Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Out on the water yesterday in a Kiwi boat (hybrid of kayak and canoe) which was bliss - lots of Damsel Flies, hatchlings/ducklings, some grass snakes swam across the river (at a very narrow point) and the scent of the hedgerows and wildflowers was charming. My only regret is that my sunscreen was nowhere near water-resistant enough (I didn't wear waterproof as I didn't go in the water but the splashing of the paddles and from others was obviously enough to make it fail).

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 02:45 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Yep enjoying and loving. In the garden all day yesterday BBQ last night..so the tan has been well and truly topped up from recently holiday.

Back down to 66kgs which was pre holiday weight YAY Not had any alcohol for 3 weeks and that has been harrrrd!!

Continuing with Dukan as I like the way of eating and it is working (got rid of nearly 3kgs from holidays). One I get to target (63 kg ish) I may change over to JUDDD as I liked that way of eating BUT was just putting the same 2lbs pounds back on UD and losing the same 2lbs on DD...wasn't making any headway with it. Or maybe I.ll stick with Dukan why change it when its not broken lol.

Hope that you are all having a nice weekend too. Slow you canoe/kyak sounded fun.

Last edited by lola5k; 07-07-2013 at 02:50 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

whoops it seemed to post twice.

Last edited by lola5k; 07-07-2013 at 02:49 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blotto76
Stats: 175.25/163/140
WOE: Atkins first time round, Dukan now
Start Date: 5 May 2008/restart 17 June 2013 (Dukan)
Yay Lola!

x
Old 07-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Hi everyone!

Lola, congratulations, you are rocking that Dukan!!!!!

Well, so far, after two and a half up days I've no loss to report, but also no gains!!!!!! So all in all a good weekend.

Had fun at the Bruce Springsteen concert, it was really good!
Saturday was lovely, the weather was great and we spent it visiting the Ludwig museum in Cologne and just wandering around. CSD was on (Christopher Street Day, which is like Gay Pride) so lots to see and watch! Great atmosphere too.

Yesterday we got home around lunchtime and it was just nice to sit around in the garden reading the newspaper. Didn't get up to much!

Another lovely day today, unfortunately I'm locked away at work, so won't enjoy any sunshine till my lunch break or this evening when I walk the dog!

My menu today:

B and L: nothing, it's a fasting day
D: 3 egg omelette with spinach, fresh herbs, saurkraut, tuna and parmesan. Works out to be a daily total of 493 calories.

Have a good day everyone!!!
xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola5k View Post
Back down to 66kgs which was pre holiday weight YAY Not had any alcohol for 3 weeks and that has been harrrrd!!
... Slow you canoe/kyak sounded fun.
Well done on the losses and abstinence Being on the water was super tho' being a red-blonde with very fair skin, I'm now paying for the sunscreen failure. Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
...Had fun at the Bruce Springsteen concert, it was really good!
Saturday was lovely, the weather was great and we spent it visiting the Ludwig museum in Cologne and just wandering around. CSD was on (Christopher Street Day, which is like Gay Pride) so lots to see and watch!
Sounds like a lovely, relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

I'm dragging a bit as the hot temperatures, my usual sleep difficulties plus the sunburn all contributed to a restless night. I wish I were near enough to a park to go and have a nap under a tree during lunchtime.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Mimosa great that you didn't put on....so that is brill!! You seem to have got really into JUDDD that's great when we find a plan that we are happy with and which is working.

Concert sounded fab.

Slow..so sorry about the Sunburn that must hurt. Luckily I have Italian olive skin from my grandparents and tan really easily. A kinda yellow colour even in the winter. My MIL used to say that I had "dirty skin" b****y cheek! lol...probably cos I am not pure British white lol

Hope everyone else enjoying the sun and sticking to plan very difficult not to drink alcohol with all this BBQ weather and tennis that has been around. I did succumb to a couple of glasses myself on Friday night..luckily no damage phew!

Last edited by lola5k; 07-08-2013 at 12:21 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

I have the olive italian skin too, very useful when you live somewhere hot like this!

Mim, glad no gains, well done.

Slow, the kayak sounds fine, apart from the sun burn of course.

Lola, yay, glad you had a cheeky glass of vino, you were sounding far too saintly hehe!

Hi everyone else, keep enjoying that sunshine!

x
Old 07-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola5k View Post
Luckily I have Italian olive skin from my grandparents and tan really easily. A kinda yellow colour even in the winter. My MIL used to say that I had "dirty skin" b****y cheek! lol...probably cos I am not pure British white lol ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blotto76 View Post
I have the olive italian skin too, very useful when you live somewhere hot like this!
DH has olive skin - it really is fantastically useful and it helps him look healthy at the merest hint of sunshine.

Lola - what a baggage of a MIL (sorry, but honestly). Apparently, more than 80 years ago, DH's Great-Grandmother expressed her feelings that DH's grandfather was so olive-skinned that she suspected that his family had a 'touch of the tar' as the ghastly expression was in those days. But, literally another country as well as a very different time.

The especial irony behind that is that one of the grandfather's forebears was such a London beauty that her portrait was included in a Book of Beauties (sadly, I've forgotten the name) and she was praised for her extraordinarily beautiful complexion, dark eyes and lashes (which DH has and seem to have been handed down that side of the lineage).
Old 07-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
RAMADAN KAREEM!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
DH has olive skin - it really is fantastically useful and it helps him look healthy at the merest hint of sunshine.

Lola - what a baggage of a MIL (sorry, but honestly)..
That was one of many things so I rest my case lol.......wow what a lovely story.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Ramadan Kareem Blondie, and to all our other muslim friends!

x
Old 07-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone,

Hope you are all well. I.m still on dukan but no losses this week as yet but tomorrow is another day lol.

B Dukan pancake and 0% fat yoghurt.
L Cottage cheese and chicken
D Salmon and spinich. 0% fat yoghurt.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing. I.m just off to body pump then into work from 12 noon and its gonna be a manic day.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Wow, it's quiet on here - everyone must be out enjoying the sunshine!

I've abandoned my Dukan bud (sorry Lola!) and I've switched over to Paleo. I was just finding my training too hard on the restrictive low fat food. Now I can add fruit when I have heavy sessions, and can have veggies every day - I feel much healthier, and after two days I haven't lost, but I haven't gained back any of my Dukan losses either, so it's a win win.

x
Old 07-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been out in a kiwi boat again - such bliss. No blood-sucking insects around the water as yet but enough heat/sunshine to bring out every idyllic countryside smell (it won't be long before the other sort sets in but for now, it's beautiful)

Blotto, I always have to time my gym or sports sessions to coincide with UDs, I can't do them at all on DD as I run out of oomph too quickly.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #46
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
My Vicky is on her way back to Oman, so I'll be around more again. We have had the loveliest few weeks together, and this glorious weathered has been such a bonus. She has lost but I have not, too much fun. Must knuckle down.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Slowsure, I do a lot of endurance training (2-4hrs at a time), so there's no way I could do it without energy. Love the profile pic!

Kissa, bet you are missing Vicky but so pleased you had fun, and such lovely weather too.

x
Old 07-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all!

Popping in quickly after a quiet week.

I've been naughty the second half of last week, lots of MD and UD and no fasting!
Too many things to do, and no willpower!

Back on track today though!

Have a great day everyone!

xxx
Old 07-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kissa, how lovely that you saw each other again and at a time when the UK was so pleasant to visit.

Blotto, I frequently read that people recommend fasted training but it's not for me - I do what I can and I only do that on days when I've eaten a reasonable amount.

Mimosa, I don't know if you saw CaliChris quote Dr Michael Mosely (chap who popularised the 5:2 diet)?
Quote:
(This is #11 in "A Dozen Ways to make the Fast Diet work for you")

"Be sensible, exercise caution, and if it feels wrong, stop. It's vital that this strategy should be practiced in a way that's flexible and forgiving. It's okay to break the rules if you need to. It's not a race to the finish, so be kind and make it fun. Who wants to live longer if it's in abject misery? You don't want to grunt and sweat under a weary life. You want to go dancing. Right?"
Quote from The Fast Diet
Old 07-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
Hey All! Ramadan is going well. 3:30am is awfully early! Thankfully, I get off work at 13:00 so I am home and in bed for a nap by 1:30! Then after Iftar DD2 and I have been working out!

DS1 and DIL are coming for a visit! I am so excited. Its been a long time since my DS1 has been home!

Kissa - Glad you had a nice visit with Mint!

Blotto - Are you still training so much? Whats next, another marathon, ironman???????

Mimosa - How is the weather there? Its usually this time of year that I start to envy the lovely cool European summer! How is your garden?

<<<<<Me
Old 07-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

hey hey...

Blotto: I think you are doing the right thing cos to do the amount of training that you do on limited food is not good. You are eating more veg and your body will burn more effectively. Good luck with Paleo.

Kissa: Know that you will get off that excess weight from Vicky's visit in a flash.

Slow Start: sounds like you are having fun on the river glad that there weren't any pesky insects.

Blondie: Yes 3.30 am IS early. I have clients who are currently doing it and its tough..no water..OMG how do you manage in that heat. You might like London at the moment we are having fab weather in the mid 20's but that won't last. It has been great for 2 weeks though which is fab...and my Dominican Republic tan is keeping well and truly topped up.

Mimosa: You been away on holiday and it all goes to pot...you will soon get back into the saddle I am sure. Hopefully you had a nice time though.

Dukan still going OK..though am starting to find it a bit samey..so need to explore some more recipes maybe.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #52

This weather is just amazing, I love it!

Had a brilliant DD today, it is so easy to live on cool drinks and salads in this weather. A few prawns and couple of new potatoes to top it off, lovely.

Also got to the gym.

Good to see everyone doing well, Mimosa you are allowed the occasional slip up, we all do it.

Maryam, how lovely to have DS1 and his wife visit. Aren't they about to make you a grandma?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Mim, all the UDs must have meant you were having fun!

I love this.....'Who wants to live longer if it's in abject misery? You don't want to grunt and sweat under a weary life. You want to go dancing. Right?' - thanks Slow!

Blondie, yay to the visit! When, and where are they visiting from? Good to hear you're still managing to work out during ramadan.

Lola, glad Dukan is still working for you. I know what you mean about it getting samey. I am loving the increased variety of Paleo.

Kissa, sounds like you're back on track.

Hi everyone else!

x
Old 07-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all!

No personals today, but wanted to say I'm thinking of you all.

Lovely weather here, finally some summer!!!!

The weekend was lovely, my brother came for a visit, so we had a very boozy, foody weekend....

Got tons of work going on, and with me now not going to the UK for work because of my eye, my colleagues seem to think I can take on even more than usual, LOL!

Anyway, back on track and back to losing weight again! I've now lost 6.3lbs from my high weight five weeks ago. Very nice. It's not too fast, and sometimes I get impatient, but the trend is downwards, and it's something I can live with for the rest of my life. I think that's the most important!

Here's my menu today, not fasting:

B: bulletproof coffee, 3 eggs hardboiled, 2 TB mayo
L: cup of homemade chicken broth with a TB of butter, chicken from broth with feta and avocado, olive oil dressing.
D: a new experiment: stuffed red peppers (stuffed with ground beef which has been seasoned) as a side I'm making cauliflower rice carbonara... We'll see how that turns out! I'm making my carbonara sauce with double cream, a whole raw egg and parmesan and will have organic natural smoked crispy bacon bits as well. I'm ricing the cauliflower first, than a quick steam till just cooked. Will let it drip and then quickly fry in some butter, turn of heat and stir in sauce.... The idea sounds yummy, will let you know how it turned out in practice, LOL!

My numbers are just under 2200 calories and a fat, carb, protein ratio of 75%, 5% and 20%...

Have a good day everyone and enjoy the sunshine!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
Hi All

Well, I'm back in Salalah - much cooler and wetter than UK!! Had a marvellous time in the UK - and did lose quite well - didn't leave at my lightest weight - but I'll live! And I don't regret anything I ate (or drank!) during my trip!!

DH has the house looking good already - living room looks amazing - bedroom looked good until I started to unpack - LOL!!

I have managed my first DD since last Thursday - went well - so feeling good - in many ways it being Ramadan (Ramadan Kareem Blondie!) makes it easier!

No personals - but I will try to be here more often too!!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #56

My DD yesterday did the trick, back down to 126.4 after a high of 130.2 a few days ago!

Glad you are back in the swing of it too Vicky, can't wait to see photos of the new villa.

Did another Body Conditioning class at the gym today. I really need to work these old muscles again. Feels good, if painful.

Mimosa, sorry they are overloading you at work... glad the vist with your bro was fun though.

Today was a fairly moderate Up Day and I am looking forward to another great DD tomorrow.

This weather has me in heaven......

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
I am nicely down after my DD yesterday too - isn't life grand!!!!???

Not sure if the weather is nice enough for taking pictures - DH thinks I'm insane because I keep turning off the a/c - I think this is a side effect of JUDDD - you are cooler!! Hope this helps when I start getting hot flushes - but doubt it will!!!

Hope to get full internet today - and still loads of unpacking to do!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Vicky and Cindy! Glad you are doing well!

I'm back on track and haven't even gained weight from the 'bad' weekend!
Had a good up day yesterday. Really stuck with my planned food and portions, and also made sure it was LCHF. My cauliflower carbonara was delicious, will definitely make it again, BF loved it too! He's such a sweetheart for letting me experiment my food creations on him!

Anyway, today's a down day, so nothing to report.

Have a good day everyone!

xxx
Old 07-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Mint, glad you made it back to salalah safely and are down in weight despite a lovely holiday.

Kissa, bet you are missing Mint.

Mimosa, slow is good! That's what I'm aiming for now, I always aim for fast, which always results in falling off the wagon. Just trying to be sensible and healthy now, I am loving paleo.

Hi Lola, Shy, Jan, Juno, Ailuros, Blondie etc!

x
Old 07-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Hello, I’m still here. Still faffing around a bit. Ironically, after the bad experience I had of trying JUDDD all those years ago, I’m trying a kind of alternating up and down pattern again, because my husband is doing alternate day fasting. It works for me to eat much less on the days he isn’t eating. I could easily eat more, but because I do want to lose weight, I’m keeping things fairly light and low carb on those days. Just very simple meat/fish/veg/salad/cottage cheese kind of stuff.

I’ve only just started it, so it’s too soon to see how it will work out. I hope that by not obsessing about numbers, and by eating together on the up days, I can avoid that disordered eating mindset that I felt creeping in last time. I think my husband was away when I tried it before.
Closed Thread