Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Thanks Kritter! Yes, I'm still debating which food mill to get, but I shall have one before I do a big harvest like that again.

Congrats on your hike!!! Take it slow with your calf though, don't want to re-trigger anything. Walking is such great exercise.

Wish I could do melons, I've tried a couple of times, they always seem to turn out mealy.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Kritter - I am officially retired as of June 30th but I am still working a little every day getting ready for August. I can do a lot of what I have to do from home which is good.
I am glad you were able to make the walk. I need to start walking again but the little black biting bugs are AWFUL her in the evening and they hurt when they bite so until they die out I refuse to go outside in the evening.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

We went to the fair last night, DH & I split a funnel cake. My weight hasn't changed, but my stomach is fatter, gluten really does go right to my stomach. There seems to be a lot of discussion about cortisol in the Paleo community, I think they're on to something.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I was really hungry yesterday evening so I ate some shiritaki noodles and then had my collagen before bedtime. Woke up at 1am throwing up. Guess those two didn't get along. I am fine this morning but I kept waking up every couple of hours nauseated.
Had coffee with HWC for breakfast and I am not hungry so will save my cantaloupe for later. Off to do chores.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's awful, who would have thought you couldn't combine those two? Guess the collagen works best with more paleo type foods.

The sauce I made turned out really well, though only turned into 4 pint jars. I have a Vctorio that should be arriving on Thursday. Amazon is so darn handy, let's me shop at all hours of the day.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

I love shopping online. So much easier than driving around and they bring it to my house for less than the cost of fuel.
I have had a good UD. Will have my collagen tonight with nothing strange this time. Hope all goes well. My brain is running nonstop but I am, getting a little tired in the afternoons but no naps needed so that is good. I am getting there.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

I did not take my collagen last night since I did not want a repeat of the night before. Will try it again tonight.
I had an UD yesterday and was CRAVING cookies so I used eggs, baking chocolate, coconut oil, AS, vanilla and some whole oats and made me cookies. Not like wheat cookies but they were good and solved my cookie fetish for the day. AND I am down a few ounces after an UD this morning so that is good.
I am having BP coffee and then I will go feed my bottle babies then go work in the soap kitchen. I have made soap everyday for the past week trying to catch up. I am about half way there and almost out of ingredients. UPS should bring me 150 pounds of oils today so I can get moving again. Got to get ready for the fall selling season. I am also making soap cupcakes and I am still in the research mode but down to the packaging experiments so I am almost there. DH thought it was a real cupcake so I call that success.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
Old 07-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cookies sound good, nice and healthy. Fantastic that you're making soap, let me know when you have facial soap again, I'd love to try it.

Hump day. Long full week for me. Plus, dHs car has been in the shop all week and he's using mine, so any driving I want I have to plan around his work week now. I hope his car will be ready by Friday.

Glad I went ahead and ordered the food strainer, looks like I'll be making sauce again this weekend.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Went to the craft mall to fill it up today. Gosh it was bare. I didn't take enough soap. But I filled it with wax melts like 50% of what I had in stock. Now to get busy making melts too. Got home and DH had bought a local newspaper. Sad to read an obituary for a kid in DS' class. Drowned. Odd too since last year his sister died in a car wreck when she hit a black cow at night on our road. Three siblings and now there is one.
THought today was Friday all day so I still have a day to make stuff before the weekend. Burn ban has been lifted so DH burned all of the feed sacks and other trash that we had been collecting tonight. One of our turkeys was in the front yard this evening and I could not catch him. He was following the guineas. We looked after dark to see if we could catch him but could not find him. They are dumber than chickens I swear. They are about 6 weeks old now. Started with 10 and we are down to 4. I am not a good turkey mom.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't know you have turkeys too! Hope your guy shows up in the morning.

Very sad about your husbands student. I can't imagine the pain that family must be going through.

My neighbors are back from their summer vacation. Yesterday morning their most obnoxious dog (they have 4) started barking at about 6 am. Three hours later, he's still barking, and sounding a bit hoarse. My husband goes down to see what he's going on about, he's barking at something on our side of the fence. I'm getting ready to leave for work, so I'm just ignoring whatever drama is going down, but when he mentions that their barking at something near my garden, I go out to the deck to see what's going on.

Two feral kittens are curled up, pretending to sleep on the fence posts, out of the dogs reach. Who says animals don't have a sense of humor?
Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - Love those kittens. I sure need another cat for the barn. Wish they would move in here.
The kid that drowned was in Kyle's class in high school. I sent him a message but he already knew. That class was always very close.
I bought day old Rio Grande turkeys and they came in the mail. Those are the Texas Wild Turkeys and we wanted to keep a pair here and put a pair over on our wooded property. We have learned we need to keep them in a total enclosure at least until they are grown. Right now they are speckled brown and growing well. One had flown out of the chicken yard yesterday and was on the patio on top of our storage cabinet. I grabbed him by his legs and put him back where he belonged.
Had a too many calorie UD yesterday so will try a low calorie DD today and see where I end up. I cut back the MCT oil to 1 teaspoon since it ws making me sick to my stomach every morning. Let's hope the smaller dosage does some good.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
My computer is back! So nice to be able to type using all of my fingers.

Adi, my heart goes out to those poor parents, to lose 2 children so young.

Dak, so cute about the kittens, but man I hate neighbors like that. It still amazes me at how inconsiderate so many people are.

So remember I was on a 2 year hiatus from having a dog? I just talked DH into making it a 1 year hiatus so we'll be getting a dog when we get back from Paris in October. I'm so excited! Actually, I'll be looking at getting 2 or 3 dogs. At least 1 lab, plus a little one that I can do therapy visits with.

We're going to see Wicked tomorrow night. Really looking forward to it and looking forward to a great dinner before the show. Hopefully the weather will hold off tomorrow morning and I'll get out for a walk. I did 2 miles earlier this week with no pain. I think it's due to the new Ecco sneakers I bought earlier this week.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you're back, Kritter!

IKWYM about the neighbors, definitely the downside of living in a rural area, you get neighbors that think they can just let their animals do whatever because they have their acre/acres.

I'm so excited for you, more dogs!!!!! That is going to be so cool, you're such a great dog owner, it will be so much fun picking your new family. Have you decided on the sex? All boys? All girls?

Adi, native turkeys to Texas, how cool is that? Do they look much different that the traditional thanksgiving type turkey?
Old 07-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Kritter - I love new puppy/dog shopping. Of course, Sami is our one and only house dog but we still have our big outside dogs too. Love them all. Enjoy your trip to Paris. October will be here before you know it.
Dak - the wild turkeys are brown and these four (the wayward one found his way back) are kind of plain jane looking right now with brown speckled feathers. I need to take a picture of them roosting. Sami hates them and she never had a problem with the chickens before. I think it is because they make a squeaky noise that bothers her.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I looked on Petfinder last night and saw 2 lab sisters who are looking for a home. They sound perfect - sweet and gentle, just what we're looking for. They're 8 years old. Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Labrador Retriever | Warrington, PA | Stella and Brandy

I really was thinking of getting 1 older lab and 1 lab puppy but when I saw these 2 sisters, they just broke my heart. To think they were separated at 8 years old in the shelter.

Dak, I would love to have a male and female, but I'm really concerned about having a male that wants to hump everything in sight, lol. Meg and I met a few of them on our walks and it was really unpleasant. Can't imagine living with one of them.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Kritter - black and white. How perfect. You can always get a puppy later.

Have had a great day then suddenly my stomach is churning and all upset. Trying to think of a reason why. Who knows. Stress probably. Too much to do and too little time and I am supposed to be semi retired. ha.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stella and Brandy, what great names! They are so sweet looking, what a perfect find. Looks like they had a professional photo shoot too, because I'm tempted to fly to Phily and adopt them.

Adi, we (as women) have way too much stress in our lives. Always too much to do.

DS came to visit today (I bribed him a bit, invited him over for some BP coffee) and he stayed all day. He helped my harvest my tomatoes and set up my Victorio sauce maker. We picked about 15 pounds, washed, cored & quartered them all, then ran them through the sauce maker all in less than 1 hour. They're on the stove cooking down now, so EASY compared to last week. Still, I like processing them on Saturdays then canning on Sunday, otherwise, too long a day over the stove. The Victorio works as described, no skins, no seeds, almost like sauce as it comes out. Great tool!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I would like a piece of equipment that worked like yours. BUT for now I never have enough produce to do anything with. Maybe next year. I am starting squash plants on the patio since it is mostly concrete the grasshoppers have not invaded it. When they are nice and big I hope the grasshopper lifecycle will be over and I can have fall produce. Hope anyway. Glad DS came and stayed. He must have enjoyed the garden experience.
DH is adding two more pens onto my goat pens. I need them to separate the bucks for breeding season. I have way too many bucks (10) but I have three breeds as well as not being able to use my oldest high priced buck much this year since most of my LaManchas are his daughters. But next year I can breed back. I have two or three fairs coming up in September and I love showing at fairs. Have a new banner coming and I am changing my color scheme to red, white and blue so I will be getting new red and blue buckets. Ordered the hay bags already. I will look so patriotic.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, they really are photogenic aren't they? DH is just not thrilled about adopting older dogs because of what we just went through with Meg and I agree, I don't want to go through all of that too soon, but I just love the idea of giving an older dog a great home for their remaining years. Something to think about.

How sweet that your DS hung around and helped you yesterday. Sounds like a really lovely day you guys had. How is the Victorio to clean? Is it easy to take apart?

Adi, you should be living the stress-free life! But you really have a lot on your plate between taking care of the animals and making all of your products. I don't know where you get the energy.

We went to see "Wicked" last night. The music was nice, but not as good as a lot of other shows I've seen, but the 2 leads had such beautiful voices, I could have listened to them for hours and hours. And the story was really good and I loved the ending. But boy am I not used to being out late. We got home at midnight and I was falling asleep the whole way home. I just can't hang anymore. And our drive into the city is really unpleasant because we take the worst highway in this region which makes for a very stressful drive, not to mention actually driving in the city which is just crazy. I think from now on, we'll go to afternoon shows and then go to dinner after the show.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, I have been hoping for this volume of produce for years, every year I've planted tomatoes I've had visions of canning, this has been the first year ever I've felt like I've come close to the type of volume I need. Helps that I've found seeds for sauce type tomatoes known for the production.

Kritter, the filter takes some time to clean, I ended up using a bottle brush on it that managed to get the job down. I had thought it was going to be messier than it was, with tomato splashing all over the floor, the only mess was when I broke it down after I was finished, I tried taking it apart in the reverse order that I put it together, not a good idea, the filter was mess, better to just take the whole thing over to the sink.

I miss being able to see good musicals, good live music is so enjoyable. I'm with you on wanting to home before midnight though. Remember the days when you were just getting started at 11? Now I'd rather be home in bed.

What's up, Lil Miss?
Old 07-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HI ladies!

Dak, when we were driving through the city on the way home, at around 11, we were thinking that same thing - most of these people are just starting the night off. It's good to see the city being so vibrant. Boy did we see some strange sites while we were walking around.

I'm so excited about getting the dogs. If someone gets them before us, I'll be so disappointed. DH is so funny. At first, he was giving me grief for wanting 2 dogs instead of one, and then it was grief because the 2 sisters are pretty old. Tonight he's totally okay with it all. But he really wants us to wait until we get back from vacation. Maybe in another week he'll cave in on that too

And I'm also planning on getting a new car for them. For now, we'll use "Meg's" car which was my 99 Accord. But before next summer, I want to get a really nice SUV that has rear AC and leather seats. My dogs spend a lot of time in the car so I want to make it enjoyable and the leather seats are so much easier to clean. And I'd really like to do some more trips with them because more and more hotels and towns are dog-friendly.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, you have to be the best dog owner ever! Planning a car for your new girls, with AC! So glad your husband is getting on board with the idea of older dogs. Have you contacted them yet to let them know you're interested? I bet they'd save them for you.

So has anyone noticed differences in your skin and joints from taking the collagen?
Old 07-31-2013, 05:13 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, I mailed in the application on Monday and on it I mentioned that was interested in the two of them. They said it could take a few weeks before someone contacted me because they're so short-staffed.

I haven't been taking the collagen. I had gotten so sick a few weeks ago and was being really careful with what I was eating because I was afraid of upsetting my stomach. But I'm glad you brought this up because it reminds me to give it another try.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

I haven't noticed any difference yet but it can happen. I am finally getting used to the MCT oil and it isn't upsetting my stomach any longer. That is a real good thing. I was getting tired of thinking I was going to throw up all day. Two of our calves seem to have pneumonia but we are doctoring them. It isn't uncommon in summer so I am hoping they make a complete recovery.
Wroked unpacking at the new office yesterday and I am going back this afternoon to work on it some more. Gosh we have a lot of stuff to put into a small space.
Closed Thread