Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
BLITZ XIV -JULY 1 thru SEPT 30, 2013.

Let us do the best we can, and stay mindful of our plans, and the way to achieve our goals. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Thanks FF for getting us started on Blitz XIV. Hope the rain last night has cooled your apt. off a little!

The kids arrived around 5 last night. They seemed happy enough to camp out up over the garage. I expected to see at least one of them sleeping on the couch in the living room this morning but no one in sight.

I put together a taco casserole for them, one of their "MiMi favorites". It is a layered dish of refried beans, ground beef that has been cooked with taco seasoning, green chilis and topped with cheese. Then I have bowls of shredded sharp cheddar, sour cream, onions, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce. They eat theirs with chips, I make a salad on a mound of lettuce. Everyone had seconds.

It is supposed to rain today so we don't have plans yet. Maybe the candle store and Country Barn.

Tony, our plant is closed for the week. This is the first time the kids have been here or in Gulf Shores that I didn't have to work at least part of each day somewhere. I am going to savor it.

Will check back later!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Tried to put a link on our old site to send us to this new one but not sure I did it right?

Last edited by Abigale; 07-01-2013 at 01:21 AM..
Old 07-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Abi, it worked because I clicked on it and it got me here.

DH and I worked like the dickens yesterday. We dug out an area around our "rural" mail box and planted 2 bushes and 5 flowering shrubs (2 different kinds). He did pretty much all of the work. I watered and spray painted the mail box.

While he was doing that, I took a hedge trimmer to the ugly hedge in front of the house. It was way over due for a clipping. Probably been 2 years or so. It is very woody and I really cut back a lot but had to stop when I cut through the darn extension cord. At least I didn't get electrocuted. LOL We will see if the hedge lasts, if it doesn't, oh well. I think it is useful for a snow break though since it is right in front of the front porch which faces north.

We are both sore this morning. I did a T-tapp dvd this morning to stretch out and get the kinks and knots undone.
l
Old 07-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Tony, it hit 118. Way above average which is around 107.

Had a very productive day today. The cleaning lady I hired came out for her first visit. She did a great job and it's so nice to have a clean house.

A/C company came out and checked out my unit and it is fine.

A male friend of mine from work is coming out any moment now to assemble my bistro patio set and to help me rehang the kitchen cabinet door that came off. I hope the wood isn't stripped. But, we'll figure it out.

I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to enjoy the day with no visitors

Thanks for the link, Abi!

Marilee
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, thanks for the new thread! Our fearless leader!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/229.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys, here we go again!!!...can't believe i've done 13 of these!...i joined blitz I, seven days after ff started it...when did everyone else join?...seems like y'all have been here forever too...

busy day today...will hit the gym in the a.m. and then back to work...

marilee, that is HOT!

abs must be having a blast with the kids...i'm hoping she's off all week...

vicki, i once cut the cord off my circular saw and i owned a hardware store, so don't feel bad... :-)
Old 07-02-2013, 03:55 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I had to look back and see when I started on the Blitz forum. My first post was April 1, 2011 - Blitz V. It seems like it has been longer than that.

I am off all week. Yesterday we went to the candle shop, the Country Barn, to my brother's house in town where he let Jen pick out any painting she wanted. She was so thrilled! We also went to Wendy's for lunch and I had the salad with blueberries, strawberries, slivered almonds and avocado ranch dressing. It was delicious! Last night was pizza and I had to tops off two slices.

Everyone is still sleeping. I have a pound of bacon cooked and a pot of ground beef and tomato sauce simmering on the stove to make grandson some goulash later. That was his one request.

Need to go check on the pot.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Just marking my spot! Hmm I am not sure when I joined the Blitzes but I know I have been in and out a lot with all the craziness in my life! I am with Gibby and Vicki, all the yo-yo dieting is for the birds. My goal is to drop two pants sizes by my b-day in December so the goal for this Blitz will be one pants size and the goal for the next Blitz will be the second. Experiment update with veggie ketosis: it seems that no matter what kind of ketosis it is, my body does lose weight but my stomach hates it! Bleck! I don't think it can handle all that fat. Such a pity because it works but maybe not worth having an upset stomach every day. So I guess back to moderate carbs for me or maybe carb cycling and increasing my exercise. Last night I tried something new - Zen Sculpt - a combination of pilates and weight lifting. By the time I went to bed last night I was cursing the man who put stairs in my house!!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Artemis - Zen sculpt sounds interesting.

Tony, when I went back through old posts, I think I started in Blitz III

I am thinking mindful eating and/or intuitive eating. I don't want anything to be good or bad anymore. I suspect, I will prefer more healthful food choices anyways. But, if I eat a cookie, I won't have to go off the deep end.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Hello all. I have to confess I have been lurking for a while now. I am always afraid to join a group for fear that my lack of communication will be seen as an insult. But I truly enjoy the interaction in this group and hope that you won't mind me joining.

I will come back later tonight and post a bio of sorts if the craziness in my life allows.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome, Lori! We have several people that check in once in a while and they are always welcome. Post when you can - we'd love to get to know you.

As you probably found out, we are a pretty friendly and encouraging group. Small, but non-judgmental.

Hot again today. I'm staying inside and enjoying my clean house. Back to work tomorrow.

I'll have to check and see when I first posted on the Blitz. I don't do well remembering the time of things that have passed. I'm pretty much a "now" person.

TTYL
Old 07-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #13

my instincts are well honed, Lori.

I knew someone out there was lurking. Welcome aboard. I saw on the news, how hot it is out there, AND the fires out there in AZ, and the death of those firemen. I have become quite the recluse, with my fan and/or AC when the need arises. I have 1 window open (in the boudoir) for air. All the window shades are closed. I must get out tomorrow to mail my rent for July. It is 4:47pm, and i have had nothing to eat. I am not hungry enough to commit. If only I could fall asleep tonight, and wake up in November! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 07-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Lori, you have done great.

Gibby, I think you joined in Blitz III too.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

lori!...we love new folks and are very happy you picked our little corner of the world to post your experiences and thoughts...looking at your stats, you have done awesome!...

if you've been lurking, you know we are a very easy-going little group...no judgment, no expectations - just be yourself and contribute whatever fits into your life...i try to post daily, simply because 1) it helps to keep me focused and accountable and 2) i love these guys :-) when you have time, tell us about yourself!

artemis, great to see ya...pilates and weightlifting?...hmmm, that sounds interesting...i don't think i'm flexible enough for pilates, but i wish i was!...how hot has it been in nashville?...sarah is working nights for the next six weeks at the hospital so it will be harder to talk to her...

ff, how is retirement, in general?...are you keeping busy?...any thoughts of a pt job?...how is your leg?...are you happy to be retired?...

marilee, i love it when my house is clean and organized - but that isn't too often...haha!...i don't remember when you guys weren't around these blitzes...it's no wonder, if you and vicki have been around since the fall of 2010!

thanks vicki!...how are you doing this week?

abs, sounds like you guys are having so much fun...so tell me about the painting jen chose?...what's on the agenda for the rest of the week?...

had a great day - hit the gym early and then off to work...dw and i have had a little time alone tonight and relaxed in the hot tub for awhile...very nice...

today:
b: five cherries and a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese
l: skipped
d: sauteed chicken and veggies

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 07-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

I am trying to practice intuitive/mindful eating. Paying attention. Yesterday morning I waited to see how long it took me to feel hungry. I had breakfast at 1030. Steel cut oatmeal with raisins and HWC. I tried to eat slowly to take in the scent, texture and taste. Unfortunately, I also polished off a bag of veggie chips, cheese and crackers, cookies, concrete mixer and bean salad through the rest of the day What a grazing binge. So, today? Try again.

Right now I am not hungry (geesh can you imagine why I wouldn't be LOL)? Coffee with half and half and CO for now until I feel hungry. Then, I will try and wait to eat when I feel hungry again. My therapist said that I need to tell myself I am practicing mindfulness and to not get caught up in perfectionism or mistakes.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lori! I recognize your name and great stats from some other posts. We are very glad to have you join us. I am sure you can give us some inspiration!

We had a blast yesterday. We hiked up Wantasticut Mt. that overlooks the town of Brattleboro. It was very challenging as all the rocky paths were like swampy little rivers from all the rain traveling down them. Jen said two years ago they were totally dry. Oldest grandaughter had to quit part way up because she had a sore leg. Other two grandaughters reached the top a good 20 minutes before the rest of us. lol That's one of my sisters in the ball cap.

We ate leftover pizza and goulash yesterday. Kids had bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Last night we went to the movies. 6 of us went to The Heat, 2 went to Man of Steel and 2 went to Monster University. Everyone was happy with their choices.

Tony, the painting was called "Tator Lane" and is of an area near where my brother lives.

My plan after this week is to really concentrate on very low carb, mostly meat and eggs and get back to the 5:2 fasting.

Hope you all have a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jen and Pierre Fondue.jpg (34.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg w6.jpg (35.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 07-03-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Old 07-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Welcome Lori! We always love new faces around here. And, I am in and out as well due to hectic crazy life and these folks have always been very forgiving and welcoming.

After I work today, I am going home for the 4th in the morning and I took the entire week next week off. I haven't been home in a while nor have I had any vacation time so I am super excited. Lots of fun stuff planned including camping and fishing. My parents are getting lots of veggies out of the garden now and I am also excited about that. I don't know if it's a good thing or just sad when you get excited over vegetables LOL.

So what are everyone's plans for the 4th? My mom asked me to make a dessert so I am making a sugar free cake. Not necessarily LC but we have diabetics in the family so I figured it had to be a little healthier for everyone.

Btw, had a great find this week: chocolate almond milk (unsweetened of course). Awesome! Don't know why I haven't been drinking it before now. I did Zumba last night thinking that it would work some of the soreness out from the previous night's work out and it did, last night...this morning...different story! I am twice as sore now!! Oh why do those skinny jeans have to be so hard to get into!?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Artemis, what took you so long to discover the chocolate almond milk?? LOL

We are grilling out for the 4th of course. We may have my parents over, it is my mom's bday although we are celebrating it with my bro and his gf on Saturday at Olive Garden. We also invited another couple and their son who is my son's age. The house we moved in to backs up to where I work. We can walk to the parking lot with our chairs to view the fire works. How cool is that? No fighting the traffic.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Where do I start? This will be the 3rd time I have lost weight. I am hoping to keep it off this time. It was a lot easier the 1st 2 times I did it, because I didn't have 4 kids or a travelling husband back then.

Yes I have 4 children still at home and a husband who travels 70-90% of the year, depending on the year. I also work full time. My children keep me very busy, as you can well imagine.

I started LC in September (for the 50th time in the last 3 years) and finally had some success. I stalled in March-April, became discouraged in May, and finally started LC JUDDD in June. I had a few days where I have eaten all those things I missed on LC, but I feel the need to stay away from bread and large amounts of wheat products or sugar, because the make my joint pain flairs.

I am in my early 40s and my youngest is 3, yes, I said 3. I know, even I think I am insane! I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am attempting to get past the 160s (and have been since March!). I am doing more of a 4-3 than JUDDD, just because I haven't been able to manage a down day on the weekend yet.

I started running in Dec. I have attempted several times to start some weight training, but I just run out of time or energy!

I look forward to not lurking anymore.

For the 4th (really the 5th) I am trying to arrange two different movie trips, one with the younger kids (3 & 7) to see Monsters University. And one with the older two (17 & 15) to see either Man of Steel or World War Z. I'd love to see the former, but I think they (boys) will choose the later.

Grilling out sounds like a good plan too, maybe tomorrow night.

Thank you everyone for all the warm s

ETA: Everyone always asks about the age differences with the kids. Just happened that way. DH and I celebrated 21 years two weeks ago!! YAY!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author

Last edited by LoriAS; 07-03-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Old 07-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, loved reading your story and wonderful you have 4 children! Glad you are joining us and hope we can help you stay on track and get to whatever level you will be happy with.

I like Artemis's plan to get down 2 pant sizes by Dec. and am joining her on that quest. I hate the roll around the middle so my goal is also to get rid of that!

Tomorrow we will go to the parade in downtown Brattleboro at 10 in the morning and at 5:30 we go to our nieces home for a cookout on her front lawn and stay for fireworks which can be seen from their home.

Vicki, I am sure your Mother will really enjoy going to the Olive Garden on Saturday for her birthday! Love that place!

Talk to you all later!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #22

Lori, I see success for you in the very near future.

being busy has helped me a lot too. Ere I forget, let me wish us all a happy, safe, and COOL 4th. If there is no TWILIGHT ZONE marathon, then I will watch as many ST & STTNG flicks as I have on dvd (10 of them). I will break for the Nathans hot dog contest which takes place around midday, eastern time. I have been following EXTREME WEIGHT LOSS for the last 2 weeks. Ryan, and the married couple are incredible. They do more exercise in 1 day, than i can do in a decade. I am making progress though. I am splitting my meals in 1/2, the 2nd 1/2 of which I shall have tomorrow. FF
Old 07-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori, you are not alone in the kid dept. I am 53 and have 3 boys: 29, 26 and 13. Been there, done that. This is only your 3 time to lose wt? wow, that is great. I must be on my 103rd attempt. LOL.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

great to see everyone doing so well...sounds like we are all motivated and focused...

abs, those pics are very cute - you have such a beautiful family!...i can tell you are in your glory with your kids all around you and i can certainly understand why...enjoy your day tomorrow... :-)

ff, you sound pretty chipper yourself...keep that a/c going as it's gonna be hot and you have that big check coming in the mail soon :-)

vicki, the therapist is giving all of us good advice - thanks for sharing...it's very cool that the fireworks are so convenient...

lori, thanks for sharing a little about yourself and your family...i have five kids - mine are 28b, 26b, 24g, 22g, 17b...i got my oldest four through college although #4 will be getting her master's degree over the next two years - she is also getting married in a couple of weeks and is planning to give us our first grandchild in december...my 24 year old daughter is a nurse in nashville and will turn 25 later this month...

i think all of us here have lost weight multiple times and gained at least some back, so you're not alone in that...i think you have a good plan going forward and if you have been running since december, i bet you are fit even if not at your goal yet...

artemis, i am so happy you are heading home for a vacation...you are always so happy when you get to do that...the cake sounds good - let us know how it turns out...

i had a busy day at work...trouble with my tenant's air conditioning unit and the roof so a few headaches...

i'll check back in a bit!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, good news! There is a Twilight Zone marathon again this year. I have them set on my DVR "just in case". Wish we could be watching together
Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

i hope someday that we all get to meet each other...it's amazing when you think about it that we have corresponded with each other several times a week for the past 2-3+ years!...there are no other people outside my immediate family that i can say that about! :-)
Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. This is normally my quiet time as all the children are usually in bed or getting there. It is great that you guys have all supported each other through so many things.

I am on a DD today and it has been fairly successful. I am looking forward to tomorrow and spending time with the kids. My oldest doesn't have to work and we are all going to some fireworks near where I work. DH is in New Orleans, so we will all be missing him, but will enjoy the time together.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:31 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee and FF, you should be on a conference call together while you watch the twilight zone marathon! Enjoy!

Lori, enjoy the fireworks with your children tonight. Our daughter is like you, she really does not have time to herself to read or whatever until after 10 at night. It is good to take time for yourself every day. Her husband does some traveling but for the most part he just has a 70 mile drive to work each day so she has always had to handle all the things the kids are into, sports, Dr. appoint. etc. on her own.

Tony, it is amazing how long we have all kept in touch. I am the same as you, I talk to you all more than my family!

Vicki, nice to be able to walk to the fireworks and that you live so close to work!

Artemis, have a wonderful time with your family in Arkansas! I bet your sugarfree cake turns out delicious!

Our youngest grandaughter made almond flour spicecake minimuffins yesterday with MiMi's help. She was so proud.

Happy 4th Blitzers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (68.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Well, the kids left for Maryland to pick up son in law and then on to Maryland tomorrow. It was a great visit and we had alot of fun. So far have only found one thing left behind, grandson's pillow. But I am sure I will find more - I usually do. lol

Last night we went for a bbq and to watch the fireworks from my niece's house. The weather was very nice, a tad on the warm side but after all the rain this week it was lovely.

So far today I have had coffee with cream and maybe a handful of nuts. Plan to thaw some ground beef or steak tips and eat mostly meat today. Just keeping as simple as possible today.

Hope all the Blitzers are having a good day. Will check back later to see how everyone is doing.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

hey abs, i'm so happy you had such a nice visit with jen and your grandchildren - i bet they hated leaving and will miss you til they see you again...

i thought i posted a long post yesterday, but i don't see it - ugh!...not that you guys missed much!...

we were thinking of heading to the cottage in maine, but emmy asked if she and her bf and her best friend and her bf could come over for a bbq, so we stayed home and did that...it was a lot of fun...everyone hit the pool and even the hot tub which has cooled down and i made a ton of food...i grilled ribs, ribeyes and chicken and sent everyone home with huge doggy bags...dw made a delicious pasta salad and that went home with the kids too...

our oldest son is moving in with his gf in portsmouth - i think i've mentioned before that we wish they would get married first, but it's not our call and he's 28 and has been dating her for 8 years so........our second son did the same thing in february, so the result is that the house is slowly emptying out as it will just be dw, my 17-year-old son and me at home...

the funny thing is that every night i still have to cook for 8 people because i never know who will be stopping by to eat!... :-)

we have some wedding stuff to do today and then we will make the decision to stay home or head to maine...we may go up there tomorrow for the night as dw is taking a class next week and i have a sign meeting on monday night...

hope everyone has a wonderful day today - stay strong kids!
Closed Thread