Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Sorry about the crazy post.

It is out of order.

I think my computer is messed up.

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/171.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Anna-no wonder Pepper reminds me of Dolly--she is a Schnuggle--half Schnauzer and half puggle--pug and beagle--she was born on Valentines Day and will be 5 next valentines Day--Bill named her because she was his little Doll! That is a heart-breaking story about Pepper--no wonder he is such a sweet-heart to you!

Michelle--that menu sounds lovely--I know you always cook such outstanding meals when you have company--I am like Anna--hope you share the pics with us again--I wish I could taste it all--and I think you should plan on going out later for your Anniversary--you need to relax and enjoy a night out later!!

time to relax-out of town tomorrow with Mom--later peeps

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-didn't know about the topical Heartgard-we have always been given the oral chews-thanks! that should help a bunch-will check it out!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Wow very quiet in here today. Well ladies there is officially 4 weeks left to this challenge. How do you think you are doing ? Who is still part of this challenge? I am not quite where I'd like to be, but if all goes well I think I will be close to my goal. I will just have to watch myself during Thanksgiving. But mentally I am ready so that is half the battle. Well off to watch some TV. Later ladies.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-thanks for the reminder--4 weeks to finish the challenge--I know you can stay strong during the holiday! you are doing great girl! burning DOWN the scale this time! your goal is achievable! and then we have Christmas holidays to get thru--these are always the worst time for me--but THIS time I am going to remember my blood sugar and really try to keep my health in my forefront of my mind--no more baking and having the whole house full of goodies --nobody needs it-especially me! I need to start now trying to bake some lowcarb things and freeze them if they turn out--once I find the time!

It was a long day yesterday--Monday I return to Jasper for Mom's shot in her hip-Tomorrow I have a hair appt --it is early-today I have some errands--so it is still some running and running here--but I am not working like you poor ladies who still are--I don't have that stress-I feel for you girls who juggle it all--I remember trying to be all things and get it done--I admire your strength!

where did the rest of the crazies go??? check in people--we miss you!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Uggh- Tom is here and thats all I have to say about that. Blah hitting the couch.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck with your errands and have fun at the hair appointment Jeanne. How did Dolly do with her heartworm medicine?
Old 10-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #518
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - enjoy your day today!

Michelle - any further word on fostering?

Michellehu - YUCK! Comfort to you

Anna - I hate computer issues.

I am at a crossroads. DD"s aren't working at all for me lately. Could be I seem to have a small case of a tummy bug. Blood sugar crashes more and more. GOing to do higher DD's for a while 800-1000c. I may just maintain. Not sure! 172.6 today
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--you definitely need to maintain if you are having more blood sugar crashes-please be careful with you--that is scary and no fun I know--it has to be bringing you down--800-1000 isn't much for a down day in my book anyway--hang in there and take care of you for awhile and quit thinking about the weight loss-I agree!

Dolly was puny for the main part of the day--she perked up about 5pm-so I need to look into the topical-hate to see her feeling poorly--she just never acts right--I can tell the difference-no one else probably could but I know when she isn't herself.

we still have rain--rain means no mowing-and rain is forecast for the next several days--yippee!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-03-2013 at 07:51 AM..
Old 10-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Monica do take care of yourself. With your busy schedule it is easy put yourself last and with your blood sugar issues that is not good. So watch out for you please.

Poor Dolly. I know what you mean about just knowing. I know Ben isn't right immediately. Husband...not so much.

Haven't heard about any fosters yet. I am going to one of their adoption fairs this Saturday to meet and greet. A little scared but Ben and I will do it. Hopefully we will hear more then.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #521

Jeanne, not sure this is what I bought, but here is some info on it:

Revolution

Revolution

Revolution is an easy to use, topical treatment that kills fleas, flea eggs, ear mites, scabies and ticks. In addition, it helps control the spread of parasitic worms like heartworm, roundworm, and hookworm. This monthly solution is FDA-approved and safe to use on both dogs and cats. Applied to the base of your pet's neck, Revolution is a quick drying, non-greasy medication that seeps into the pet’s skin to more efficiently distribute the medicine all across your pet's body.

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #522

Michelle - Let us know what you find out.

OH when I feel the levels dropping, I EAT! Not sure what is up. My tummy is off a bit today. I know I haven't had gluten, so it may be a slight bug. Time will tell. Naturally, it's an UP DAY and I have no appetite! GRRRRRRR
Old 10-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Feel better Monica--hope it's not a bug! thanks for the info on Revolution too--I will be looking into that!

MichelleHu-hang in there--this too will pass--and return and pass and return and pass--sorry-no fun I know-coming from a woman who had a hyster--slap me!!

Michelle--the adoption fair should be fun--You and Ben will be great--you are a great team!

Anna--hope your computer isn't on the blink-we miss you--how is the job?

I wonder where all the other scaries are? did we scare them away?

well-leaving for my hair appt in a few--later girls
Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #524

Jeanne - I checked this morning and YES it was Revolution that we have for Pip. It is SUPER easy to apply and such. Pip was like WTH are you doing, but other than that, no effect! How was your day yesterday?

My tummy is still off a bit. NOTHING horrible, just off. I will tread lightly with today's DD. When my tummy is off, it can cause more issues with my blood sugar. I will probably have a higher DD. We will just see.

Plans for the weekend?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #525

Tonight DD11 has another school dance...SHE CAN'T WAIT! The theme is sports team/jersey. She and 3 of her softball buddies plan to all dress alike in their Hummers jerseys and such. Hair the same and socks the same! FUN STUFF! DS14 is staying at a friends all weekend. We will drop him off at 6:00 p.m. tonight and won't see him till Noon Sunday!

Saturday my DD11's team is working a festival for a fund raiser. We are doing a bake sale and an indian taco sale. For the bake sale DH has made 6 pies and 14 loaves of sweet bread. I made funfetti cupcakes with PINK icing and no bake cookies (funny right?) We will be there 9-5! Then tomorrow night is DD11's birthday party. 10 girls all around the age of 11-12 spending the night! She asked for a karaoke machine for her birthday, so I am hoping that keeps them busy for HOURS! We will also rent 2 movies!

Sunday - R E C O V E R ALso I will teach Sunday School. That afternoon the youth group is doing a service project, we will probably go help with that and then that evening we are celebrating our "in town Grandma's" 80th birthday. Dinner with her and her 2 daughters!

It's a FULL weekend indeed! FUN times here!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick pop in before I start getting everything ready for DD's birthday party tomorrow. Bought a cake to pick up tomorrow for all those who eat sugar but am making a low carb cheesecake for those who dont. Peanut butter/ salted caramel cheesecake hope it turns out YUM. Have cramps have to take a painkiller so I can get through my day and get done what needs doing. Thankfully should be much better tomorrow. Cheers everyone see you when I can get back in here.....
Old 10-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #527

My DD's birthday party is tomorrow too! How old is your DD????? Mine will be 12 on 10/11! Have fun at the party! Look at you, cheesecake for LC! WOOHOO go girl!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: trolly111
Stats: 222.5/221.5/165
WOE: Atkins
Someone was asking how we are doing on the Halloween challenge and I was stuck weight wise for a bit but I'm down a couple to 207.5 so I'm inching closer to the promised land! I think I can do 199 by Halloween. I'm really, really trying to be patient. It took years to put it on so it will take time to lose it (blah, blah blah)! I have flirted with the idea of Stillmans for a few days just to kick start things but for now I don't feel like I have the fortitude for that so I'm staying the course. I do three Step classes a week and two yoga/pilates/tai chi combo classes, plus walking and my fitness level is going way up. I'm getting into some yoga poses that were impossible before and not huffing and puffing so much during cardio.

Happy birthday to Michelle and Monica's girls! My DD had her 9th birthday in August. She's ready to wear makeup and drive though.

Michelle--I thought about fostering puppies and kittens but then my husband reminded me of how attached the kids would get and then we'd have a big sob-fest once the animals had to go home. Congrats on getting accepted!

Monica--10 girls?!! Stock up on wine!

Jbatchelor--I'm so sorry about your friend. Awful. I'm glad at least that she has good friends to help her through it.

Hi to everyone else!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu--you can't mention peanut butter salted caramel cheesecake here and not post it--I will hunt you down-just kidding-barely-lol! Can you share--it sounds delicious--feel better-I really do feel for people who suffer monthly!

Monica--woman-your weekends exhaust me--I could use a secretary if I did your weekends! sounds like you will need a day of rest!

I have been hungry all day-not sure why-nothing big going on here--Bill will work unless it rains-I am just going to mow if it stays dry-I am hoping for rain!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Trolly-good to see you--I thought you were lost with the others--wtg-on going down on the scale--you are getting so close to onederland--you can make it for sure by the end of the challenge--wow-I am impressed with all the exercise you are doing--you have to be in a deficit for calories with that amount of exercise! I am dying to get in 30 minutes on the treadmill! You will be toned at least this way--it's way too late for me -no chance with the flab I have...

time to watch the news-later
Old 10-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone...

Special "Happy Birthday" to the birthday girls. Nothing like B.D. parties.

Michelle204 I can hardly wait to see how it goes Sat with Ben and what you find out about fostering. Let us know.

How did your hair turn out Jeanne? How is your friend doing?

Monica...you are the Energizer Bunny. I need more batteries just reading about your life.

trolly111 good for you doing all that exercise, I am sure you will make your goal. I think I ask before, but where are you at in TX? I'm in SA

MichelleHu I agree with Jeanne, we need to know more about this cheese cake.

My job is ok, my hands hurt (arthritis) I guess. I'm on the computer all day....anyway. Right now I am just thankful I have a job. The hubs is Federal, and we all know that is a mess. He is working....just not getting paid???

Anyway, tomorrow I am taking my Pepper to Church for the Blessings of the Animals. That makes me happy.

Sweet Week-end everyone. Our high on Sunday is only suppose to be 80ish. Maybe I will make soup, or chili.

Anna (salt) and Pepper
Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

To the birthday girls-! hope your days are great! my grandson has his birthday on Sunday--I haven't even heard what they are planning for that--unusual-they must be busy!

Anna-sorry about your hands-that is tough when you have a typing job! hang in there-

Michelle-anxious to hear all about your day-thinking of you and Ben today

Bill is home today so we will be working together down in the barn-I slept so good I am still drinking coffee--he is down there somewhere!

My friend Val will have a lumpectomy Thursday and then they will decide the course of treatment from there--she is sounding much better and positive since talking to the surgeon though-it really hit her hard the first day but she has had time to work through it..thanks for asking.

well-better head down there-later gals
Old 10-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys I got the basic cheesecake recipe here out of the recipe room its the one by Cheri called "A cheesecake factory cheesecake" (converted to lowcarb). The only change I made were I need to cook them longer but thats because I know my oven your might run hot mine runs cool. I also double the crust recipe. Those who dont must be really good at getting that mixture super thin and up the sides. Double it and you will have no problem getting it up the sides. For the crust I had a lot of walnuts on hand so i used those but the recipe calls for 3 different kinds of chopped nuts I would think any are fine. I then in a bowl mixed about a cup and a half of only peanut and oil peanut butter but I dump all the oil out thats on the top of the jar, so the peanut butter is quite thick and dry. Then add the Toranis sugar free salted caramel syrup a little at a time to taste. If I had to guess I probably added about a cup of that. When mixed it was pretty creamy but not runny. Then spread that mixture onto the crust. I put the crust with peanut butter spread in the fridge for a couple hours to harden up. Then mix the filling part exactly as it says. When I take it out of the pan I am going to drizzle sugar free caramel on top. Then serve!!

I havent cut into it yet, so I will let you know how it tastes when we get back from the party and get everything put away. It has been in the fridge overnight as directed. The last one I did mixed macerated berry for a topping and it came out unbelieveable so the basic recipe is fantastic.

Better go start getting ready. DD is turning 13 on the 7th. Funny they are all so close!

Last edited by MichelleHu; 10-05-2013 at 07:07 AM..
Old 10-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday afternoon. Well ladies I have some wonderful news. I sit here this afternoon waiting for my new foster babies to arrive. That's right i said babies plural. They are a 6 year old and a 10 year old pair of dogs raised together. The owners apparently were evicted from their residence and cannot find a new place that accepts pets so they turned them in to a shelter to be re-homed. The shelter that they turned them into is NOT a No Kill Shelter, so since they are considered seniors they were slated for euthenization on Friday. My rescue, Before the Bridge, rescued them and brought them here. And tonight they will be with me and my family and loved once again. They are coming from Missouri. So I will caring for American dogs. I guess if I still have them in November I will have to cook them a Thanksgiving dinner. LOL The bad side is I am so nervous today waiting for them to come I ate a box of cookies. Yep the whole box. Oh well a whole new life for me begins tonight! Is it going to be for the better or have I done something stupid?????
Old 10-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

OH Michelle-I am so excited for you--you will do great and it is such a wonderful thing you are doing--I can't bear the thought of them being euthanized--that would have been horrible! they will be so happy with you and Ben-what kind of dogs are they? they really are still young really-I can't believe you are getting dogs from Missouri! that is just wild-how are they coming to you? are people driving them to you? don't be nervous--you are a great Mommy! it will all work out --just settle down and don't eat any more cookies-I understand though-I eat when I am emotional too-hugs--let us know when they get there--I want pics!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

forgot-headed out of town in the morning--Mom needs another shot in her hip--so will be back later tomorrow for check in.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Michelle204!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you, and for the Missouri Kids! (I'm from MO, the show me state) Anyway this is great.

Send pictures, tell us all about them. Male, female, names. What does Ben think?

I "liked" the rescure group on face book. These people are so kind and good. As I get older, I really notice how people treat the elderly. People and old dogs.

Girl I have eaten off plan all week-end. So to celbrate your new Mo family....I'm eating my weekly 90% Lindt bar. So good.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #538
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chigirlhere
Stats: 246/202.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 11, 2013
Good Morning!!

Sorry been MIA all last week. Been so busy At least I have a few vacation days to look forward to at the end of the week

Been a good week! Finally hit 219.2...I have lost 26.7 lbs in 2 months!!

I went to a party on Saturday and for the first time I was a bit upset about my dress. Not that it was too snug...but too big. Kinda felt like I was wearing a potato sack.

Went and tried on a few dresses for a wedding I am going to in December and I was so excited that I could wear normal size dresses!! Could squeeze in a size 12 (not well) but I am on my way.

I saw 4 weeks...hope I can make my goal by then. Every year my family makes chili for Halloween. This year, I found a chili recipe on atkins facebook page. can't wait to try it. yummy!

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Monday all!
chigirlhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats Chigirl on the weight loss --that is an awesome weightloss for 2 months!!! you will look great at the wedding--we want pics!

Michelle--did the dogs arrive? I am anxious to hear--I know it was an exciting time-it is exciting for me!

Anna-thanks for the link!

headed out with Mom--later
Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #540

Trolly - I was so tired that they didn't really bother me! I was literally asleep in the chair watching TV Saturday night! All I can say is 10 girls are LOUD!

Anna - we had Blessings of the Animals at our church too but it is always at 2:00 in the afternoon and we get busy and aren't able to make it back there to have our doggies blessed! How did that go???

Michelle - how exciting! From MO none the less. That is where I am from and I can tell you the laws in MO are NOT DOG FRIENDLY! I think just recently they have added some legislation to stop puppy milling! I can't wait to hear all about your 2 new foster BABIES!!!!

MichelleHu - how was it? My mouth is watering!!!!

Chigirl - How awesome about the dress! You will be in a fabulous dress by December, I JUST KNOW IT! How funny about the chili thing. When our Dear friends lived across the street, that is what we all did prior to Trick or Treating. Now that they have moved (and my kids are getting older) we don't do that anymore...sort of makes me sad that they are gone!