful.

I have learned to like chia seeds. I have a bag on my counter. I've been adding them to my morning shake. Luv your recipe ideas.

MichelleHu, I like the idea of using cauliflower to make potato salad! Will definitely try this. So far, I've been using it to make 'rice'. I ran across a recipe for pizza dough using cauliflower...looks interesting.

Monica, I hear ya...July WAS a toughie. I'm glad it's over. Let's make August work better!!!

Jeanne, have you heard about MCT oil (liquid coconut oil)? I bought a bottle of it, and have been adding it to my morning shakes. It is tasteless and a great way to up the fats.

Happy Friday,
Karai

Last edited by Karai; 08-02-2013 at 06:31 AM..
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!

Hi Natalie! Welcome back LOL....I know the feeling about being without internet It's like, how do I function??? When ours went out I did rely on my phone and it made me crazy. Your job sounds way cool, lucky you! I have a toxic relationship with carbs too...total emotional eater and it's all about the carbs too. Ugh. This WOE really makes you think about what you put in your mouth, for sure. Eating to live instead of living to eat, as they say.

I totally overslept this morning, because yeah, some insomnia hit last night. My DS19 was trying to really distract me by looking at decorating ideas online with me, browsing Craigslist ads for furniture and stuff and the next thing I knew it was after 2am. I'm usually out by 10:30 or so!

I'm doing okay though...as my friends said, it will hit out of the blue now and then, but overall each day is better than the last. I blocked him on my phone for the time being - I really prefer we don't talk for awhile. I think that's best for now. Both of these friends of mine have been through it themselves (not same circumstances but broken marriage/long term relationships) and it helps they understand how tough this is.

Monica, no my daughter isn't a teacher (although she would be a good one for Early Childhood/Preschool, she's awesome with kids). She's a student taking pre-Nursing courses part time. Right now she's a stay-at-home mom though.

I have little doubt he'll try to come back, Karai, for whatever reason. They usually do

So I tried bulletproof coffee, with the coconut oil and butter. It's interesting, for sure. I have a frother attached to my espresso machine that I haven't used in eons, but apparently the frother no longer works so I put the mixture in my little food processor to emulsify the coconut oil into the coffee. It's actually pretty good! And a great way to get in a little more fat because yeah, I don't do enough fat in my diet.

Not going to weigh til Monday, hopefully, and maybe not even then with Aunt Flow imminent and I know I'm retaining water like a fiend right now. I practically slosh when I walk
Old 08-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

For the faux potato salad yes cook the cauli but not to soft so it wont hold up.

For the cauli pizza crust which is awesome, make sure you squeeze out all the water you can after cooking the cauli really helps the "dough" dry out for the baking of it let me see if I can attach my pic of just the cooked crust. I have never added a pic.Hope this works also added an after shot of the pizza loaded and cooked. By the way the DH and the DD loved this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (41.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (44.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Dang Michelle-that looks awesome!! keep it warm and I will be right over!! I have never made a cauliflower crust--where is the recipe? and the pizza one too--it sure beats my eggs on a tortilla! I haven't ever posted a pic either--you did great-I have to have computer training in all things I do!

I did make a blender coconut pie-just took it out of the toaster oven-it is my old standby when I need something sweet!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

1 cup cooked cauli riced- get out as much water as possible squeeze it
1 egg
1 cup grated mozzi

mix well, spead on a well greased cookie sheet or pizza stone, pan. I put mine on parchment too, then the parchment stick to the greased pan. 450 till browned all over. Use when ready, loaded with all your fav's of choice, 450 for final cook till cheese hot an bubbly just browning.

Alright pass me the blender coconut pie recipe sounds perfect for tonight!

For those who are gluten free see link

FDA sets 'gluten-free' labeling standards – Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs