Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11

Quote:
hugs to the fosters from Dolly for a great new forever home--I am sure they will get lots of love in their new home--so glad they get to stay together--you were a great temporary mom Michelle
have a great day ladies!
And hugs from Pepper too!!

Pepper is going to be a Bumble Bee for Halloween.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

I want to be in the next challenage.

I know I'm not around too much. But I think of you all, and I miss the conversation.

I need to stay away from sugar. My #1 enemy. Then chips are second.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Michelle204 so happy for you. YOU did it!!

And so happy you were able to share your home and love for the fosters. I bet Ben will miss them.

WTG on the challenage. Any secrets you want to share?? I seem to do good for a week maybe 10 days. Then I just eat something crappy. Then I work harde to get back where I was.....a cycle. I need to make it a way of life.

Quote:
jbatchelor I didn't get hardly any soy sauce on my grilled items yesterday at the Chinese buffet-much better results with the swelling and water retention-hope this means I will do better with my own weigh in on Monday-I am do a big whoosh this month-too many half pounds and stay the same Mondays--
Wow, that takes will power! Let us know how Monday goes. You are really doing good this challenage tho, months ago the eating out was not good. (Not for me either)

Oh Jeanne, so happy for Val!! That is great.

Monica hope life is going easier for you. How are the headaches? I had a nasty one yesterday. For me weather is a player. Had a yard sale, so I had to work it. So glad that is over.

So glad you all are my friends.

Later

Anna
Old 10-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Anna--- You are always welcome. Friends are friends whether they talk every day or not.
I love Peppers costume. That is so precious. The only costume I have for Ben is a Dracula costume. But he does have jerseys and bandanas from our NHL hockey team the Winnipeg Jets. I think that is what he will be this year. A Jet. He doesn't seem to be missing the others. I think he is too tired. We will keep our eyes out for more foster babies. But maybe just one this time and maybe a bit smaller would be better for Ben.

As for secrets...there are none. Like you said it is more just getting into the frame of mind that sugar is bad for you and stay away or the cravings, the uncontrollable cravings, will be back. I need to go hard core for 21 days to stamp out all cravings and then it is much easier sailing. But I have to be stead fast in NO CHEATING for 21 days.

Jeanne I don't think I mentioned how happy I am for Val. I'm sorry I forgot that. I hope you celebrated and told her your cyber friends are behind her all the way and pray for her and her speedy recovery.

It is super cool and windy here today. I thought I would get some yard work done, but that is out of the question. Maybe it will be nicer some time during the week to get it all done before the snow.

Also I am trying to think of how i want to carve my 3 pumpkins. I'm not very good at it so it has to be easy. I'm looking at pinterest for ideas. There are some crazy pumpkins out there.

Later all.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Anna-I am always thrilled to see your posts-check in whenever you can girlfriend! have you seen the new book titles "grain brain" ? google it-I saw him on dr. Oz--I will get it one of these days-I keep reading more and more things about sugar and gluten-it is what keeps me on the straight and narrow-I haven't went gluten free but I keep thinking I should-my sugar keeps me from eating more wrong things-I still fall off occasionally but for the most part-reading those medical things really reinforces and keeps me going.

Love Peppers costume!! he makes a cutie patootie of a Bee!

We have been outside today trimming shrubs--we did that last weekend also-this completes our landscaping trimming for the year! so glad to have it done-I think this is the latest I have ever gotten it done--my NEXT house won't have all this landscaping-I have learned to not plant so many things that need to be trimmed!

have a great Sunday!!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the kind words Michelle204 and Jeanne.

So I am in. Just trying to eat clean.

Jeanne do you remember a long time ago you posted about a blog by some lady named Marie??? I think??? Do you remember?

I need to subscribe to some blogs. Maybe help keep me motivated.

Also I have not seen anything about Grain Brain, but sounds good. I was going to ask if you all had read any low carb books lately. I had a yard sale this week end and sold 3 Atkins books. I like him and all, but I never read him......just want something more up to date. kwim? Besides just trying to de-clutter.....

Anyway, gtg

Later
Anna
Old 10-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Uggh its early, the animals woke me up needing to go outside. Coffee is made tho so I might be human in a bit. New low 211 happy with that. 1 to go to make 10 for the month, always happy with that.

I am going to have to work today since I accomplished nothing yesterday, yeah me!

Tom is coming, I could bite Dh's head off yesterday, but the way cravings are right now I would eat it. Going to try to control myself today, but for crying out loud he better quit eating everything known to man right in front of me today or I cannot be held responsible.

Hope the whoosh fairy showed up for you all!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #668
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Michelle way go to! That is truly great news! For you and for the dogs! I am so proud of you! You have done extremely well. Way to go!

MichelleHu- 6 inches of snow! WOW is this early for that??? We had no power Sunday morning a.m. from 3:30 - after 6:00 a.m. Odd, no weather issues or anything.

Jeanne - so happy for your friend. That is truly great news. OH and way to go at the buffet. That takes STRONG WILL POWER!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #669

Anna - how cute is that costume?!?!?! You are welcome here as often as you can! I always look forward to your posts. Sorry about the headache, mine are definitely tied to the weather too!

Michellehu- way to go on the new low! WOOHOO!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #670

OK we had a big weekend at our house. Yesterday was DS14's confirmation at church. It was a PROUD MOMMA day for sure. He had to give his "statement of faith" in front of everyone at church. He DID GREAT! We had 25 people over for lunch after. It was awesome. I have to share pictures, just bear with me ----and thanks for looking!

DS14 and DD12

DS14 at church in his gown that was worn.

He and I at our house before everything got started! This is the suit he wears for debate and such!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

WTG MichelleHu- a new low-you can make that 1 pound for the month! you are doing marvelous! I understand about the DH eating in front of you with the snacks-mine does that too-it's hard!

Anna-I have never had a yard sale-but so need to do one! I have so much but I ususally take stuff to St Vincent de Paul here! yard sales look like too much work!

I did get a visit from the whoosh fairy finally--3lbs this week-I worked hard for it and I think it was catch up time for the month maybe? I don't think it is possible to make my goal -2 lbs in 4 days-but I will at least get closer and that's a good thing! Just getting into the 150s will feel so good again! it's been a long time since I saw that 150s number!

time to scat-later
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

wow-great pics Monica--T looks like a different boy/man-he looks handsome and great in his suit! you can really tell the weight loss now--tell him he is going to really wow the girls now--I know he already has a girlfriend-but he is one handsome fellow--and congrats on the confirmation! that is an awesome step too!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--- Fantastic pics of your beautiful family. Your children are growing up so fast. I can't believe in the short time I've known them how much they have grown and matured. DS looks so handsome in his suit. And you.. you are radiant!

I'm with you Jeanne. I think a yard sale sounds like too much work. So I am all for donating when I clean up. You put it right out your front door and they pick it up right there. Couldn't be easier and does other families good.

Michelle--- WTG on the new low. You have done great in this challenge and you are still going strong. I could smack my DH too for stuff like that. I don't mind he eats it in front of me but it is his portions that kill me. Like yesterday he made himself a bowl of ice cream with 8 large scoops of ice cream and 1 whole cup of chocolate cheerios sprinkled on top.He had to use my salad bowl to get it to fit in one bowl. Besides the fact that if I ate that I would weigh 1000 lbs...that is being piggy and costs a fortune when I already have a tight food budget.

Anna-- How is he headache?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-how is Ben now without the fosters? does he miss them or is he happier? I know Dolly would be happier--when the grand leaves after being here for the weekend you can tell she is relieved-she hates all the noise and disruption! she is an old person dog!

well girls we have 4 days to finish up--don't relax-we can still hit it strong and make a difference in our weight going in-then it will be to our advantage going into the holidays-we are feeling stronger than ever! I think we are keeping each other strengthened!!!

Michelle-I wish they would pick up the donations here-we don't have that luxury--we do have to take it-we are a burg remember--but I really don't mind-but the big items it would be nice to have picked up

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-28-2013 at 08:28 AM..
Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #675

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
I did get a visit from the whoosh fairy finally--3lbs this week-I worked hard for it and I think it was catch up time for the month maybe? I don't think it is possible to make my goal -2 lbs in 4 days-but I will at least get closer and that's a good thing! Just getting into the 150s will feel so good again! it's been a long time since I saw that 150s number!

time to scat-later
AWESOME JEANNE! 3 pounds is GREAT!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #676

Quote:
I'm with you Jeanne. I think a yard sale sounds like too much work. So I am all for donating when I clean up. You put it right out your front door and they pick it up right there. Couldn't be easier and does other families good.
We give all of our stuff to my parents for their church's garage sale. EASY to do, plus the church makes a killing and I don't have to be there or do anything!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne- wow WTG I'll do a happy dance for ya!

Monica- Your DS looks very happy in the pics too. Proud Mama!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Jeanne a 3 lb loss is big news. I know you were hoping for the whoosh fairy and she finally arrived, fantastic!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #679
Senior LCF Member

Hey you all

This is a quick response, I am watching the World Series, and trying to get ready for bed/work. So

Had to post when I saw the pictures Monica! WOW T looks great. Love the suit. And Haven is just beautiful! They grow up so fast, hang on dear......and you look great as always. Pretty dress.

MichelleHu WTG!!

Michelle204...any word from the foster's? Hope all is going well.

Jeanne!! for you too. All that hard work and cutting down on soy sauce is working.

DD is the costume dept for Pepper. He was a pumpkin last year. Luckily he will wear anything. GD put a necklace and play earrings on him a few weeks ago.

The yard sale was a hugh success. I hate them, I gave all my junk to DH's Boy Scout Troup in April. I mean they brought a truck and trailor over. But DH is a collector, and loves JUNK. Even with that we managed to make several hundred dollars (5)....and DS was here, he made over 100. I am on a mission to pay for a new bathroom. 9000.00 On well it's a start.

GTG Game is on
Anna
Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Jeanne- wow WTG I'll do a happy dance for ya!

Monica- Your DS looks very happy in the pics too. Proud Mama!
Thank you girl!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #681
Senior LCF Member

Hey Monica have you seen this..Got the info from my Dh's chiro who is also gluten free. He is going to post about 5 interviews a day with top experts on all the newest gluten info.Sign up is free, I did yesterday, then they will send reminder emails to watch the dailies. Not selling anything on the site. Register for FREE!: The Gluten Summit
http://theglutensummit.com/
Old 10-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #682

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Hey you all

This is a quick response, I am watching the World Series, and trying to get ready for bed/work. So

Had to post when I saw the pictures Monica! WOW T looks great. Love the suit. And Haven is just beautiful! They grow up so fast, hang on dear......and you look great as always. Pretty dress.

DD is the costume dept for Pepper. He was a pumpkin last year. Luckily he will wear anything. GD put a necklace and play earrings on him a few weeks ago.

The yard sale was a hugh success. I hate them, I gave all my junk to DH's Boy Scout Troup in April. I mean they brought a truck and trailor over. But DH is a collector, and loves JUNK. Even with that we managed to make several hundred dollars (5)....and DS was here, he made over 100. I am on a mission to pay for a new bathroom. 9000.00 On well it's a start.

GTG Game is on
Anna
ENJOY GIRL! That is hilarious that Pepper will wear anything. Our PIP when we put the sweater we got her on, she won't hardly move. She just stands there looking at you like "help me!" Thanks for the kind words. It is a start to the bathroom....and $500 is a great yard sale!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Hey Monica have you seen this..Got the info from my Dh's chiro who is also gluten free. He is going to post about 5 interviews a day with top experts on all the newest gluten info.Sign up is free, I did yesterday, then they will send reminder emails to watch the dailies. Not selling anything on the site. Register for FREE!: The Gluten Summit
Register for FREE!: The Gluten Summit
OH thanks, I will look that up!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

late checking in-had errands and talked with an insurance guru-about Medicare supplement! I am spinning my head-part A, B C D-bingo! dang-when you get old you just get more confusion-the head is connected to the ....it costs to get Medicare is what I found out! nothing is free when you get old-hopefully I will get it figured out by the time I am 65!

Dolly does well with her sweaters and would do well with a costume-but she hates wearing some things-I bought her a glitzy rhinestone bow to go on her collar-she stopped in her tracks with one those looks you are talking about! weird how they react to some things-lol!

we are having the tree guys here today to take down two trees that have been hit with lightning-we keep losing trees! the wood will stay-just the trees needed to come down before they hit the fence or me mowing under them! Chris will take the wood and we will keep some also to take camping someday!

later
Old 10-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

I'm late checking i myself. I just can't get motivated today. Its like I should have just stayed in bed. I'm guessing it's TOM causing issues as it seems I could cry at the drop of a hat. I did carve my pumpkins, vacuum, do pooper scooping, I'm making dinner now, but it just feels like I haven't done anything and it's taking forever to get anything done. Oh well tomorrows another day.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

hope you are feeling better Michelle--I have those days too--I don't have TOM anymore-those cloudy days do me in tho--I am a sun person for sure-I do better in the summer-and being outside! hope today is a better day

I will be gone all day today taking Mom to two appts at the docs- so it will be a long day for her and me-the last one is very late in the day-hate that for her. she will be pooped.

have a great day girls
Old 10-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #687

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Anyone welcome. Any eating plan is great. Come here, talk food, weight, life, you name it!

Start: 169
Goal: 164

Well I suck! I am ending this challenge up 1 pound ! 170 for me today! I guess the good thing is it isn't a large GAIN! The scale this morning even noted 169.6 before it bleeped up to 170! Such is! It could be a lot worse!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #688

Michelle hope you are feeling better today girl. I too have days like that! Great on carving your pumpkins. I don't think we will get ours done this year. Darn it! We are just out of time. Might have a moment to do them tomorrow afternoon, but doubtful!

Jeanne - I hope your day goes well with your Mom!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne how did things go with your mom today? I hope all is well.

Monica--- Congratulations on staying almost the same. No gain is worth celebrating to.Most of my previous challenges have been phenomenal failures. So you have done well in my books.

I will weigh in tomorrow. I'm probably up from the weekend because of TOM but still hopeful that the 175 is there and I can claim victory. Well I am still feeling a little rough and very cold so I am going to bed early to warm up and relax. See you tomorrow my friends.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #690
Senior LCF Member

Happy Halloween

I am the same, but I'm in for next challange, I can do better!

Quote:
Monica--- Congratulations on staying almost the same. No gain is worth celebrating to
Great job everyone!

GTG

Anna