Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Wow, lots of losers here!!

Size 10's Kim, nice. (like the new name) Karai WTG, that's great. WTG Monica on the UP and DD. I'm so glad you like JUDD.

MichelleHu good for you on the new low. My dd loves cowboy boots and skirts! I just bought her a deal to hang on her bedroom wall that says:

"Boots and Bling....
It's A Cowgirl thing....."

It will be a Christmas present....yes that is coming up soon.

I just got back from a upscale "re sale" shop. My new favorite store. Didn't buy anything today. But I go every so often...just in case.

How are the kido's doing in school? I hated high school....and I really feel for kids today. My youngest is in 11th grade, one a sr in college, and 2 on there own. I'm tired just thinking about it all. LOL

H-Burgers were so good last night. I used a cole slaw receipe from DR Bernstein's Diabetes Solution book. Was pretty good. I would eat it again.

Michell204 hope you have a good week-end. The drain deal really scares me. We don't need more bills. Oh well. Who does.

Hi Jeanne, how are you??

If I missed anyone, I am sorry. Will try to check back later.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #272
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: withlime81
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 28, 2013
new and ready!

I'm on board! Just starting, but that's a full two months away. Just started a low carb diet, but not really sure What I'm doing. I have read a lot of info and am just trying to stay under 20g of carbs.

Current: 306 lbs
Halloween goal: 280 lbs

Natalie
withlime81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Hi Natalie and welcome!!! And welcome to the LC life!!! Anything you want to know, just ask....we represent all sorts of LC plans I'm more or less doing Atkins with a little M/E (meat & egg "fasts" a la Stillmans) thrown in there to push through stalls. I've been at it since May and am on the verge of a 40lb loss if I can push through the PMS blech bloat going on right now

I think your goal is attainable especially as you just started - the first weeks you'll see a good loss if you stay under 20 carbs Again, welcome!

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
Welcome Natalie!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Natalie Welcome aboard
Old 08-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: trolly111
Stats: 222.5/207.5/165
WOE: Atkins
Hoping to jump in!

Hi Guys,

I have low-carbed on and off forever but finally got my head in the right place this week to stick to it and get to goal. I have two kids and after the first one I got almost back down to a good weight and then had my son 16 months later. Anyway, it's been a struggle since then, mostly because of stress, emotional eating and not going to the gym regularly like I did pre-kids. I've read pretty much everything there is to read about low-carb and it has worked wonders for me in the past so I'm ready to go! I can't call it 'baby weight' anymore because the kiddos are 7 and 8 now.

I started induction on Monday and have been to two Step classes, walked every day and I'm down 4.5 lbs. I would LOVE to be down 20 lbs by Halloween!
trolly111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Hi Trolly! Welcome back to the wonderful world of Low Carb and Lower Weight and all that comes with it!

I never had a weight problem, even after 3 of my 4 kids - in fact, after baby 3 (born in May) I was in a size 5 bikini by the end of August...ah, youth But baby #4 did me in....I think I got back down to a size 10 for about 10 minutes and from there I ballooned, once to a 16, reduced to a 12, then hit a solid 14 to 16 and stayed there for a few years. Did LC in 2007 and hit a 10 again, got married, and blew back up again when we had some serious, serious marital problems the last 2 years. I returned to LC in May and this site soon after. The spouse moved out a month ago. I've lost almost 40lbs and am back to a 10 but have lofty goals - another 30 or 35 to go

This group is awesome, I love these ladies!!!! Together we're going to be not only less scary by Halloween, we're gonna be knockouts!!! Glad to have you with us!!!

Last edited by IndieKim; 08-29-2013 at 05:10 PM..
Old 08-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Natalie and Trolly. We are all here to help one another and together we will get this done! Have any questions? Just ask.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Natalie and Trolley!!!

Kim-love the new name--easy for me to remember since I am always headed to Indy to see the kids!

Haven't had time to read back to see what has been going on with everyone yet-we are getting bigger!!

still hot and humid here--but had a great day with my friend out shopping-she loves the Chinese buffet--just like the hubs!! but this one had a grill area so I picked out everything legal and they even had a list with the sauces so I picked the only one without sugar-I figure it was just soy! but I was full and satisfied-that is two days out eating this week that has turned out well--forgot to tell you guys about Cici Pizza--they made me a delish lowcarb bowl--just circled all the meats and vegetables on the menu when I went in and they put it all in a bowl and even brought it to my table when it was done-super service! and it was fantastic! I have had more than enough sodium to last a lifetime this week -so I need to start flushing water today and the weekend! lots to do today.

back later

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Morning girls...

Hi Jeanne, you are doing so good. Eating out, and on plan! Thanks for the tip about CiCi pizza. Always good to know.

Welcome trolly111!! Glad you joined us. I am in TX also. Suppose to be 102 today. I HATE the heat. Oh well.

Check later, got to go

Anna
Old 08-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Morning girls!

Jeannie, we have Cici here - I'll have to check that out! Nice that they went out of their way for you - lots of restaurants, you get the eye-roll when you make special requests and tell them you're low carbing. I don't go out to eat much for that reason plus finances aren't cooperating.

Labor Day we're going to our state fair. That place is a carbs minefield, and will be a true test of my stick-to-it-iveness! I'm going to try to load up on fat and protein before we go, and maybe a fat bomb or two so I don't miss the sweet stuff I hope I can be as disciplined as you are Jeannie!

This week has really flown by, hard to believe its Friday! And a 3 day weekend to look forward to, PLUS we're getting a break in the heat - supposed to only be in the 70's on Labor Day!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #282
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Michelle - go easier on yourself girl! You have a plan for the weekend. If you think the scale will derail that, DON'T WEIGH tomorrow. Wait till next weekend. OH I agree on the car people. We did go buy it. So I am now the proud owner of a RED Ford C-Max. It's a hybrid, so that will take some getting used to, but the 45 mpg, now that will be NICE!

MichelleHU- that 1/2 way to goal gift sounds perfect! You will rock it girl. In a new decade too. That is awesome! You are doing so great. Keep it up!

Karai - down 3.6 that is great! Enjoy entertaining your family. As I get older, being with family/friends is my preferred form of down time enjoyment! Going out, really has no appeal!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by withlime81 View Post
I'm on board! Just starting, but that's a full two months away. Just started a low carb diet, but not really sure What I'm doing. I have read a lot of info and am just trying to stay under 20g of carbs.

Current: 306 lbs
Halloween goal: 280 lbs

Natalie
to the group! You can do this. Read these boards, they are CHUCK full of info!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #284

Trolly, 4.5 pounds gone already? You are doing GREAT!

Anna - went to your favorite store and didn't buy anything?? WOW , you go girl!

Jeanne- way to go at all the places you have eaten out and done well! You are back at it again! I am so proud of you. How is the BS levels going?

Kim - sounds like a fun time. It's supposed to be super hot here today...hottest yet this summer. 102*, with heat index...WHO would want to know??
Old 08-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #285

I thought about making zucchini bread for this weekend, Decided not to. I have NO Restraint when it comes to that stuff. If for some reason, no one else is interested, I will eat it all! My Good Housekeeping mag this month had a wonderful article about Abstainers and Restrictors. Those that just restrict XX trigger foods and those that tend to Abstain. I am a total ABSTAINER! If I have a nibble of it, I must have it all. That doesn't mean I never EVER have XX, I just try to set it up that I can/will be limited in how much I can have. Here are trigger/abstaining foods for me:

M&M's most varieties, but PB especially. The PB M&M's are CRACK to me
Sweet breads (zucc/pumpkin/banana, you name it)
Cookies/cake

If I know cookies/cake are just for our family, I tend to make the GLUTEN stuff so I can't partake. I have made myself SICK before going back for more cookies/cake till it was all gone. I have a MAJOR problem with that!

What are you??? What is your trigger?
Old 08-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #286

That being said, DD11 made a birthday cake for our celebration this weekend. I will have some and hope/pray that everyone else there (9 others) does their part to help make it disappear!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

TOM arrived yesterday and with it, an insatiable craving for chocolate. All this week with temptations galore I've behaved. Free Ben & Jerry's ice cream on Wednesday, ice cream sandwiches and donuts yesterday. I wasn't even tempted. But last night? Oh boy. I needed chocolate. Peanut Butter cup Fat Bombs to the rescue

I was able to only have one but I was so desperate I didn't even wait til the darn things were solid. They didn't turn out that good this time, not sure what I did wrong, but I suspect an imbalance between chocolate and coconut oil. There was solid white globs of coconut oil on the tops of them and I mixed this stuff to death Oh well, one cured the urge anyway.

Weight is maintaining at 167.0. Can't seem to mow through this mini-stall but that's okay as long as the scale doesn't start climbing. I have definitely upped the water intake which is an improvement and hopefully a habit that sticks.

Brought a roasted chicken breast and half of a small roasted eggplant, topped with mozz cheese and LC spaghetti sauce, for lunch
Old 08-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone. I have a quick question for all you southerners. I know squat about Mexican food, but I like it. I found some canned enchilada sauce that is low carb enough. I cooked some boneless, skinless chicken thighs and poured a serving of this sauce on top added shredded cheddar cheese and broiled the works til bubbly. I found it very one note and boring. Is there something else I should have added to my little casserole dish to make this meal sing? Any info would be great as I have some leftovers and I would really like to improve on this dish before I eat it again.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
Happy Friday ladies!!!! TGIF.
Michelle - That sounds amazing to me. I may try that this weekend. But I will probably add some canned green chilis, maybe green onion? Depends what you like but that sounds like a yummy start to me. I LOVE mexican food and miss it. Thanks for the idea!!!!

So glad for the 3 day weekend! Looking forward to cleaning and college football starts!!!
Praying I can stay on plan. I've been a slacker lately. Not really off plan but just not paying attention. My DH tells me not to be too hard on myself. It's not a race. But I REALLY want to be less scary by Halloween!!!

Hope you guys have a great weekend!!!!!
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Green chilis, yep, I'd agree. Onions, also some cumin and fresh cilantro. It does sound really good!

Rcookie, your DH is right! It's not a race! Take it easy on yourself - one day at a time and you'll get there! You've come a ways already!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: trolly111
Stats: 222.5/207.5/165
WOE: Atkins
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I was down another .5 lbs this morning making it a solid 5 lost. I know the first week or two are always exciting as the weight falls off but I'll have to stay motivated when it slows down. This is day 5 and the induction flu is pretty bad--headache and nausea. I'm drinking broth and taking ibuprofen and I know it will pass soon.

IndieKim I can't believe you were in a bikini 2 months after having a baby! I never had a metabolism like that and was super jealous of moms that popped right back into their skinny jeans. I had to do aerobics 5X/week and eat super low-carb to get my body back.

Michelle--Love the enchilada chicken idea! I'm going to try that plus the peppers and chiles. Sounds easy.

Hi Batchelor!

saltnpepper--I am soooo ready for this heat to break! 103 here today. I was out running errands today and sweating miserably. Come on Fall!

Zip2play--I'm an abstainer for sure. One bite is never enough and cookies/cakes/baked goods are my downfall too. It's my daughter's birthday this weekend and I just picked up her cake with buttercream icing. I'm not even going down that slippery slope! I'm just going to steer clear altogether or I will be off the wagon for the rest of the weekend.

rcookie--Someone gave us free tickets to the UT game Saturday so that should be fun. I'm going to have to plan strategically what to eat at the tailgate party!

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm looking forward to sleeping in after getting up every day at 6 AM this week and getting the kids to school.
trolly111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the chilis idea. I'll pick some up tomorrow and give that a shot.

I am an abstainer too. One lick of the finger and I'm done. When I make my DH cupcakes I keep a water bowl beside me, so when I get icing on my fingers I quickly put them in the bowl so I can't lick them. Cookies are my true weakness. I don't know if you have them in the States, but Costco has their pack of cookies, chocolate chip, chocolate, and white chocolate chip macadamia cookies. I would do anything for those cookies. Don't tell anyone but I have been known to eat the entire pack (I think 30 monster size cookies) in one sitting. What a binger I am!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Trolly, I was always pretty thin and could eat everything in sight and not gain. Those were the good old days. I was 29 when #3 was born, but as I said, #4 did me in, I was 34 when he was born. Now I too am jealous of moms that slip right into the skinnies post-partum. My son's girlfriend did that when their daughter was born!

I put a "before" pic in my gallery this afternoon. I don't know if it's been approved yet but it was taken shortly after I began this go-round of LC. I found it today in my phone and FINALLY I can kind of see where I've lost a fair amount of weight! If I can find the one my son took of me (without my knowledge), that's a true "before" pic, I was over 200lbs in it.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:40 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Kim-great pics-we need to see one of Mr Clueless now! I have never been really thin!

Michelle-I am like you--give me one piece of sugar and a binge starts-I can empty a box of donuts or cookies all by myself and have-many times!

heat wave continues here with no rain-make it end!!

computer acting funny-great!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:58 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Hi Girls

Have fun Monica, sounds like a great week-end.

Hi Michelle204, Jeanne, Kim, trplly111,Karai, Natalie, MichelleHu. Hope I didn't miss anyone. I don't have time to check, so sorry if I did.

I too am a abstainer. Cookies and plain chips.....I sneak eat them. I have to keep them in the house because of the teenagers. Otherwise I would never buy/make them. But just one bite and I'm not happy until I eat it all. Then I am so ashamed.

So here is to "Staying on Plan!" Good luck everyone.

Anna
Old 08-31-2013, 05:29 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

I had myself a little binge last night...the cravings totally took over I ate 3 fat bombs...at least it was fat bombs and not something full of carbs but man, the cravings were out of control! I cannot wait til TOM departs!

Got on the scale against my better judgment and it didn't budge either way, so I guess that's okay.

So my new employer (or maybe I) screwed up my direct deposit and wrote the wrong account number, off by one digit, and my paycheck never hit my account. It's stuck in limbo until the bank returns the funds to the employer, then they have to cut me a new check just my luck on a holiday weekend!!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning ladies.

Kim sorry to hear of the bank snafu. Hopefully you have enough to tide you over til this is staightened out. I really get riled up with mistakes like that.

I have lost 2 lbs this week for a total of 12.6 lbs since July 22nd. Now I just have to be good through the long weekend to make it stick. I know seeing a loss today will give me more incentive to be good now.

I'm off to walk the dog before the heat gets unbearable. It's not so much the heat but we have had 4 days now with 100% humidity and that I can't take.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

I didn't, Michelle - my checking account overdrew to the tune of 115 bucks as a result because my rent came out without the direct deposit there to cover it. *sigh* I had to sell my beloved 12 gauge over-and-under to get through the weekend since we're going to the state fair on Monday, tickets are bought and everything already so I can't skip it. It wouldn't be any fun going with no real money for games/rides/munchies for the kids, so I kinda had to do it. Monday is the last day of the fair, too, so...yeah

I'll get a check Tuesday and maybe can buy my gun back from the shop I sold it to lol...I did get a decent price for it anyway. But yep, stuff like this gets my hair up like nobody's business! It's always something *sigh*

Great job on the 2lb loss! KUTGW!!! I know how you feel about the heat and humidity (especially the humidity!)....I'm so over summer, don't like it much for starters and then this heat wave? UGHHHHH. My electric bill is going to be astronomical. At least starting tomorrow we're headed for "normal" and maybe even below normal temps. All week in the 70's and maybe low 80s. I love it.

Last edited by IndieKim; 08-31-2013 at 03:14 PM..
Old 08-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SC80075
Stats: 304/291.4/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 08/13/13
Hey

I know I'm a little late, but I'd love to be a little less scary by Halloween -- mind if I join in?
My progress is being very slow, but I'm aiming for 275 by Halloween.

Stacie
SC80075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:04 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Stacie you are more than welcome to join. The more the merrier.