Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/242/229.5 by 6/30/13
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 10/21/10
Slimmer by Fall--July Edition

Its another new month!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Its July already! Yikes. It has been really hot here and will continue to be so for the rest of the week. I spent most of yesterday camping on the couch reading since it was hot out and I was tired from the gig the night before. I received several compliments from the band on the sound mix. We also had a guest sit in--Davey Pattison--who is a friend of the band. He is also always really critical of the mix. According to him I never have the vocals up on top enough. But then he is half deaf. But he even said it was the best mix he's heard of the band. Davey is the lead singer for Robin Trower and he was with Ronny Montrose and Gamma forever. He's a great rock and roll vocalist. Davey played a local festival a few weeks back and the sound mix for his band was awful. Gotta say I took a little bit of pleasure in that . He was one of the reasons that I quit doing sound. But after I heard some other professional mixes I realized that I can do just as well. And I have my hearing (and would like to keep it).

Anyway--have been to the gym in over a week. My leg is still not great. I see the chiropractor today and I want to get back to working out. I'm hoping that my funk has passed for the time being. I'm also going to have my goddaughter for a few hours this afternoon.

Rachel--enjoy your vacation!

Hannah--how are you doing?

Charlene I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she realizes that she is punishing herself as well. Having a relationship (of whatever sort) with your mom, does not in one tiny bit diminish your love for your sister. You shouldn't have to live in an either or world. That is unfair to expect that of anyone. Families are so complicated. So glad to hear that you finally got a new phone. I would still report Best Buy to the Attorney General for selling stolen phones. They should have known. A new phone is the least that they can do for you after what they put you through.

Diane--how are you doing? We're all thinking of you.

Gotta go get some chores done before it gets too hot. Have a good day all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I have been SO bad. I will have a few really good days followed by really bad days with food... and the scale is way way up right now. I bought Jillian Michaels 14 day Cleanse and Burn.. got great reviews, so I will keep you posted on that.. I just need to remember what to take and when! I feel gross. I want to feel better and need to take better care of myself.. so much going on and so much stress, it's been hard!

Not a good day at work. The little girl was constantly annoying. Back to saying I'm not the boss.. arguing.. and threatening to "tell Mommy and Daddy".. because I put her in time out and "hurt her feelings" ugghhhhhhhhh!!! (I said go ahead). They've got her number!

Rachel: Have fun!

Charlene: So sorry about the situation with your sister!

Beth: Enjoy baby time!

Hannah: Hope your DD is doing ok after that incident
Old 07-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I had a great visit with my goddaughter. You can see the photos on FB. She is such a little joy. And dh just loves to play her. Zora wasn't quite sure what to make of her, but Z has been around babies before and was very sweet and gentle. She got a little cranky (Lili, not Zora) later and nothing was quieting her, even her dad. I think she might be teething. She seemed warm to me, and was drooling a lot. Or she was just overtired. Still hot here today. I've got to do laundry since dh is leaving for Chicago tomorrow.

Diane--take it a day at a time. You certainly have been under a lot of stress. But things will settle down and you'll get back on track.

Rachel--how goes the vacay. Looks like you're having a good time.

Charlene--what's up with you today. I'm thinking I might be heading to TX toward the end of the month or early next month. I'll know more next week once the schedule for my temp gig is worked out. Its been pushed back a month, which will give me a little more down time.

Hannah--how are things.

Off to get some shopping and errands done. Have a good day all!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/210/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! I've been busy.......watching old Lost episodes with dd15. LOL We got hooked here 9 years later. hehehe We are on season 3. Crazy how I couldn't get into it when it was on back in 2004, but since I can watch it on Netflix without commercials...so much better. It's like an ongoing movie.

Been working out still. Used the olympic bar finally and got in a good workout yesterday. Tonight, we are going to the Rangers game. This weekend, I think my other sister and kids are heading to the beach.

Beth - so happy you had a good visit with your goddaughter. She is precious! Have a safe trip! Let me know about your trip to Texas!!!

Diane - I hope you can reel this thing back in and get back on track. I'm not doing too well in the eating department either. I need to quit sabotaging my great workouts by eating badly.

Rachel - hope you are having a great time!

Hannah - how are you? Any news on the situation you were dealing with?

Have a GREAT day!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick check in... My eating has been better ISH.. but I did have a quarter pounder yesterday, and scalloped potatoes for lunch among other things (crackers with dip for example).. Hmmm, somehow that does NOT sound ISH at all! I still have lost 2.5 lbs since Tuesday.. maybe there is something to this Jillian Michaels stuff.. I should have an easier time being good at least until Tuesday when I go back to work again. This stuff seems to be working despite what I eat... but I don't want to count on that.. I want to eat better and then I can lose more, right?

Charlene: That's how I got hooked on The Walking Dead.. I watched the first two seasons in about a week or less on Netflix!

Beth: I hope things settle down SOON. I'm getting really tired of always having things I "have to get through"..

Rachel and Hannah: Hi!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Today is Zora's 3rd birthday. But she doesn't seem too thrilled with it. I was up early today to go to the farmers market. I'm not going to the gym per drs. orders. But if I'm not seeing an improvement by Monday, I'll head back so at least I'll be doing something. Eating hasn't been good at all. Dh is back in Chicago visiting his brother and our friends. He really needed a break. I'm trying to enjoy having some time to myself and trying not to think too much about today. Ever since dh and I moved here, my entire family would go to the local parade on the 4th of July. Now none of them are here. Its another one of the those firsts to get through.

Anyway--hope you all have a great day.

I'll bbl for personals.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Weight was about the same today, but I had a huge lunch yesterday with my DS... a delicious sub (on wheat). I don't remember the last time I went to the gym... maybe last Friday? Saturday? I don't know when I will get back but I will.

Beth: Happy belated bday to Zora!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

Hope you all had a great holiday. It was really hot here but finally cooled down, so today it should be in the 80s. Much better. Not sure what I'm going to do today. My leg has been hurting like a mudda. I'm getting so discouraged. I took Zora down to the field and walked her a bit. And I was really sore after. I did stretch. If not working out isn't providing benefits then I might as well work out.

Diane--you'll get back to it soon, no doubt.

Rachel--How is it going?

Charlene--How was your holiday?

Hannah?

have a good day everyone!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/140/120 5'4"
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good afternoon Slimmers!

We had a great couple of days on vacation. Wish we could of stayed longer but DS's work schedule wouldnt allow it.

Scale is at 127 this morning. Hoping to really buckle down the rest of the month so I can see the low 120s. I am not signed up for any 5Ks so far for this month. I need to find atleast 1 to do.

Beth: happy birthday to Zora! Don't get discouraged! Hang in there!

Diane: what Jillian are you doing?

Charlene: how was the game?

Hannah: hi!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #11

Hello Slimmers!

Took a 5 mile bike ride this morning. I would rather walk but it was nice for a change. I have also did squats, calf raises, pushups and stretches. I need to do some situps still.

I have super motivation right now. I really need to use it to make some serious progress.

How is everyone?
Old 07-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! (or is it good afternoon)

I'm doing well today. My leg is hurting like a son of a gun again, but I'm doing the best that I can. Will ice it again soon. And stretch, before ice. Not good to stretch cold muscles. Not much planned today except doing a few things around the house. Yesterday was a gorgeous day. Perfect temperature and quiet. DH is enjoying his time in Chicago. He so needed a break and I'm glad that he got one. And Zora let me sleep until 7 this morning. What a good dog. I'll have to take her for a walk later so she can get her ya-yas out.

Rachel--if you have any extra motivation, send it over my way would ya? I could use some.

Diane--did you make it to the gym

Charlene--what's up in Texas?

Hannah--how bout you?

Well, I think I'll have something to eat and then get moving. I love lazy summer days. (Of course I've had about a year of lazy days, but I think I needed those).
Old 07-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #13

Good morning Slimmers!

Scale is at 127 still. I really want to start seeing a new low. I am not sure what I am doing. I know I will do some strength training and cardio.

No real plans today except church.

Beth: i qm sending some motivation your way! Sorry to hear your leg is still hurting.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #14

Evening Slimmers!

Where is everyone? I hope everyone had a great weekend! It is back to reality for all of us tomorrow. Vacation is over!

I went to the school track tonight. I did 4 miles of walking/jogging. I also did 2 sets of stairs for 6 minutes each. I need to build up my endurance for running.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #15

Hi Slimmers!

Scale is at 128 this morning. Why cant I get below 127? I feel really good this morning. I can tell I did stairs yesterday thats for sure. I am going to try that again tonight. I also need to do upper body today.

I hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Its been wonderfully quiet here. I miss dh, but he will be home on Thursday. It was really good for him to get away. I was a very lazy slug over the weekend. But I'm ready to get moving. My leg seems to be a little better. I've taken the dog on a couple of short walks and then came home and stretched and iced. And I realized that not working out isn't particularly helping, at least not stretching. So I'll see how it goes at my appointment today. I may head back to the gym this week, if only for cardio on the bike.

Rachel--nasty scale. I'm sure it will move soon.

Charlene--how was the holiday weekend? What are you up to?

Diane--did you get to the gym this weekend?

Hannah--???

Well, must get moving. I sealed our granite countertops and now I need to put everything away again. And I have a lunch date with a member of my grief group. Have a great day all.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

I guess I'm doing decent.. trying to watch what I eat.. Seem to be getting better about controlling what and how much I eat. When I started the Jillian thing I was exactly at 200 (ugh), and today, 7 days later I'm 195.

Beth: nope, no gym.. I had a decent migraine Saturday.. With having to drive my son to work yesterday I couldn't go.. Fridays not looking good either.. hopefully I get there Saturday!

Charlene: have you seen that new show Under the Dome? It reminds me of Lost in a way.. But it's a small town rather than an island.

Rachel: the Jillian program I'm doing is the 14 day cleanse and burn.. it's n ot an exercise program.. the first 7 days you take the detox and cleanse (which I just finished), then the next 7 days you take the probiotic and the fat burner... The detox and cleanse has a mild diaretic effect. It must work somewhat because I lost exactly 5 lbs in the first 7 days despite not always eating great and TOM starting halfway through! I'm just starting the fat burner today so Ill let you know how that goes!

Last edited by Annie64; 07-09-2013 at 05:58 AM..
Old 07-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #18

Good morning slimmers!

Scale is still at 128. Yesterday's workout consisted of 35 minutes on the treadmill and 3 different 10 minute trainer videos from Beachbody. WOW can I feel it this morning. Today's workout will be atleast 1 hour of cardio, abs and arms strength training.

Diane: congrats on being down 5 lbs in 7 days!!!

Beth: how did your appointment go?
Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Man I'm feeling a bit spacey today. I must need some more sleep. I'm meeting a former colleague for lunch today. My appointment went well. I seem to be making progress and I can go back to the gym but there are a few exercises I'm going to cut out to see if they are causing some of this problem. I'm going to start with the bike. But given how I feel, today may not be the day.

Rachel--you're rocking the workouts. That evil scale has to move soon. Any 5ks this week? How about a 10k?

Charlene--where are you girl. We miss you!

Diane--5 pounds is great. Just keep on keeping on. Things will smooth out.

Hannah?

Must get a few chores done before I head out. Have a good day all!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #20

Evening Slimmers!

I only did cardio today. I did 4 miles this morning and 4 miles this evening. Tomorrow will be lots of strength training and atleast 30 minutes of cardio.

My eating is going super great. I am also drinking lots of water. I still start my day with a cup of coffee but I havent been drinking it all lately. My body wants water!

Beth: glad you are able to get back to the gym! Please be careful though! I am going to do a 5k this Saturday, possibly next Saturday and the following Saturday. I may try to do a 10k this fall. I am thinking about doing a 1/2 in Champaign next spring.

Hi everyone else! Miss you all lots! Post when you can.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't know if it's stress related or if the Jillian supplements are causing a side effect, but since Saturday my right arm feels like the circulation isn't quite normal and my thumb sometimes twitches just a little. Weird. What a roller coaster ride the past few weeks have been, and it's far from over, but thank goodness I'm not binge eating! I did very well today, although its more because I was so busy with a family issue that I forgot to eat until dinner. I feel like I NEED to do SOME kind of exercise even if it's just a few minutes of pilates type exercises or some crunches.. anything! Hmm, then again, it would be interesting to see how much I lose withOUT exercise with these supplements.. then maybe try it again weeks later WITH.

Beth: Glad you able to get back to the gym, but yes.. be careful! Bike is probably a good thing to start out with.

Charlene: where are you? (I'm one to talk!)

Hannah: Hope everything is ok and that you can post soon!

Rachel: Just look at you with all the 5Ks! And thinking of a 10k? woo hoo!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:25 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

194.6 this morning! I think the lowest I've gotten for at least several months now was 193.2, so I'm about to pass that up. Depending on what goes on today and when I might make to the gym later today since I'm not going to work. Even if i don't take a class, I would be happy just doing some machines. I'll check back in later...
Old 07-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the late checkin. I had a meeting in the city for this new temp gig which should be starting in about a month. And when I got home I got a very disturbing call from dh. He is in Chicago visiting his brother. One of the purposes of the visit was to discuss end of life issues so we would know what to do. After going through my mom's accident and death, it was really helpful to know what she wanted. Anyway, dh finally brings up the subject and finds out that his brother had cancer 6 years ago and NEVER TOLD HIM! Dh is just crushed, and scared. They only have each other. My bil isn't married, has no kids. Since my mil died of brain cancer, knowing that his brother has/had cancer is kind of a big familial health information thing. But my heart is just breaking for both of them. DH is so upset, feels so badly. He wants to be there for his brother, he is much older than him. I just cry thinking about it.

And my leg is acting up again. I had an emergency visit to the chiropractor today and she used ultrasound to try and calm everything down. When I stood up after my meeting, I could put any weight on my leg to walk. I HATE THIS!

Anyway--I'm done ranting.

Rachel--what's up?

Diane--hope things are well. Did you make it to the gym.

Charlene--where are you?

Have a good evening. DH is coming home tomorrow. I can't wait to see him.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/210/175
WOE: Low Carb
Hey hey! Been going and blowing! Still working out with my girls. I have the youngest one doing it now. Two days ago. we did a circuit workout and my little one still is having trouble walking lol! I took dd15 to Anna (where we use to live) on Monday evening and I ended up staying and visiting with my good friend and didn't get home until midnight. It was great catching up. I meet the family who has dd15 tomorrow halfway to bring her home and then Friday there is a huge group of us going to the cliffs again to hang for the day. That is the most fun place to go.

Beth - that is so awful about your BIL. Is the cancer back or did he just decide to tell now that he did have it at one time? I hate that your leg is giving you fits.

Diane - I have not seen Under the Dome. I may have to check it out. We are on season 4 of Lost but we are taking a break while dd15 is out of town. How much longer on the cleanse?

Rachel - that scale is getting lower. Glad you had a good holiday.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale was down only by .2 but its still going in the right direction. Very very stressed.. how much stress and drama can one family take? It just keeps piling on from all directions
Old 07-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all,

Just a quick check in. Dh is home from Chicago. He and his brother have talked and are working things out. I think this will be the start of a whole new relationship for them. It wasn't what dh was expecting from this trip, but I think he actually got something more profound.

My leg is really not good. Muscle spasm deep in the glute is what is causing the problem so I am now taking a muscle relaxant. Ultrasound works but I can't do that everyday. Yuck.

Hope you are all doing well. I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #27

TGIF Slimmers!

I weighed 127 this morning. I just can not seemed to get below that # no matter what. Not sure what my workout will be today. I like to take it easy the day before a 5K.

Beth: i sure hope you get some relief for your leg! Glad your DH is back home.

Diane: sorry to hear you are stressed! Hang in there!

Charlene: sounds like you are having a great summer!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Weight was the same today. I DID go to the gym this morning and do a step class though.. it felt good to be back and helped relieve some of the heavy anxiety I have been feeling constantly. I plan to go tomorrow morning as well.

I'm in the fat burning week of the program... these have guarana, which I read is 250% more caffeine than coffee, and I have been drinking my frappuccino's at the same time.. yikes.

My arm issue was bad last night.. my arm kind of hurt along with the constriction and thumb twitching.. but it feels better this morning. It could be carpal tunnel maybe.. ??

Charlene: I watched Lost the first season or maybe 2, but then "lost" interest or got busy or something.. Under the Dome just happened to record on my tv.. I must have had it set to record something else that wasn't on, so it recorded that instead.. I ended up watching it anyway, and it was interesting.

Beth: Sorry about your leg.. that sounds awful! How long have you been having issues with it now?

Rachel: Well, I think you look great! Maybe 127 is where you are meant to be? You've got to have built muscle with all the exercise you have been doing!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

I'm so happy to have DH home. I missed him. I liked having the time and house all to myself, but I really like having him home. I'm still struggling with my leg. I'm just not sure what to do anymore. I thought I was getting closer to getting better but it doesn't seem that way. I do want to try to get to the gym, but with a gig this weekend, it won't happen until Monday. Gotta go out and do the grocery shopping today. DH is having a stress test today. He said the last few days have prepped him for it

Diane--sounds like you might have a pinched/trapped nerve. Massage, chiropractic, stretching, ice and ibuprofen will help. Glad you got to the gym. Physical activity is so helpful to manage anxiety, which is one of the reasons I'm really unhappy about not being able to get to the gym. I need the endorphins!

Rachel--stupid scale! You do have lots of muscle tone which may be why the scale is moving for you. Keep on keeping on. It will move.

Charlene--sounds like you're having a great summer. How much fun can one person have?

Guess I better get the day started. Have a good one everyone!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #30

Evening!

So much for taking it easy today. I did 2 mile walk this morning and 5 miles this evening. I also did a little upper body weights this evening.

Beth: hope your DHs stress test went well today.

Diane: good job going to the gym!

Charlene: hi!
Closed Thread