Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Challenge--works for me too--I never seem to meet a challenge--but I sure tried on this last one! I definitely need one for the holiday season for sure! this last one had a great name and brought in some people for sure!

Monica-you named it! had to go look! great name!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-21-2013 at 09:23 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Well I am most certainly up for another challenge. I am feeling pretty good about staying on plan and chiseling a little bit more from the weigh scale. I am still hopeful that I can fulfill this challenges goal.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
I love the name of this one, thats what snagged me. Weight the same, no biggie wasnt feeling quite right last night, some bloating and near cramping, a little nausea. Just yucky so was kinda expecting no loss.

Michelle I just looked at your stats real close is what I think I am seeing right? you are only 1.2 from ultimate goal? Just WOW! Fabulous!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

I know I'm close, but I usually blow it right before the end. But I am in the right mind set to get the job done this time. So my fingers are crossed.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Any ideas about a title for the next challenge? Will it go to New Years Eve? That would give us 8 weeks and take us through the holidays.

Not much new here in doggie kingdom. There have been no interested people for Dayders and Daisy. They are so special. They really love each other and take care of one another. I sure hope they get adopted out together. There is an adoption fair Nov. 2nd I hope they meet their furever family then. I love them to pieces but I am finding the three a bit much and Daisy is very energetic. A younger family might be better.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 10-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #636
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Work is crazy busy!

Michelle - how long will you have them if they aren't adopted? Is the a timeframe?

Jeanne - still mowing? It would be a tad cold on a mower these days.

I didn't mention my headaches to the DR. I am honestly feeling really good this week. I just had my eyes checks in Janaury and I had/still have perfect vision. I truly think it is sinus related. I mean, almost to the end of October and still no first frost? I think I'm doomed.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #637

Michelleju- fighting a bug or PMS?

Let's see, we could go all the way to Valentine's. 8 weeks would be a short challenge.

if we go through New Year's:

Finally there by 12/31/2013
Blast through the holidays- SMALLER
New You for the New year 2014

I'm part of another challenge group, I came up with the Sexier for Santa name! I think I am tapped out of good ideas! I've reached my max.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

I love the idea of going to Valentine's Day.

May I suggest Vivacious for Valentines or Victorious by Valentines??

Monica--- I think I have them until they are adopted. Whenever that is.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-I can't believe you didn't get a frost-we got one this morning and I thought you got everything a day before me!! I was thrilled-tomorrow and Thursday we are going to be cold too-brr- highs in the 40s only! I still need to mow one section but I am dragging my feet-I may leave it long and ungroomed for the winter! just don't see mowing with winter gloves and coat on! so glad you are feeling better--can you take zyrtec on something for sinus?

I can't believe we are headed into the holiday season already-where does the time go? Valentines sounds good to me too--the longer the better the way the time goes so fast! but I am flexible..haha tell that to my arthritis

Michelle-I think it is wonderful what you are doing for the pups-I know how it could be very disruptive to a household tho-especially with two dogs added-and hopefully it will become easier as time goes on-and they accept Ben more-I worry about your husband-how has he been with all this? I know it can add more stress to the whole thing too. I am so proud of you for hanging in there with your eating and I am expecting to celebrate with you meeting your goal --you give me such inspiration for meeting mine in due time!

Feel better MichelleHu--hang on and keep the weight loss going!

Jeanne
Old 10-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
I love the idea of going to Valentine's Day.

May I suggest Vivacious for Valentines or Victorious by Valentines??

Monica--- I think I have them until they are adopted. Whenever that is.
I love Victorious by Valentines! That is GREAT!

We are going to get Pip Trained. That little dog has what I call "little man syndrome". She tries to make everyone think she is big by barking and acting tough. The barking is driving us nuts. We have a lady at our church that does board/train. She keeps them for 7 days and takes care of things and shows/teaches you the commands that they will respond to. I can't wait. We meet with her on Tuesday to see what she suggests and when she can do it.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #641

Jeanne - there are a few places that have frost this a.m., but not everywhere. It has been cool in the mornings but not COLD!

had a good DD yesterday, but weight was still the same this morning. 171 for me! I won't make my challenge goal, I know, WHAT's NEW with that???? BLAH!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

have that cloud of doom this morning--hate that feeling-anxiety to the max-didn't sleep last nite either-gotta get busy and do something productive--I like the name of the challenge!

Monica--I can buddy up with you not meeting your goal--it's a habit I would like to break-of course we aren't at the end --YET! unless I go on a starvation diet-I don't think even that would do it at this point! but I will just go on and keep going! Valentines is another chance!!!

have a great day--46 is the high-Thursday is supposed to be the coldest nite-I hate to start the furnace but it looks like I am going to have to do something-this house stays pretty warm since it is brick and we insulated again a couple years ago-but ... my tootsies are getting cold when I sit down! gotta get busy!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #643

Hey Jeanne, any updates on the new grandbaby GIRL????
Old 10-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

the baby is doing great--just got some new pics today-of course they are from a photographer and I can't copy I don't think-I will get some the kids say when I am there or they show up up here-so far she is still having blue eyes which is what Nate was hoping for-the doc put her on a diet-she is a piggy-and had cholic from over-feeding I think! but she is doing better now with some overpriced gas drops-I am anxious to make a trip up-poor Rachel has to return to work next week-she has been lucky enough to be off since her birth but it sure has gone fast!

I think Pip better behave during that training--too cute-we were lucky enough that our Airedale was still healthy enough that she was a great trainer for Dolly--she was the best dog and really did teach Dolly everything that she now does as far as being a great dog! I am not sure I could have been that good at teaching her. I still miss my Sydney girl! but Dolly does a good job of filling my heart!

Michelle-I am really wondering if I would volunteer as a foster if it meant a forever home to dogs that never get adopted--does that happen? often? or if you can't continue to keep them do they go to someone else? that would be disrupting them again I know but sometimes things don't work out in the long term. just thinking out loud here.

really cold here today--I am thinking seriously about turning on the heat! the wind is not helping either! brrr. I have been thinking about chili soup all day!

later gals
Old 10-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #645

Jeanne - OH I can't wait to see the pictures! Sounds like she is doing really well. How is big brother adjusting??? Pip is a mess. I do believe I need to buy her a doggie sweater. She shakes so much when she is cold! Last night I could have CHOKED her. I was letting Jessie in and she bolted out the door to the back yard. She went NUTS barking at the neighbors dog and I couldn't get her to stop or come to me! I wanted to KILL HER! I didn't, but I kept thinking, I will let Emily train you and maybe just let her keep you! I would never do that....but man was I mad!

I brought soup in with me today too! Warm up from the inside out!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-10.html
Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Pip definitely needs training if she won't come when you need her too--that is aggravating I know-will the trainer use treats? I think that is a helpful resource-I know Dolly will come for a cookie and can get her to do anything for a treat.
I
Hope work calms down for you--it is a good thing for job security right? errands to run today-the coldest night of the season tonite-25! yikes-I want a real fireplace-we have gas logs! and they still sound loud when turned out-can't tolerate it the noise with the tv! I will have to break down and turn on the furnace!

keep trucking on girls-we have a week to hit it hard!! Bill wants the amish buffet tonite-I am getting good at just having the salad bar when going there
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday ladies.

Jeanne--- It does happen that the fosters remain permanent because no one wants them. It is sad to think of but that is the reality of people these days that everything is disposable. And old dogs aren't what young families want. Although after fostering these two older dogs I would much prefer an older one now then a pup. Pups are so much work.

On a positive note I have a 72 year old woman coming today at lunch to meet them. She sounds great and for what she describes she wants out of the dogs she will love Dayders and Daisy. She wants active to go for walks with her and quiet to cuddle with. She wants lighter dogs because she says she is too old to handle 80 lbs that she is use to. She wants a pair so they are not lonely. These are perfect for her. So keep your fingers crossed for my foster babies.

Jeanne good luck at the buffet. I know you can do this. ou have been very strong this challenge and you can keep that up for another week for sure.

Monica--- I hope the training for Pip works out. If it does I'll send Ben down there. He doesn't come when called and he won't stop barking...ever!!!!! Everyone says it is little dog syndrome but I have met other little dogs that don't bark and I want that!

Anyways, I have to tidy up a bit before the lady gets here. Wish me and the dogs luck please.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I am so hoping this little lady takes the dogs-they sounds perfect for her and her for them!! saying a little prayer! I guess we are lucky with Dolly-she is not a big barker-and she minds like a tropper--she always comes-always! and I think it is because we gave her a small treat when she was little when she came? and occasionally we still use that when she comes-it just reinforces the habit! I still thank Sydney for training her-we got lucky with her-she was a perfect big dog-not sure how we got her to be so good but she never barked either-Dolly is more verbal than even Sydney but not bad-she doesn't leave our yard and the other day we were trimming the shrubs and trees and forgot to close the fence in the back yard-we didn't realize for several days that the fence gate was left open-Dolly has free access to the back yard at all times and she never left at any time..she never leaves our boundary even when other dogs are out there--she somehow knows to stop?

Well-I am determined to dust today-tomorrow I am going with Val to Evansville to the Oncologist so I will be also shopping and home late-her appt isn't until late so we will be doing some shopping for sure. I can two chances to be good before the big weigh in on Monday-I guess I will have two weigh ins next week-one for Monday and one to finish up the challenge...

Good luck Daisy and Daydar-did I spell that right?
Old 10-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #649

Quote:
Monica--- I hope the training for Pip works out. If it does I'll send Ben down there. He doesn't come when called and he won't stop barking...ever!!!!! Everyone says it is little dog syndrome but I have met other little dogs that don't bark and I want that!
Interesting you say that. I telll everyone that PIP has Little Man syndrome. She has to make herself seem BIG so she sounds/acts it! It is infuriating!!!!!! Let us know what the lady says! That would be great! Thrilled she wants to keep them together.

Jeanne Not sure how she will train Pip. Honestly, don't care. We meet her on Tuesday so we will find out then. So tomorrow is the appointment Jeanne??? I will be thinking of her/you then!

My bs crashed. ARGH! I am up to 600c for my DD and it is only 1:30. GRRRR Not sure why randomly it will crash like that. Oh well, it will be a higher DD than normal! SUCH IS!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #650

Jessie our older dog. She has never barked, always came when told and in general is AWESOME! They estimated she was 1 when we rescued her. MAYBE I somehow trained her. The barking, that is just how she is. The come command, well that must have been us, but I don't remember how. We have had her for 10+ years!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:47 AM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

dang-I was hoping to come in here and see good news about the dogs being adopted-no news-hope that doesn't mean what I am afraid it does!

won't be here too long-will be headed out with my friend Val to the oncologist--I am hoping he will not have too bad of news since her cancer was contained to the breast and nothing in the lymphs-we are being positive! thanks for the prayers and good vibes girls!

It is 28 this morning-with a wind chill of 21-it is too early in the fall-is it fall? or winter to be talking wind chill--I have had my muk luks on all week-and dolly has her coat on over her sweater now when we go out! and her heated bed is now plugged-we have all the signs of winter! she gets under the covers at night too.. what we do for our babies. we did have some small spit balls yesterday!

I did well at the amish buffet -I have gotten used to going there and turning down the desserts! they always have a salad bar with ranch dressing and green beans-and fried chicken-I get a wing and have the green beans and a salad..it is filling-and then I come home and later have some lowcarb ice cream--oh-forgot to say I found a new item-Hersheys has a sugarfree syrup for ice cream-strawberry-they probably have had it and I never knew it until know-it is made with erythritol-does not affect blood sugar-and it tastes good-it is runny-not like the old chocolate-but it has good flavor--the area where the sugar free chocolate should be was empty-so I am assuming that it now has the erythitol too and was sold out--I will be watching for it--I had to pick up the Walmart brand that has the sorbitol.

the grand just got locked out of her house without her car keys-she just took my car! the first time she is driving it! with her brother to school! I used to keep a set of keys-somehow they returned to their house-I need them back!

have a great day!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne-- I wish you and Val well. All my positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Well the lady met the dogs and loved them. She really wants them. So she left here and was going to contact the owner of the rescue. I haven't heard anything yet. I sure hope nothing goes wrong because she seemed just perfect and most importantly Dayder and Daisy loved her too. So I just sit and wait.

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me. Again I am hopeful. My clothes are feeling looser so fingers crossed that maybe I will make my goal for this challenge early and can begin working on my next goal.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

yeah-Michelle-I am thrilled for the dogs and for you! will keep praying for the adoption to work out--I am ready and just waiting for Val-thanks for your good thoughts--we both appreciate it so! I am positive you will meet your goal tomorrow-and don't relax-keep working on the weight for the next goal-you can only add more pounds off-you are inspiring me to hit it hard this week-I have had more salads that ever this week--I know Val will take me to the Chinese buffet-that soy sauce always adds some weight-but I will try to flush it out! I feel good today with that sun shining--those gloomy days sure do a number on my mood! I guess that is why I mow? we had a heavy frost again today-my mowing appears to be over-I am glad!

Michelle-how long does it take for the little lady to find out if she gets the dogs? I am so very happy for everyone if this works out..
Old 10-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know how long it takes. I know she filled out an adoption application and she was expected pending a home visit. So maybe I have to wait until some one from the rescue can go visit her house which is out of the city. Your guess is as good as mine. I know she would have liked them by Sunday, but I know nothing.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #655

OH MIchelle that is GREAT news!!!!!!!! How awesome for her and the dogs! You will rock the weigh in tomorrow. Just consider it extra pounds off for the next challenge.

Jeanne - how did things go for you and your friend yesterday? How was the appointment? The shopping??? Do tell!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

Well everything seems finalized and my two fosters are leaving tomorrow afternoon. It will be a bittersweet departure. I love these guys already, but on the other hand taking two in at once really changed things around here and I wasn't quite ready for so much disruption. But they are going to an excellent home to live out the remainder of their lives and they deserve such a nice new "mom".
Old 10-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #657
Major LCF Poster!

great news Michelle--so happy for you and Daisy and Dayder too--they are getting a great home and you and Ben can get back to normal--I can only imagine the turmoil the house has been with two new pups running amuck! you have done a wonderful thing and I am proud to know you!

well-Val's tumor is not estrogen fed--a very good thing--she has to have some cardiac tests run before she can start radiation-no chemotherapy-she will have the radiation closer to home-about a half hour away from us rather than going over an hour away like today--it will probably be for 7 weeks but not sure yet-it all depends yet on her echocardiogram results-it all just takes time-but things are positive I told her that it is not estrogen fed!

later girls-time to kick back!
Old 10-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Great news for your friend Jeanne!

And the dogs are being adopted! Great news all around. We always had to take a break in between fosters. But we always went back and picked up another 1 or 2.

Had 6 inches of snow on the ground but it rained last night so most is gone, woohoo! Had no power for a day, something blew at the power station. Hate that cause no internet, can deal with no tv but no internet and I am not a happy camper. Candles everywhere have to put them all away today. So when the power went out was caught totally unprepared, so didnt do well food wise. Back on plan, thats life gotta roll with it.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Drum roll please! I not only achieved my goal but exceeded it. I am now 173.6 lbs. I am elated. It is the first challenge i actually did what I set out to do. Thank you all for your support. I could not have done it without you!

I will celebrate with a big steak and roasted cauliflower for supper. That wouldn't have been my celebratory meal a few months ago. It would have carbs in it. And that is what got me back up to the 190s.

Now to finish this week/challenge off with my head held high and look forward to our next challenge. A little more difficult for me beacause I love Christmas goodies, but I got to try.

Well I am off to play with my fur babies and enjoy them before they are picked up and gone to their new home. There will be tears I know. I hope everything works out for them. The lady has two weeks to return them back to rescue if things don't work out, so I can't say they are gone forever yet. But I feel really good about this.

Have a great Saturday all.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats Michelle--I knew you were doing this! no doubt in my mind!!! you are rocking this challenge-and all during a stressful time to--how important is that to you--it is important to realize that you can do it when you are stressed you don't have to eat!!! you are the master of your habits!!! a very important stage in your control over your eating!!! I am learning from you!!

I didn't get hardly any soy sauce on my grilled items yesterday at the Chinese buffet-much better results with the swelling and water retention-hope this means I will do better with my own weigh in on Monday-I am do a big whoosh this month-too many half pounds and stay the same Mondays--I Need it soon before the end of the month lol!!

Michelle-you need to try some new recipes before Christmas too-I keep saying I am going to do that but I haven't started yet--I am probably doing thanksgiving so I better get started!

MichelleHu-the past is the past-get back on the horse and keep going-you are doing great-don't let a day or two derail you-it just probably shook up your metabolism enough to get you rolling again-keep charging forward!

hugs to the fosters from Dolly for a great new forever home--I am sure they will get lots of love in their new home--so glad they get to stay together--you were a great temporary mom Michelle
have a great day ladies!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-26-2013 at 07:53 AM..