Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hey guys ~ Still here down another pound finally. Not much of anything going on, cruise the boards for a while and get my exercise in, drink water, woohoo....This is my 5th month losing weight feels like a lifetime and I have so far to go. Guess I am feeling like its one of those days. Plus I feel really hungry today and I am never hungry in the morning. Usually that means if I stick to plan I will have a decent size whoosh so water cheers clink for sticking to plan today!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Good morning

Anna-the chips don't bother me--it's the sweet stuff-try making chips with tortillas-that should work for you--spritz them with some oil and then shake some seasoning and then bake them-or Joseph's lavash bread-you can have those as chips too!

Michelle--I could lick the screen with those pics-yummy--I want to be there just for the desserts-I bought Bill 2 dozen donuts yesterday--I told him not to be dragging his feet eating them and he said I can't eat a whole box in one sitting like you!!! he knows me too well!! lol--I have no problem eating a whole box at one time-he has woken up and found a whole box gone-I eat after he goes to bed-that is my binge time! shameful I know!

MichelleHu--WTG on the pound loss-you are doing so great!! I know you will be getting into the dress soon!

Monica--I know it's busy with the boss gone-but it also comes with the knowledge that he trusts you with the ability to take care of the business--a good feeling!!! you can relax and know you are appreciated for that!!

I slept in today--very rare for me-must have needed it! now to get busy--I am going to try to clean my wool rug-I bought some spray that you just spray and let dry and then vacuum up--I figure it couldn't hurt it? we will see!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #573
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
STICK WITH IT MICHELLEHU!!! You can do it!

Jeanne is your friends surgery today?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Nothing much new here. Time for dinner. It is going to be sauted shrimp and brocolli for me tonight. I felt like something different. I have had a lot of chicken and beef lately and just needed a change. I have no idea how to make a sauce with this but I'll try butter and go from there.

Oh I did not know I had to keep the toilet lids done now. And it is probably not what you think.The new dogs don't drink out of it. Daisy puts all her toys in it! She is a spitfire that one. LOL

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #575

It is FRIDAY girls!!!!!!!!!

Our weekend: Today is my DD12's birthday. My baby girl was born 12 years ago today! She brings such love to my life. HER, I can depend on her to always want a hug or to chat on the phone! Today there is no school here, so my parents are driving up and are going to hang with the kids for her day! I think they plan to do Fork N Screen today at 2:15. They are seeing Gravity!

Tomorrow is her softball tournament. We are all going (except DS14, he has debate) and my sister and BIL are meeting us there! Should be fun. We plan to tailgate and cheer on her team!

Sunday DS14 and I will head to SS and church while DH goes with DD12 to softball! Then there's laundry and such!

Should all be fun!

Michelle - that is HILARIOUS! I laughed out loud on that. She puts her toys in the toilet?!?!?! Now that is awesomely FUNNY!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 10-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-your weekend sounds busy enough to me-Wish the DD a very happy Birthday for me!! it sounds like a great weekend ahead!

Michelle--love the quirkiness of the new dog--I think that is an endearing new trait-I would have never imagined that one though! gotta love it!

going to clean a few carpets today-I just use spray foam since they are wool carpets--it just seems to brighten them up a bit-and makes them smell so awesome.. I should have done them sooner with the windows open-it is supposed to get cooler next week so I am trying to get them done NOW-nothing like waiting until the last few days

later gals
Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Well the weekend is here. I have major inventory to put away going to start after my eliptical is done. Bought a hula-hoop but I suck at it, spend more time picking it up off the floor than hula-ing so I guess it helps one way or the other. Getting closer to onederland, dreams of illegal food this morning woke me up practically shot out of bed, it was a freakin smorgasboard of carbola.

K better get my day started, that dog is a smarty pants too funny!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Michelle you really are close now. You are doing so well. I have never been able to hula even as a kid. It is very hard. But like you said whether you are hulaing or picking it up, it is exercise.

Ben went to the gromer today. He is so tiny and cute. He missed his new buddies. When he got home he wanted to play with them so bad. They still aren't warmed up to him yet. They have only played with him a little bit. Maybe by the end of the long weekend they will be closer.

Well it is our Thanksgiving weekend now. Tomorrow is cleaning and starting the desserts. Sunday I am making the turkey and meatballs and then Monday finishing everything off and chowing down. Hopefully I don't finish off the weekend to high on the scale. TOM started today so tomorrows weigh in won't be good already. But I'm tired of beating myself up over everything I put in my mouth. I will be as good as I can and live with the consequences.
So I probably won't be around much this weekend ladies. But I'll be back on Tuesday for sure.

By the way dinner is at 5:30 on Monday so drop by if you can LOL. If you can't I 'll send you some leftovers.

Later girls.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend Michelle-glad you will not beat yourself up--life is too short! I wish I could be there--if I start driving in the morning-haha---I could be there for dessert and coffee-save all the desserts for me!! poor Ben-it won't be long and they will include him--it just takes a little time--it will happen!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Mornin' Looks like today is a bounce day hopefully a new low tomorrow then. Have my work done already woohoo I am rockin that. Gearing up for Christmas already so that is fantastic hope we have our best year ever as long as the politicians dont screw it up. DD wants her hair highlighted so hope I have the energy left for that. Thats it, I am really boring, geez....
Old 10-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

hello ladies--I guess we are back to all ladies--Gregg with 2gs is ? --it is going to be another beautiful day--maybe some rain but questionable--the DH is working so I need to get busy-we may head to Sam's tonite to pick up some shelves for my canning kitchen-hope to work in there tomorrow-and get it straightened up-looking forward to getting that all done and having an easier time canning next year. it will take several weekends to get it where I want it but getting shelves is a big organizational tool that will help!

Michelle-thinking about you baking today--yummy stuff!!!

have a great weekend ladies--I am going to dust --if you saw the layer--you would think I never did that chore!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
As far as I know it is all ladies....so hello girls

Michelle204 hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful. How is your doggie family? I wonder if the 2 new ones are still a little scared. When they feel more at "home" I bet they will include Ben more. I remember when we first got Pepper he would hardly walk around the house.....not any more. Now he has a bed in just about every room!

Jeanne how is your friend? What are you doing this week?

Michelle Hu you are really doing good.

Hi Monica, and anyone I missed.

GTG to bed, early day tomorrow.

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jeanne - have a great weekend ladies--I am going to dust --if you saw the layer--you would think I never did that chore!
LOL Boy I never have time to dust.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #584
Senior LCF Member

Oh man the dust here is insane too, especially in the winter running the wood insert. We have a mantle above it and write things like " Mom please clean" or " get the maid" we do it to tease my mom she hates the dust so writing messages in it like shes the maid bugs her.

Sticking to plan, please send the whoosh fairy....shes probably hiding somewhere chowing down on meat. If you see her tell her I will dust if she comes!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Funny about the maid MichelleHu!

Happy Thanksgiving Day Michelle! Enjoy your day with Family and enjoy your wonderful meal--I am eating those baked goods in my mind! yummy!

Anna--how are your hands holding up--the job getting any better? Dolly has a bed in every room too-two in the living room-and then she even gets in the cats bed in the bedroom where she has several beds-she has special blankets also-and special toys that she sleeps with-she carries her piggy when she is ready for bed at nite to let us know it is time for her to go to bed and she is tired! she has US trained!

Monica-did you survive the weekend girl?

I lost another half pound-am I burning up the scale or what? slow and steady wins the race they say but it sure would be nice for a whoosh--SOON!

time to get busy-later
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #586

Michellehu- did you see a new low? I will tell the WHOOSH Fairy to come your way! How old is your DD?

Michelle - HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO YOU! I bet you are to your eyeballs with kitchen stuff right now.

Jeanne - SLOW and STEADY does win the race...OR SO they say? Not sure how THEY are...probably people that are super SKINNY naturally!

Anna - I hate dusting too. Heck , dust everything today, by tomorrow night....can't tell anything was done! HATE THAT! How are you doing?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #587

We survived the weekend. Friday night we played games with Mom/Dad and were all in bed by 9:30. DD12 Softball all day Saturday, DS14 debate. Sunday DS14 and I did SS and Church. DD12 and DH went back to softball. 3 games Saturday, 3 games Sunday!

Debate, DS14 and his partner came in 2nd in their division! for them!

DD12 won 2 lost 1 on Saturday and Won 2 and lost 1 on Sunday. Their team came in 3rd in the tournament! DD12 pitched a bunch (sad I missed it) on Sunday. She did really well. She was TIRED and fell asleep on the way home.

Successful weekend at our house. Crazy week with conferences and reading night at the elementary school. I am dreading this week! Tonight I head to DS14's conferences and Wednesday are DD12's. It will be crazy! Friday we have a show to do for work! BORING!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #588

OH weight was 172 this a.m.!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Good report to share on my friend Val tonite-she saw the surgeon today-the cancer was contained to the lumpectomy and they didn't find any in her lymph nodes! It was thrilling news for her and me! She does have an appointment with an oncologist in 2 weeks which I will probably go to with her-she doesn't know the exact date or where yet-but we are celebrating for sure--thanks so much for your concern and prayers--you guys are the best cyber friends!!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
jbatchelor Good report to share on my friend Val tonite-she saw the surgeon today-the cancer was contained to the lumpectomy and they didn't find any in her lymph nodes! It was thrilling news for her and me!
Ahhhhhhh Jeanne!! So happy for both of you.

I have had a couple of close calls with that. Scary stuff.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member

So I agree with Jeanne, "you guys are the best cyber friends!!"

I will ask for prayers, kind thoughts....either, both. My uncle died yesterday. I knew it was coming...but who is ever ready for death?

I can't go to the funeral.....so of bitter sweet. But I can't get it all out of my head.

So anyway....
Old 10-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for asking about my hands J. They may be a little better. I know it's arthritis......old age......whatever!!

I am really cleaning up my diet, no chips etc to see if that will help. (and I've gained weight?? hello???) Upping the CO, and eggs/protein, maybe that is why.

Also got on meds for low thyroid, all that is linked somehow.

GTG iron, and work

Everyone have a GREAT DAY

Anna
Old 10-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Anna sorry to hear that, take care of yourself

Still stuck, but I am stronger than the fat sticking to me and will win this war.

Extra water today had a salt craving last night could have had a loving relationship with a salt lick but ate a good bit of green olives instead.

DD is 13 she had some problems at school yesterday with the usual suspects who bully everyone else, its a small group of snotty girls. We will see what happens today DD is a strong girl but junior high politics and the well you know how it is there is always that 1 group that doesnt get along with anyone else and tortures them tries to tell everyone else they suck and we all know what is really wrong those girls have internal issues with themselves. Put everyone else down to make themselves feel better.

Okay stepping down now, Mama bear coming out. Off to start my water and excercise.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Good report to share on my friend Val tonite-she saw the surgeon today-the cancer was contained to the lumpectomy and they didn't find any in her lymph nodes! It was thrilling news for her and me! She does have an appointment with an oncologist in 2 weeks which I will probably go to with her-she doesn't know the exact date or where yet-but we are celebrating for sure--thanks so much for your concern and prayers--you guys are the best cyber friends!!
That is GREAT NEWS! Does she think she will have to do radiation or chemo???
Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
So I agree with Jeanne, "you guys are the best cyber friends!!"

I will ask for prayers, kind thoughts....either, both. My uncle died yesterday. I knew it was coming...but who is ever ready for death?

I can't go to the funeral.....so of bitter sweet. But I can't get it all out of my head.

So anyway....
Prayers to you and your family! Loss is a loss, whether expected or not!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #596

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
DD is 13 she had some problems at school yesterday with the usual suspects who bully everyone else, its a small group of snotty girls. We will see what happens today DD is a strong girl but junior high politics and the well you know how it is there is always that 1 group that doesnt get along with anyone else and tortures them tries to tell everyone else they suck and we all know what is really wrong those girls have internal issues with themselves. Put everyone else down to make themselves feel better.

Okay stepping down now, Mama bear coming out. Off to start my water and excercise.
OH Middle School/JR High is the WORST! My DS14 got bullied horribly bad. So much so we considered putting him in a private christian school! If she can weather the coarse, SHE will be the stronger better person! I have had the "they are putting you down to make themselves feel better" many many times to DS14. He was a big kid then (has since lost 40 pounds and grew 4+ inches in height) and kids are MEAN! Prayers out to her as well!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #597

Yesterday was a TOUGH day for me. I had a MASSIVE headache most of the day and with conferences, I left the house at 7:00 a.m. and didn't return home till 7:30 p.m. Thankfully my headache is just a dull ache today. Yesterday was back at migraine strenghth. Dang weather and sinus'! Today is better, thus far!

Food was good, it was an Up Day!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #598

Conferences for DS14 yesterday....they all raved about him. Makes me wonder if they pulled the wrong child's file! KWIM? I mean, he is a mess at home. School, polite, helps others...Spanish 2 teacher said, he got 100% on a oral test that almost the entire class failed (and most are Juniors in the class and he is a freshman). So even with the head, I felt GOOD inside! If that makes sense??
Old 10-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-so very sorry about your Uncle-do you not have a bereavement policy where you work? that's terrible if you don't! I think you should be able to say good-bye! again-so very sorry for your loss!

If you can get into ketosis-it is supposed to help with anti-inflammatory processes-ie-rheumatory issues and arthritis, getting on thyroid medication should help with the weight loss too--although it sure doesn't help me! hang in there!

time to get busy-the rains are coming-I should be mowing!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-glad your headache is better-WTG for T--he is just an awesome kid!! I need to stay and chat but can't so will be back later--have a great one ladies