Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Dak - I might need to buy some of that for DH. I sleep like a log anytime anywhere but he wakes up, goes back to sleep, wakes up flops around all night long. Course it won't hurt me either.
IT IS RAINING THIS MORNING!!!YEA!!!
Getting DH to consistently take something before bed might be hard though. He is real good about supplements in the mornings though. I can work on it.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

OK, I ordered from the upgraded collagen site and got collagen and MCT oil. I think I can make some bulletproof coffee for DH with the oil and since I found that Kerrygold butter recently I have the ingredients now. Anything to help us old folks. Thanks for the info Dak.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
You're welcome! I hope it helps him, Adi. I know my DH asked me about taking it when he saw what it started doing for me. He's been able to cut down on the pain meds he takes. Sleep is a bit better too for him. Funny, how two things I had never heard of have made such a big difference for me. There's no going back to regular coffee for me, I love the feeling from from BPC.

Nice that you're getting rain! No such luck here, but my tomatoes are starting to ripen. This one is called Captain Lucky, it borders on a "green when ripe" tomato. Sorry in advance for the giant picture.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, I listened to a podcast interviewing JJ Virgin and thought of you, you were doing the Virgin diet, weren't you? Anyway, I thought I'd share the link: fatburningmanDOTcom/jj-virgin-the-virgin-diet
Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - BEAUTIFUL tomato. I have had very few and even those weren't pretty. Mis shaped and a few grasshopper chew marks. Yours looks like a work of art.

I put my breakfast into ****** and oh my stars. It is 834 calories.
coffee with HWC, 2 eggs, 2 slices Ezekial bread with butter, cantaloupe

And I thought I was doing so good today and I have already eaten half of my calories for the day.

Last edited by adillenal; 07-15-2013 at 08:43 AM..
Old 07-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you! I'm so glad to be getting fruit, now I have to make the time to harvest.

It's amazing how fast calories can build up. Off early to work tomorrow, talk later.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Ugh I typed up a long reply on mywork laptop, hit submit and my computer lost Internet connection.

Adi, that's a great picture of you guys. Your D's is actually smiling!

Dak, thanks for the info abt the collagen. I'm sipping on it now-mixed in tomato juice. I'm sort of following virgin diet but I'm also limiting fiber. No salads is going to kill me.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - In every picture he is smiling. All of them were. To survive that ordeal made them all very happy. They had a little concession stand beside the picture booth and it had a line of soldiers and all I saw was candy. DS had a candy bar in each hand when we arrived. Cost us $115 for the frame and the group picture but it has a place for the diploma and the Ranger tab so it was worth it. DS kept it with him. Would not let us bring it back with us.

I ordered the collagen for DH so I hope I can get him to take it every night. I will start and maybe that will help.
We both got soaked today since one of my first bottle calves had a calf or rather tried to. We penned her up and DH had to pull the calf. BUT calf and mom are doing great and calf is a little or rather big girl. While we were delivering baby a storm blew in and all of us were soaked. It is now raining steady and we so needed the rain. I am wet again from feeding but that is OK too. DH is still milking and I have one more pen to feed but waiting for a slack in the rain.

I have done a potato DD today but I have had way too many potatoes. Cold boiled gold ones but too many anyway you slice it. If I stay the same as yesterday I will be happy.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 07-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Adi- LOVE the picture of you, DS and DH! So cute about the smiles and the candy bars!

Hmmm I ordered collagen from netrition and now am worried it isnt the good stuff! lol

Dak- that tomato is gorgeous! We have started to get fruit too, last night it was too much to carry! My green pepper is growing, along with eggplant and jalapenos. Some insects went to town on my brussel sprouts so they are done.

Did I tell you guys we may be getting an addition to the family? A family friend has been fostering dogs for a year or so now.... Anyway, on July 6th some friends of hers saw a dog get hit by a truck and they called her. It is a girl, broken pelvis, injured bladder, etc was covered in ticks etc She is just under a year old and so far is very, very sweet. DH came home and asked Molly if she would like a little sister.... We are going to introduce them and see how it goes. If Molly is unhappy we wont adopt her but it looks like we might! I am nervous...

Hi Krit!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Lilmiss - GREAT to hear from you and thanks. I am sure the Netrition collagen will do for now anyway. I ordered the "real" stuff since I was on that site. I ordered the MCT oil too. We have nothing left in the garden except cantaloupes due to the drought and grasshoppers. Sad. All that work planting.
Hope the new doggie works out. Mollie can have a friend to play with.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, too funny about the candy, I guess when you are at that level of fitness you can eat anything. Sugar still gives me hot fashes. That was such an accomplishment, that should stay with them the rest of their lives.

What is it about babies being born in rain storms? All that atmospheric pressure must trigger contractions, glad the little girl is doing well.

That awful news about your garden, dyam grasshoppers. . Can you plan for a fall garden? Or is it too hot to bother now?

Kritter, LOL at salad being the death of you....

Lil Miss I'm excited for your new addition! I hope Molly will welcome her.... I'd just see how you feel with the collagen, I could tell after a week and a half that it was working, maybe try the Upgraded for your next order.

Last edited by Dakini; 07-17-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so happy, I entered my garlic and peppers in the state fair and won!

Old 07-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - those are beautiful. And first place too. No grasshopper teeth marks on your veggies. I just know you are excited. They are so perfect. I am ordering some seeds from Bakers since they are having a sale for a fall garden. DH might as well plow up the garden and get it ready for fall.
And when we picked DS up to go to dinner the night before his graduation, he came out of his apartment eating a tube of cookie dough which he finished off in the truck and then ate the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies I had bought him at Subway. Then we went to dinner. They were all hungry since they had been semi starved for the past 10 days out in the swamps. Then he took us to breakfast Saturday morning to The Egg and I which had a HUGE menu and was delicious. He ordered half a dozen different things for breakfast. I guess he will slow down after a bit.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So funny, I had convinced myself I hadn't won anything because yesterday when I submitted them, it felt like everything was going wrong. When I got there the first person I spoke with told me quite loudly that I missed the deadline and that they were in the process of judging. Then she sees I have fresh produce, not cooked. Then I needed to buy tickets and kept getting a run around, I had to stop being nice about it as they were seriously wasting my time telling me to go to various offices, just unorganized.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

I took my 1 T of collagen last night in a cup of broth before bed. It sure was hard drinking it. For some reason it felt like I would never get to the bottom of that mug and I made a little over a half a mug of broth. Now for the downside. I slept for 10 hours. I just woke up and I am exhausted but then I had a DD yesterday. I am taking it slow and trying to figure out what to have for breakfast. I am not hungry so I am thinking I will have some coffee first and then see. My MCT oil did not come with the collagen so I can't make the BP coffee although I could add the butter to the cream. I found out I like the butter in the coffee. It is the coconut oil that I DO NOT like in coffee.
Hope everyone has a great day. Hopefully my body repaired a lot in 10 hours last night. Maybe I should go look in the mirror. I may have found the fountain of youth.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

10 hours is a lot to sleep, but then, you might have needed it to recover from your trip too, plus all that restorative work the collagen was doing, . I know I don't see myself drinking it down plain, but sorry to hear the taste was that bad. Maybe try it with a vit C type fizzy drink? Hope your MCT shows up soon. I think they're a bit overwhelmed with orders. Did they say when they could expect to ship?
I just ordered more collagen and their vanilla, hope it doesn't take forever to show up.

I got a haircut yesterday, my hair had gotten so long the only thing I could do with it in this heat was to bun it. I shouldn't wait so long between cuts, it looks so much better.

The fat in my morning coffee has completely destroyed my sugar cravings. Yesterday was stressful, to the point of me going to a new bakery. I bought a red velvet cupcake, took one bite and then threw it away. One, it tasted like lard and two, they drowned it in sugar. There's been times when stress would have let me eat it anyway, now I'm way too picky. I'm calling that a good thing, now I'm only out the $3, w/o the sugar rush that goes with it.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - The collagen didn't taste bad, it just seemed like it was multiplying in the cup. I kept drinking and the cup was still half full. I wasn't hungry so maybe I was too full since it was an UD. Maybe since I had BP coffee with the butter this morning, I am not hungry this afternoon. I had a baked potato and yogurt for lunch. Nut I am SO TIRED. I am going to mix up my last two batches of soap and go taka a nap. My MCT came today so I will have to check that out in the morning. I am trying to break my ice cream addiction.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations Dak!!! I'm so excited for you. The garlic really is beautiful. I kind of feel the same way about sugary things. I love good chocolate but really don't enjoy anything that's too sweet anymore.
Adi I had a similar issue with the collagen. I felt too full to drink it. Alost wish I could just swallow a few capsules :-)

Lil miss, I can't wait to hear more about the new pooch!

Apple store had to send my Mac out to be repaired - ugh. Should get it back on Wednesday. I hate typing with one finger lol
Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Maybe I should drink my collagen in the mornings so I am full all day. haHa. Might lose weight. I have had a great UD. No hunger and ate sensibly for the first time in a long time. Could it be the T of collagen from last night? I ate at 4 pm, took a 3 hour nap and did chores and I am now sipping my broth with collagen. Unreal for me on an UD. I am almost afraid to drink it now since I might sleep until noon tomorrow.
Had to catch chickens off their roost since I am giving some to my former secretary. She is supposed to get them tomorrow. I have a new crop of young ones coming on so I need to get rid of a few.
We had another rain while I was asleep. YEA!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Since my MCT Oil arrived yesterday and it is a DD, I made BP coffee for breakfast. Can't even tell the MCT is in it and the coconut oil is what I did not like so it was not bad. I had bought a little frother to make it with earlier and it works fine with a half cup of coffee, then I fill it the rest of the way up. Otherwise it slings the coffee over the top of the mug. Anyway, breakfast was BP coffee. Let's see how long that lasts today.
Slept 9 hours last night so that is getting better. Hope I can make the day without a nap.
I have to go to Bryan to get feed and to attend a goat club meeting so I need to leave at noon. They have a potluck but I am going later to just the meeting portion. Do't want to mess up a DD for sure.
Hope everyone has a great day and I am off to conquer the goats.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad your MCT oil finally came in, I'm guessing that if the collagen helps you feel full, the coffee is going to keep you going till late afternoon. And if you ever have had "brain fog" the feeling of clarity to the brain is just amazing. Just start small with the oil, like 1 tbs, some people get it affecting digestion. I only had that reaction once, when I used MCT oil for the ice cream and ate too much of it. But it will get your attention.

Has your DH tried the collagen yet? Has it helped his sleep?
Old 07-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak- DH hasn't bothered to try to improve his health. So no he hasn't tried it yet. BUT I have a massive headache after my morning coffee so not sure if the MCT oil is involved or not. I used 1 t per the instructions. DH has permanent brain fog so I would love for him to try it. I get so tired of explaining something over and over and over.
Rained again. That is wonderful for us. Maybe my sudan hay man will get a second cutting after all. I am going to get feed today and will drive right by his fields so I can see if he got rain too.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

I tried to eat a cold boiled potato for lunch since I am going to a goat club meeting and it is over an hour to get there. Ate about half and was too full. Didn't want the rest. This is good.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is good! This is the first time since I was child that I can easily stop eating when I'm full. I hope your headache has gone, shouldn't be the MCT, though this whole bulletproof thing has been a slippery slope. I ordered his coffee, and while I wasn't blown away by the taste, (I do like Starbucks over roasted beans) I like the feel of it much better. I've justified the cost in my mind as I'm down to just eating one meal a day now.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

I sure hope this continues to work for me. This is a DD and I am not really hungry so I am heating up a cup of morning coffee and adding MCT ,HWC and butter and will call that dinner. We shall see. And then I will have my cup of broth with collagen before bedtime.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha! I've lured another friend over the the dark side.....Bwaahahaa.

But won't coffee keep you awake tonight? (I can't drink coffee past 2pm or I'm up until 2am)
Old 07-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

I replied and it has vanished. Anyway. Dinner is going to be another BP coffee since I am not really hungry then broth with my collagen for a bedtime snack. If I can just get my UD's under control I will be happy. DD's are fine. For whatever reason I have no probelsm with DD's.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lucky you! Staying in the right mindset for DD's took some focus for me, nice that it's become easy for you. I guess what I'm doing now is more IF, with just one meal a day. What did you think of your first day on BP coffee?

I picked tomatoes from my sauce plants, with the intention of making marinada yesterday. Ha! When I was planning my sauce strategy, I planned in buying a hand cranked food strainer. As I forgot about that crucial piece of equipment, I had to manually skin and de-seed a ridiculous amount of tomatoes. Took me hours to process and I did not feel like making a sauce after that. Thinking of putting them through a water bath and canning them today. All those tomatoes simmered down to about 10 cups.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Gorgeous tomatoes. My harvest was 4 tomatoes and I know have stalks with no leaves thanks to the grasshoppers.
Dak - I can drink coffee at night and it seems to relax me rather than energize me. Maybe I am hyperactive and don't know it because caffeine will slow those people down to normal.
Had our first puny watermelon today. It was a yellow one so I was happy. Small but it was at least ripe and not over ripe so all was good. Had cantaloupe for lunch and watermelon for after lunch. Baked potato in between.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak the tomatoes look beautiful! I can't imagine spending that much time prepping them. You must have been exhausted

Adi, are you officially retired?

I went for a great walk tonight. I was able to walk over a mile without my calf hurting. I'd love to keep that up this week and then maybe add a little jogging.
Closed Thread