Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Tony – Good thing the suit fit!
Abi – Great job on the eating.
to everyone else. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Funny how everyone seems to think it may be DH’s travels except for me. Even DH was first to say, “Do you think it is because I travel so much?”

I have done some investigative work for the last couple of days to try and determine where these aggressive behaviors are coming from. I know that he has some influences at daycare that are not normally there due to their summer program. I also know that he has had some major changes in the last 2-3 months and he IS NOT a child that adapts well to change. ALL of his siblings have been travelling to camps and family visits. Dad has been travelling. Mom has travelled at least once overnight. He was moved to a “new” class at daycare. His disciplinary rules changed with the class change. And teachers who once were all about holding him and playing with him are now trying to enforce rules on him and not acting in the same way they were 5 months ago. I am trying to explain this to the daycare director as calmly as possibly because she is talking about my BABY!! Needless to say he definitely has some listening issues because he is a 3 yo boy with three older siblings who usually do everything for him. I spoke with his teacher yesterday and reminded her and asked her to remind the other teachers that just because he is now having behavior issues doesn’t mean he still doesn’t need held and loved on. He needs to know that they aren’t just going to be his disciplinarian, but that they are going to provide comfort to him as well. She was astonished that I might actually have a point. They are so honed in on his bad behaviors they are forgetting to reinforce his GOOD behaviors. Weren’t they trained in this!!

Sorry, I just needed to rant a little. I am certain that it doesn’t help that I just last year I did my psychology internship with counselors working with difficult children. It takes a lot of patience, but overall a lot of love. My older two boys were adopted through the foster program when they were 3 and 5 years old. I would have never made it as a parent if I didn’t remember that these two characteristics (Patience and Love) were the keys to making our “new” family work! Pray that I will have the patience and love to get through to these teachers and be objective enough to teach my son what behaviors he needs to improve.

Oh, yeah, thanks for the therapy session!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all!

Lori, I've never been a parent, but I can understand how you feel.

Tony, yea - the suit fit!!!!! Saturday is almost here - I bet you are busy as ever.

Vicki - good for you on your intuitive eating.

Sometimes I think that those of us who have dieted for years get caught up on the whole "diet" thing and forget how to eat normally - to listen to our bodies and just fuel them they way they were meant to be fed - I try to look at my body as an engine that requires good fuel for optimal performance and a little oil so nothing squeaks and everything "runs" smoothly. Liquids for flushing and proper hydration.

So far, I've been faithful to my plan. We had bagel day here at the office yesterday so I had one and counted it as two of the carbs I'm permitted to eat each day. It's nice to not feel deprived all the time.

The weather is nice - our temperatures are lower due to the monsoon, but my joints are aching and not happy - especially my knee. I love the Weather Channel and check in on the "Local on the 8's" to see what the forecast is for the area. I saw something this morning I have never seen before....on the 7-day forecast, they had outlined Saturday in red with a warning saying there was the potential for severe storms. I've never seen that before! I'm glad it isn't on a work day when we are on the roads driving home.

Well, enough of that.

ff, how are you doing? Is your computer still running?

Arte, I hope you are having a good day.

I miss our other friends.....

TTFN

Marilee

Last edited by Gibby; 07-18-2013 at 07:45 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gibby, We have the same warning here for Saturday! We are leaving tomorrow to go camping with a group of friends about 1 1/2 hours north of here. I hope they are wrong about the forecast.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Lori, I am sure you told us but I can't remember what you said you did for work. You sure do have your hands full. What town in west Tennessee did you live? We lived in Huntsville, Alabama for many years and the last 10 years from 1997 to 2007 we lived in Gulf Shores, Alabama before returning to new england where we grew up. So sorry about the little one acting up in day care. Wish I had some words of wisdom for you. I also think it may be related to him missing his father and not being able to do anything about it. Do you and your DH skype at all? Maybe if he could see his Daddy every night and DH also encourages him to help with the picking up of the toys and not to be hitting the other kids he will try to be good that day and be able to report that night to his father.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday!
I work in International Trade Compliance. Making sure that the government knows what my company is shipping out of the country and to whom. I lived in Union City, TN. about as far west and north as you can go in TN.

I love Gulf Shores. I vacationed there about 3 times when I lived in TN. It was a very lovely place about 23-25 years ago. Do you know? Is it still? I have often considered taking my family there.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hey guys, just checking in. Yesterday and today were 12 hour days for me so super tired! We found out that we may be financially in trouble at work which is troubling.

All this week I have been drinking my protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and then having some sort of meat/protein and veggies for dinner. Trying to keep it simple!

Btw Vicki, the protein powder I am using is Pure Protein Plus. I have heard a lot of good reviews for various LC powders, but I tried this one because I have eaten their protein bars a lot and knew they were good. Also, I was able to buy a really large quantity for a cheaper price at a wholesale store.

Congrats to all and keep up the good work!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
happy to see everyone doing well...missing ff though, and hoping he is not completely wilted!...

abs, i will trade electric bills with you...last month after running the pool heater, a/c and hot tub, my bill was $486...i almost had a heart attack!...

artemis, i like your plan - do you know how many calories those protein shakes are?...

lori, you know your child better than anyone, and your analysis seems sound to me...i think teachers have a difficult time with young boys sometimes...they require a lot of patience...and three years old is still a baby - they shouldn't expect a three-year-old to behave like an older student and have the same control - that's an unreasonable expectation...

marilee, sorry to hear about your joints...they are saying the same thing here about saturday's weather...how can there be the same warning for arizona, ohio and new hampshire???...that's weird!

i may be scarce for a few days...tomorrow is the last day before the wedding - lots of stuff to do...my sister's mil passed away this week so we went to her wake in rhode island today, so we will have to hustle to get everything done tomorrow...hope the weather isn't too horrible, but we'll manage and just laugh - what else can you do?...lol...

today:
b: a few cubes of fruit and two spoonfuls of lf cottage cheese
l: skipped
d: small roast beef sandwich

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 07-19-2013, 02:41 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, I thought that was odd also that most everyone here has the same forecast for Saturday. Wishing you and your whole family a beautiful day!

Artemis, hope your group does not lose any funding! Sorry you are right back in the long hours again.

Lori, your job sounds very interesting and certainly not a run of the mill job. I also think a 3 year old is still a baby. Hope the teachers and directors will give him the cuddles that he still needs. Gulf Shore's beaches are still that beautiful white sand but there are alot more high rise condo's there. Thank goodness the state park still has a long stretch of beach that they can't build on. In Orange Beach they have a place called The Wharf. It is a shopping center and place where alot of big name bands come now. It was just opening when we moved back north. So pretty commercial area now.

Running short on time this morning. Have a great day all!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Artemis – 12 hours are rough. I hope you get good news soon. I have been looking at the protein powders lately, but am not motivated enough yet to use them

Tony – Thank you for your kind words. I am trying to be a good advocate for him. Good luck on this incredible weekend. You have your hands full with your own child this weekend

Abi – Thanks for the update on Gulf Shores. I believe it may be a good destination for my family. We have been toying with something like a beach vacation or a cruise.

I had a very successful low carb JUDDD yesterday. The best one so far and I have lost around 4 pounds in 4 weeks. Today is a low calorie day and going well so far.

Well, Zeke (my 3 yo) did much better yesterday, but still some issues. Dad is home and I’m hoping that makes a big difference today. We are off camping this weekend, so may not be around again until Sunday or Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Friday!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the wedding wishes everyone!...it's all in having the right attitude over here - we are not gonna let anything, including the weather get us down...it is what it is and we're gonna have fun with it...not gonna sweat the small stuff...i mean it's a day at the ocean - how bad can it be?...did i just ask that?!

haha!

we are as prepared as we can be, so....will be picking up my nashville buddy at the airport this afternoon - he and my quasi-daughter from brooklyn and one of sarah's friends are staying at the house with us tonight...there is no rehearsal, but we will probably take everyone out for dinner tonight...em and her bf will be here too, so that will be nice...

abs, stay cool and lori, have fun camping!

hope the rest of y'all have a great weekend!...i'll check back when i can!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Exhausted, I think the heat is doing me in. DH is on vacation the next 2 weeks, more like a staycation. My calendar is loaded between now and when I go back to work, where has the summer gone??

Tony, I hope all goes well with the wedding.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Tony, I don't know how many calories are in the shakes because I have been more focused on carbs for the time being. But I can figure it out fairly easily and let you know. Good luck with the wedding!!

Lori, I know what you mean about motivation. I didn't know in the beginning if I'd be able to just drink the shakes and then eat dinner but so far I am not getting hungry at all! It could also be because I am always on the run so I don't notice. But it is super convenient for me because I can make it up in 30 sec and run out the door! I was doing JUDDD for a while and it definitely did work but can't seem to focus on counting anything closely right now so I'm just kind of winging it lol.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I will be working, boo
Old 07-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, busy day over here and tomorrow is THE DAY...

ff called me today and wanted me to pass along that he is still in the land of the living...he is a bit hobbled with leg trouble, but mostly has been slowed by the heat, so he is keeping his movements to a minimum and is offline for the time being...he hopes to be back after the heat wave ends...

thanks, vicki...no a/c over there?...better run through the sprinkler :-)

artemis, thanks to you too!...don't want you to go to too much trouble, but i'd be interested to know the approximate calorie count in those shakes...thanks...don't work too hard this weekend...

have not eaten much at all for the past three days...went out to dinner at an italian restaurant and ordered broiled haddock and broccoli when i really wanted veal parmigiana and ravioli...

see y'all in a day or two!...stay cool...
Old 07-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad to hear ff is fine. I knew he would be suffering with the heat.

BIG storm passing through the metro airing. It's pouring and I love it!

Tony, we will be thinking of you and your family tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:42 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

So glad FF called Tony and let us know he is ok. I think the heat wave will brake after the storms go through today.

Atemis, sorry you have to work this weekend. Drinking two shakes and then having dinner sounds like a great plan especially as busy as you are. Do you actually get a lunch break at work or do you have to eat on the run?

Vicki, it was still in the 90's here in New Hampshire at 9 last night! 74 now at 4am. Hope you and your DH can do something fun while he is on vacation and you have a full calendar!

Marilee, I know you are loving that rain! what a refreshing relief!

Lori, have a wonderful time camping this weekend!

Still trying to get a grip on my eating. I was up another pound yesterday, the highest I have been in several years. Must do something drastic!! I came across this post yesterday morning and thought it was very interesting. They are talking about Steven Guyanet of Whole Health Source. He conducts research on obesity and the regulation of body fat by the brain at the University of Washington. From just doing a quick overview of the comments and then reading an interview he did with Chris Kresser called Interview 10 he talks about food rewards and resetting your body fat set point.

Here is one quote from the Chris Kresser interview.

Level 5

"This level reduces variety, which is another reward factor (4). This is something that you attempt at your own risk, as there may be downsides to eating the same foods every day. I think the risk is small if you choose your three foods carefully. I wouldn't recommend doing this indefinitely, but rather as a short-term strategy to lose fat, followed by a more relaxed maintenance phase.

1.Pick three foods, and eat nothing else. Try to pick foods that will provide a relatively balanced diet. A starch, a meat and a green vegetable is one possibility. For example: potatoes, broccoli and beef. Again, cook everything gently and add no seasonings to your food whatsoever, including salt."

Below is the lowcarb friends site and then the transcript of the interview with Chris Kresser.

Stephan Guyenet Recommendations - Reduce Food Reward in Paleo Setting

Episode 10 – Stephan Guyenet on food reward and weight loss

So it all made alot of sense to me. I use food as a reward all the time. I love my cream, my salt, anything sweet. So I will be trying this bland food idea as an experiment.

Yesterday I brewed 4 cups of green tea and drank it hot and cold during the day. Nothing added to it. I was glad I did not get a caffeine headache as I usually do without coffee. I sliced up some potatoes and roasted them for about 20 minutes on parchment and that is all I ate yesterday. It was all I had in the house and I wanted to get started. I had plenty to eat and certainly had no desire to overeat them. I was down 3 pounds of water weight this morning. When the store opens I will pick up some chicken and brocolli and steam it so there will be no fat or extra flavorings on them. I can see already that this will work as I certainly will not crave unsalted chicken or brocolli. If I have eggs I will have them poached.

He suggests having a couple of regular meals a week so this will be how I will managed the free lunches at work and Sunday breakfasts out.

Wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

Last edited by Abigale; 07-20-2013 at 01:50 AM..
Old 07-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Tony made me hungry for southern food lol. So tonight I cooked catfish and a side of okra, both of which my family gave a ton of before I came back.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Artemis, I love catfish and okra! When I worked in Huntsville, Alabama many years ago the office gang would go to a nearby restaurant whose specialty was fried catfish fillets and hushpuppies! So good.

We never got the thunderstorms predicted for yesterday so hope that the weather for Tony's daughter's wedding stayed nice. Can't wait to hear the details and see some pictures.

FF, watching the radar yesterday it looked like NY got some rain. Temps this morning are in the 60's here so I have opened some windows. So refreshing after a week in the 90's!

Well, I am continuing with my no reward eating and am down another pound since Friday. That makes a total of over 4 pounds of water weight gone. My mood is perking up too. Like yesterday I will have the same to eat today. One small potato with nothing on it, not even salt and two meals of chicken and brocolli, plain. I also drank green tea all day, some over ice and some hot. So happy for no headache. I think that tea has less caffeine than coffee but it must have just enough not to create a caffeine headache.

It is amazing how eating bland food curbs the desire to overeat! Won't be eating out this morning as my brother and sister in law are in Cleveland visiting my niece. I am happy not to have to mess with my meal plan so soon after starting it. I have until tuesday with free lunch coming up and also dinner with some of the family at my sister's house that night. I am sure most of the food offered that day will have alot of sodium in it even if I don't salt it so that will be a bounce on Wed.

Well, I am in this for the long haul. I am not going to let a regular flavorfull meal derail me. I have always said I wish I could eat to live and not live to eat. I think this bland food or no reward eating is the answer for me!

Have a wonderful day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 07-21-2013 at 01:20 AM..
Old 07-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yea, AC here. Today, we may have a chance of rain. Hard to believe that 2 months ago we had way too much rain.

DH is starting his staycation this week and it will go for 2 weeks. He has a honeydo list a mile long and he is the one who started it LOL. I also have something going on just about every day until I go back to work. I will get rested up after then. LOL
Old 07-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

I'm challenging myself to a one hour/per day, no excuses workout challenge starting tonight. I've got my eating pretty much under control but need to focus on getting my exercise routine going again. I'm letting my work life take control of everything else and I really need the exercise if I'm ever going to meet my 2 sizes by December goal.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys!...the wedding is over and em and sal are in maine for a few days for their honeymoon...she has an ultrasound on weds and may find out the baby's gender - they haven't decided if they want to know yet - i hope they do as i always liked knowing who was on the way when dw was prego :-)

the wedding was really very nice...there was a huge storm that passed a couple of miles away - we could see the rain and the lightning, and heard there were torrential downpours just down the road...we had 170+ people and everyone had a great time...the heat and some small flies that were biting our ankles were the only dampers, but we had bug spray and no one seemed to mind...there was a cooler breeze about halfway through the day...we started at noon and ended around 6 and everyone stayed the whole time...

everyone raved about the food, and about how laid back and fun it was - i was so busy mingling, i didn't even eat!...neither did dw...23 of us went to a seafood restaurant after the wedding ended and hung out til about 9 p.m. - had a light meal and visited and that was so relaxing and nice...

my main job yesterday was to bring the meat from the butcher shop to the ocean (about an hour away) and believe it or not, when i got to the site, the boys had set everything up and my buddy had all his food ready and the grills heated and asked me "where's the meat?"...i had forgotten to pick it up!!!...i had hired a few of ds friends to help out so they drove all the way back to get it for us...it could have been a disaster, but they got back just in time, after the appetizers...it was really funny...

there were other comedies of errors but i was kind of the emcee and made jokes about our do-it-yourself wedding and everyone was laughing...i think our faux pas and making fun of ourselves put everyone at ease...it was like a huge backyard barbecue with music, dancing, wiffle ball, frisbee etc....

so, mission accomplished!

we have tons of food leftover and we sent everyone home with food who would take it...i had enough food for 500 people...haha!

abs, i think that plan sounds like a winner - it might be hard to do for long periods, but it will work...can you change the three foods week to week?...that may make it easier to follow without compromising results...

artemis, i think your exercise commitment is great - i will start back at the gym in the morning after several days off...i stood all day yesterday and my legs are sore today...a year ago, i would have had to sit all day!

marilee, how is the heat out there?...we are finally cooling off after a week long heat wave...

vicki, enjoy the staycation!...you are off too, right?

see y'all tomorrow!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, the wedding sounded wonderful! So happy you did not get the torrential downpour and that the air got cooler half way through. So funny about the meat. Understandable for the father of the bride to be a little distracted. lol Now we want to see some pictures!

Thanks for the support on this no reward way of eating. Yes, I think it would be fine to switch out the meals every week and I will be thinking about that. I have decided to bring my lunch tomorrow instead of eating the tops off the free pizza. I will be at my sister's house tomorrow night for dinner in Walpole and will eat whatever is available in my food range. They usually grill marinated steak and chicken and have a tossed salad so there will be flavors there. Guyanet does say to eat a couple of regular meals during the week.

I am down another 1.4 pounds today so that is 5.6 since friday! So getting on the scale each day is my reward instead of tasty food. I like it!

Have a great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 07-22-2013 at 02:01 AM..
Old 07-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

FF, have you started to get your pension yet?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Artemis – It appears as if the shakes are working for you. I will be the first to say everyone has to find what works for them at the time/situation they are currently at in their life. I do not believe there is one grand solution for everyone. Also, I love the self challenge for exercise. I am trying to get motivated again for exercise also. I will do great one week and then skip two. Ugh!

Gibby – Glad you are surviving the storm. It stormed on us Saturday too.

Abi – It sounds like you have a plan of attack that is working for you. Good job.

Tony – I knew it would be wonderful. You had such a great plan!

FF – I’m glad you are doing well! I hope you have some cooler weather this week.

The weekend was wonderful! Even with a little rain both Saturday morning and Sunday morning, we had a wonderful time with about 6 other families. Also, the kids really enjoyed spending the time with their dad. He was off this AM at 4:30 to go back to Louisiana and will be home Friday for 10 days! YAY!!!

This week will be more clean up. Only Two more trees left to clean from the front yard. I managed to get out in the garden yesterday and do some much needed weeding. Also, my daughter picked her first cucumber of the season. She was so excited as this is her favorite food. I also had over ˝ dozen banana peppers, which we grilled last night with burgers. YUM! The radishes however were overripe and all had to be tossed. It appears as if the red chili peppers, green beans, and tomatoes are going to prosper. They all had a large amount of fruit and flowers on them. The cabbage, kohlrabi, and broccoli are not fairing so well. Hopefully since I got all the weeds out yesterday and it was raining when I awoke they will bounce back!

Also, on the burgers last night we had cucumber dip call tsadziki. Very yummy stuff!! Today is going well eating so far and I am looking forward to getting a lot of work done. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, wow, you pulled it off and with the normal faux pas that every wedding has. Congrats.

Artemis, it sounds like you are on your way.

Abi, congrats.

Lori, I am glad you can spell the cucumber dip right LOL

Gibby & ff where are you guys?

Yes, I am off too for summer break and today I have a date with my mother: Gone With the Wind and lunch.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi lori, happy to hear your camping trip went so well...and your garden sounds awesome...i haven't planted one in a long time, but i love them...our yard doesn't have an area large enough with a lot of sun, so ours would have to be pretty modest...

abs, i really like the psychology of your plan and may try it for periods of time during the next six months, over which i plan to get to 1derland...that is my goal for the end of the year...when i look at myself in the mirror, i can't see the 40 lbs. i need to lose to get to my ultimate goal, but it is obvious in photos and i saw it in the wedding pics...i've looked worse, but i've looked a lot better!...i will try to copy and post some later...
Old 07-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday!

Tony, the wedding sounds like a blast! I'm so happy it went off well, inspite of the meat glitch

It sounds like my kind of wedding - a fun, happy celebration.

In my neighborhood, we only had rain on Friday night, but it poured on Saturday and Sunday in other parts of the metro area. It's so weird when it does that.

I got on the scale this morning and I'm only down .8 pounds for last week, but a loss is a loss so I'll take it!

Best get to work - TTYL
Old 07-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki - Did I spell it right? It is very hard to spell.

Tony - I love what you said, "i've looked worse, but i've looked a lot better." I say this about myself a lot.

Marilee - I LOVE the new avi. It gave me an nice chuckle.

Trying to get motivated here at WORK this afternoon. Ugh!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

went to the gym this morning and had a good workout - felt good to sweat again while actually moving!...haha!

haven't eaten yet...we have been giving away wedding food to neighbors and friends - i want that potato salad out of the house asap as i love it and grazed on it too much yesterday...

abs, i am going to try some variation on your plan...i'll let you know when i work it out...congrats on the BIG loss!!!...that is awesome and it's not all water, girl

marilee, happy you got some rain and if you lose .8 lbs. every week, you will be 40+ lbs. lighter next year!...congrats!

lori, get to work!...just teasing :-)
Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Tony..."Where's the beef!?"
Old 07-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Marilee, you are so funny!

Vicki and Lori, thanks for the congrats!

Tony, it will be nice to have someone else join me on this plan even if it is off and on.

I am down another pound today from no reward eating. That is 6.6 pounds since Friday. I am very excited about this and hope it continues. I will be at a family meal tonight with food with lots of flavors and sodium so anticipate a bounce up tomorrow. I am still taking my daily vitamins which are flavored and for 2 days I am back to having a tbl of unflavored coconut oil in my hot green tea.

Having torrential rain for the last few hours but it has let up some now. Really don't want to drive in heavy rain.

Artemis, I am glad you are going to make some time for yourself getting back to the exercise routine. I know it makes you feel better and gives you more energy.

FF, it is time for you to come out of hiding. We are really missing that Farenghi wit!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Tony - I would be the same with the leftovers. Get them out of my house!

Marilee -

Abi - Great job! Keep it up!

Sleepy and Unmotivated today. probably too much food yesterday. I'm up a few pounds. Blah!
Closed Thread