Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi beachers,

I see that I forgot to check in yesterday. Whoops!

The 1.3 lbs. I gained the day before yesterday was back off yesterday, to the ounce, and today I was down another 0.88 lbs. (the oddball numbers are from converting grams/kilograms into lbs.). I'll take it!

Kelly - congrats on those 3 lbs. Wow, that's great!

Wiz - nice to see you posting again! I know what you mean about disconnecting. I have spent many hours in the last week out in my garden (and would have spent more if it weren't so darn hot). That always soothes my soul (even if I'm cussing out the weeds and the ants, the latter of which are present in record-high numbers this year).

Tina - good for you for getting up so early to get your exercise in. I got up at 4:45 a.m. every single day during the entire school year. I am getting up at around 6:30 now that I'm on vacation, and it seems so late!

Cindy - I SO hear you on being short! The last time I was measured I was 5 feet even, but that was eons ago, so I've probably shrunk. I'm on day 9 of P1, but I can't say it's been easy. I have been fighting temptation every single day (like the bread my DH is so fond of, and the 6 - count 'em, 6! - bottles of wine hanging around, and let's not forget the whole bag of chips in the kitchen!). But you're right, we CAN do this!

I am going to confess in advance that we are having some friends over for a BBQ on Sunday to celebrate my birthday. I am trying to include some healthy (and OP) options, like a low-fat dip and fresh veggies, and honeydew and cantaloupe cubes with serrano ham, and grilled chicken, but there will also be some yummy off-plan stuff that will no doubt find its way into my mouth, along with some of the aforementioned wine. I will do the best I can under the circumstances and try to get right back on plan on Monday. Wish me luck!

Hope you all have a great day!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #32
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Like Cindy, day 1 of Phase 1 is done! Day 2 is in progress. I plan to do about 4 Phase 1 days. That usually is enough to de-tox me!! Then I can add in some fruit, some carrots, some wine. I am staying away from grains for a while. I get too bloated.

Tina, it was nice to be at least partially disconnected! Sometimes the constant communication just bugs me. I need some time outside away from it all.

Luisa, I also spent a lot of time in my yard last week! I am so mad - we had this torrential downpour and it just wiped out a couple of my hydrangeas. The blooms are all dragging on the ground.

Kelly, nice work on the 3 lbs!!

OK Vets!! Keep up the good work...it's nice to see the "band" get back together.

2014 Running Miles: 328
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 456
Old 07-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #33
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Tina - she kinda got sidetracked with the blogging.
Kelly - good for you!

Off work in about 10 minutes - I am starving!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:10 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick check-in before I forget. I am down another 1.54 lbs. today! Couldn't quite believe it, since I broke down and had a few of DH's chips last night (a small handful). That's a total of 6.38 lbs. in P1, since July 1.

I walked 2 miles this morning with the dog, then worked in my garden for 3 hours. I am wondering if I will ever get caught up 100%. There's always something to do out there.

Wiz - I sure wish we had some of that rain. It is dry, dry, dry here.

I have tons of stuff to do inside the house, so I'd better get going. MIL is visiting at the end of the month, and she's a professional housewife, so I always feel I have to knock myself out cleaning, and I HATE cleaning!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #35
Queen Bargain Shopper

Luisa!
You will be my inspiration!
Great job!

I need to weigh but am afraid to, so am waiting a bit.
I am totally on plan along with doing the HIIT workout on my treadmill. Hoping to see SOME results - as some of us know - the older we get the harder this gets to be!

Off to work today - DH OOT tonight, so thinking I may stop at the grocery store and pick up a salad from the salad bar. Then I can watch my guilty pleasure - RHOC tonight - and Drop Dead Diva!

to my favorite Beachers!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #36
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

UGH! Got on the scale today. As expected, not good. Up ~ 3lbs from vacation week. The only good thing is that makes me want to really stay OP to get those lbs off.

I tweaked my Achilles (probably while running on Monday), so took yesterday off and did my exercise bike today. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. I don't think I stretched enough, I was in too big of a hurry.

Cindy, take my advice - don't jump on the scale prematurely!! It was depressing today.

Luisa, I spent yesterday morning (instead of exercising...) tending to my inside plants. Wow, I let things go. They all needed pruning, fertilization, etc. I've been so busy outside, the inside plants were looking pretty sad. I have about 25 to 30 potted plants in my house. I used to have a lot more, but my poor husband gets stuck watering them all when I travel, so I had to cull them down.

Kelly, Tina: How are things going??

Have a good day!!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Morning Beachers!

Up early again to do the c25k!

DD leaves tonight for Myrtle Beach. I'm very jelous!

Lusia - Awesome loss! You'll have those 17 lbs off in no time!

Wiz - Wow that is a lot of indoor plants! I can barely keep two alive

Luisa - I did the cleaning thing last week, inside and out, when we invited a ton of peeps over for the 4th. I feel your pain!

Kel - good job on the 3 lbs!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Good Morning Girls,
I was down another 2 pds this morning!! Its nice its coming off so fast, I sure put it on fast lol.

I am meeting Michael at the gym tonight for a workout, I havent worked out in a long time, I am sure its going to be painful lol. We are going to rent a movie afterwards, has anyone seen Side Effects with Jude Law? They have it at Redbox so I think that is what we are getting.

Today is going to be slow again at work, I have a phone interview with a new company during my lunch today, we shall see how that goes! Its back in the banking industry, but its project management stuff and I think they tend to pay their project managers better than telecom does lol.

Cindy- Have fun being home alone tonight, I cant wait till my mom is gone so I can watch my own shows and what not, she is always hogging the TV!! I need to watch the last season of Breaking Bad, but I never get a chance.

Wiz- Wow that is a lot of plants, I have 2 inside my house lol. I have to put the automatic water thing in them too cause I tend to forget.

Luisa- Congrats on the weight going down, thats awesome!

Tina- How long is DD going to be gone for?

Has anyone seen Pearl Jam in concert? I just found out they are coming to town in November and tics go on sale later this month, I want to go soooo bad!

Happy Humpday Everyone

Kelly
Old 07-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #39
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK, I guess that is a lot of indoor plants No wonder my husband complains about watering them.

No movement on the scale today.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Forgot to weigh this morning!

I tried out the Nike+ app today. It says I went further than what my treadmill was reading. Anyone ever used that app?

Kel - Good luck with your interview today! DD is only going to be gone for 4 days. She is doing a girls weekend with a friend from school and her mother and friend. She was sooooo excited to be going.

Wiz - What kind of running shoes do you wear? When you started running did you go get fitted for shoes?

Have a great day Beachers!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
I am soo tired this morning, stayed over at Michaels last night ,hit the gym and then went to his house to relax, his roomies had family from outta town over and everyone was so loud. at 10pm last night Michael ended up getting out of bed and going to the store to buy a box fan to help drown out the noise! Im actually the one who suggested it, he said it was my best idea ever lol. It did the trick and we finally got some sleep after that.

Phone interview went well yesterday, apparently they do 3 rounds of interviews, if I make the cut the next one will be with the recruiter and then if I make that cut it will be with the hiring manager. They want the person to start in September. So we shall see.

Another boring day at work, but its one more day closer to the weekend!!

Kelly
Old 07-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #42
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tina, I love Asics!! I tried a couple different brands, but Asics were my favorite. And better yet, Kohl's carries them. I stock up whenever I get the 30% off coupon
Old 07-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #43
Queen Bargain Shopper

Kelly - good luck - I must have missed that!!

Wiz - Asics are my favorite shoes too - not running, but for working out!

I haven't weighed - probably should have - I have been eating by the book, but don't know if there are any results.

Came home early yesterday as I didn't feel well and people were annoying me and that just added to it.......I was checking work email later and I got an email from my boss asking if I had gone home sick? I did write her up an email - she had someone in her office.....must have forgot to hit send! But come on - I told two people I went home sick. Right now, and it doesn't happen often - I am not liking many of the people I work with.......and how do you handle one of your close co workers who works out with the boss almost every lunch hour and seems to take advantage of that relationship? There isn't a soul I could talk to about it......recently it seems like she thinks she is exempt from some things.....and her "just kidding" comments are getting real old. Sigh.

TGIF and back to work I go today. UGH.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 07-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Up and did week 3 day 1 of c25k. First time I've done this week (I think ) It had two 3 min runs in it. Longest ones so far

Wiz and Cindy - thanks for the shoe recs! I am getting a new pair this weekend. I know people say go get fitted, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

And you gotta love Kohls with a 30% off coupon!

Kel - Good luck!! The fan is my solution to the TV in my DS room, lol. Even with the door closed I can still hear his video games or the TV from DOWNSTAIRS! (stupid surround sound, ) and the fan drowns it all out!

Cindy - Work can be super stressful when your co-workers are a problem! Hope you have a great Friday!

Gotta get to work. Have a great weekend Beachers!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #45
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!! I'm a bit depressed, after a really good week of eating I was only down ~1lb on the scale. Better than going up, but I was hoping for more of an impact. I feel very bloated (hands, stomach, etc.) I am trying to figure out what the culprit might be...

Cindy, that's a tough situation with your co-worker. And if you call out your boss to say "so and so seems to be exempt from doing xyz" it makes you look like whiner. And if you say something to your co-worker, they may go say something to your boss. Tough spot. I think you should just keep things professional and cheery, but avoid the co-worker (for a while anyway) for anything remotely social. (lunch, breaks, etc.) Just keep things very work-oriented.

Tina, set your goal to be able to run a 5K (~3.1 miles). Find a race in your area, maybe in the October to November time frame. And sign up! Then you have something to spur you on. Good luck!!

Kelly, glad the interview went well. Fingers crossed you make it to the next round!!

So what is everyone doing this weekend? We only have 1 event this weekend (which is a miracle for us!) My husband's best friend is in from LAX and his brother is throwing a little party in his honor. The beauty of that is the brother is our neighbor...the party is 5 houses away. Talk about easy.

TGIF!! It's going to be a doozy of a work day, far too much going on. And I head out to Chicago next week.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
I am down a few more pds in the last couple days, nice to see the scale going down quickly!! I think this weekend is going to be a wash weight loss wise, Michael and I have no kids, so we are going to be consuming a lot of adult beverages at several events we are attending lol. Tonight is a BBQ at a friends house and then tomorrow night is the comedy show downtown and then Sunday is the concert! Busy Busy, but it will be fun. At least we are hitting up the gym tonight before all the drinking begins lol. Work off some of it I guess.

Cindy- Sorry about your work situation, I hate the office politics sometimes! Here its all about who you know, anytime there is someone up for promotion it seems like the hiring manager picks one of their buddies as opposed to someone more qualifed. Its super frustrating. My boss got her job as manager cause she was having an affair with the hiring manager who was married with kids! It grosses me out when I think about it.

Anyway, Happy Friday everyone and I will check back in with you gals on Monday!

Kelly
Old 07-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies,

Well, yesterday, the day after I lost 1.54 lbs., I bounced UP 1.76 lbs. I think that may have caused me to lose my focus and let's just say that yesterday was NOT a P1, 2 or 3 day. Back on track today, though.

I did a 5-mile DVD this morning to try and make up for yesterday's excesses, and it wiped me out. Two of the miles had exercises with the resistance band and there were a lot more arm movements than in a lot of her other DVDs (I have 6 or 7). I feel like I really got a good workout.

Kelly - good going on the additional pounds!

Cindy - co-worker drama is the worst! So stressful.

Wiz - I know what you mean about expecting more of a loss. I had done 10 good days of P1 with exercise almost every single day after months of barely doing anything, and on day 11 only had a 4.6 lb. loss to show for it, after the bouncing around. I am convinced that age has a lot to do with it (and I am the oldest one here at almost 58).

Tina - you are making me want to try C25K again! Good for you!

Guess I'd better get off my butt (and off the computer!) and get some cleaning done for the BBQ on Sunday.

Have a great Friday and a great weekend, everybody.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #48
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all, very fun weekend here!

Last night I made this for dinner, Joe loved it....I also posted it on Rose's thread. Great meatless meal.

Eggplant Stuffed with Herbed Ricotta

2 large eggplants, peeled and cut lengthwise in ~1/3 inch wide slices. I got about 8 slices from each eggplant

Filling

1 cup fresh herbs: I used about 1/2 cup of basil, 1/4 cup oregano, 1/4 cup parsley - all from my herb garden. Do not use dried herbs. You need fresh!
1 clove garlic, minced
2 TB EVOO
1/2 cup grated parm cheese
1/2 cup shredded skim mozz
1 and 1/2 cups skim ricotta
fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray (I use my own sprayer with EVOO in it) or brush with EVOO. (I put foil on mine, then cooking spray, for easier clean-up). Lay eggplant slices, not covering each other. Coat with more cooking spray or EVOO. Bake for 20 minutes, switching trays from top to bottom halfway through.

Meanwhile combine all filling ingredients in large bowl, mixing well.

After eggplant has cooled, spoon 2 to 3 TB of filling on each slice and roll up, placing seam on bottom. Bake for 15 minutes (I make ahead, refrigerate, bring to room temp, then bake.)

Serve with your favorite SB friendly marinara sauce. I like the Barefoot Contessa version (Food Network website). It is easy, and of course, has no sugar in it.

Enjoy!!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #49
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Lovelies!
I am still on the straight and narrow! YAY!

Hope you have a great Tuesday!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #50
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Off to airport, back on Thursday. Very excited that my brother and his family are coming to visit for 3 days Thursday night (even though my house is a mess )

Eating good now, but Saturday was a disaster. And the scale showed it.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

I thought I stopped in yesterday, but no post from me

Up this morning and got the c25k in. Didnt push real hard this morning. It was a tough workout.

Hoping to do a lot of organizing tonight after work.

Have a great day beachers!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Well my weekend of fun came to an end and I got on the scales this morning and it was bad lol, was back up to 178 and I didnt even eat anything that bad, but guess all the drinking did me in! Oh well most of it should be water weight and will come right off.

Back to work today, but its still super slow. I have homework to do as well. That should keep me busy. I also started reading a really good book, its on the #1 bestseller list right now and on Oprahs booklist. Its called Wild, its a true story about a gal whos mother dies and she is totally lost in life and decides to go on this 100 day hiking trip on the Pacifc Coast Trail, alone and she has never hiked before lol. Its very interesting!

Anyway, I have the boys this week and we are just hanging out, probably hit up the pool since its hot here, supposed to be like 92 today. This weekend is the summer beer festival downtown, may go to that. I am not really a beer drinker but they have some really good ones, like Watermelon Beer and other yummy fruit ones! Michael loves beer and really wants to go, so we shall see.

Have a great week ladies,

Kelly
Old 07-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #53
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In IL, went running this morning before the sun was even up and it was still hot out. Not much to report, off to this work event I am out here for...
Old 07-17-2013, 04:15 AM   #54
Queen Bargain Shopper

Not much to report here either.
Off this afternoon and looking forward to it - just hanging with DD25 and having lunch at the place we are hosting her baby shower.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning beachers!

Up early and did my c25k. Much better session than yesterday

Still on mission organization, went through a ton of receipts, bank statements etc and purged quite a bit. OMG I found all my christmas receipts from 2009. Can you tell it been awhile since I've organized my bill/filing work. I had a filing cabinent drawer FULL of stuff.

I've also been using ************ app to keep track of calories. I love love love that you can scan something AND you are able to change the portion size.

Wiz - I bought a pair of asics this weekend at Kohls! $10 off coupon AND 30% off coupon

Cindy - Can't wait to see your grandbaby! Such an exciting time!

Kel - The beer fest sounds like fun. Should at least be interesting sampling!

Can't believe its mid July already. Kids will be heading back to school in 4-5 weeks. I already did a little back to school clothing shopping. There is a Tanger outlet about 1/2 hr from me. They have an underarmour store and they had just about EVERYTHING 30-40 percent off. DS is all outfitted for school, except for a couple of pair of jeans. He bought himself a pair of fluorescent orange Jordans. (he has a shoe obsession).

OK, enough jabbering! Have a great hump day beachers!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies,

I have been MIA, just too much stuff going on. Birthday BBQ was great, but I'm having a hard time getting 100% back on plan, though I'm getting there. I sent most of the very sinful goodies home with my guests, but there were still a few things around to tempt me yesterday and the day before. The scale is up, ugh! WHY does it go on so fast and come off so slowly??

I am starting to get baby squashes in my garden! They are so cute. I have 5 little spaghettis and 3 little acorns. Looks like a pumpkin is starting as well. Yesterday I had a salad with lettuce from my garden (no tomatoes yet), and today it was a caprese salad with fresh basil, which I have in great abundance right now.

Wiz and Tina - I saw a commercial on TV yesterday for asics and thought of both of you!

Cindy - Enjoy your afternoon!

Kelly - That book sounds good. I will have to check it out.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Was back down to 175 today, woohoo, I was glad what I put on over the weekend was just mainly water weight so it came off fast. My work is hosting a BBQ today at the new building they purchased, the one we are supposed to move too in May of next year, not sure if I will still be with the company by then, but we shall see. I am going to the BBQ anyway cause it means I can leave the office early I dont have crap to do here anyway. Doubt there will be any food I can have there, but we shall see.

So Michael and I talked last night and we arent going to move Labor Day weekend now, we are going to wait until the end of Sept to get more money together, plus my lease isnt up until then so I have to pay for that month at my place anyway, so he is going to move in with me and save that month of rent he would have had to pay elsewhere. And we will have back to school shopping for the kids right before we would have been moving, which would be hard money wise.
Plus his dad is going to come visit us from Illinois in Sept, so this will give us more money to do fun stuff while his dad is here. I am pretty excited about the plan, as long as we are together, I dont care where we live.

Well off to reading and Candy Crush for me, Michael teases me about being a sponsored player since I play all day long at work and I get paid during work lol.

Happy Humpday Girls,

Kelly
Old 07-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF TGIF TGIF

got my c25k in this morning, even though I almost bailed, glad that I did it!
I'm almost ready to move to week 4 which includes two 5 minute jogs (among other walking/jogging)!

I may be making pasta salad tonight for my DS wedding. She's getting married tomorrow at 4 with a picnic following. Very casual. So wedding tomorrow and probs cleaning on Sunday! How's that for a fun weekend?

kel - If only i could get paid to play candy crush. Seriously addicted to that game! DH told me last night that I had a problem

luisa - If only we could only lose it as fast as I put it on! Glad your bday bbq are good!

Have a great weekend beachers!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #59
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hold down the fort - off to Montreal and probably won't have wifi.
See you all on Tuesday!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

I will second the TGIF!! My weight was the same this morning, better than a gain I suppose lol.

I have to head to the grocery store tonight, running out of supplies. Need more fruit and meat.

Going to Beer Fest tomorrow with a bunch of friends, should be fun, but of course they call beer liquid bread, so I am expecting a gain from that, but at least it comes off pretty fast.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Kelly
Closed Thread