Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Morning Beachers!

Happy Monday!

Up and did c25k this morning!

Gonna be a super busy day at work!

Hope everyone faired well this weekend!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/186/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Good Morning Girls,
Was a busy weekend, tired this morning 9 more days till my mom moves out!! Woohoo.
Michael and I went furniture shopping on Saturday, we found a goose down sectional we fell in love with, and there is room for ALL of us to sit down together lol!! We plan to buy it for our new house, cant wait, its so comfy.

Drank a lot of beer this weekend at beer fest on Saturday and Sunday, found some I really really like, they had a Strawberry and a Cherry that were amazing! I didnt get on the scales this morning, will check tomorrow and see what the damage is. My friend had also made homemade apple pie, so we had that a la mode last night for dessert, yumm.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, I will be doing lots of school work this week, I have my first big paper due for school by Sunday, ugh.

Tomorrow night Michael and I are going to see Heat with Sandra Bullock, I heard its really good, then Thursday night we are going to listen to a timeshare thing so we can get the free trip to Vegas We are prob gonna do that trip in November when the weather here starts getting crappy!

Kelly
Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #63
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

Had a great long weekend visit with my brother and his family. My nieces are 8 and 9, so fun to be with. I spent hours swimming in the ocean and pool with them. I am water-logged

Eating was pretty much okay, but we definitely imbibed quite a bit of wine and beer each night after the kids went to bed.

Tina, nice score on the Asics!!

Kelly, I always enjoy those type of festivals, whether beer or wine. We have one in our town every year for our jazz festival. They have all of these locally crafted beer and wine tastings.

Cindy, hope you are having fun in Montreal!!

Luisa, glad the birthday bash went well!! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

No business travel for me this week, so I want to ensure I really have a good week of eating. I am sticking to Phase 2, because there are SO many good/cheap local fruits available right now. Jersey cantaloupes are 99 cents!!

2014 Running Miles: 249
2014 Walking Miles: 273
2014 Biking Miles: 412
Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #64
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Was going to weigh in today, but ToM persuaded me otherwise. Looks like I will just try to keep eating on the straight and narrow, and weigh in on Friday as usual.

We have super busy weekends coming up (plans on Fri, Sat, Sun for the next 2 weekends!) So I really need to be on top of my eating during the week.

Off to a meeting in north Jersey today, 2 hour drive each way. NJ looks small, but it's LONG. Driving from south to north takes forever, and you are going toward NYC which means traffic all day long. ugh....
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
I ended up going to bed early last night, not sure what was going on, but I kept on getting really dizzy, Michael told me maybe I should give the HCG a break for a bit. So I am just going to do low carb for awhile and see how that goes.

Tonight we are going to see The Heat with Sandra Bullock, heard its a really funny movie!!

Thursday we have a timeshare presentation to go listen too, we are just going so we can get the free trip to Vegas

Then Saturday is the county fair with the boys! I am getting them unlimited ride bracelets, should be fun, they are all super excited

I also found out this morning I have an interview on Thursday, just a phone interview for a position that I had applied for with my current company, its a business analyst position. The management position I had interviewed for several months ago was finally announced yesterday and it was given to someone out of state. I havent heard anything back from the Credit Union I did the phone interview with the week before last. I am hoping something good comes up soon!!

Kelly
Old 07-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #66
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
I'm back!
Detoured a bit over the weekend, but back on plan today.

Kelly - good luck with the interview!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #67
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a very frustrating day and I fell off the wagon last night. There was some junk in the house from the weekend and I ate it...all.

Sigh...so I went running this morning and I will attempt to get myself back on track.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

I am so on it this week! I've decided that tomorrow I start week 4 of c25k. That is the 5 min run one!

Yesterday was DH birthday, we are doing dinner out tonight, all four of us. DS had to work yesterday so we postponed until today.

Have a great hump day!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi ladies

I am struggling here. I am having a hard time focusing on SB and I'm not quite sure why. I think it may be my vacation mentality right now, i.e., I feel I need to eat what I want because I need to fully enjoy my vacation! I usually do OK for breakfast and lunch, but then I want to have my glass or two of wine to accompany dinner, and then I may get into snacking later on. Right now I am just trying to rein myself in so I don't gain (gain more, I should say! I've already put back what I lost, except for 2 lbs.). Stress isn't helping...my MIL's visit is preying on my mind and putting quite a bit of pressure on me.

I did take Gin for a good 2-mile walk this morning, so that's something in my favor!

Wiz - I SO hear you. If there's any junk to be had, it finds its way down my throat (like the box of chocolate-covered almonds that one of DH's clients gave him, which I am pretty sure I gradually polished off all by myself )

Kelly - sounds like you have some fun times planned! I love county fairs. Good luck with your interview!

Tina - Good for you!

Cindy -

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Well my eating has been off the last couple days Scared to step on the scales tomorrow morning!! I am out of food at home and have been eating out, I am going to the grocery store tonight so I can fix that problem and get back on track.

The movie last night was so darn funny, if you get a chance go see The Heat!!

Tomorrow is our timeshare thing we are going to listen too, those are always fun to convince them you dont have the money to buy their product lol.

Work is slow, which is good cause I have a school paper due this week, started writing it today and plan to work on it more tomorrow and then turn it in on Friday! So I still have a couple days to finish it.

Im spending the weekend with the kids, so it will be fun. 7 days till my mom moves out!! And about a month till Michael moves in.

We found a new couch we want to buy, its a goose down sectional, man that thing was comfy!! I cant wait to go get it, then we will actually have room for the whole family to sit down together which will be nice. I currently only have 1 sofa and a chair so there is only room for 4 people and there are 6 of us lol.

Anyway, happy humpday and I will check back in tomorrow.

Kelly
Old 07-25-2013, 04:32 AM   #71
Queen Bargain Shopper

Count me in with struggling.
I think the weekend was what threw me off.
I am just going to take it easy the rest of the week and regroup, like I did the couple weeks before my trip. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DD23 coming home this weekend and DH on a bike trip, so looking forward to doing some shower stuff for DD25's shower and hanging with DD23 - we are hoping to go see Despicable Me 2 and our fave mexican place for dinner!

Did I tell you I really want to take a week off from work?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Tired this morning. My niece went into labor (3 months early) and had her twins yesterday. 1lb2oz and 1lb3oz. Very scary. Right now they are all holding their own. Driving into a big city that I don't know = It was midnight before I made it home.

so no c25k this morning and doubtful it will get done tonight.

Happy Friday eve!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Its one day closer to Friday!! Weight was up this morning on the scales, I was 177, I knew it would be though since I have been eating off plan I made some cheesecake fluff last night so I can have that for bfast and I found an amazing sweet and sour chicken recipe, so mom is making a huge batch of that for dinner, if anyone wants the recipe let me know ,the sauce is super easy and comes out really good!

My interview is at noon today, I did a little research online about the job, so I feel like I am ready. Then this afternoon I have to work more on my school paper. Tonight is the timeshare deal, so its going to be a busy day.

Tina- I hope the babies pull thru!! That is scary being so premie and small.

And to everyone else who is struggling, myself included, hang in there!

Kelly
Old 07-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF.

The c25k week 4 day 1 was TOUGH. two 3 min runs and two 5 min runs plus recovery times. Doesn't sound like much, but dang 5 minutes can be a long time.

Baby Jordan passed away yesterday afternoon. He made it about 24 hours. Still waiting on an update this morning for baby Jase. I had to call all of the family and left them know. I soooooooooooo wanted to stress eat last night, I managed not to, but I really wanted to.

Cindy - How's your work situation? I hope you are seeing some improvement.

Kel - Hope your interview went REALLY well!

Luisa - Come on, you can do this!!

Wiz - How was your day yesterday? You able to get back on track?

TGIF beacher buddies!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,

Tina- That is awful about the baby Makes me sad when a child dies. This gal my mom worked with just lost her 9 yr old daughter, some sort of childhood cancer, she had been in the hospital for months. Super sad!!

Im not doing well eating wise. My mom is stressing me out trying to get her all packed up to move out, shes driving me crazy!!

We are taking the boys to the fair tomorrow, so I am sure the food choices there will be bad lol. Im just trying to keep it under control and not have too much of things I am not supposed to be eating.

I hope you gals have a great weekend and I will check back in on Monday!

The interview went awesome yesterday, and she really grilled me! She said I made it to round 2 and she will notify me in a couple weeks to get that scheduled.

Kelly
Old 07-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #76
Queen Bargain Shopper

Oh no Tina!
Thoughts and prayers for your family!
That has to be so hard.
Hang in there and good for you for not stress eating.

Kelly - way to go on the interview!

I am up and down too. I am just going to watch it over the weekend. It's not easy, is it? And trust me gals, as you get older, it gets harder. My body has taken on a shape that I didn't know it could! Thankfully, my spanx, assets, control undergarments help. I don't know if I would ever wear a bathing suit again......but it is what it is, and I guess bottom line is for almost 54, I think I look pretty good, I eat healthy and move regularly.

DD23 decided not to come home last night and is coming home this morning. DD25 and DSIL are headed to IL to Ikea, so are dropping off their pup this morning for me to dog sit.....and DH is OOT on a bike trip. DD23 and I are going to run some shower errands, and maybe a movie and out for dinner..........I also need to clean - my parents come Thursday for the weekend next week.

Let's hang in there!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 07-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #77
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all!

Tina, I am so sorry to hear about the baby. I certainly hope the other baby pulls through. Very sad.

We went out to dinner with college friends last night (she was my freshman roommate, he was Joe's frat brother, all 4 of us graduated the same year). They are good for my ego because they've known me forever and say how great I was looking last night. It made me not mind so much the extra couple of lbs I put on this year. I had rack of lamb, it was so good. And not something I cook at home...

In any case, I am Phase 2'ing it this weekend, but plan to do a couple of Phase 1 days next week. I go to Dallas next, it will most likely be a bazillion degrees there. Ugh.

Hang tough ladies!!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:25 AM   #78
Queen Bargain Shopper

Tina - I saw on FB.....did both babies not make it?
Thoughts and prayers.

Eating has been off all weekend - today reining it in.....and as we all know - eating being off for us can be different for others....for me it's been too many white chocolate mocha's.....which means one Friday and two on Saturday......AND I made a small plate of whole wheat chips and cheese with salsa for dinner. That's it........

Heading into August next week!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:35 AM   #79
Queen Bargain Shopper

Monday.
Weekends are too short.
Reining it in AGAIN.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about this?
Old 07-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #80
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all...just finished up a good 5-mile run. Had a very OP breakfast and am pre-cooking dinner - Stuffed Mexi Peppers.

Off to Dallas tomorrow.

I am doing Phase 1 until Friday!! (That's my goal anyway )
Old 07-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you for the well wishes.

Yesterday was the funeral.

Gonna keep on keeping on, although I just COULD NOT get up this morning to do the c25k.

Back at it today.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #82
Queen Bargain Shopper

South Beach Vets - Chapter 8 - August 2013
Closed Thread