Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Anna--Sorry to hear of your uncle. You are in my prayers and I hope you can feel a great big hug from me.

Jeanne--- I am so happy for you and Val. That is winderful news and I hope you do celebrate. Life must be celebrated. It is so short.

Monica--- I am sorry to hear about your headache. I feel for you. I hope it is all gone now.You must be so proud of T. He is one awesome kid. And we all know DD is following in her big brothers footsteps. You are truly an exceptional mom.

Michelle-- Bullies are the worst. I hope yor DD doesn't get too affected by this. I wish there was a way I could help out. I hate bullies!

My dinner went very well and the desserts were a hit. If your going to serve a carby dessert at your Thanksgiving day dinner, I highly recommend the pumpkin praline spice cake I made. It was unbelievable! (And super easy to make)I ate one piece of that and a 1/2 dozen pumpkin caramel cookies and stopped at that. What the guests didn't eat. I threw out. I hated wasted the food but I offered it to my guests to take home and they refused. They didn't want all the calories either. So when I did my cleaning after they left everything carby went straight to the garbage. Thanksgiving cost me 3 lbs. I am back to 179 but back on the wagon today and more determined than ever.

It's been a long hard day. Time for bed. So until tomorrow, goodnight my cyber friends,

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I felt the warm of every good thought, prayer and hug. Means the world to me.

Talked to my aunt yesterday afternoon. I am not going, but we will connect later. They have 5 adult kids between them, second marriage for both. So she has a house full. I will spend time with her later.....when things are quiet.

Again, many thanks.

Check back later

xo

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #603
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Michelle - I knew your dinner would be a HIT! I bet everyone was MAJORLY impressed with your spread. You are so good to do that for the family every year! Way to go! 3 pounds that will be gone in no time. You can't get back these times, so you have to enjoy them!

Anna - prayers to you all. Going when things settle down is a great option. That is when people tend to move on and forget the loss.

zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #604

It's HUMP DAY LADIES!!!!!!!! I have conferences for DD12 today. I am also in charge of the conference meal tonight for the teachers. SUCKER is what I am. Thankfully we had a ton of people offer to bring stuff so I only had to make deviled eggs for this. Also making a breakfast casserole for DS14's school. Conferences wrap up there tonight. I only have to go back for 1 of his teachers.

170.6 today. Had a really good DD yesterday 560c. That's great for me!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Isn't sad the state of affairs that we see girls arrested for bullying for the suicide of another girl? MichelleHu-it is scary nowadays to have a child who is subjected to this type of abuse at the hands of another child-our children shouldn't have to go thru this type of thing in their school years-or any year! makes me furious! as parents we need to be vigtilant to all the social media to stay on top and that makes it doubly hard--as a grandparent-I see what my son and dil go thru with my own grands and I never had to do that thankfully-they watch all her social media weekly including taking her phone and reading her messages all the time-it is something they agreed to when she got her phone-It has been eye-opening for sure-as a Junior now I think there has been some she wishes they didn't see! but living in a rural area and going to what I call an amish school there is a large amount of stuff going on there that I think you would see in a big city school--shocking to me--so apparently some things go on no matter where you are! including bullying! sad but true!

Michelle--good for you girl--you made great decisions and had a great time too--I am hoping I do as well--if I take one bite of sugar I am a goner--so at this time I am planning to stay on my plan this year--the first time ever I have said that--we will see-I am thinking about my blood sugar this time!

Monica-loved the hump day! you are not a sucker--just a great parent!

Anna-I know your Aunt will appreciate your visit later down the road and I know she loved your call--hugs my friend.

cloudy and cool--love this weather-waiting for frost so I can quit MOWING! Planning on trimming all the shrubs and mini-trees in the landscaping this weekend-they needed it in the summer-but just didn't have the time-where did the summer go-and the fall? I am behind somehow--still working in my canning kitchen-got the shelves up and my jars of produce on them-they look good. now to get my equipment all rounded up and ready in one place! more work later for the bad weather.

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
What day is it? Guess what day it is? Yep the kids at DD's school love that commercial gotta say we are guilty in this house too but I guess at school it gets crazy now in between classes they have a not in class rule for hump day wednesdays now. Early teens gotta love em' since we cant ship them to another planet ~ yet!!!

Tons of work to do today, will see how far I get. Still stuck weight wise, uggghhh. Happy hump day everyone!!!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #607

Michellehu - that is hilarious! no hump day in class now. Heck, I had never seen the commercial as I don't watch live TV anymore. I DVR everything and blow through all commercials. This weekend my sister brought it up on utube so I could see it! It IS funny!

Jeanne - slow down girl! Frost will be here before we know it...and then snow! but I love snow!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Things are same ol same ol around here. Had a productive day at work today and paid lots of bills. It is always a good feeling when all the bills are covered. I hate when we fall behind, but for the mosdt part this year even with the sewer issues I have been able to stay on top of everything.

Gave blood yesterday so by the time I get home from work I'm sure I will feel drained and it will be an early evening.

Still no cravings from cheating this weekend. I am so impressed with that. Now to buckle down and get these 4 lbs off before this challenge is over in two weeks. I want to complete this challenge with the goal I set out for myself. There is only 2 weeks to Halloween. Wow!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-good for you getting right back on plan--that is something hard for me to do!! and paying your bills after the sewer issue!! well-that is a Thanksgiving extra for sure! a good feeling anytime of the year! I am sure you will make that goal--it helps to be focused and this time I feel we are more focused than usual! it is a good thing going into the holidays!

We have rain today-no mowing for me-I am loving the procrastination it provides me--need to figure out something for dinner-it is 47 degrees-have any of you tried the pasta by Dreamfieds? I have heard it is not lowcarb but I do have a box of it in my pantry-hate to try it if it is not?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:56 AM   #610

OH Michelle, if I remember correctly, I had challenged myself to be at 165....I have 5.6 pounds to get there. I am 100% certain, that won't be happening! All well, I think I am at minimum maintaining!

Jeanne - I never did the LC Pasta, when I wanted "noodles" I made them from Zucchini!

It's Thursday - FRIDAY - EVE all! DD12's conferences went well. All of her teachers gooshed about her. One, I have known for many many years and this is the first time he has had either of my children really went on and on about her. Said he has seen her go out of her way to Help others, others that a lot of kids just ignore. He said, I find that amazing and it speaks volumes for YOU and HER. To be like that in 6th grade when the CRAP and DRAMA all starts is awesome. He really did make DH and I feel proud! I just pray that her BIG HEART doesn't get broken a lot because sometimes that is what people/kids do! Anyway, all was well there. Tonight I get to read at the elementary school. I know I don't have kids there anymore, but I love Dr. Suess! SO I get to go have my tongue tied in front of them!

Here's to a GREAT Thursday all!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-10.html
Old 10-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Finally dropped a lb woohoo. I wrangled the whoosh fairy and am keeping her for a few days so anyone who wants to stop by can. She is demanding bacon and eggs for breakfast sounds yummy, think I will do turkey bacon less salt.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne--- I have tried and still use Dreamfields. I have heard conflicting things about it too, so I won't use it on a regular basis. But when I have used it, it did not set off cravings or cause any bloat or any nasty side effects. And it is very, very good. It is the same as regular pasta. They do say not to over cook it as that is what changes the chemical structure or whatever and then makes it higher carb. But in maintenance I use it once a week and in weight loss mode probably once every couple of weeks. If I knew for sure about its low carb value I would use it everyday. It is that good.

Monica---Good children come from good parents and you and your DH are simply the best! You are such an inspiration to be a better person. Thank you.

Michelle--- WTG on that lb. I'm sure a few more are coming your way this week. I'm hoping to find your fairy by the weekend to get rid of those Thanksgiving pounds.

All's good here in doggy world. Ben is still trying to fit in. He played tug of war with Dayders this morning but that ended in a scrap so everyone is in a time out right now. Oh well better luck next time.

Off to work for now... Later girls!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--I am not the least surprised about those great remarks about Haven!! she is just a sweatheart and those great traits were instilled in her from her parents from the start--gotta love both of those kids! you did good!!

Michelle--thanks for the reminder--14 days to the end of the challenge! we need to make it count! go for the gold! we can hope for the whoosh fairy--I am due one for sure-these half pounds don't cut it all the time! I still want that chocolate chip big cookie on the Papa John commercial--all to myself!

Congrats on the pound MichelleHu--you are going to be in that dress!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #614

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Finally dropped a lb woohoo. I wrangled the whoosh fairy and am keeping her for a few days so anyone who wants to stop by can. She is demanding bacon and eggs for breakfast sounds yummy, think I will do turkey bacon less salt.
are you sure that Turkey bacon has less salt? I think from everything I have read, Turkey bacon has twice the salt of regular bacon. You might want to check this.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
I still want that chocolate chip big cookie on the Papa John commercial--all to myself!
Doesn't that LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #616

Michelle - Thank you for your kind words. That is funny about the DOGS! It does take time for them to get used to each other. We were lucky, Jessie our older dog, she is SOOOOO laid back, she has never really been aggressive with anything, much less Pip our new dog. Now, PIP has even been able to get some play out of Jessie, which I didn't even think was possible!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Hi Girls

Quote:
jbatchelor Monica--I am not the least surprised about those great remarks about Haven!! she is just a sweatheart and those great traits were instilled in her from her parents from the start--gotta love both of those kids! you did good!!
So true....WTG Monica

Quote:
MichelleHu Finally dropped a lb woohoo

Quote:
Michelle204 All's good here in doggy world. Ben is still trying to fit in. He played tug of war with Dayders this morning but that ended in a scrap so everyone is in a time out right now. Oh well better luck next time.
LOL just like kids. I do hope they warm up to Ben soon. He is such a good boy for sharing his mom.

Quote:
jbatchelor Michelle--thanks for the reminder--14 days to the end of the challenge! we need to make it count! go for the gold! we can hope for the whoosh fairy--I am due one for sure-these half pounds don't cut it all the time! I still want that chocolate chip big cookie on the Papa John commercial--all to myself!
I have been eating to much chocolate (90% dark Lindt) I keep letting myself for STRESS!!

Anyway just wanted to say HI

And Happy Friday Everyone.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #618

Anna - as you should! How are you doing? I have been thinking/praying a lot for you!

Yesterdays DD wasn't the best and the scale confirmed it! 172.2 BLAH!

In a funk. Very tired lately. Maybe the headaches are causing me issues. I don't know, but my give a crap button seems turned off right now! Need to dust off and MOVE ON!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Well now I am going to have to double check my turkey bacon, thanks for the heads up supposed to be low sodium kind will make sure...

Was out yesterday went to Moms it was her birthday so spent time with her had a nice convo, just us had coffee and she made a gluten free non red-red velvet cake which I brought home for dd and dh didnt have too much trouble not sticking my finger in it. Thought about it but the next 3 lbs are top priority. If I have a historic whoosh tonight and hit 210 tomorrow I will stick my finger in it if there is any left. DD and DH must have thought it was extraordinary because they ate half of it. Or its the deprivation as they would call it that they live under, as if! I know they are out in the world being sneaky with sweets and potatos. Geez they even had a plan last week to make mashed and gravy. Mashed and gravy aroung here is a plan.

What a tyrant I am ~ no potatos

No plans for the weekend, I like quiet weekends!

Last edited by MichelleHu; 10-18-2013 at 05:43 AM..
Old 10-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #620
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chigirlhere
Stats: 246/202.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 11, 2013
Good Morning!

It's been a crazy week. I had 3 days of vacation but I feel like I got nothing done. Cleaned the garage so I can get my car in it...yay! Found Mice in my garage which is stressing me out!! I have traps and bait and so far we have caught 2 mice. Yesterday..my computer wouldn't work...and due to a job change I am looking for a part time job to help with the holidays. so far no luck. I am so stressed out. There are a tray of cookies at work and I want one so much. So far I have been a good girl.

did not have a good week on weight loss this week. I jumped up almost a pound and a half and then slowly went back down. I have been really good watching my carbs so I do not know what happen. I did have a cup and a half of chili on wednesday but I saw the spike before then. Today, I am at 217.1. I do not believe I will make the 210 goal by the end of the month. Thats ok. Slow and steady....

I haven't been out walking since Monday. Having knee and hip problems so I am trying to rest. Kinda bums me out. I was really trying to hit a 60 mile goal. I hope I can get out a bit today.

I am going to try and catch up on posts later as I have to go to work right now. Have a great day!
chigirlhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Chigirl---Don't lose you determination .You will certainly get there. Maybe post up your menus and we could take a peek to see if we spot some culprit .

Monica--- How are you feeling today? Maybe it is time for you and your DH to go away for one of those romantic getaway weekends. Do you have any plans for one of those?

Michelle--- Way to go on saying no to the cake. I know how hard it is to just say no. And a belated happy birthday to your mom.

Jeanne---Has the frost hit there yet? It has here and this weekend we might just be getting snow. That reminds me doesanyone know if my new puppies would be familiar with snow? Does Collins, Missouri get very cold? Will they need sweaters? So far they are doing great.

Well my Thanksgiving gain is gone! Back to 176.2. That means 1.2 lbs to go in 12 days. I am going to try so hard. I do not want to fail this challenge like I have failed the last 10 or more.

Have a great Saturday everyone.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-Missouri does get snow! and cold weather--but Dolly is the only dog we have had that is cold natured--she has her sweater on this week-I put it on her one day this week when the outside temp is now in the 50s-but all the other dogs usually don't need coats or sweaters-just watch for shivers-Dolly shivers like a person when she is cold and curls up in a ball to preserve her warmth-you will know if they are cold! I know they are older too-it will depend on their activity level-Dolly doesn't get enough-she is mellow and low-key--if she had a buddy she wouldn't be quite as chilly!

Good for you losing your Thanksgiving weight-no way you are not making it to goal--so very proud of you--you give me inspiration!! that big cookie commercial is driving me nuts! I need to bake!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Well guys I made it out of the teens, thats cool. Football and nascar today, flipping 3 channels. Glad Kyle Busch wasnt hurt in the truck race last night, thought he might have been when he got out of the truck and just sat up against the wall for a long time. Off to fill the coffee cup....
Old 10-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #624
Senior LCF Member

MichelleHu WTG so happy for you!! You will make your goal. Glad you got to spend some time with your mom.

jbatchelor, just a special Hi, how is your bs these days. I too want to "bake" something. So far I have been making Atkins pumpkin pie, no crust. Put extra cinnamon on it for the bs.

michelle204 Yes, you lost the Thanksgiving weight! And that was fast, good for you. Glad the new kids are doing good. And as Jeannie said it gets cold in MO, a real 4 seasons kind of place....I miss it so......

chigirlhere, how are you doing. I understand the stress. Even when I'm good, really good, seems the stress makes the weight hang on my tummy. Hugs.... we are all here for you.

zipp2play, I'm ok. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. It has been a tough year. sigh.....lots of stress with adult children, hubs t2, then I found out I have really low throyid, no vit D, vit A and other things. And it is all fixable, anyway the reason I memtioned all that. I was really tired, and in a funk. Maybe you should have some blood panels done. Just a ideal. You are working full time, doing so much with the kids.....you just got a lot on your plate. Take care of yourself for all the people that depend on you. hugs

Well, 8:30 bed time for me. We had the g-daughter this week-end. No rest, I'm tired. But happy tired, I miss her so much. Hope you all have a great week. I will check back soon.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Hello girls-another one of those nites-made some pumpkin spice coffee-should be good but not as good as regular with my creamer--maybe I can pass it off to somebody else-I need to quit buying new stuff!

Anna-my sugar is still too close to the line-barely under-no reason for why some days it is better than others-I stick close to the same menu everyday? I feel for you dealing with thyroid--I had half of mine removed one year and the other half removed the following year-it took a couple of years before I found the doc I have now to get me regulated-I gained a bunch of weight-and then this year I had to be decreased 4 times-that hurt with some weight gain again-and now no losses--it is no fun dealing with thyroid plus other health issues--hang in there--you can do it-and it will get better-the tiredness -not sure that gets better--I think its old age for me! those grands will do it too!!! they exhaust me!!

I am not sure if I want pumpkin now after the pumpkin coffee fiasco! uggg!

later~
Old 10-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #626
Senior LCF Member

I hope they get you all straightened out with the thyroid, glad you found out tho so now it can be addressed.

It snowed, first of the season, no denying winter is here anymore. Supposed to snow off and on the next few days with no warm up. Yuck. Wasnt a great summer was hoping for a real long autumn. Got about 2 inches. Animals seem perturbed when they all ran for the door this morn and came to a dead stop in the doorway, they all got that holy crap look!

Few days left for this challenge, are you all sticking together for another one. Going to do 3 months again? Got a new plan stan? I will hop on the losers' bus gus......
Old 10-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
zipp2play, I'm ok. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. It has been a tough year. sigh.....lots of stress with adult children, hubs t2, then I found out I have really low throyid, no vit D, vit A and other things. And it is all fixable, anyway the reason I memtioned all that. I was really tired, and in a funk. Maybe you should have some blood panels done. Just a ideal. You are working full time, doing so much with the kids.....you just got a lot on your plate. Take care of yourself for all the people that depend on you. hugs

Well, 8:30 bed time for me. We had the g-daughter this week-end. No rest, I'm tired. But happy tired, I miss her so much. Hope you all have a great week. I will check back soon.
Thank you so much for the cares/concerns. If these headaches continue, I will see the DR. I am going to be calling them today, I may see if drawing my blood while I'm there is an option. I am hypothyroid and have been on meds for years for it. That doesn't mean my thryoid levels haven't changed. Thank you so much for mentioning that.

How special you were with the Granddaughter this weekend. I am sure fun was had by all!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #628

Michellehu - first snow! WOW is that early for you???

Michelle - way to get rid of the Thanksgiving weight so quickly.

Jeanne - I don't ever try new stuff. I tend to be afraid to!

Chigirl - Not a fan of mice here! Way to get things cleaned out
Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post

Few days left for this challenge, are you all sticking together for another one. Going to do 3 months again? Got a new plan stan? I will hop on the losers' bus gus......
I'm in for another challenge
Old 10-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

Dang-we are a hypothyroid groupie bunch of gals! no wonder we are stuck--except for the Michelles-they are going gangbusters and showing us up!!! keep it up girls!

I am stuck-no weight loss this whole week and I worked like a convict on a chain gang!

Monica-let us know what the doctor says-how long has it been since your eyes were examined? more than normal eye strain?

back to it-later