Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Kim - I think Walmart has some great plans on smart phones. Not sure about the Droid, but I know Iphone they do. Jeanne got one. Jeanne, it was a great deal, wasn't it????

Both my kids have cell phones. DS14 has an iphone, DD11 has just a track phone. When we got it it was the best option for incase she lost it. She has done really well with it. I am very proud...I see a smart phone in her future probably sometime next school year!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #332

Goal for today, calories at a decent level! There's no cake or goodies, so that will help!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hi All Just checking in. On plan but not losing, give it another week and I might look closer at what I am eating but I have been 100% on plan. Electrical inspection on the rehab house today, hope it passes since we have been waiting almost 3 weeks for him to show up. Started the plumbing and the spray foam insulation so after those it will be time for drywall the worst job ever. Drywalling is horrible but then its the fun stuff and starts looking like a house. I do all the tile work and DH is my assistant for that so thats fun. All you keep up the good work, will check in later.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica--hope it is a great day-you so deserve it--and I agree-hugs and kisses from the kiddos--super great way to start the day!!!! can't beat it!!! and no temptation from cake--good too!!! maybe a few strawberries? dipped in cream cheese?

I went to the grocery store last nite-the hubs wanted his donut fix--I picked up two boxes--one was of sour cream --I love those--it was a battle with myself not to eat those after he went to bed--but I made it--barely! glad this morning--I also got two cases of water--I am trying to drink more water-I drink way too much diet cola! so I need to try and drink water-it's hard tho.

Kim-just stay the course--I know if I would weigh every day I would go nuts-I can tell my body gains and loses water all the time-just hang in there--it will flush..

hello to everyone else!

yes-we got two iphones when walmart had a deal going-not sure if they have anything going now? and we are on straight talk--we haven't had any issues at all with them-my son in Indy switched from Verizon first and then we switched after about 20 some years with Verizon-it has been working well..

headed out to mow again today--later girls

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #335

Michellehu - Tile work??? OMG, talk about back breaking! Don't work too hard!

Have a GREAT DAY Jeanne! Thank you for the kind words!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
My DS19 and I have Straight Talk also. LOVE IT. I may downgrade to a cheaper phone (and cheaper plan though 50 bucks a month for unlimited everything is wonderful). I just don't use my phone for "everything" enough to warrant it. However both DSs would. SO, I may get me a cheapie, give DS14 my 'droid and the unlimited everything plan I have and I'll go on the 30 per month thing. We'll see.
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #337

OH Kim, if you aren't using it, I understand. ME I can't live without my IPHONE!!!!!! I have everything on it!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

I could never go back to a regular phone--this was my first smart phone for me and the hubs--we both had flip phones-mine was 14 years old--I was fine with it but he wanted to upgrade-so glad we did! I love my iphone!! so does he--we are still learning but we always will! I hear a new iphone is coming out--I don't care-I am happy!
Old 09-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

I have a strong suspicion if I downgrade to a basic phone I will miss a LOT of stuff I don't even think about when using the 'droid. GPS for example...so yeah, after further thought, I'm sticking with mine. I saw on the straight talk website they have an LG Optimus Q reconditioned android phone for twenty bucks! That's plenty good enough for DS I think...it does all the stuff he'd want it to do anyway
Old 09-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11

Happy Birthday Monica!!
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone...

Well the job is very busy and intence. So I'm taking lots of notes.

So far (2 days) I have taken all my food and stayed LC. So that is a win.

Kim I want a new phone.......but my contract isn't up for like 2 yrs. So I just put up with the no good one I have. I wouldn't give up a smart phone if I had one.

You all have a great evening.

Anna
Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
to you to you Dear Monica to you.

Enjoy your special day you deserve it. And here's to more hugs and kisses from your kids. Oh and a big cyber hug and kiss from me in Canada.

I am of the old flip phone technology. I have never sent nor received a text even. Our contracts aren't up for two more years. So I have to wait to leap into the millennium.

Everything here is ok. I'm feeling a little blue right now, but I'm not letting it affect my food decisions. Hoping for another loss this week. I could never weigh every day. A gain would send me over the edge most times. Anyway take care all, have a good night, and I'll see you tomorrow.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Sorry I'm late with this:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!!!!!

Straight Talk has the LG Optimus Q that I have, a refurbished one for 19.99! I think that's what I'll get for DS14. That way if he breaks it or loses it or whatever, I'm not out a whole bunch of money. It's a decent "first" android/smart phone, has the slideout qwerty keyboard I can't live without since I cannot touch-screen type at.all The battery life sucks, even compared to the HTC Evo Shift I used to have (MISS that phone bad!)

DS19 is home tomorrow morning though so I can leave for work at my usual 6:15 and get off early, thus beating most of the rush hour both ways. Today's commute was the 7th circle of hell both ways and I felt my road rage brewing

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24
Old 09-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
I could never go back to a regular phone--this was my first smart phone for me and the hubs--we both had flip phones-mine was 14 years old--I was fine with it but he wanted to upgrade-so glad we did! I love my iphone!! so does he--we are still learning but we always will! I hear a new iphone is coming out--I don't care-I am happy!
I knew you would LOVE IT! You know, I am on my 2nd Iphone. My first one lasted 3 1/2 years, I think I have had this one for almost 2 years now. They LAST forever and I use my to MAX CAPACITY! I love that they just last so long and Apple is always good about helping with things at no cost!

My main issue is the Iphone 5 and beyond have a new plug. I understand why it was necessary, but GEEZ. When I upgrade, I will have to get all new docking stations and cords. We have apple cords everywhere as we have:

Ipad (original one)
2 Itouches
3 Iphones

at our house. So with 6 devices, there are literally cords everywhere!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
Old 09-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #345

It's FRIDAY everyone! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. Lunch was high calorie, but dinner was low. We had mainly veggies and grilled shirmp! I think overall, great UP DAY! Now to ROCK this DD! Friday DD's are always so dang hard for me. The celebratory nature of it just being Friday is hard to combat! I WILL TODAY!

With my Birthday money, I bought off amazon the 1st season of Homeland. Anyone watch that? It was 1/2 off Tuesday! So I got it for $19.99! Tonight I plan to watch that and CLEAN house! I know, slow down on the FUN Friday night stuff!

Tomorrow we are heading back to my parents house. My Dad's 50 year high school reunion stuff is this weekend. In little Cole Camp MO, they are having their annual Fair and his class replicated their float from Senior year of high school. So he is in the parade and we are all going to cheer him on!!!!!!!! My dad is STOKED! They have worked their A$$ off making the float!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Monica that sounds like a lot of fun, i bet your dad is ecstatic. Take lots of pics!

Well guys I had to shake it up I just cant wait and wait, the losses have slowed so much so I am shaking it up with I hope 2 weeks on stillmans. I dont know if I will make it 2 weeks its so restrictive but I am sure going to try. Then back to the regularly scheduled programming. Hoping the change will confuse the bod and let it shed a few. Started yesterday, we will see
Old 09-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Good luck Michelle with the Stillmans...I don't think I could hack it, so kudos to you!!

I'm down almost a pound again...love the rollercoaster - NOT. Well the dips are nice Brought a couple of pieces of roast chicken from last night along with mashed caulis for lunch. Tonight I may have company, so I'm not sure what I'm making yet. Nothing fancy, but carbish for them. I'll flake off in a corner with a hamburger patty, lettuce, onions and a fried egg

I went ahead and ordered the LG Optimus Q for DS14. Probably not the Iphone thing he wanted but I don't have that kind of cash, and the Optimus Q is a perfectly good "first" android for a kid who tends to lose things easily
Old 09-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu-I hope your shakes are better than the ones I come up with--what powder do you use? I have several that I have tried that just didn't do--especially one syntrax fuzzy navel that isn't fit for man nor beast! I couldn't live on just shakes I don't think! hang in there!

Monica-that is exciting about your Dad's reunion--Our class doesn't even meet anymore-we didn't have a very close group of people and nobody didn't care? sad really-but it sounds like your dad is going to have a great time! take pics!

Kim-I think you made a great choice for your son's phone-they don't need an expensive 1st phone. congrats on the weight loss~ you are doing so great!

Michelle-when do you volunteer again? is it this weekend? or next week? how is the business--has it picked up any?

hello to everyone else-I just finished up the mowing for the week finally--tomorrow I will be preparing to do some canning on sunday

have a great weekend
Old 09-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #349

Michellehu - let us know how it goes!

Kim - I am sure he will be thrilled.

Jeanne - I went to ONE reunion back at my 20 year in 2008, I will never go again. They are having another next month for 25 year. NO THANK YOU! Most were losers in High school and STILL ARE! It was still the cliques and I was OVER all that 25 years ago! I'm DONE!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Our 30th was this year. I went to school in a small town, it was super cliquish, and from what I heard about the 10th and 20th, nothing had really changed In school I was the bridge between the nerds/rejects and the burnouts Never quite fit in anywhere but I couldn't stand the hypocritical snotty "popular" kids. Anyways, I never made it to a reunion and that's just fine with me.

One of the worst of them is the chief organizer for all the reunions and she screws them up every time, from what I hear. Then at the reunion she still acts like her sh** smells sweeter than most. Eh...especially now in the age of social media, anyone I want to see/chat with I can without having to deal with those I purposely left behind 30 years ago!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening everyone. I'm not much for reunions myself. Highschool was a horrible time. I was an outcast. I wasn't smart so I didn't fit in with the nerds and I wasn't pretty or sports minded so I missed out on those people too. So for 3 years I was all by myself. It was a very lonely time. But that time is over thank God.

Tomorrow is my volunteer time at the park. It is the farewell salute to summer yet it will be 30* tomorrow (90*F) Awfully hot for this time of year. I am looking forward to it. I am no where near as scared as the last time I volunteered. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and I won't be scared to work for this organization any more.

Well time to make dinner. Chicken breast in a cream cheese gravy and brocolli with butter.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:12 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

179.4 lbs. A new low for 2013. Haven't seen the 170s since Dec. 2012. I hope I'm not jinxing myself by announcing this, but I'm so happy to see the 170s again.

Well I'm off to my rescue puppies. See you later ladies.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Michelle on the new low and getting back out there for the pups. Im proud of ya.

Day 2 on stillmans went great actually feel smaller but tom showed up and no loss on the scale. Wasnt hungray at all had to force myself to eat. When Tom leaves if I stick to plan so should a couple of lbs. Thats what I am going for.

So happy saturday to everyone. Will check back in later to catch up on you all
Old 09-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--you did it!! I am so proud of you for getting your focus back and for also getting out there in the public and putting your fears aside!! I know it is hard for you and its not easy--but look how far you have come!! woohoo!

I have been enjoying doing nothing today-I have lots to do and just couldn't force myself to get started doing it--didn't sleep last nite and have been just vegging out! so I need to get busy--getting prepared for a big canning day tomorrow!

catch you later
Old 09-08-2013, 04:06 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

michelle204 you ROCK!! So happy for you!!

Staying on plan, and helping the pups........these are the good things in life.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:21 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!

NEW LOW! 163.8!!! No clue where that came from except I didn't eat much at all yesterday, was too busy running around, but I'll take it! The 150's are well in sight and I'm one woosh away from the big 4-0!

Michelle, WTG on getting out there again...it will get easier the more you do it And congrats on staying on plan and seeing 170s again! AWESOME!
Jeanne, have fun canning! What's on the agenda?
I have laundry and cleaning and dealing with the newest furbaby addition, plus a LOT of company this week. My house will be utter chaos this week.
New furbaby is a little black kitten who wants nothing to do with the dog, and Leo has been tormenting her all day and night. She came in with quite the attitude...arched back, bottle brush tail, hissing, growling, the whole bit. I hope she acclimates soon!
Have a wonderful Sunday!!!!

Last edited by IndieKim; 09-08-2013 at 04:24 AM..
Old 09-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Hurray for all the new lows, me too we are rockin' it!

New kitty oh how sweet just love the babies!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Kim that is a fantastic whoosh. Embrace it!

Well volunteering wait great yesterday. I got to talk to many rescues and saw some great dogs. I would really like to start fostering these poor babies, but I am having trouble talking my DH into it, even though he would have very little to do with anything. That is what is making me so blue. I have the time and want to help but he just wants his comfortable sit on the couch life and don't get involved. I want to foster because they pay for all the vet bills and food and such. I just have to provide the love. So it wouldn't cost us anything, but he does not want people coming to house to see the dogs or for me to go to their houses to show the dogs. etc etc. Like I said he doesn't want our lives to change at all. I am feeling like I need to help these poor critters. It's both of our house so I can't just bring in an animal into it. I don't know what to do??????Any ideas????

Well with the vented aside I am off to the dog park for a good long walk and then to walk around a car show that will have over 600 cars to see. That is a large car show for here. Should be fun.

Everyone have a great Sunday!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I would keep talking to him about it--and then maybe one day you might bring home a dog that had no place to go but with you--hehe--and see how he reacts--if it goes well--bring home a good dog!! and hopefully he would tolerate it and enjoy it--that might break the ice? and it would work after that--you both live there so I am sure he would take your feelings into account also--you need the social interaction and maybe he does also? it might be a good thing for him too? maybe he is like you and nervous about it? it may just take a little convincing and time?

Kim--you are on fire girl--send some of the fireball my way will you--congrats-you better start posting what you are eating so I can follow in your footsteps!!!

MichelleHu--you have a loss too-Congrats-you girls are doing great!!

the hubs and I have been canning today--it is getting down to the end of canning season-I hate to see it end in some ways--but glad in others--made rotel today-it was a new recipe and it turned out great!

weigh-in day is tomorrow for me--hopefully better than last weeks half pound

Last edited by jbatchelor; 09-08-2013 at 01:52 PM..
Old 09-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GreggW2Gs
Stats: 278/272/199 5' 11"
WOE: Atkins, Protein Power
Start Date: 06/04/14
Thanks for starting this challenge!

Halloween is a perfect date for me as longer term goals and I don't work very well.

Started today 09/08/13 at 267.
Goal for Halloween is 240
  • Date / Goal / Actual
  • 9/9/13 266.75 TBD
  • 9/10/13 266.25 TBD
  • 9/11/13 265.75 TBD
  • 9/12/13 265.25 TBD
  • 9/13/13 264.75 TBD
  • 9/14/13 264.25 TBD
  • 9/15/13 263.75 TBD
  • 9/16/13 263.25 TBD
  • 9/17/13 262.75 TBD