Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/219/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi marilee, the sign company called today to tell me the sign wouldn't go up until monday...i stopped by their shop on tuesday and the sign was looking awesome!...

ff, i bet you have dropped some weight, but i'm more concerned about your leg and blood work...please get to the doc, bro...

great workout at the gym this morning...it had been several days and i was worried i would struggle but i went beyond what i normally do and felt fine...

how is everyone else doing?...

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hoping that FF will go to the Dr. today or tomorrow. Also worried about him!

Well, Marilee and Tony, it was a great plan for the blueberries. Sorry it didn't work out.

Switching to ground beef and salad today. Am down .2 pounds from yesterday so just a little closer to last years steady weight. Have been reading about a guy named Morex who is on sethroberts.net forum. He has had great success since Jan. and has lost alot of weight drinking shots of oil twice a day. It has just killed his appetite. He has run some marathons so has not lost any energy. He has posted several pictures. It is called Morex's adventures in SLD. I read about this years ago but never really tried it. Some people have alot of success with it others do not. Robert's diet was called the Shangri la Diet if you are interested in learning more about it. Guyanet and Roberts have discussed both of their ideas with each other.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, you have lost weight almost every single day since you started this - it's amazing!...and what you are doing requires a lot of discipline, so you are earning these losses!

hey guys, marilee and i were emailing about the conference call we haven't had yet...we are excited about doing it whenever the rest of the gang is available...remember, i will set it up and it won't cost you anything...let me know what works...

some friends are staying at the cottage - the wife and daughters of one of my former employees who died of a brain tumor 3 years ago...they will be there until saturday and we may go up for the night on sat night...there is a country fair this weekend that we try not to miss - a tradition, but with all the kids gone, it would be just dw, ds and me...would still be fun though...

we may head to nashville for a few days at the end of next week...lot going on at work before that...dw hasn't been there since last summer - again it would be dw, ds and me...i have to get back in some kind of nashville routine...artemis, i will post when we will be in town and if you are free, maybe you could join us for dinner...think about it...

busy day today...just chillin tonight! :-)

b: grilled chicken
l: wings
d: burger

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 08-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Any Saturday or Sunday is ok with me.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, the only explanation for me beating abi at 7:50 a.m. is that she got so tiny, her ground beef ate her! :-)

another busy day on the agenda...work, and then, who knows?...
Old 08-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha, I posted on the Guyanet thread and thought I had posted here too.

Weight was the same today as yesterday. Went to store and bought a box of burgers and a pound of ground beef. After eating one of the premade burgers I looked at the ingredients and it was spiced to the gils. lol No wonder it tasted so good. Will keep those in freezer until a later date and eat my fresh ground beef today.

Not much going on today. The weather is glorious. 86 degrees, a breeze, and low humidity!

What is everyone else doing. FF, did you get to the Dr.?

Will check back later!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

is it 86?...feels like 75 here and BEAUTIFUL!...

ff, we are all waiting to hear how you made out at the docs...
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I thought I better post here first so I don't forget to do it. lol The second ground beef day did it for me and I am back to my starting weight from last year. Down a full pound. Yay! I am transitioning into a little more relaxed version of the no reward eating. Yesterday I did have one cup of coffee with cream and I am having one right now. I think I have died and gone to heaven! I love my coffee with cream.

I plan to have the 3 poached eggs today but will have cream in my coffee. The guyanet thread is trying out seth robert's shangri la diet of having one or two tbl of oil a day straight up. I think he recommends clipping or holding your nose so as not to taste it at all and not having any food for awhile before or after having the oil. It creates an appetite suppression that really works for some people. There is a long thread on his site and also on mark's daily apple site. Will I try it? Maybe. But as long as I stay away from salting my food and no other spices I think the bland food will keep my appetite down. It is not that I do not crave other stuff but I keep thinking, don't mess up the success I am having for the time being!

Will check in later. Have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday Blitzers!
Old 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, i give you a lot of credit for what you're accomplishing...keep it up and ride it as far as it will take you...i checked out the other thread yesterday and it seems like a nice group of people...some interesting info too...

made pasta last night as my three sons were home and two of their girlfriends - i had a few ounces of pasta with some meatballs and a half piece of chicken parm and it was good...had no breakfast and salad for lunch...

not sure what is going on today...dw and ds are still sleeping and i've been up for over two hours :-)

what is everyone else up to today?
Old 08-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

The Backside was packed today! I guess some other restaurant in town is not going to have Sunday breakfast any more and there was a big church group there. I think they have just discovered our secret hideout!

I had my 3 poached eggs and several cups of coffee. Went easy on the cream. Boy do I feel revved up! Green tea does not have the same punch!

I guess everyone is taking my advice to relax today! lol
Old 08-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #251
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
no sleep fri into sat.

then i fell asleep and woke up at sometime in the late afternoon. weatherwise, next window of opportunity will be wednesday-cooler and dryer. must get to bank tomorrow. car svc is big expense. unable to do public transportation. other wise all is cool. we are making a dent in august. Nov is edging closer. later, Blitzers. FF
Old 08-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Hey FF, that is one great thing about being retired isn't! If you can't sleep some night you can just catch up the next day! Sorry the car service is so expensive! What are the temps going to be on Wed.?

I am down .2 today. Yesterday was a coffee and egg day all day. I am back with coffee for today too. Oh, how I have missed it! Looks like it will be a plain tuna day today for me. I may throw some chopped up lettuce in with it so it looks more appetizing. lol

Tony, thanks for the encouragement. This is a long tedious road I'm telling you. But on the other hand I do like the idea of fasting from good tasting food. This is a quote sort of out of the blue from Guyanet that is not any philosophy that he mentions anywhere in his writings but just an off hand remark. ""Hundreds of thousands of kids could die in an East Africa famine." It made me think long and hard about my preoccupation with trying to eat stuff that tastes really good instead of just trying to eat simple healthy food.

Have a great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 08-12-2013 at 01:33 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 04:15 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good quote abs...it does make you think about how we approach the act of eating...and congrats on another loss!

ff, does this mean you haven't seen a doc yet?...is the leg still bad?...how bout an ambulance!?...i'm not really joking, brother...

got to get to work - with any luck, we'll have a new sign today! :-)
Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #254

i also considered an ambulance...however

Wed IS the day. I need to get moving again. The spirit is SO willing, but the flesh is in pain. Wed will be low humidity and not higher than 80 degrees. I just returned home after taking care of business. they now have the correct # of pages and correctly filled out and notarized. If I was a gambling man (i am when the odds are heavily weighted in MY FAVOR), I would take action as to how many days it will be when I have my pension $. Tomorrow, I want to go to the Big Men's store for some haberdash. I noticed today and last week, that I am most satisfied with the 2 scoops of pistachio on the waffle cone. I used to be on t he verge of tears when I took the last bite. That is no longer the case. I believe this will be the greatest blitz of all for all of us. FF
Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i hope you mean wed is THE DAY you see the doc...you have me hungry for pistachio now :-)

the sign is up!!!!! it looks so awesome!...rarely does something turn out better than you thought it would, and this is one of those times!...now ds and i have to build a stone wall around the base...i will take some pics when it is done...one of these nights i will have to drive by to see what it looks like when it is lit up...

today:
b: 1/2 banana
l: small roast beef with mayo and mustard on a grilled hamburger roll - ate 1/2 the roll
d: garden salad with evoo, balsamic vinegar and feta
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

FF, I sure hope also you will go to the Dr. tomorrow! Also I am anxious for you to get weighed to see how much you have lost!

I am down .2 today so am close to beginning to lose the weight that I was working on a year ago. lol My cupboard is bare so I cooked up 3 eggs kind of like an omlet with a little chopped up raw brocolli in it for lunch. Also have a small bag of lettuce to eat with it. It is free lunch day so the rest will have cold cuts and buns to make their own sandwich. That won't bother me at all.

Can't wait to see the sign Tony!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, congrats on being in virgin weight-losing territory for 2013!...i'm so proud of you!...

i couldn't wait, so last night i drove the 30-minutes back to the building to see what the sign looks like at night - it was BEAUTIFUL!...i am so happy...it was raining today so my son and i picked up a couple of pallets of stone, and brought them to the building, but did not get started - we will do that tomorrow...

where is everyone else?...
Old 08-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I'm here. I've been reading posts, but haven't had much to report. Thinking about all of you, though.

So sick of Summer...it's 108 today and we are going to hit 111 by the end of the week. We've had virtually no rain this monsoon season, which is a bummer.

I went to get my car washed at lunch today and sat outside in the shade waiting for it - totally zapped me.

Last edited by Gibby; 08-13-2013 at 03:40 PM..
Old 08-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #259

a little ray of sunshine.

i found my tape measure, about an hour ago. I went from a 64" waist to a 57" waist. I hope it is not because the rt leg is cancerous. I do not feel sick, no did I. It was, and is the pain itself AND the frustration that I am physically incapable of doing my chores. Let us hope that whatever the problem is, it gets fixed really quick. Gibby, and all of you who live in these hot locales-y'all are super people. I would be dead, dead, dead. I cannot wait for the next Blizzard (not the Dairy Queen one...not that I would turn it down, though)!!! FF
Old 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, tomorrow (weds) is the day you see the doc, right?...i'm more worried about a blood clot - i've never even heard of leg cancer...just get it checked out, please!...congrats on the waist reduction...how are your pants staying up???

hi marilee!...my goodness, that is HOT!...you don't have to have weight-related stuff to report...just tell us how your days are going...we love hearing about your life :-)
Old 08-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

FF, a blood clot is what I was worried about also. And then what my Dh has been going through with his spinal stenosis. That has manifested itself with leg pain and not back pain. Please get it checked today if possible! Wow, 7 inches off your waistline - fantastic!

Marilee, a fellow from work had his last day on Saturday and then got in his car and headed for Phoenix. He will be attending motor cycle repair school. Wonder if he has any idea what the temps are going to be there? phew!

Tony, I can imagine how exciting it was to see your sign all lit up! Now with the stone planter around it and some flowers it will be so nice. What are you thinking at this time of year? Maybe some marigolds?

I had a regular meal yesterday so no loss but only a slight gain of .4 pounds. Back to no reward today. Cupboard is still bare so will go to store after work, gas up the car to drive to Dartmouth in morning. Won't know time until late today. They say check in could be as early as 5:30 am. I guess I will do the 3 egg omlet with raw broccoli for lunch.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Abigale; 08-14-2013 at 12:49 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #262

my belt is functional, not merely ornamental.

i am down 28 lbs at least. the old scale went up to 350 lbs only. i must come back next week. she cannot prescribe any pain killers until all the results are in. i will be there on Tuesday. my pressure and sugar was up considerably.I knew that would be the case. I also had echo doppler for the leg arteries, carotid, heart, abdomen, and kidneys. the technician(Christine) was very cute. For the next 6 days, it will be strict Atkins. so we will use 322 lbs as the new base. i will come back to the dr at the end of the blitz, to see what is what. i was in the waiting room for nearly 3 hrs. it will be interesting to see whatmy pressure and sugar will be in 6 days. i will try to get there very early. i am getting steamed Happy Family & a small order of ribs, no bbq sauce, of course. Except, for the leg, i feel like a 20 year old. Why don't the tests show that? (now, for those of you that were taking action that i would chicken out again, we will be in touch!)FF
Old 08-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

FF, thank you, thank you for going to get that leg pain checked! Hope they can give you some pain relief when they figure out from the tests what is causing it. Hope their office was air conditioned while you sat around for 3 hours. Nice that the technician was cute. That always helps make the time more pleasant. lol I did not take any betting action as I am not a betting kind of person. Now I can't answer for Tony. Hmmmmm

We have to be at Dartmouth at 8 for DH's surgery so will leave here at 6. Had some nervous eating last night so am up 2 pounds. ugh. Hope there are no snack machines any where near the waiting room. I am my own worst enemy.

Have a great day all. I will try to give you an update this evening if I don't forget. Have to get back home asap to let the dog out and have Mass at 6 in Brattleboro. Busy day!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, i will be thinking of you and dh today...i'm betting he will do great and feel a lot better after this procedure...try not to let the slight gains derail your plan...that's what i seem to do - don't get discouraged - you've worked too hard for the losses...that being said, don't beat yourself up either! :-)

ff, so happy you made it to the doc, except now i have to pay off a bookie who gave me 2 to 1 odds!...congrats on the 28+ lb. loss - use that as a springboard to get to twoderland...you are so so close!...maybe you can talk marilee into a race! :-)

i was so sore after being on my knees on the ground all day yesterday working on the stone wall with my son...i wore knee pads but still have big blisters on my knees which is a first ever thing...jumped in the pool last night and it was soothing...we made a lot of progress but are not quite half done...to get a dry-stack stone wall right takes time...my grandfather taught me how to do it when i was a kid - he was a stone mason from italy as was his father...now i'm teaching my son...

it will be another loooong day today to try to get it finished..

have a great day, kids!....
Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, if you have a chance, give me an update on your hubby...hope it went great!...

another day of handling stone - i've handled 4 tons the past two days, with vincent's help!...today, i feel my age! :-)

b: 1/2 banana and a couple spoons of lf cottage cheese
l: small roast beef sandwich on a grilled burger bun, which i ate half of - again...
d: ?
Old 08-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, DH did well with his surgery. It was a loooong day though. We got there at 8 and he didn't go to surgery until 11. The Dr. called me at 12:45 to say it was done and everything looked good and I could go see him in about an hour. Well 3 hours later they paged me to finally see him. I didn't get home until 6. Poor Bama was about to burst!! I will drive back up to Lebanon tomorrow morning to pick him up. I'm sure it will be several days before we will know how much pain he might still have. He called around 7 to say his incision was beginning to really hurt. They were going to give him some good pain medicine to sleep.

Thanks for asking for the update Tony! Talk to you all in the morning. Have a story to tell you guys.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, that's good news abs...thanks for the update...hope the pain meds allow your hubby to get a good night's sleep...drive carefully in the morning! :-)
Old 08-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Tony!

Well, here is the story I promised you all last night. Yesterday the anesthesiologist came in to check on DH before surgery and proceeded to tell him the possible but rare side effects. The first one was since he would be on his stomach during the surgery he could get blood clots to his eyes and wake up totally blind!! Then they took DH's blood pressure and asked him if he was nervous because it was high! The first thing DH said to me when I saw him after surgery was "Well, I'm not blind!" lol

Eating wise yesterday was not good so am trying to get to some semblance of no reward eating again today. Tony, thanks for the pep talk. That's why I love this site and everyone on it.

Wow, blisters on your knees, you really did get a work out yesterday. I have never heard of that happening. I'm sure the results are going to be worth it.

FF, how is the Atkin's plan going for you. I bet those ribs were fantastic as usual. I still can't get over how much weight you have lost and the number of inches. Keep up the good work!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Abigale; 08-16-2013 at 01:23 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, i responded to your post this morning, but it's gone!...wow...that is a funny story about your hubby...they scare the heck out of you prior to surgery with all the risks...i'm sure that was on his mind...did he make it home today okay?...keep us posted on how he is feeling...

how did no reward eating go today?...don't sweat yesterday - the last thing you needed was eating stress on top of waiting for surgery stress...

day three on the wall today and we are done - kind of - it is high enough to block cars and small pickups, but a big truck would still be high enough to go above the wall and hit the sign posts...don't know what i'm gonna do about it - i may have to make it higher but i really like the way it looks at this height, so i'm gonna sleep on it over the weekend and hope no one hits it...i know vincent and i don't want to see another stone for awhile :-) he was so great and such a huge help...my second son pitched in when he was around...i think we have between 5 and 6 tons of stone and other material in that planter...it looks so so so nice...gotta get a pic...

how is everyone today?...anyone have plans this weekend?...share!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Tony, I guess the no reward eating will officially get back going today. Yesterday was not bad but not that great either. Need to go to the store and pick up some chicken, tuna, and lettuce later. It helps to have stuff ready to cook or already cooked. No reason to stray off the path then.

Another pretty long day yesterday. I got up there at 9 but he didn't get to leave until around 2. Brought him home and than ran back to the pharmacy to pick up pain medicine. He is still asleep so hoping today will be the real test on the leg pain. Of course, as long as there is pain medicine in his system it may not be a true test. We can remove the bandage tomorrow.

Can't wait to see pictures of the sign. Understand the dilemma of whether to go higher or not to protect it from larger trucks backing into it.

Missing everyone else on here!! Marilee, Vicki, FF, Lori, and Artemis, hope everyone is fine. What is everyone doing this weekend?

Will check back later!
Closed Thread