Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Hey all,

Just popping in to say I am having THE WORST CRAVING EPISODE EVERRRR. Ugh. I want chocolate, something sweet. I know it's PMS but seriously, this is bad! I might break down and make a ricotta crème with cocoa powder and swerve or something because this is making me nuts. Even though ricotta tends to kind of stall me if I overdo it.

No, I didn't get out for my walk, my son's girlfriend came over and I fixed enchiladas for them and the stuffed jalepenos I was talking about earlier. By the time that got done and I cleaned up, it was time for The Bachelorette (guilty pleasure) and my favorite series currently, Under the Dome. My older son has a doc appointment in the morning and I want to get to sleep but the craving is driving me batty.

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 05:13 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH Michelle , sorry to hear your neck is having issues again. That is now fun!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #33

Kim - I love Under the Dome. I DVR it every week. I am 2 episodes behind in it though. I read online yesterday, it has been renewed for another summer for 2014. I also just started watching The Bridge (on fx) loving that so far. My DD11 loves the Bachelorette. WE DVR that too and this summer she watched it with our Nanny.

I enjoyed my night last night. I watched a bunch of recorded TV. It was rainy and yucky, so I stopped at the grocery store on the way home, got home, unloaded it all and then got in my PJ's and snacked and watched TV all evening. Then I read my book! As fun as it was, glad it isn't always that way. It was a little too quiet for me!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-20.html
Old 07-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #34

Jeanne - how are you girl???
Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Ooh, another UTD fan!!! Awesome! Have you read the book? I read it just before the series started. It's definitely different but no less engrossing. I'm a Stephen King fan anyway

I also watch the Bachelor/ette. Last night was massive drama, holy cow! Mr. Clueless rolls his eyes when I watch those shows, though I couldn't resist pointing out during the last season of the Bachelor, "Tierra" sure reminded me of someone....*cough*the homewrecker*cough*! that made him mad...lol..oh flippin well.

Sounds like a lovely evening to me...I relish those quiet nights alone and don't have them anywhere near often enough. I'm a bit of an introvert I guess LOL

@Michelle, sorry to hear about your neck - I have issues with mine too and yeah that pain is terrible. Hope you feel better soon!

It's raining here and I have zero desire to go out walking in it. Hopefully tonight it will be dry enough to get out there, otherwise I'm heading to the community center and working out there. I cannot slack off!!!!

Last edited by IndieKim; 07-30-2013 at 05:45 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 05:53 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Kim---Were you able to avert the chocolate craving? I eat Lindt 90% chocolate every day because of those chocolate deires. Two squares of 90% has barely any carbs and is very satisfying.

Monica--Glad to hear you caught up on some shows and had some me time. Now you will be re-energized for another round of your crazy busy life.

I still have the headache. I thought sleep would help but it didn't. Off to the chiro again!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hi All would love to join! Hmmm 3 months how is trying for 20 lbs~ sounds about right. Started May 29th~ Down 21, Feel great about that, its a getting healthy change of life for me. Turns out I had to get off the wheat. Wow what a difference that made. So decided to kick the potatos rice and sugar too, you know where that leaves me, can you say LOW CARB.

I miss beer nights but DH and i have had 2 wine nights in the last 2 months. Those set me back a week each time to get the 5 lb water weight off, thats oureageous. Next time I think I will try a vodka sugarfree drink mix type drink see if not having the wine sugars helps, cant hurt.

Off to work on a house we are rehabing. I will check back in the afernoon, take care all!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/151/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Current: 237 lbs
Goal: 199 lbs

My goal is to get under 200 lbs on or before Halloween. I am currently on the Meat and Egg fast.

Let's do this! I am so motivated!!!

Karai
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Welcome MichelleHu and Karai--glad to have you guys join us--when I read about people needing to get off the wheat I really believe I should be doing the same thing--especially when my blood sugar rises like it did today for no reason-I had a lowcarb tortilla yesterday made for wheat flour-is it the reason? I wonder? I had a good blood sugar the day before with no tortilla that day--sure makes me puzzled why it goes out of control with no apparent reason--I was under 20 carbs yesterday--grrr!

anyway--welcome girls

another busy day--been running and still lots more to do today

Michelle1--sorry about your neck--and headache-glad you are seeing the chiro

Monica--I want a week of reading and being along--make that a month-with nothing to do-I asked for a moat around our house!

Kim-count me in for the Under the dome--didn't know there was a book!!!

later girls-

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 07-30-2013 at 09:31 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Michelle,

Yep. I did a ricotta crème, but only 1/3 cup with a splash of cream to thin it out a little and some swerve and unsweetened baking cocoa and a dash of vanilla. It hit the spot....but I will look for that Lindt 90% since as you said it has very few carbs. Is it dark chocolate? I lovvvve dark chocolate <3

Welcome to MichelleHu and Karai! Yep let's do this!

I tried M/E back in the day Karai, and it got me down to 158lbs but I felt horrible, sad to say. I hope it works for you...it does work but I didn't like how I felt after only a few days. How long have you been on it?

MichelleHu, yep, wheat is not my friend either. I made enchiladas last night for the family, but made mine separately with a Lawash 4g net carb wrap which is made mostly of flax I think. It was yummy, even though I had to nuke it rather than bake it with the others. Very filling too

I definitely have to focus on the water intake, I'm SO bad with that....11:30am and haven't had a drop, just coffee so far.

Last edited by IndieKim; 07-30-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #41

Michellehu - WELCOME to our group!! I have celiac, so wheat free/Gluten free is the only way for me!

Karia - welcome to you as well. You ARE indeed motivated. Spread it around here!

Jeanne - good to see you back girl!

Michelle - sorry about the headache. Nothing worse than a constant headache :comfort:

Kim - I knew there was a book, but Stephen King isn't my favorite author to read. Water isn't an issue for me, I drink a gallon of it a day!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
Can I join?

Halloween is my anniversary so we really celebrate it every year! I'm tired of never getting to buy the super cute costumes.

A little backround. My hubbie and I have been together 10 years. I was low carb when we got together and about 180 lbs. Slowly over the years, I started eating like him (can you say sugar addict!!! and gained over 100 pounds!!! wth???!!!!

Went back on low carb in April and I feel great!!

I'd like to lose another 20 by Halloween.

The one thing I'm trying to change is to be more open about my weight issues. I've recently weighed in front of my husband and I'm trying to just talk about it more. These blogs really help. I need to join in more.

Would love to join your challenge!!!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2Lift
Stats: 193/185/150
WOE: Atkins / protein powder
Start Date: 23rd July 2013
Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome My name is Jane - not sure how to do my signature but if I find out, I'll pop it in there.

I've been lifting for a year now, but lifted in my teens / 20's for fun / fitness. I'm only competing as trained with a competitor for a bit and realised that not women compete and being over 40 even less women compete, so figured it was good for my goals to move more weight and keep fit. I love it, I do have a mood disorder so it helps with that and I have the challenge of moods that dip so that breaks up my training sometimes but I cope and am lifting double what I was a year ago so not bad going.

I can suggest a book NROL for Women › The New Rules of Lifting > New Rules of Lifting > Get Lean, Get Strong, Build Muscle. it's not mine so nothing to gain by the link, hope it's ok to post it. it's a great book and you can get a kindle / ebook version if you google it. If you've never lifted, or not sure if you'll bulk up etc etc.. then its' a great place to start. Oh and while we're talking bulking, I can promise you you won't bulk up. Muscle weighs the same as fat, a pound is a pound, however it is leaner and more compact than fat, if you look at muscle it's dense, sleek and elongated. Fat is bulky and bumpy.. women will never bulk up naturally as we don't have enough testosterone, which is why big women body builders etc all look like men.. they inject testosterone to build bulk. they also eat for bulk. So if you don't do that, you won't bulk

anyway enough for now! lol

still on track today and hoping the scale moves significantly this week. i did a ketostix this morning but no go, it's a bit early but figured I'd start testing to see.
Love2Lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome rcookie--I have a husband who can eat and never gain an ounce--if I ate like he did I would be a ton! I sometimes do eat like he does--he loves those amish buffets and I allow it way too often--this is why I look like I do!!--we all have our issues!

Jane--if you click on the User Control Panel up there in one of the Headers on the Left-it will bring up a Column of stuff on the left hand side-all kind of useful stuff--one of those things in your signature--you can put in whatever you want and then go down to the bottom of the page and hit save! that's it--simple--this will be the last thing I will be able to tell you--most of all computer stuff I have to have help with--the technical age is way over my head--the other girls usually help me-lol! thanks for the info on lifting!

hey-I see you have some stats already on your weight so you know about the user control panel--you will find your signature area just fine!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 07-30-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I managed the stats but can't find the signature, was wondering if it's cos I'm a new poster. i'll have another look. Thanks Jeanne
Old 07-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Karai, MichelleHu, and Rcookie. Our little group is sure growing and I love that. The more support and advice the better off we all are. It also encourages accountability. I am all for wheat free. I knew low carb and wheat free was for me back in 2007 when I weighed 262lbs and felt horrible. After being wheat free for a week and I no longer had knee pain or acid reflux. I was still fat after a week but I could tell I fely 100% better. I fell off the wagon big time in March when my 17 year old passed away and I have gained back quite abit. The weight is one thing but I noticed the heartburn and knee pain are back. So I blame the wheat absolutely.

Anyway, I have to make dinner now. Just wanted to pop in and welcome all the new comers. Karai your enthusiasm is contagious. Let's do this

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 07-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DJnatalie
Stats: 5'10" - 309.4 / 296.2 / 155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/19/2013
I would love to join, too!

Current: 296.8
Challenge Goal: 270

Posting on my phone before bed- will get caught up with everyone in the morning and give more info on me

Goodnight!
DJnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:12 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Natalie-you are certainly welcome to join our group-we are getting lots of new people this time-it is good to see-we are usually just a group of three-so glad to have the new people! wow-Nashville--such a neat place to live! you will have to let us all know about the music city! again welcome!

I worked my hiney off yesterday--I don't think I stopped--I am hoping to have a more quiet day today-went grocery shopping for me and mom and then helped her too-did errands and picked garden produce-cooked dinner and sliced a bunch of stuff for the fridge-I never stopped yesterday-I guess it is good but I was pooped yesterday and slept well last nite-that's a good thing-and my blood sugar was a whole lot better this morning-also good-still not where I want it but so much better than yesterday-no rhyme or reason with it however! if it dries out I may have to mow however

Jane-there is something about reaching so many posts before you are allowed some privleges so that may be why you can't see or do the signature yet?
Old 07-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hi Thanks for the warm welcame you all.

Yes in the 2 months since I kicked the wheat I have not had my stomach attack me once. that in itself is amazing since at different points in the last 15 years I have had attacks up to 3 times a week. My attacks are severe bloating and incredible pain. for 8-12 hours then gradually subsiding. I always tell the docs its as if the food comes to this one point in my intestines and refuses to go any further it just will not process any further so it all backs up. No one has ever thought to have me checked for gluten intolerance or celiacs. Many emergency rooms and scans but nothing. So saw the wheat belly author on Dr Oz not really a fan of his but this sure was usefull. And kindled the book and kicked the wheat and no attack since. Well 1 small attack after broccoli who knew I apparently am allergic to that too.

So I have been cooking all wheat gluten free for 2 months and have had no complaints from the family. My mom went gluten free too and she is getting into breads and muffins perfecting recipes. Zucchini, fruit breads no sandwich type breads. So the DH and DD havent felt deprived. Made the cauli crust pizza and wow that was good.

So the half a loaf of store bought sandwich bread that was left went moldy. Told them not to eat it, threw it out for the birds. And have not replaced it. Dh knows I am not going to replace it unless the dd really starts complaing but that was 4 days ago and not a peep yet. I would say they are about 80% gluten free and dont even know it. Will be changing over breakfast cereal as they eat this stuff up. How is the gluten free chex? Do they add other garbage instead?

Hoping for rain so I dont have to go back to the rehab house today man am I sore from yesterday? Ugh! But good sore, worked those muscles.

Have a great day all! Cant wait to get to know you all better!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #50

Rcookie - nice to have you! How fun to have your anniversary be on Halloween! It's one of my favorite holidays each year! I also LOVE Fall. It's just a great time, the colors, the temps! Love it all!

Jane - very interesting! I have lifted in the past, but currently am not. I have a 5 day weight routine that mainly uses my body as the weight/resistance. I haven't done that in months. Maybe you will inspire me to get to it! That would be great!

Natalie - welcome to you too! Sounds like you have a nice goal set for 10/31! Love having you here. Can't wait to learn more about you!

Michelle - how's the neck? Any improvement?

Jeanne - you need to SLOW DOWN girl! Just reading your stuff makes me TIRED! We had rain here too, got over an inch!!!

MichelleHU - I just made some GF Zucchini bread at my house. I had to freeze some of it as I could sit and eat the whole thing in one setting. I use Bisquick for my pizza crust, but I am not LC, I follow JUDDD. GF Chex cereals are good, they taste just fine, but are not GF. Cocoa Pebbles are GF too! I have been GF for almost 8 years now. Any recipe you need, ASK, I bet I have it!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #51

DH is back home! He was gone to KY for a funeral. They got in late last night, so I didn't go to bed till after midnight! *yawn* 5:45 a.m. came awfully early this morning. It is nice to have him back! DD11 is at church camp, but she was able to call me this morning. She is having a blast and loves it. She fully plans on going back next summer! She loves all church camps. Honestly, if she wasn't SO INTO Softball, she would probably do more than 2 each summer! DS14 is at my parents and they are entertaining him almost 24/7. Yesterday they went to Columbia MO to an arcade/laser tag place. From what I gather, everyone had fun.

Yesterday was a DD for me and I kept it to 650c! That's great for me! Today, I will enjoy my UP DAY! Tonight we have dinner plans with friends. Mexican, I think. I will save 1100c just for that one meal!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--glad the hubs got home safely--glad Haven is enjoying the camp-I would save all my calories for Mexican too--smart woman! yummm!!!

I am just here waiting for the yard to dry out a little and enjoying my quiet time before mowing! I am taking it easy for awhile! The more I mow and do yard work the more I think about downsizing! mowing on the tractor and doing all the weeding this year has sure invaded my mind with lots of thoughts of getting rid of this house! by the time Bill retires I seriously think we better have a different plan if we intend to travel-this house and grounds will not let us follow our dream!

MichelleHu--so very glad being gluten free has helped you so much-that is amazing-too bad your docs didn't realize it and try diet long ago! I think having the whole family doing it is great too-it certainly helps with the shopping and cooking-our little walmart even has a section of gluten free now!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/151/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Hi Everyone and thank you for the kind and hearty welcome.

Kim, I have been doing a modified version of M&E since late June. I've lost 25 lbs so far. I heard about the M&E blues, so I changed it up to help me gradually move into ketosis. I started eating M&E at breakfast and lunch. I added a veggie or two to my dinner. Plus, I drank tons of water and green/herbal teas, took supplements too. I think this really helped me to bypass the blues. I then transitioned to veggie cocktails and/egg protein shakes for breakfast and lunch...with M&E and veggie for dinner. So far, so good. Now, I am trying to decide what LC plan to go to after this week. I am still ruminating on it.

Monica, you are right...I am really motivated. I am so tired of being obese! This time, a click went off in my head and I am staying focused to the end.

Welcome to all of us newbies!!

C'mon let's do this!!!

Karai
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #54

Jeanne - is BILL ok with the idea of downsizing upon retiring?? I sure hope so!

Karai - so you started in June and are already down 25 pounds. That is GREAT! You are doing very well. Keep it up!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Hi Monica
Body weight exercises are great! i did them to get fitter at the start and still do now and then if I can't make the gym. You can sure work up a sweat and see progression too. I'm a lover of push ups I must admit but due to a shoulder injury haven't done them for a while. i do things like leg raises in training that are unweighted. And hurt!! lol

I'm a great believer in whatever you do, you should enjoy. Life is too short to feel like a workout is a chore. So do whatever you enjoy and makes you smile

Karai - 25lb down is amazing! Well done I'll be over the moon if I can say the same in 2 months

It's exciting thinking about Halloween, I'm a funny person who although a brit I love Halloween and we have had parties in teh family for about 10 years now. Will be great to be slimmer and maybe I'll get to be a wonderwoman one day! my dream dress up outfit. lol

What do you all do for halloween?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon ladies. Nice to see everyone here and I really feel the commitment from all.

I had another good eating on plan day here as well. I've made it 10 days cheat free and virtually at 20g a day every day except the night I had liver. I am feeling much better now. That wheat/gluten sure do a number on people. I wish I could remember how bad I feel when I eat that stuff so as never to eat it again. But somehow you can talk yourself into eating things that make you sick. Funny how that works.

Well back to work for me. I'll try and check in later.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

What a cute dog you have Michelle! well done on your weight loss journey, truly inspirational. I know the feeling of the finish it once and for all - lets make it 2013 eh!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-Bill is good with downsizing--as long as he gets to keep his gigantic barn! it's where his hoarder fix is manifested! We have actually talked about selling the house and maybe 5-6 acres where the house sits and keeping the barn and building a smaller house in front of the barn and making a new driveway into the new house beside our current driveway-is that making sense-of course we wouldn't have a view of the pond or looking out the back of the house we would be looking at the side of the barn! I am not sure I would care--I am thinking about cutting down all of this work, landscaping, flowers, mowing, stairs, we have 5 steps just getting into our house at every entrance plus going upstairs to the two bedrooms --I am thinking a house with no upstairs! I am just getting tired I think of all the work here--it is really beginning to take a toll on me and I am thinking it is not going to get any easier--just harder... something needs to change pretty soon..sorry for the tangent

Yeah Michelle--10 days cheat free--you got this girlfriend--I am trailing behind--you are my goal to shoot for--keep posting it and I will be following you--tell me about that chia thing you made--I bought chia but I don't know how to make it--share your recipe

Last edited by jbatchelor; 07-31-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

Karai, great job on the loss! I didn't get bluesy or anything really, but I physically felt like crap. Nauseated beyond belief mainly. Once I had some veggies I was ok. Wish I'd stuck with it though!

Natalie, hello and welcome! I love this group of girls already, I'm a newbie too

Monica, glad to hear your DH got home

I'm wondering if you all mind if I post my food for the day and you can give me some feedback.

Breakfast:

2 egg omelet with about 1 1/2 TBSP Harissa (that's an Indian thing, it's lamb that's cooked and mashed into basically a paste with spices added). It MIGHT have lentils in it, not sure how this was made as Mr. Clueless brought it home from work. It's delicious anyway and I only had a little to fill the omelet!

3 cups of coffee with 1 TBSP sugar free Coffeemate Italian crème and 1TBSP heavy cream per cup
3 - 16 oz glasses water

Lunch: Lawash wrap (4 net carbs) filled with a can of water pack tuna with 2 TBSP mayo and romaine lettuce

1 16oz glass water

Dinner: 3 boneless pork chops, fried and seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning
3/4 cup chopped broccoli with I Can't Believe it's not Butter spray
1 1/2 cup mixed greens - romaine, baby spinach, arugula, with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese and 1 TBSP Ranch dressing

I know I need to up the water and am running to the kitchen for more, but how does this look? This is a typical day for me, except the harissa, usually I have 2 strips of turkey bacon or a turkey sausage patty with the omelet.

I walked this morning, felt great...may go again tonight but America's Got Talent is on LOL...at least I don't have to pick Mr. Clueless up tonight from work, he's moved out. Well his stuff is still here, he's getting it after work tomorrow, but he's gone as of tonight!

Last edited by IndieKim; 07-31-2013 at 04:56 PM..
Old 07-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kim--it looks good to me--I love love love and am addicted to coffeemate!! glad to see someone else--I hear and read we are better off not using it due to the transfats and other things in it but I LUV it!! The only thing I am not familiar with is the I can't believe it's not butter spray? don't have a clue about that--I use butter itself strictly

I wish I drank water like you did-I am glad you posted--give me the incentive to increase or at least try to drink water like I should-and there you are walking--makes me at least think about it--maybe I will even give that a shot???

Hang in there Kim--I know tonite and tomorrow will be rough for you--we are here for you!!

all you new people are being a good example for my old self!!!