Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/210/175
WOE: Low Carb
Hey hey! Just got back from the lake again and had a BLAST! I am burned but the kids and I had such a good time. I did just a tad of a workout this morning before we left. Not enough to break much of a sweat. I had so much to do to get ready to go. I posted one pic of me jumping - finally - I had not done that before. hehehe

Rachel - woohoo - look at you go on those workouts!!!

Beth - glad you got your dh back! Enjoy! Hope your leg feels better soon!

Diane - hope your arm thing heals soon and doesn't turn into something else. Hope the stress eases as well.

Have a great evening!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/242/229.5 by 6/30/13
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 10/21/10
Hi All!

My chiropractor told me today that I need to see my doctor. I've not gotten better and I'm a very compliant patient so we need to look deeper. I was able to get a late appointment with my doc, and she has ordered an MRI. I am not happy about that. I don't like enclosed spaces. I'm not happy, but this has to get better.

Charlene--loved the picture! You go girl!

Rachel--you're rockin it! DH passed his stress test . His blood pressure was a little up, but there is no signs of anything else to be concerned about.

Diane--how goes it?

Have a good evening!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. It's going to be unseasonably cooler these next couple days so I think I'm going to work in the yard some, do some major house cleaning and work out later. We got invited to a friend's last night for dinner and it was so much fun. Grilled steaks and they made this dessert of grilled peach halves with ice cream and pecan caramel topping. Holy cow - I haven't eaten sweets in so long. It was wonderful but I am feeling bloated today. Summer is flying by and I hate that! I want it to slow down! I am loving it!

Beth - when do you see your doctor? I sure hope it's nothing major, but I know you are ready for some answers.

Hey Rachel and Diane! Hope all is well!

Hannah - if you're still checking in - loved your fishing pictures on FB - looked so relaxing!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a gig on Saturday evening which usually leaves me exhausted the next day. And it did. A lot of walking and schlepping stuff over uneven ground. Not good for my leg. The band was a little rough in places. They've not rehearsed in a long time because of the guitar player's kids' social schedules. Yes that right. The lives of the band members revolve around the social schedules of two kids. Its annoying. We have two gigs this weekend. So by Sunday I' ll be dead tired. At least the venues are fairly easy to load in and out of.

Rachel--how was your run this weekend?

Charlene--how's it going?

Diane--did you make it to the gym?

Hannah--???

Waiting for the morning gloom to burn off. We've had some beautiful days lately. Warm, but not too. Peaceful and quiet.

Have a good day all!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I stopped the Jillian program early to see if my arm issue got better.. it went away right away.. hmmm. I may try it again in a few weeks and see if it happens again, because it did seem to be working as far as weight loss. I am up a couple lbs from eating really bad from stress the past two days, but I'm doing well today.

Charlene: Cooler where you are? Ughhh it's going to be in the 90's here all week! They need to come fix my air conditioning again.. it works but it won't keep up with where it's set and slowly climbs up throughout the day.

Beth: No, I slept in VERY late Saturday, so no gym! I really needed it I guess!

Hi to Rachel and Hannah!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/140/120 5'4"
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Hi Slimmers!

Woo hoo I have a new low today!! I finally saw 126 on the scale this morning. I am so excited!!

Today is atleast a 4 mile run/walk and lots of legs and abs.

Diane: is your arm still ok?

Beth: my run was good this weekend. My time was 35 minutes. I am still wanting to shave seceral minutes off my time. How's your leg?

Charlene: i want summer to slow down too!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you are having a good day. Not a lot going on here. I need to make the appointment for my mri. I'm hoping to get back to the gym tomorrow. I'm still in pain, but I gotta do something besides sit around.

Rachel--that scale finally smartened up. congrats on the movement. I'm just really impressed that you're running all

Diane--interesting that supplement was causing you problems with your arm. Glad you found some resolution to that.

Charlene--what's up with you?

Have a great day!

Last edited by bethr; 07-16-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

How is everyone doing today? I plan on going to the gym. I just really need to get there. I'm feeling it! I need the endorphins! The anxiety is creeping back in. My brother called me last night wanting to know what was going on with dh because of his cryptic FB posts. I told him about my bil not telling dh about his cancer diagnosis 6 years ago and told him I would kick his patootie if he ever did that to me. So he tells me that he was recently diagnosed with restless leg syndrome. It sounds pretty brutal. And stress makes it worse. And he is under tremendous stress. And I find out that there is a genetic component to it also. It was good to talk to him. I really miss him.

Rachel--how's it going today?

Charlene--are you enjoying your weather. My brother said it was pouring rain while he was talking to me.

Diane--how are you doing today?

We had a very cool day yesterday with no sun. The sun is out today and we're beginning a warm up. We have two gigs this weekend, with one of them outside in the evening, so I want it to be warm, cuz things cool down very quickly once the sun goes down here.

Have a good day all!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

I made it to the gym!!! Just did 30 minutes on the bike and my stretching. Its a start.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Not eating too well, but still working out with my girls. My pool has a leak and still no one has been here to fix it. It's rained the last several days, so I didn't miss it, but today is hot and sunny and I want to be in it! I texted my landlord again about the guy who was supposed to fix it but has yet to show up, so maybe she will try and get someone else. Been low on $ so have been cooking and staying at home trying to save, but I sure love to gooooooo. lol

Beth - glad you made it to the gym!

Diane - how's everything going with the new job and new place? Still love it?

Rachel - woooo hoooo on the new low! You rock!!!

Well, I need to get the girls in the "gym" - I HATE that they sleep so late and we have to workout midday. ICK!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

How is everyone doing today? I have to get my knees shot up today, first of 3 appointments over the next 10 days. I hate doing this but it really does help, and it is starting to last a little bit longer each time. No gym until at least Monday. I have to wait 24-48 hours after an injection and then we have two gigs, one tomorrow and one on Saturday. I'm usually in pain after those from all the hauling of equipment. And pretty tired too!

Rachel--how is the scale treating you?

Charlene--how are the workouts going?

Diane--make it to the gym?

Have a good day all!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Charlene--you snuck in on me! No sense in having a pool if you can't use it! Get those girls up early for boot camp and then they can head back to bed. You're the drill sergeant!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I hope you're have a good day. We had a gig last night and now my leg and hip is screaming at me. We have another one tonight. Then a three week break. I'm just not in a good place today. Hope you are all doing better than I am.

Have a good one.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning? Where is everyone? I hope you are all out enjoying a lovely weekend. Had a great gig last night. It was a private party at a venue we play at often. Its caused the Sausalito Cruising Club and its a private club on an old barge/boat docked in the bay in Sausalito. As we finished up (a little earlier than we usually do there) and were packing up, high tide came in and started to cover the gangway that we use to board the boat. Its never done that when we've been there. High tide and new moon. So we had to wade through water and carry the gear over it (and some of that stuff is pretty heavy). We should have had "The Tide is High" on our set let last night, it would have been apropos. My back/leg is really mad after two gigs this weekend. I was in horrible pain last night that woke me up twice and sent me to the couch with ice. My MRI is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. I hope I can get some answers and some treatment to get this back under control and so I can have a life again. Very frustrating.

Rachel--any 5k? this weekend?

Charlene--what's going on with you?

Diane--did you get to the gym?

Have a good day all!
Old 07-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #45

Morning Slimmers'

Scale was at 129 this morning. Can't seem to get back to my new low of 126. I havent had as much motivation this past week due to the heat & humidity. I am getting ready to go run at the track here soon.

Beth: i didnt have a 5k this past weekend but am doing one this coming Saturday. Its called "fight like a girl". Please take care of your leg!

Charlene: did ya get your pool fixed?

Diane: hi!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #46

Morning slimmers!

Scale is going crazy and I am up to 131 this morning.

I had a great workout last night. I did almost 4 miles then came home and did lots of strength training. I am a little sore this morning. I am toing to get in another 4 miles this morning then tonight I am doing Beachbodys T25.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon all!

Hope you had a great weekend. I'm about ready to head out the door and hit the gym for some bike time. My back is better today but I'm not sure it will stay that way in the long term. I just iced it, and will do so after I get back from the gym. It is cloudy and humid here today. Not overly hot, but a bit uncomfortable. Not much else is new.

Rachel--your scale must be influenced by the full moon! It will find its old new low soon.

Charlene--where are you?

Diane?

Hello?

Have a good day all.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #48

Evening Slimmers!

I just got back from trying Beachbody's T25 workout. Amazing!!!

Beth: how's your leg doing?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon all!

Just got back from getting my knees shot up. Only one more round of shots next Monday. I have my mri this afternoon. So not looking forward to that. I did make it to the gym yesterday and rode the bike and stretched. My legs seems to be feeling better but when I got on the bike I could feel the quad starting to tighten up. But I pushed through it. Also went to the chiropractor yesterday and my muscles are a little sore from the adjustment. I just want to get better so I can get back to my life.

Rachel--I'll have to look up the beach body workout. How was the scale to you today?

Charlene--where are you?

Diane--where are you?

Must get a few chores done before I have to take the drugs so I can make it through the mri. I'll be glad to get it over with!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #50

Afternoon Slimmers!

I hate my scale!! I weighed in at 197 today. I think it is time for a new scale.

This morning I did 4.85 miles and upper body strength training. I will get in atleast a 4 mile gike ride tonight plus some squats. I also need to vaccum the pool and that is a arm workout for me.

Beth: how did your MRI go? I want you to feel better too!

Where is everyone else?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey gang.. I've been lurking somewhat. Going through a really super hard time and things keep piling on. I'm not going to go into it, but I'm really just taking life a day at a time. My weight (of course) is back up to the big 2-0-0. Stress eating for sure.. I had that under control at some point, but this year, not so much! I am trying to get back on track.. I did ok today, not great, but decent. I went to the gym.. ummm, I think I went Friday and Saturday, but I had to stop after the step part of the Sat. class because as soon as I started with the hand weights the migraine I fought off that morning came back with a vengeance! I hope to get back to my normal routine soon. This next week is going to be pretty stressful, so I don't know how good I will be, but let's hope I get it under control.

Beth: How did the MRI go???

Rachel: That scale is possessed!

Charlene: The new job is going well.. I like it, but the days can feel pretty long sometimes! (10 1/2 hour days).
Old 07-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #52

Diane: my thoughts and prayers are with you! Please remember we are here for you. I know all about those long days! I sometimes have my nephews over 11 hours. Hang in there!!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everyone!

Well, I failed at my MRI. I just couldn't tolerate the closed in feeling. So now they will schedule me for the open MRI. I told my doc I couldn't do it, but she insisted I try. Now I get to wait around for them to contact me to schedule it. My leg is a little sore. I'm pretty tired and have a hangover from the meds I took yesterday so I could manage the mri, which didn't work, obviously. No gym today. I give my knees a rest after the shots. They are certainly feeling a lot better now.

Diane--hang in there. It will get better, or at least different.

Rachel--time for a new scale. Still have to check out that workout.

Charlene--where are you my pretty?

Zora's sister had 11 puppies last night. 7 yellows, 3 blacks and a chocolate. They're so cute.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! My internet went down and we have such awful service at our house, connecting via the phone was frustrating. I woke up this morning and checked the wireless modem and saw all green lights and was like, yay!!!! Planning a beach trip with the teen friends this weekend. They are so excited and say they want to primitive tent camp on the beach. UGH! Not sure about that, but I guess if we get too uncomfortable, we will get a room. My pool is semi fixed as of two days ago and just got to use it last night, however, there still seems to be a steady trickle of water coming from somewhere but haven't decided if its from the backwash I've been doing or if there's still a problem. But, I have it back clear and pretty and ready to float in again. Played basketball with the teens last night at dh's school and I am SO SORE! He played with us as well and honestly, he is so overweight, I really worried about him and he looked so miserable. Later he complained of being sick and then last night at 3:00 a.m. threw up. He thinks it was a bad burger, but I think he overdid it. I have got to get him to agree on healthy eating! Maybe this will do it! Eating for me has not been good at all, and exercise has been....kind of self defeating and I need to reign this back in. Summer is flying by!

Diane - thinking of you and hoping things get better soon!

Rachel - I will have to look up the Beachbody T25 - have not heard of that. I love Beachbody products though.

Beth - I see you're still hitting the gym when you can. Sorry about the MRI - not sure I could do that either. That's awesome about the puppies.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Developing a migraine, so I am going to keep this short.. I did pretty dang good today! Perhaps it was seeing 202.6 on the scale.. it was terrifying, especially since I didn't think I did that bad yesterday. I drank a lot of water today, and I just didn't FEEL like having anything bad or sugary. You know when your brain just clicks and you know you are doing it? Hoping to go the the gym in the morning.. I have got to try to get back into some kind of routine. Next week I switched my days from T-W-Th to M-W-F because of things going on I have to take care of, so no gym pretty much all week.. ugh! Even more reason to go tomorrow and on the weekend.

Rachel: Thanks Always nice to know you guys are here.

Beth: I get claustrophobic so I don't know if I could do it either! How do they do an open MRI?

Charlene: I go nuts without internet! My phone has been really slow lately.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Good Evening All!

Hope you are all doing well. I went to the gym today with dh and did my weight workout, only two sets but at least I did it. My leg isn't too bad, but then I'm back on low dose steroids, which helps. I have another mri tomorrow in an open mri. It is kind of like a sandwich with open sides versus a manicotti tube. And I think I can go in feet first so my head isn't so far in. I know the pictures aren't as good but unless they can totally knock me out they won't be getting me in that other one.

Charlene--I know what you mean, I feel like I'm out of control and need to tighten down on my eating. Glad to see you back on line. We've missed you.

Diane--Sorry about the migraine. Hope you get it under control and feel better. Back to the gym for us both.

Rachel--I take it that you're camping. Have fun.

Have a great evening all!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Weight was back down to 200.8 this morning (better than 202.6).. I'm sure I will be back in Onederland tomorrow. I went to the gym today for step class and was able to do the whole class, weights and all, but I didn't feel as strong as I use to.. it did feel good though. I plan to go tomorrow and Sunday for sure since next week it will be VERY difficult to go unless I go at night (which I may just to do an eliptical or weight machines - I don't always HAVE to do classes). Curt had said he may start going back to the gym in the fall, so I better get my rear in gear!

I am going to do the Jillian Cleanse and Burn thing again starting today since I am feeling on track. I'm thinking since it worked last time and my eating was good but not great, how much better will it be if I am more on track? Hoping that arm issue doesn't start up again.. I will have to watch the caffeine while I do this. I'm not sure it was the source of the arm thing and thumb twitching, but if it's starts up again, I will know for sure I guess.

Beth: Good for both of us getting back to the gym! I took migraine meds last night when I went to bed, so fortunately they worked and I didn't wake up with one.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies!

Well I failed at my mri again today. Just couldn't do it. I'll need to add medication and try again next week. grrrrr. I'm not too sore today after going to the gym yesterday. I saw on FB why we haven't seen Hannah--another little one on the way!

Diane--glad to see the scale heading in the right direction. Yeah, you may have had too much caffeine in your system. Also watch weather taking that stuff increases your anxiety (which it might with all you have going on). Good job at the gym!

Charlene--pool time today?

Rachel--what's up?

Have a good day all!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you all had a great day yesterday. DH has a golf outing/picnic for his clients today so I'll be going to help him with that. I won't be golfing, I don't want to make my back angry, but I will help with the picnic and my goddaughter will be there so I'll probably be taking care of her. I'll also take my camera to document the event.

So what is everyone up to today?
Have a good day all!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep.. back down to 198.8 this morning. Went to step class.. it was a good class - wore me out! I've missed it. Abs are sore from yesterday.

Beth: Oh that sucks about the MRI! You'll do it next time. Have fun today!
Closed Thread