Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Abi, you are rockin' this Blitz! Good for you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abs, that is AWESOME!...

hi marilee and lori... :-)

Last edited by tony8; 07-23-2013 at 04:24 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Having bad computer problems today so I will keep this short and sweet. Thanks guys for the encouraging comments!

I was thrilled to see only a .2 gain from yesterday after eating the family meal last night. My sister outdid herself with marinated beef tips, chicken with a lemon based marinade. I stuck to the meat and chicken, had a salad that was already dressed or I would have eaten it plain. I had one glass of white wine.

Back today with the no reward meals of chicken and brocolli. I don't think I have anything until next week that should derail me. I did not eat the tops off the free pizza yesterday at work and even smelling it all around me did not bother me. I was very surprised.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

way to go, abs!...what you are doing shows that switching things up when you stall is a good idea...you went from 5:2 to "no rewards" and you are getting results again...i'm proud of you...

em and sal will be back from their three-day honeymoon today and em has an ultrasound where she can learn the gender of the baby if they decide they wanna know...i'm betting they do...i know i do! :-)

we will go through her gifts and make a list for thank you cards...as the days pass, i'm thinking how different this wedding was for all the things that didn't happen: no cake cutting, no bouquet throwing, no dj, no toasts...i know that must sound weird, but many people told me they loved this wedding because they were free to enjoy it without all the cookie-cutter things you generally see at weddings...it wasn't so much planned that we wouldn't have those things - we were just having fun with other stuff and didn't even think about it...hope we didn't totally mess it up!...

gotta get to work...will check in later...how is everyone doing?

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 07-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Good Morning Everyone!

Abi - You are doing so great! I like the idea of the "no rewards" meals. I like even better that you have found something that is working for you. I am a firm believer in adapting to find what works for you.

Tony - The wedding really does sound lovely and relaxed. It sound like it was SO great that all of those other things didn't matter.

Today is another crazy day in paradise! I hope to remember to hug everyone and laugh. I have to pick up my car from the shop, hook up the camper, make dinner for the kiddos and get them fed, and then take my camper to the campsites for the County Fair. Oh, and I can't forget to do the laundry!

Today, I am trying to maintain low carb. I made homemade bread last night, but just because I love the smell in my house. I brought it to work today to give away to my coworkers. Along with two bags of banana peppers. I am worried about a friend of mine who is going through a difficult time in her marriage and is seeing a divorce attorney Friday. She has two girls under the age of 3. I couldn't even imagine!

My oldest son is sick. He stayed home from work yesterday and wasn't feeling the best today. He did decide to try and go into work today. I hope he does ok.

Busy day at work today, so I need to get at it and stop procrastinating.

Have a Happy Wednesday!!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 07-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sure is quiet around here!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, lori and i have been chatterboxing today, marilee... :-) fill us in on what's going on with you...

ff is still missing in action...it's supposed to be in the 50s tonight so maybe he will re-emerge tomorrow...

good day today...have eaten next to nothing but still feel a little bloated - not sure why...i will hit the gym in the morning and try to sweat it out!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Managed to get a 3.5 mile walk in tonight after work. I have been having one of what I like to call a rolly-polly day where I feel especially chubby. I had no sooner starting walking when some super skinny girl came running past me like "oh this is so easy and I feel and look fabulous"
Old 07-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha Artemis, I have had those thoughts too when the skinny girls run by! Happy you got the walk in. I hate those rolly polly days.

Lori, what a great way to start the day, reminding yourself to laugh and give everyone hugs! What more could a family want? Hope your son feels good today.

It is 56 this morning so I'm with Tony, FF needs to get outside early and get some fresh air!

Tony, does the weekend seem like a dream now? Are you happy to get back to your normal routine? Don't forget, we want to see a picture of the father of the bride dancing with his daughter!

They are teaching me a new machine at work. I sure hope I have all the steps down pat before they put me on it by myself. It is part of the line I work on so I will still be rotating to the other areas as usual.

Well, got back to the no reward eating yesterday and was down 1.4 from yesterday. I am thrilled of course! The proof of this being a fat removal way of eating will be if lose this darn spare tire around my waist and can get back into the jeans I wore last spring.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi artemis, don't let the skinny girls bug you...most of the guys i know prefer a woman with curves over a stick figure...you are strong and fit and that's what is important and attractive...

abs, the wedding doesn't seem like a dream yet, maybe because i am just recovering from standing for 9 hours!...haha!...last night my three boys and i played wiffle ball in the backyard for a couple of hours...i used to play competitively and they want to see if we can get in enough practice to enter some tournaments...i am so sore this morning, but it is a good sore...no gym though...good luck on the machine and great job on another big loss!...

early meeting this morning and then a drive to brattleboro to return some of my friends' supplies from the wedding...

Last edited by tony8; 07-25-2013 at 03:53 AM..
Old 07-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee - How are things going with you?

Tony - That sounds like fun and a workout! I'd take playing with the kids as a workout replacement any day.

Artemis - Good job on the walk.

Abi - You will do great on the new machine. In a few weeks it will seem like you always new how to do it.

Last night I managed to get in about a 2 mile walk/run. It was more like a walk/chase...LOL. I took my 7 yo on her push electric (standing) scooter and my 3 yo on his "new" bike for a walk/ride on our country road. Now that was WORK. I would walk a little and then chase the 3 yo. He would just laugh and laugh and almost wreck his bike. Then the 7 yo with an attitude would sit down on the side of her road because her scooter was so fast we were "soooo slow". I would just laugh at her and tap her on the nose. Too funny! Had a great time then when they were too tired to go on, I had my father in law come and get us...LOL

Rest of the night was much busier with laundry, house cleaning, moving the camper to the fairgrounds, then moving it again because I put it in the wrong spot the first time...LOL

Fun, Fun!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! You are all wearing me out with you exercise. I wish I could, but I'm tootling around with my excess weight and gimpy knee. I haven't lost any weight this week, but haven't gained any either, so I'm hoping for a drop by my official weigh-in on Monday.

I went on the website of a couple of lap-band places and they say you can expect to lose a pound a week - is that all? Heck, I can do that myself and with no complications. Which they listed and they didn't sound like fun. I'm so discouraged - I have no life....everything I want to do I can't because of either my size or my embarrasment because of my size. Not sure what to do with all of these thoughts and emotions. Living alone doesn't help....no one to run things by. Thank God for all of you.

Sorry to be a downer - I'm really not depressed just discouraged

Not much going on in my life, ergo no newsy posts. Things are status quo. I'm so looking forward to Summer being over and I know ff is, too.

Well, kids, better get back to work. I'll check in later.

Marilee
Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Good morning! You are all wearing me out with you exercise. I wish I could, but I'm tootling around with my excess weight and gimpy knee. I haven't lost any weight this week, but haven't gained any either, so I'm hoping for a drop by my official weigh-in on Monday.

I went on the website of a couple of lap-band places and they say you can expect to lose a pound a week - is that all? Heck, I can do that myself and with no complications. Which they listed and they didn't sound like fun. I'm so discouraged - I have no life....everything I want to do I can't because of either my size or my embarrasment because of my size. Not sure what to do with all of these thoughts and emotions. Living alone doesn't help....no one to run things by. Thank God for all of you.

Sorry to be a downer - I'm really not depressed just discouraged

Not much going on in my life, ergo no newsy posts. Things are status quo. I'm so looking forward to Summer being over and I know ff is, too.

Well, kids, better get back to work. I'll check in later.
Marilee - I wish I lived closer. We could definitely find something to do together. Do you have any crafty things you like to do? I have tons, but I find that I only do them if I schedule them with another person. If I try to just do them for me, I end up making something else the priority.

I have a list of things I like to do: read, needlepoint, cross stitch, croquet, crafts for the kids, bake. What do you like to do? Make we can have an agreement to do that at a certain time or day of the week and then we can exchange items/ideas/opinions about a book. I need interaction with adults also, not just my kiddos all the time!

Happy Thursday everyone!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori, you are so sweet! I have found that over the years I have lost my interests. I used to do needlepoint and I loved to dance. The one thing I do still love is reading - I am a mystery nut.....and I'm way behind. Unfortunately, I find I eat dinner and then "sit on my duff and watch TV". Not the best thing to do, I know.

I'm game for whatever....

Are there any other readers out there? Maybe we could start our own book club.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey marilee, i wish i lived closer too - we would adopt you and keep you hopping around here...i know it's hard when you don't have folks around to talk to, and although my family rarely leaves me a minute to myself, i talk to you guys about things i can't talk to them about...you are such a sweet person and have so much love to give, and i sure feel lucky to be able to call you my friend - i love you, girl!...btw, we watch more than enough tv too! :-)

i love to read, but haven't read a good book in years...

lori, i wish i could watch a video of that run/walk/bike/scooter fiasco...sounds so cute!

abs, thought about you today when i was in brattleboro... :-)
Old 07-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Marilee! Glad you figured out that a lap band with possible complications is not for you. I have never been in a book club and don't have much time to read but I would join you and Lori and anyone else in the group. Have you ever considered going to a place that offers water aerobics. It would be easy on the knee and would get you off the couch.

Tony, I wished that I had not been working yesterday and we could have met for coffee, I mean green tea now. lol Amazing you and the boys are playing wiffle ball! Just imagine a year ago just thinking about doing something like that!

Lori, what a fun exercise for the little ones. Super your father in law could pick up the tired travelers!

Well, need to get going to work shortly. TGIF! I was down .6 pounds this morning so that makes 8.4 for the week! May stick with the potato, chicken, and brocolli for another week. I can eat the same stuff over and over and not get bored and why mess with something that is working so well. Tried on the jeans last night - no go yet. Too snug in the waist to be comfortable to work in and too much spare tire. I will be so thrilled if a month from now that has all but disappeared!

Have a great Friday Blitzers!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee – My interested have wavered over the years as well. I think it depends on time and motivation

Tony – I should have recorded it! It would probably get a lot of hits on Youtube. I’ll have to remember that next time. The two youngest can be quite funny at times.

Abi – Wasn’t that sweet of him? I try to keep him busy he is a very young 79 and seems to enjoy it when we call him to “help.”

Ok, I think I’m going to do a little searching this weekend and see if I can find a short mystery for us all to read. Would that be nice to read a short mystery and discuss everyone’s different take on the author, characters, etc. or just simply say, “Ehh.”

Now you have me motivated Marilee!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Thanks to the "journey" to find a mystery for us all I have come across this wonderful free book site. I think I may have our first book for the group too. Hope everyone likes Agatha Christie, The Mysterious Affair at Styles.

Maybe so everyone could just read at their own pace we could just post when we've finished chapter 1 and discuss as we go. But agree only to discuss what is in the chapters everyone has finished so far. Does that make sense?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love Agatha Christie - she's the reason I got hooked on mysteries. I've read all of them but it has been a long time so I'd love to read them again.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

I love Agatha Christie too! Lori, sounds like a good plan!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
I am down in the dumps tonight...not sure why exactly.

Love the idea of a book club. I love to read but unfortunately these days I mostly only have time to read medical-related stuff for work.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #172
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i am back for a few minutes.

the sitting position is uncomfortable re: the right leg pain. the topical lidocaine was a major dissapointment. it did not work as expected. it did not work at all. next stop: medical doctor. i will read your posts when i feel better. i DID lose a couple of pants sizes, despite the lack of exercise. Ciao for now, HEWMON BLITZERS. FF
Old 07-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey ff, sorry i missed your call...i will try to reach you tomorrow...i hope you get to the medical doc soon - that leg should be feeling better by now...

artemis, are you plugged into the music scene in nashville at all?...i know you work a lot - have you had time to make friends there?...you really should meet my daughter sarah - she is working nights for the next few weeks, but she is so sweet and friendly and has lots of friends that are always doing something...

girls, your book club is a great idea...i may watch and listen or i might actually read along with you, but i think it will be fun to add that to the blitz...

abs, you are doing so so well with this new plan!...tell me what you are doing with those three foods?...how are you preparing them?...how much and how often are you eating them, etc.?...thanks!

marilee, any plans this weekend?...when does summer end in az?...

lazy day today - no work, no workout...ate on plan...can't believe the wedding was a week ago! :-)
Old 07-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, what is causing your leg pain? I'm so sorry you are having to through this and wish I could help somehow.

Tony, Summer doesn't end in Arizona until October. I've even had years where the air kick on in November. Everyday I check out the Weather Channel where they post the time the sun will set and rise in AZ and the days are getting shorter....Hallelujah!

Sorry you are blue, Arte...I totally get it!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

FF, yes, please go to the Dr. on the leg pain. We worry about you! Tony, glad you have contact with FF!

Artemis, sorry about your being down in the dumps. I think we all know that feeling at times. Hope some time off this weekend will help you get rejuvenated!

Tony, Guyanete recommends just gently cooking our food so I am eating the brocolli raw as I can't stand the smell of cooked brocolli (and neither can DH) , the potato I cut into bite size pieces and boil it for about 10 minutes and the boneless skinless chicken breasts I simmer until done. Really blah - lol I eat as much as I want which obviously is not very much. I certainly don't crave it like salted, buttered and spicy food! I am eating 2 to 3 times a day. Sometimes I eat some potato before work and then at 9 break have afew bites of each, eat at 11:30 and then again at 5. Most of time I am not craving too much and hope that increases as time goes on. Last night being aaah Friday night I had a struggle not to totally fall off the wagon. But since I am losing every day so far I kept telling myself not to mess up my progress. And of course, now I am glad I didn't.

I will check in later to see how everyone is doing! I was down .8 this morning so that is 9.2 since last Friday!

Last edited by Abigale; 07-27-2013 at 05:29 AM..
Old 07-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, that is AMAZING!!!...you must be feeling sooooo good...just remember, that weight is GONE and it's never coming back...

wow, marilee...so how many distinct seasons do you actually have out there?...is it only two - summer and ?...

don't know if i told ya, but the new sign got approved and they are digging holes in three days and the new sign goes up on august 5th...it's gonna be awesome!...

a few wedding pics as promised:
1. Walking Emmy down the "aisle", looking like we are emerging from the back of the caterers' rental truck!
2. Em and Sarah in our front yard.
3. The bride in our dining room.

Last edited by tony8; 07-27-2013 at 06:04 AM..
Old 07-27-2013, 06:01 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

What a beautiful bride, lovely mother and handsome father! Thanks for posting the pictures Tony!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

a couple more...
1. The bride and groom at the reception.
2. Our five kids: Vincent (17), Emmy (22), Anthony (26), Christopher (28) and Sarah (24).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1005451_10201613450886233_391436253_n.jpg (58.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 1069333_10151607639098108_1987360500_n.jpg (73.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by tony8; 07-27-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

haha!...abs, that's em and her sister - no mama...i'll try to find one of dw and post it!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

dw is on the far left in the flowery dress, next to me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1005324_10100736385953551_1926590820_n.jpg (48.5 KB, 15 views)
Closed Thread