Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I SURVIVED the weekend!!!!!!! Friday night we ran errands and got as much ready as we could. I didn't sleep well Friday night thinking about it all. So I got up at 5:00 a.m. Cleaned out my DS14's closet (he was staying with a friend all weekend). Then I made jello, set up all the stuff for the party (plates, napkins, cups, chips). THen I had to help DH pull together all the stuff for the Bake sale. We did that and he left the house at 7:25. DD11 woke as he left so I told her, get going and we will head over there too. We left the house at 8:25. We worked the festival all day. I think DD11 and I got home I think at 4:45 and she showered to prep for her party. DH got home at 5:15 and I was frantic. I couldn't get the Karaoke machine to work (that was our gift to her and for her to use at the party). Ended up having to go to Target and buy another one! I got home at 5:45 and the girls started arriving at 6. DH went to pick up the pizza at 6:25 and then we were off. At one point I had to tell everyone no devices as they were all sitting at the table NOT TALKING but on their ipods/phones/iphones and such!

Again, I was asleep in the chair at 9:00 and woke at 10:00 because they were loud again. Told the girls to start the movie and went to bed. At 12:40 I woke and went down to tell them lights out at 1:00. they were all group texting each other sitting in a DARK room! How funny is that? I literally said, well you can keep that up, but no lights, no noise after 1:00. I went to bed and slept till 7:00 a.m.! No more noise!

I got up and went to teach Sunday School then came back home. Most were gone by 11:00 another by noon and the last one left at 2:00! Then at 3:00 we did our service project for the church youth group. DH and I went too. At 5:30 we went out to dinner with out "in town" grandma for her 80th birthday.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-20.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #542

My only regret.....NOT TAKING TODAY OFF as a recover day!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #543

Jeanne a TON of prayers out to your friend all this week and into her recovery from surgery. That surgery is NOT easy and recovery is TOUGH! Just the physical pain, that doesn't even count the emotional pain and then the other treatment options she has to do!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Chigirl --wtg on the new low. You are doing so well.

Jeanne--- Good luck with your mom today hope this second shot does her some good.

Monica---Congrats on surviving the party. You are super mom indeed.

Anna---I so enjoy my 2-3 pieces of Lindt 90% every day. I would not succeed without that reward at the end of the day.

Wel my beautiful babies arrived safe and sound at 8PM yesterday. They were driven here from Halfway Home Rescue in Collins, Missouri. It was an 23 hour drive with them confined to one med. size kennel the whole trip. Needless to say they really wanted to stretch their legs and do some business when they got here. One is a 10 year male named Dayders (terrier cross) and the other is a 6 year old Beagle cross named Daisy. They are sweet as pie and house trained.Ben seems to really like them alot. So that's a big relief. They slept the whole night in the bedroom on their own beds on the floor and dreamed the night away. This morning they both got baths because they stank alot. Right now they are napping. Dayder seems to have an upset tummy but I'm sure that will pass once he settles in and feels comfortable. I have taken pics but can't seem to get them loaded to the computer. I will try my other laptop later and if that doesn't work I'll have to go to work and do it there. I know it will work there.

I'll go check on my brood and get back to you later ladies.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #545

Quote:
Monica---Congrats on surviving the party. You are super mom indeed.
I don't think SUPER I think CRAZY is the word!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #546

Michelle how AWESOME! I can't wait to see the pictures. They are so lucky to have you. I can't imagine driving 23 hours 1 way like that either. Great people at both animal rescues!!!! :clapping: AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
Old 10-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Pics of Daisy, Dayder, and fluffy Ben.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCFN0020.JPG (81.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DCFN0029.JPG (93.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DCFN0019.JPG (74.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
it was so nice to come home and see the new babies--they are beautiful and especially nice to know they are fitting in with Ben--that really makes it easier on everyone! they are really sweet looking dogs-it has to be so hard to travel a whole day and not have a clue what is going on with your life-poor things-I am glad they are with someone like you Michelle--makes my heart sing knowing they will be loved and taken care of the way they deserve to be...

Monica--you deserve a day off for sure--I think maybe two or three --I am tired just reading your weekend--snore snore snore!!! oops, sorry I dozed off there! is it time for a vacation?

time to recoup from today girls--Mom got a shot in her hip and her shoulder--she should be feeling better soon-in three weeks another shot in the shoulder-so with all that steroid she should be feeling better before long! of course we had to go shopping and she could ride the carts! so tomorrow I am mowing--we got 5-7 inches of rain-they said we got more rain in one day than all of august and September--I believe it! Now I am ready for frost! NOW!

Chigirl--better get that camera ready--we want pics of you in that dress!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Michelle204 They are all so cute!! So glad they get along. I don't think Pepper would share very well. You are such a sweet soul to take the older ones.

Monica, I really enjoyed the Blessings of the Animals. It was way to hot, but the pastor gave each dog his/her blessing by their name. And doggie treats. Coffee and donuts for the pet parents. Girl, you need a day off!

MichelleHU that cheese cake sounds to good. How did it taste? I really don't feel like I have time to bake, and if I do, I eat most of it. We just eat very simple. But good to know about the receipe with the Holidays around the cornor.

chigirlhere WTG, I agree with Jeanne we need to see a picture of your dress.

Jeanne....be safe with all the mowing. Hope it is not to hot there.

Later Ladies

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Love those eyebrows on Daisy--makes her look like a Duke! --my Dolly isn't great about sharing either--we tried to bring a dog in last year that showed up around here--she didn't go for it at all--she likes all the dogs when we camp-she likes to smell them and meet them but she doesn't like them in her territory--I guess she has been the main dog too long by herself? if we had brought another dog in sooner it might have worked but not now-she is jealous I guess and it's not worth it making her feel that way. she does love the cat we have though but she has always had him.

Anna--it is chilly here--it is supposed to get down to 42 tonite so mowing will be fine-I may wear a jacket even. I am feeling it is time to bake but I haven't found the time--something pumpkin sounds good-maybe later this week.

cya tomorrow girls
Old 10-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #551
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chigirlhere
Stats: 246/202.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 11, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I SURVIVED the weekend!!!!!!! Friday night we ran errands and got as much ready as we could. I didn't sleep well Friday night thinking about it all. So I got up at 5:00 a.m. Cleaned out my DS14's closet (he was staying with a friend all weekend). Then I made jello, set up all the stuff for the party (plates, napkins, cups, chips). THen I had to help DH pull together all the stuff for the Bake sale. We did that and he left the house at 7:25. DD11 woke as he left so I told her, get going and we will head over there too. We left the house at 8:25. We worked the festival all day. I think DD11 and I got home I think at 4:45 and she showered to prep for her party. DH got home at 5:15 and I was frantic. I couldn't get the Karaoke machine to work (that was our gift to her and for her to use at the party). Ended up having to go to Target and buy another one! I got home at 5:45 and the girls started arriving at 6. DH went to pick up the pizza at 6:25 and then we were off. At one point I had to tell everyone no devices as they were all sitting at the table NOT TALKING but on their ipods/phones/iphones and such!

Again, I was asleep in the chair at 9:00 and woke at 10:00 because they were loud again. Told the girls to start the movie and went to bed. At 12:40 I woke and went down to tell them lights out at 1:00. they were all group texting each other sitting in a DARK room! How funny is that? I literally said, well you can keep that up, but no lights, no noise after 1:00. I went to bed and slept till 7:00 a.m.! No more noise!

I got up and went to teach Sunday School then came back home. Most were gone by 11:00 another by noon and the last one left at 2:00! Then at 3:00 we did our service project for the church youth group. DH and I went too. At 5:30 we went out to dinner with out "in town" grandma for her 80th birthday.
My DD had her very first sleepover birthday party in March...10 girls and they never wanted to go to sleep. I am glad you got to sleep a bit. I had one girl go home at 1 and another try at 4 and I got her to go back to sleep.
chigirlhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:31 AM   #552
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Pics of Daisy, Dayder, and fluffy Ben.
puppies are so cute!!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #553
Junior LCF Member

good morning all!

I will be sure to post pics! I am glad I have some time to keep losing.

I am having some trouble with walking. My left knee is giving me trouble. By the end of the day it is swollen and sore. I walked about a mile yesterday. trying to do at least 3 miles a day. I hope I can get a few more in today.

I am getting requests from family for pumpkin bread. I love pumpkin bread. I am missing all the yummy pumpkin food out there. Last night I walked past a dunkin donuts and they have a pumpkin pie donut...omg I wanted it sooooooo bad!

Does anyone have any lc pumpkin options I could try?

Have a great day!!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Chigirl--I am thinking about pumpkin too--I got this in my mailbox this morning--it's not bread but you could probably convert it?
Nothing better than pumpkin and cream cheese!

Low Carb Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin Recipe | All Day I Dream About Food

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-08-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hi the party went off great, girls had fun bowling. Cheesecake set up perfect and was super yummy. So rich and creamy.

Michelle your new foster dogs are awesome! They will take no time at all to fit in and get in a routine.So great that they got to stay together.

Back on plan but wont weigh till tomorrow. Had a few french fries and too much dip. Havent been drinking my water so suspect I am up a few, try to flush them out literally today.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #556

Michelle - the beagle looks like he has OLD MAN eye brows! HOW CUTE IS HE???? They are all too cute! Are things still going well??

Jeanne - you are too funny girl! SNORING while TYPING! I survived!

Anna - that sounds awesome. Here Sunday was chilly. Cloudy/windy/highs in 50's!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #557

Chigirl - I think there are many pumpkin recipes LC. I think I made one once that had almond flour and splenda!

Michellehu - Flush it out girl!

All well here, just super busy at work and at home! Loving life.........
Old 10-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Well just another day in Michelle's doggy jungle. Everyone is settling in very well. My two new guys are eating and drinking more. Their tummies are still off but getting better. I have never had shedding dogs before and that is a lot to get used to. Wow how do people deal with all this hair everywhere?????? Is there anything that can be done to lessen this?
Oh well as long as they are happy, I'm happy. I just don't want all this hair in my guests Thanksgiving dinner this weekend .

But besides all the new chaos around here I am on plan. Just that one box of cookies set back on Sunday and no other cheats. I'd like to see a loss this Saturday before our big dinner on Monday and I blow it. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #559

Michelle with shedding, the only solution is to try to brush them out often....and that may make no difference. We are down to just tile/laminate/hard wood in all rooms except 1, so we just sweep 2 or 3 times a week!

How long do you get to keep them?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

I have them until they are adopted. I don't know how long that will be.With them being older I'm sure it isn't easy finding a home for them.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Shedding is something I live with too--the cat and the dog both shed-lots! they say schnauzers don't shed-but Dolly sure does! must be the beagle and pug part of her? and the Siamese shed constantly-I think they probably shed worse being nervous-the Siamese sheds like banshee when I take him to the vet-so maybe they are just shedding worse right now due to their nerves and it will lessen when they adjust a little more...

Good going on getting back on plan-I knew you would-you have come too far-and the holiday will be fine too-how is the DH doing with the new occupants?

well-I got part of the yard done today--more tomorrow to come-some cleaning done-never ending --no time for baking
Old 10-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #562
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Hey Chigirl--I am thinking about pumpkin too--I got this in my mailbox this morning--it's not bread but you could probably convert it?
Nothing better than pumpkin and cream cheese!

Low Carb Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin Recipe | All Day I Dream About Food
That looks so yummy! May have to try it

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-what's on the menu for Monday--did you tell us and my senior moments have forgotten it already? I will probably do Thanksgiving this year too-I usually do-but I always go off plan-but this year I am thinking of fixing regular stuff for the family and doing some dishes for me--I need to start baking and trying some things now-I need time management to help with that issue--and frost!

Just got back from errands and the grocery store-put a roast, potatoes and carrots in the crockpot-that should be good for two days --also will be trying a new recipe for macaroni and cheese using cauliflower-will let you know if it's any good-I love cauliflower and cheese so doubt if it could turn out bad-I would eat it.

later gals
Old 10-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #564

Jeanne - Let us know how the cauli-mac-cheese goes!

Life is majorly BUSY! Work and life....trying to stay a float!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Hello from doggy kingdom. Everything is going very well. My two new babies are getting along well and fitting right in. Ben isn't quite sure how to play with them but he tries hard and hopefully soon they will take him in as a playmate too. I took them all to work today but I don't know if I'll be able to do that again. They barked alot when customers came in and that is no good.

As for my T.giving dinner. It will be turkey and stuffing, meatballs and gravy, corn. mashed potatoes, salad. For dessert it will be bacon wrapped cinnamon buns and pumpkin praline layer cake. Hopefully the only thing I eat is the turkey and the salad. I don't want to blow it this time. But time will tell.

Time to make dinner. Hamburgers and spinach salad. I'm hungry!

Monica-- Take some time for yourself, slow down and enjoy.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

oh yes-I vaguely remember you said the bacon wrapped cinnamon buns--see what a memory I have--yikes-I need more coconut oil apparently!! thanks for sharing your menu--you could just sit a large plate down for me and that pumpkin praline cake and I would be perfectly happy to nibble it down to the nubbies during the entire day-no other food-just the cake--that would make a perfect day for me--I have been having those dreams of binging on something big--still trying to make it to Halloween and behave however--I have been too busy to bake-thank goodness for carbsmart ice cream-that stuff saves me!

well-thanks for sharing with your babies-I can see the trio having a great time-I enjoy hearing about them.

time to watch some tv

Nite nite
Old 10-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Just a quick check in.

Jeanne how is your friend? She is in my heart for sure......scary times.

Michelle204 I love all the doggy kingdom updates.

I have been told schnauzers don't shead much. Pepper does very little. But he is part poodle also, they don't shead much. We had a chocolate lab before Pepper. He was in the house, and hair was everywhere. It was awful. I think the only thing that helps is what Monica said, brushing.

Well 3 days back on plan...and I'm still paying for eating CHIPS last week-end. I have a hard time stopping at a handful. I have tried pork rinds, but they just aren't that good.

And all I want to do is eat at work to stay awake, stay forcused, I don't know why. I have things to do. I just like snacking.

chigirlhere let us know if you try any of those pumpkin receipes, thanks for sharing Jeanne. That looks like a neat blog.

GTG to bed.......

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

ere are the pics of the desserts. It will be one or the other cake and then the rolls for my nephew. I tried a test batch for DH and he loves them. And when a fussy man like my husband loves something it really must be good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pumpkin layer.jpg (65.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Pumpkin-Praline-Layer-Cake-63742.jpg (22.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bacon cinnamon rolls.jpg (23.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
As for my T.giving dinner. It will be turkey and stuffing, meatballs and gravy, corn. mashed potatoes, salad. For dessert it will be bacon wrapped cinnamon buns and pumpkin praline layer cake. Hopefully the only thing I eat is the turkey and the salad. I don't want to blow it this time. But time will tell.

Monica-- Take some time for yourself, slow down and enjoy.
Slow down???? What's that!

As for your Thanksgiving dinner...what time? I am SOOOO THERE!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #570

Anna - chips are a HUGE downfall of mine too! I love them. The crunch, the salt, they are just amazing!

Jeanne - how goes it???

I'm here. Work stuff has exploded and boss is away for a few days....that puts me in charge! FUN STUFF, NOT!

It's a DD here....so just thinking of food at this point!