Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Hi girls!

Updated my sig since it's September 1st. Also went for a nice 20 minute little power-walk, which I hadn't done pretty much all summer and boy did I ever feel it! Still it felt really good getting out there and getting it done. And nice that I finally fit into the Danskin exercise pants I bought in the spring for a weight loss incentive

I need to get my son to take a pic so y'all can see the progress. I might throw a photo of Mr. Clueless in there too since there's a pic of me and him that I like lol...btw he's still being a complete and total bonehead, nothing new there

Last night I had no clue what to make for dinner for myself - I had done spaghetti for the kids but abstained for very obvious reasons. I fried up a couple of hamburgers, and then cracked a couple of eggs in the skillet. Cooked those til they were semi-hard, and had the eggs on top of the burgers. It actually was very filling and really yummy! go figure...

Now off to eat some breakfast and get some housework done....will check in a little later. The heat wave is OVER, so I intend to get out there today and do something!

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #302
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: withlime81
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 28, 2013
Too soon for ketosis?

Thanks for ll the warm welcomes, guys! I had a little setback the past two days. Yesterday I went to a wedding and made great choices for the food (I even stayed away from the cake!), but then there was the wine. I tried to keep it lower in carbs by drinking Merlot and Cab Sauv, but I'm pretty sure I was way over 20g for the day. I jumped back on today and have done fine. So, here is my question. I just started this diet on Tuesday on this past week and I have already had two bad days. Is it possible to already be in ketosis? I bought my ketostix and just for the heck of it, I tried one knowing it would be negative. It came out as moderate ketones. I feel like it's too soon for this. Any thoughts?
withlime81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle-congrats on the two pounds--you are doing great!!

Welcome Stacie!! always room for one more to our group!!

Just got back from Indy --long day on the road--seems like all I did this week was drive--my legs show it too-the heat is supposed to be over here too I hope? I am ready-I am canning tomatoes tomorrow-was going to do beans but didn't get home in time to pick so tomatoes will be it! I passed up the most delish birthday cake with buttercream icing and ice cream at the birthday party today--it was thick and I could smell it--Bill said it was too think--NEVER!! I couldn't wait to get me a bowl of carbsmart ice cream tonite! this has been a tough week to stay the course. hopefully next week will be better. I need to stay closer to home and that will be easier.

time for some tv-later friends

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:12 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Good morning girls!

No time to read but wanted to report a NEW LOW!!!

9/1: 167.2
9/2: 166.8

YAY!!! Now I have to navigate the carb minefield aka the state fair. Lord help me!! at least I'll get lots of walking done there, the fair is HUGE and I'm only going this one day and I want to see everything

Have a lovely day, less scaries!!! Much luv
Old 09-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Huh...I don't know where the edit button went, but I need to report a NEW new low...I hadn't gone to the bathroom yet (TMI!!) when I weighed in this morning

165.8!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
KIM!! WTG Girl, and it is a week-end!! So happy for you.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Stacie to our group. Glad your here.

Natalie, I don't have an answer. But Monday everyone will be back. I'm sure someone here knows. Sorry.

Michelle-congrats on the two pounds!

Hi Jeanne, Monica...and everyone else.

Happy Labor Day.......

Anna
Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: trolly111
Stats: 222.5/207.5/165
WOE: Atkins
Quick check-in

My weight is holding steady but I wanted to report that I made it through my daughter's birthday party without eating cake (I don't think I've ever passed on my kids' birthday cakes!), or pizza and survived a tailgate party. Luckily the tailgate party was BBQ so that was pretty easy! I've made it to a couple more Step classes even though I'm so out of shape it feels like it will kill me. I can't wait to feel more physically fit, which usually takes me a few weeks of regular classes to not feel wiped out by an hour-long class. For the first time in YEARS I'm feeling hopeful about getting this @#$%! weight off!

Congrats on the loss Indie Kim! Hi to everyone else!
trolly111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hi all
Was house hunting all weekend. Not serious about it yet but it was a good weekend with nothing to do so we dinked around looking. No new low, but holding just fine. Hope all had a great weekend. Congrats on the losses, woohoo!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Wow everyone did so great over the weekend. Now all those other people have all that left over birthday cake to deal with. I am so proud of all of you!

As for the question of ketosis???? I have never used the sticks so I am unsure. It really does take a good 7 to 10 days to get into ketosis and then once there a cheat here and there generally doesn't through you out of it. I have always based my ketosis on not feeling hungry anymore and having no cravings. I have never even seen the sticks here at all.

KUTGW everyone and enjoy your Labor Day.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

I have never registered anything above "small" on the ketosticks (wonder if mine are defective? LOL) but I'm not real religious about using them, either. So I don't know, but I've lost close to 40lbs, so there's got to be ketosis going on somewhere!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Kim--you are doing something right girl--never TMI here! we can share it all-lol

well-I always have Monday as my weigh in--so today was it! I lost a measly half a pound--not happy about that-if it was a pound I would have been happy but not a half a pound since I really passed on three outings and didn't sway--but I am wondering if the coconut oil is making me not lose? I have three TBS in my coffee every am-so I am drinking about 300 calories in the morning with my coffee-but I feel it is important too? I am just unsure? anyway--I am staying the course for a while--I may make some fat bombs and get my coconut oil a different way for awhile?

not sure about the ketosis issue either--I do use the sticks mainly to check if I have slipped out of ketosis ..

lots to catch up on but seriously thinking about a nap-it was a long day yesterday!

later ladies
Old 09-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Ok my goal for this week is to be down 3 lbs by Sunday. I will walk every day, go to 4 step classes (1 down, 3 to go) and keep carbs < 20 grams.

I just looked up my BMI and realized that once I hit 199 I will move into the 'overweight' category rather than the dreaded 'O' word category. This has motivated me to speed back down to the 100s ASAP!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls!

Back from the fair!!! My DS19 and his girlfriend and their baby went one way, my DS14 and the other grandma to the grandbaby and I went another. A good thing, once we met up later on because DS19 went insane on the bad carb foods. I won't list them all because just remembering what he told me he ate made me feel 20lbs want to creep back on! Holy cow!

So what did I have, you ask? Since I recall every single bite and sip, that's pretty easy. I think I did well, considering it's the fair and all:

2 small SF vanilla lattes (I needed the caffeine and the heat, it was chilly out there this morning!)
1 bite of a little deep fried crab cake ball. Yes they're breaded in flour but I had the equivalent of maybe 1/4 tsp of flour's worth of breading LOL
1 humongous grilled pork chop on a stick - it was delicious and VERY LC friendly of course!
1 SF lemonade
1 deep fried cheese curd (those are irresistible and I don't care WHO you are, you're gonna eat these at the fair

And some water. That's it! Yes, I may have gone over-carb a touch due to the milk in the latte's, but other than that I think I did all right Watched my son suck down a huge chocolate malt with whipped cream and a cherry on top and wasn't even tempted!

Last edited by IndieKim; 09-02-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #315
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Thanks for the chilis idea. I'll pick some up tomorrow and give that a shot.

I am an abstainer too. One lick of the finger and I'm done. When I make my DH cupcakes I keep a water bowl beside me, so when I get icing on my fingers I quickly put them in the bowl so I can't lick them. Cookies are my true weakness. I don't know if you have them in the States, but Costco has their pack of cookies, chocolate chip, chocolate, and white chocolate chip macadamia cookies. I would do anything for those cookies. Don't tell anyone but I have been known to eat the entire pack (I think 30 monster size cookies) in one sitting. What a binger I am!!!!!!
I do the same thing when baking. ALthough now, if it has Gluten, there is not way I would nibble!

OH and adding green chili would be a great plan! Maybe even a little salsa?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #316

Stacie - WELCOME, of coarse you can join us!

Kim - I am so sorry for the error with your check. I do payroll and I try to have safeguards in place to make certain things like what you describe never happen, but sometimes they DO!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieKim View Post
Last night I had no clue what to make for dinner for myself - I had done spaghetti for the kids but abstained for very obvious reasons. I fried up a couple of hamburgers, and then cracked a couple of eggs in the skillet. Cooked those til they were semi-hard, and had the eggs on top of the burgers. It actually was very filling and really yummy! go figure...
They sell burgers like that in several restaurants here. They are termed Farmer burgers! My DS14 loves them that way, as does my DAD!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #318

KIM way to go! You did great!

Jeanne - in Indy, did you see the new Grandbaby? Has she grown a bunch?

Michelle - how was your weekend? Any cooler up there?

Trolly - feeling hopeful is always great!

Michellehu- house hunting? Are you all hoping to move???
Old 09-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #319

Well I ate my way through the weekend (I KNOW, I'm a broken record) but today is REFOCUS day for me and my whole family. I have thrown away ALL the chips and I am swearing off WINE for the rest of the month (actually all alcohol)! I am determined to regain focus and get these last few pounds gone!

Starting a new and feeling good. We are making today an up day, so sticking with our rotations as they are. Our schedules are dying down a bit and I am taking that opportunity to adopt a ZERO tolerance for excuses of why I go over my calories !!!

I will not weigh until toward the end of September. I am also hoping to get back to my weight lifting routines.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 09-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to stop by and say everyone is doing great and staying the course.

I think I start over every Monday!! That is why I'm here. I was better this week-end, but I did eat some chips and salsa.....

Anyway, new job tomorrow. So hopefully I can do my work here, work there and still check out what you all are up to!

Jeanne I often wonder about the coconut oil. If you find a answer let me know. I want to think calories don't matter if your LC. But I'm short and very small framed, and over 50, so sometimes I think they do.

From what I read, coconut oil seems to protect the brain! And I need all the help I can get.

GTG
Anna
Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #321

Anna - CHIPS of any kind are EVIL to me! I just have to eat them till they are gone. ANY size bag is a single serving bag to DH and I! That is stopping right now!

Good luck with the new job tomorrow, we will be thinking of you!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Anna--the zucchini chips I made turned out really well-so I will continue to make those for using as chips--plus I am going to cut up Josephs Lavash bread that you can get at walmart in front of the deli-spray with a little olive oil and whatever spices you want and bake in the oven until crisp-makes good crackers/chips...It works well!

I think I will have to continue the coconut oil--too many reasons to continue-brain health plus it is supposed to raise metabolism--I need that-plus many other reasons-I just can't see enough reasons to stop? everything I read says to not worry about the fat and I guess you have to trust a little bit?

Anna-Will be thinking about you tomorrow--hope it goes well with your new job--don't you even think about disappearing on us now that you are back!! you make time to come in here and let us know what is going on!!!

I got on my treadmill again today--that's twice now--and I am headed back in there to try it again--I am on a row!! shocking to me! I figure I need the exercise to get the scale moving! something has to give!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Good luck on the job Anna. We are thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Monica--- You sound very committed this time. There will be no stopping you girl. It seems all of us have had it. That's a good thing.

Not too much new here. Pretty boring weekend. It was probably are last nice long weekend this year. Our next long weekend is Thanksgiving which for us is October14th. By that weekend we are packing everything away waiting for the snow.

Oh I did volunteer for our dog park again. I will be serving food at the BBQ on Saturday. I hate processed hamburger pattys and hot dogs, so I'm good to go without the thought of a cheat.

Hey Monica....isn't it your bday in a couple of days? Any plans?
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Less Scaries!

Anna, will be thinking of you today as you start the new job....best of luck girl!

Monica, thanks for the kudos...I'm pretty excited as my body apparently has decided to stop fighting, and is giving up the fat LOL...I'm down again this morning! Good job on giving up the wine/alcohol and chips. It's SO easy to go overboard with either one, isn't it!
I don't drink alcohol at all; lost my taste for it eons ago but a good wine once in a blue moon with dinner is lovely. Ah well, I'll have it again one day. And good luck staying off the scale - I find that harder to resist than any carb on earth

Jeanne, way to go on the treadmill! They say if you do anything often enough it'll become a habit - make that one yours! *preach to myself too btw...* I too am using the coconut oil, but just in a fat bomb here and a bulletproof coffee there. Everyone here at LCF seems to think it's key to this WOE, so I'm on board, why not?

Michelle, WTG on volunteering again! That's awesome, and I know all too well it can be hard putting yourself out there, but it's for the furries and for me that would make it so much easier

SO...NEW LOW to report! I think it's hilarious that in the entire month of August I lost what...4 pounds? In 4 days in September I've lost 2 pounds (okay, 1.8 pounds...close enough!). Go figure! That's what I meant that my body decided to stop fighting me on this maybe. We'll see, but I'm happy I've hit the new low!!!

Sept 1: 167.2
Sept 2: 165.8
Sept 3: 166.2
Sept 4: 165.4

Last edited by IndieKim; 09-04-2013 at 04:01 AM..
Old 09-04-2013, 04:40 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Down another 2 lbs this morning! This is great motivation to stay strong!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #326

Way to go Trolly!

Kim - Another NEW LOW! Look at you go!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle, tomorrow's the day! No plans, work/softball/normal stuff. We celebrated last weekend. At (soon to be) 43, I'm too tired to party! KIDDING!

It's Wednesday, that's a plus! Yesterday was a good controlled Up day!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #327

Jeanne where are you girl?
Old 09-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Hey--I am here--just late checking in today--I have been out mowing--my life's chore! I will be back out there tomorrow too--boo--It is becoming old real fast by this time of year! I am ready for a killing frost!! NOW-I am so ready for the mowing to be over--when the mowing and the canning coincide I don't know which end is up! Nothing gets done in my house and last week was a major week of running--I feel beat!

Anna-how was the first day on the new job?? share when you can--hope you loved it!

Michelle--when is your day to volunteer again?

Monica--happy early Birthday to you my friend--Hope your day is the best--you are a sweetheart! Yes the baby is growing--she eats every 3 hours and her face is really full! so far her eyes still look blue and her hair is black--I love that combo! hope it stays!

Kim--your enthusiasm is contagious!! love hearing about your new lows--I want a new scale-mine is old as the hills and only weighs in half pound increments--I guess I will have to keep it since it isn't broken but if it ever breaks-what kind to you recommend? one that weighs me 10 pounds less would be nice!

Trolly--are you moving--inquiring minds--I can't imagine all the work involved--looking at houses sounds like fun but moving--uggg
Old 09-05-2013, 04:22 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

LOL Jeanne, I don't know....mine's a HealthOMeter I got at Walmart I think, super cheap but it weighs in .2 pound increments.

Speaking of....*sigh*...up 1.2lbs overnight. Haven't gone to the bathroom in a few days, so maybe that's it, I don't know, but it was a disappointment. I bought some almond butter the other day and came home from work hungry and...yeah. A few spoonfuls of that and 2 fat bombs last night? Hoping it wooshes off soon.

Going into work late this morning since DS19 isn't here to get his little brother up and out the door today. I need to get DS14 his own phone, it's long past that time. He wants an Android of course, and since money's kind of tight these days with Mr. Clueless out of the equation I have had to be very careful with finances. Hoping I can swing it in the next week or so.

Have a fabulous day ladies!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #330

Jeanne - thank you so much! OH being YOUNG and 43!!!!!!!! Isn't that hilarious!!!!!!

I got the best gift I could ever ask for today!!! My DS14 and DD11 gave me numerous group hugs. They each told me they loved me and my DS14 (who never is mushy) hugged me and kissed me on the cheek, stating again how much he loved me! OMG!!!!! BEST GIFT EVA!!!!!!!!