Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2Lift
Stats: 193/185/150
WOE: Atkins / protein powder
Start Date: 23rd July 2013
Hi all can I join?

I'm 191lb this morning but have lost a few lbs recently. I competed yesterday so couldn't low carb right before it for fear of losing energy / strength. I'm on track today with low carb though so ready for action!

My goal is around 170lb initially then 150lb maintained ultimately. This would be a first for me in my adult life though so is a VERY hard goal to imagine as I was 227lb at my heaviest.

first goal for fall / autumn is 170lb

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I ended up going to the zoo for work today! The mom decided to take the day off and we spent the morning there, but I had some pizza for lunch.. I was so hungry though. TOM is going to start any minute, so I think that is partly why my weight is up so much.

Love2Lift: Absolutely you can join our group! We are similar in our goals.. I am in the 190's right now, but want to get back to the 170's. I am not sure how much more I want to lose after that, originally I was thinking around 150, but I am going to figure it out when I get there
Old 07-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/229.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good evening everyone!

Did not manage to do much today. Had insomnia last night and couldn't quite get it together today. I did go to get the last series of shots in my knees today.

Diane--so how was the zoo? And everything else?

Rachel--another 5k this weekend?

Charlene--starstruck, huh?

L2L--Welcome. We would love to have you.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good morning slimmers!

Weight is at 129. TOM is here so hoping to see a loss by the end of the week. Did 4.2 miles and upper body strength training yesterday. Need to do another 4 miles and abs today.

I have another 5k this Saturday. I am hoping to find 1 for the weekend of August 24th too. These seem to keep me focused.

Beth: how are your knees today?

Diane: i love going to the zoo!

Live2lift:
Old 07-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie64 View Post
I ended up going to the zoo for work today! The mom decided to take the day off and we spent the morning there, but I had some pizza for lunch.. I was so hungry though. TOM is going to start any minute, so I think that is partly why my weight is up so much.

Love2Lift: Absolutely you can join our group! We are similar in our goals.. I am in the 190's right now, but want to get back to the 170's. I am not sure how much more I want to lose after that, originally I was thinking around 150, but I am going to figure it out when I get there
We really have then! 154lb has been my goal for a long looooong time, but I've never got lower than 169lbs . So for me to aim for that and get down I think I'll be doing mini-goals along the way. I was so thrilled to get into the 160's range and then messed up! so really do want to do this.

I compete and the range is <70kg , <80kg so a big shift in weight needed to jump down a class. I'm competing in the <90kg at the moment so that is the first one to get out of then take it from there. the lower the class I'm in the less I'm expected to lift. I dunno how they think body fat moves weight but I guess the classes are aimed at muscle mass not body fat.

Anyway.. today I'm on track and doing well - I'm eating more meat / eggs than protein shakes as they started making me want to throw up - I do a lot of driving in my job.

Hope you're all doing well.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

I'm still pretty low energy today. I did have my last series of knee shots yesterday, so no gym until tomorrow. They need a day or so to recover from having needles and gel injected into them. I think I'll be hanging around the house and doing stuff here. Just lazing around. Received another inquiry for a potential job. Not sure it is a firm I want to work at, but I will explore every avenue.

Rachel--you just rock those 5ks. I think you should try for a 10k next.

L2L--So how long have you been lifting? And how did you get interested in it?

Charlene--what up?

Diane--how ya doing?

Have a great day all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:46 AM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good morning!

Scale is at 126 this morning. I cant seem to get lower than that. I am staring T25 workouts next week and continue running. My goal is to get below 120.

Taking DD19 to Eureka this morning for a 4 day retreat.

I will be back later for personals.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! Back from the beach. It was a great trip! Tent camped one night and the kids HATED it - mosquitoes ate us alive. So, the next two nights, we got a cheap motel. We fished, swam, went to the movies, and just had a great time. TOM came and so am staying away from scale due to that plus I know with all the food I ate, it's not gonna be good. Back on track today.

If you saw my photo on Facebook - we ran into Jason Castro from American Idol a few seasons ago. My dd15 and I were so starstruck - we giggled and followed him around and then would pretend to be shopping when he would see us. My dd15 said, "Come on, you're always the cool mom - why are you choosing now to be shy?" So, I finally said, "Are you Jason?" LOL Then we got the picture. He was vacationing there as well.

Diane - look at what a couple days of back on track can do for you! Yay!!

Beth - so is there an alternative to the tube MRI since you can't get in there?

Rachel - You are really rocking those workouts!

Love2Lift - welcome!! Stick around!!! I love to use weights as well.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Man I slept like a log last night! Must have needed it. Gym, laundry and errands today.

Charlene--glad you had a great time mock-camping Saw your FB photo with Jason. How very cool. We have celebrity sightings here all the time since a lot of them live in the County. I sat next to Robin Wright Penn on a flight from LAX to here once. And next to Dennis Haggerty. I wasn't sure it was him until I heard him on the phone--his voice is so distinctive. They wait until the very last minute to get on the plane. I saw George Lucas wondering around the mall one year at Christmas. DH spied Tom Johnston from the Doobie Brothers at a street festival. And I saw Alice Cooper at the Farmers Market. And I see Davey Pattison all the time (lead singer for GAMMA and Robin Trower) since he is a friend of the band. And Miles Schon played with the band at a charity gig last summer. His father is Neil Schon, guitar player for Journey.

Rachel--what up today? Are you at the retreat for 4 days, or just DD?

Diane--how ya doing this week?

L2L--how are you.

Must do something constructive after being a slug. Have a good day.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Hope you got all your chores done Bethr
and sleep is lovely when it's good isn't it!!

I've come on today so am washed out, first few days hit my mind as much as my body unfortunately. I am pleased to say am down to 188 this morning so 3lb gone. felt amazing. We're all off out for a day trip tomorrow (my only day off work this week) so we're off to an animal / amusement park -weather is supposed to dry up but we had rain all day so I'm really hoping it keeps to the weathermens predicitions! lol

Leg day for me on Friday instead of today (I would ache too much tomorrow and am too washed out anyhow).

hope you have a great 1st August all!
Closed Thread