Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, glad you came up for air! We worry about you! Do you have to take a bus or car service to get to Fed Ex or do you walk there? Maybe there is a very well air conditioned shop along the way you can hang out in for awhile.

Today is free lunch day at work and we will be having pizza. As usual, I will have the tops off two slices. They put plenty of meat and cheese on them so just eating the tops is plenty filling.

We are hiring 3 temps for the next 2 weeks and one of them is a girl I worked with last summer. She is a sophmore at Smith College and very sweet. I am looking forward to seeing her and catching up on how her year is going. The last we talked she was majoring in Biology.

Thinking about a less than 600 calorie fast for tomorrow.

Have a great day Blitzers!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
FF & Vicki - TRY to stay cool. Perhaps we could arrange a trade of weather patterns. I was in the basement last night with the kiddos due to tornado watch. Continued to get notices that friends basements were flooded 20 miles north of us. If only the rain would let up for a few days.

Tony - I had a few wild days in my younger years as well. So, I do not mind the chaos so much! Just wish DH didn't have to travel as much.

Abi - I am being treated to lunch by a friend today. I will be having 5 salt&vinegar wings for a total of 360 calories along with my one cup of coffee with HWC = 100c. That is all my calories for today and I will be fasting as well. I might have more HWC later with my diet dr pepper over ice for a yummy cream soda treat. that will still keep me below 600 also.

Yesterday, I ran the kiddos around to the bank and 4H meeting. I taught the 15 yo DS how to make meatloaf and he was thrilled when it turned out wonderfully (as was everyone else). I made homemade mashed potatoes with heavy cream and butter to go with the meatloaf. YUM!

The storms began around 10, so all sleeping little ones were moved to the basement couch and floor until the watch was over. Unfortunately, we have several ash trees with the ash borer infecting them within 10-20 feet of the house. They are several stories high and need to be cut down badly. However, that requires money (which we have in savings) and time for my DH to be here to get it done (which he doesn't seem to have right now). He has been working 15-17 hour days...eck! I think someone asked me what he does...He does industrial water purfication startups. That is pretty clear, right? LOL Ok, he goes in and supervises all the workers that come in (construction, plumbing, electricians) to build these very large scale purification systems. Then after they are built he has to stay and get them running, adjust chemicals, write manuals, and train their employees to operate the equipment/mix chemicals to purify the water they get dirty during their processes.

Ok back to last night... The storms cleared about 11:30 and I got everyone back their own beds and stayed up a little longer (too late) browsing the internet and facebook. Again getting in my own relax/quite time.

Tonight is a little less hectic, but still have to return movies and take the 15 yo get new tennis shoes he is buying from his savings.

Not sure what I will make the kiddos for dinner. Maybe some pork chops and corn...hmm...that sound like a plan!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 07-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Lori, we have had our share of tornado watches/warnings. Do you have a weather radio? Still muggy today. AC doesn't seem to keep up. Although we only keep it set at 78.

I was given an assignment by my therapist yesterday. I am to try waiting until I feel physical hunger before eating my first meal of the day. I did it last week once which was around noon if I remember right. Then grazed the rest of the day. I told her this and she said "so what, you did it once. Who cares what happened after that. We are only working on waiting for hunger for the first meal". OK, I can live with that, mini steps I guess.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki - Good Job on setting that goal and getting there. I do not have a weather radio, but I am subscribed to the weather channel allerts. So, I got about 4 phone calls from Jim Cantore in about 20 minutes last night. Thunderstorm watch, flash flood warning, thunderstorm warning, tornado watch...it was craziness.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

I just finished eating cottage cheese, blueberries with flax meal and chia seeds along with old-fashioned oatmeal. It was yummy. Now, we will see about the next meal. I volunteer at the train station gift shop on Tues afternoons, so I typically take my "lunch" and don't eat until the train goes out at 1:30.

Yesterday I dislocated my little toe on the right foot by running into a shower chair (wasn't in the shower). I thought it was a muscle spasm that was causing the toe to jut out at a 45 degree angle. But, no, I pushed it back and felt a crunch and heard a pop. Well, all swollen and bruised today and smarting a bit. The only thing I can put on my feet are fake crocs and those rub the wrong way. Good thing there is a stool at the gift shop.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Vicki, ouch! It must run in the family - last week I smashed my toes into the side of the bathtub (do we have an issue with bathrooms?) and the toe next to the little one was red and sore - I didn't break or dislocate it, but it sure hurt for a couple of days. It figures the foot was on my "good leg" - hobbled around like a granny.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/229.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
alright marilee, that's enough with the grandparent jokes - i still can't get used to the idea that i'll be one in december! :-)

vicki, if you're anything like me, you simply have to keep the stuff you don't want to eat out of the house - when i do that, the whole family eats healthier, and i don't hear any complaints...i try to focus on eliminating the frankenfoods, sugary snacks and chips...i replace that with fresh fruit, greek yogurt and other healthy snacks...every once in a while, i will get some organic frozen yogurt as a treat...stuff like that...i don't think we need to be perfect - just alter habits a bit to achieve moderation...

abs, enjoy the pizza toppings...my wife went to mount holyoke, so i heard a lot about smith college over the years...

lori, i'm sure you are used to weather warnings, but it sure sounds stressful...i guess every place has its challenges...i finally took a few trees down this year - i hate cutting trees! - and it has made a big difference in the yard...much more open and the lawn is doing better...it must be hard having your hubby away so much, but i bet it makes his homecomings more fun ;-) the kids must miss him too...

i had some kind of flu-like bug last night...i woke up with chills and felt achy all night - feeling better now but not 100% and i NEVER get sick...no other sympstoms so that's good!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 07-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was watching the live broadcast of the memorial service for the 19 hot shot fire fighters who died on 6/30. In all my years, I have NEVER seen a memorial service like that - including presidents. I had to quit watching because I was at work. I hope it is re-aired or on the internet so I can finish.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

It has been a long time (knock on wood) but over the years I have run my toes into bathtubs or chair legs and have had to limp and wear wide soft shoes for two weeks. Marilee and Vicki, I sympathize with your pain.

Grandaughter will get her nose fixed today at 8. I feel bad that DD's family has a real high deductible. It sure was an expensive trip for them.

Lori, I have a head of lettuce and a tomato sitting out on the counter to be washed. Need to check calorie counts of how I am going to set up the day with salad dressing, maybe some pork skins for crunch etc. I have fixed hard boiled eggs on past fast days but not in the mood today for them.

Had a nice visit at work with the temp from last summer. She is leaning toward being a maternity nurse and would like to be a midwife down the road.

Tony, every time I think about that little baby coming into your family I feel so happy for you all!

FF, did you get out to mail your rent check yesterday ok?

Have a great Wednesday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 07-10-2013 at 12:42 AM..
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, north breeze, low humidity leads to AC turned off and windows open. I heard that the next 7 days are going to be back in the 90's, so, I guess I will enjoy today. Three loads of wash out on the line.

I made BOLT sandwiches last night (bacon, onion, lettuce and tomato) only to realize when cleaning up the dishes the lettuce was still in the salad spinner. I thought something was missing but just couldn't put my finger on it LOL.

I had a hankering for tuna macaroni salad. I bought a pasta that was high in protein and half the box which is 3 servings. With all the other ingredients, I suspect it could feed 6-8, so the amount of pasta will be low.

I also put a whole chicken in the crockpot with lemon juice, garlic cloves tucked under the skin, 1/4 onion shoved up the cavity and dill weed.

I am still awaiting physical hunger and haven't eaten breakfast yet. Only coffee with half and half and CO.

Last edited by vli1127; 07-10-2013 at 07:35 AM..
Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki & Marilee – Ouch and Ouch!!

Vickie – That crockpot chicken sounds amazing!!! I want some! Now you have me thinking about utilizing my crockpot for dinner tomorrow night!

Tony – It is challenging at times. Funny you should mention the trees as I lost another one in the storm last night. I just warned the boys to be ready to cut and haul this evening when I get home. And the kids do miss him TERRIBLY. I has been worse this summer than the last few. About feeling sick, since I have been eating healthier, I can’t say I haven’t gotten sick at all, but I can say it has be much less intense and gone away quicker in my opinion.

Abi – I finished up the evening around 600c. Today I’m shooting for 2050, and I skipped breakfast except for my coffee with heavy cream. I went to subway with a friend and had a little popcorn snack. I think I still have about 800c left for dinner. I made grilled pork chops for the kiddies last night and saved myself one back for tonights dinner….it looked SOO good! I get all my meat from the butcher, so it is a very nice sized pork chop. LOL…Hungry yet? Pork chops are surprisingly low cal though. Even for my fat one that I grilled last night it is only 350c, and I can probably only eat ˝ of it!’

Well, I awoke to another tree down in the front yard today. This one scares me because I thought it was healthy and the kids play on it all the time. I may have to find the money to have a professional come out and mark all the trees that are bad. The boys and I can cut them up, my dad was a logger for many years and can cut them down, but I apparently cannot tell if they are good or bad. Anyway, tonight I will be cutting up trees and hauling branches. Thankfully it was in the center of the yard and far from the house, but it creates a ton of work. I guess I know what my workout will be for the next couple of nights. Also, we (meaning me) have decided to drive up to Chicago on Saturday and stay overnight with family before driving back on Sunday. Hopefully that will be less stressful, since I will be the only driver. My 17 year old lost his license (because he has a lead foot like his momma) and can only drive to work and school functions. I am debating whether to wait until he gets off work Saturday, but just take off Saturday morning and let him stay with his Grandpa while I am gone.

Not eating too badly today, but working too hard. Happy Wednesday!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I thought something was missing but just couldn't put my finger on it LOL.
Too funny!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

lori, so sorry to hear about the trees and all the work and worry it has caused...after many years of thinking about it, i finally hired a pro this spring - it does get expensive...it cost me $1500 for one full day of cutting and chipping...if you saw how wooded my yard still is, you would not believe i even trimmed a tree here :-) hope you have fun in chicago...btw, i LOVE pork chops!...

vicki, all that food sounds so yummy and it sounds like you are on a pretty good track...

abs, how did your granddaughter make out today?...did you do the low-cal fast today?

felt better today - spent a lot of time on the wedding...there are so many moving parts with doing this yourself...175 people are coming, some from all over the country - we can't believe it!...we are so happy that so many people are coming on such short notice...

today:
b: fresh fruit salad with low fat cottage cheese
l: small piece of chicken parm
d: watermelon
Old 07-11-2013, 02:26 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I did well until I got home from work and the nuts started calling me. So I was way over the 600 calories but probably under what my regular daily amount should be. Thanks for asking. Have not decided on today's menu yet. I do feel like I am getting more and more motivated to get back to the 5:2 plan.

Grandaughter did well with the nose straightening. Dr. was able to just push it straight while she was under and did not have to re break it. Daughter filmed her conversation on their way home as she was still loopy and it was hysterical. She said could Rebecca smile for her and it was the saddest looking smile I have ever seen. Then Jen says, that's a pretty smile. That's when I just laughed out loud. So glad that is all over. Now they have to figure out how to pay the $5000.00 family deductible!!

Lori, I am amazed to hear how self sufficient your family is with cutting up the fallen trees! Most kids are so numbed by their electronic gadgets they would never know how to use a chain saw. Have a safe trip to Chicago to see your family this weekend.

Vicki, I think I ate all your lettuce yesterday if you were looking for it. lol Do you also put mayo on your bolt sandwich? The crock pot chicken sounds so delicious!

Marilee, the loss of all those young men is so devastating. Hope you can get to see a re-run of the whole memorial service. Maybe on youtube?

FF, how are you doing today?

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, who are the nuts in your house that call LOL, couldn't resist. HA HA Of course I put mayo on the BLTs it wouldn't be right without it.

I hear you guys about the trees. We need several trees trimmed around this new place and I know how much $$$ it costs. I spent upwards of around $2000 on a tree at the old house over a few years to have it professionally trimmed. We have dead limbs way up that would need the cherry picker.

Once again, I am waiting for hunger. Gee, if you don't eat at night before bed, maybe you would be hungry in the morning??? You think??? Maybe I will get it one of these days.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

abs, that's a cute story about the granddaughter - i can just picture it!...kids are entertaining...sounds like you are inching back to 5:2 - it's not easy so it's no surprise it takes a few tries before you are "all in" again...

vicki, you're a nut! ;-)

the little bug i suffered from didn't affect my stomach, but my appetite was still suppressed, so there was the silver lining...i'm about 80% better this morning and have lots to do so i'm not gonna let it slow me down...

not much food in the house so i have to go shopping today...it is weird with only three of us home most nights now but i still have to have more than enough food because even if they're not home for dinner, the other kids drop in at all hours in various states of hunger and love to pick on whatever's around...it will be really weird when dw and ds go back to school at the end of august as they leave at 6:30, and i will be home alone in the a.m. for the first time EVER...at least til my schedule changes...

hope y'all have a great day...omg, i forgot - i have to buy a suit!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Tony – That is so exciting about the response to the wedding. It is a lot of work though. My DH and I were overseas when we decided to get married and do it in a short period of time as well. I had to do all the planning and execution myself. Lots of work, but lots of fun as well. Buy a suit? For the wedding?

Abi – That is a funny story. Not so great about the deductible though. About the electronics…my children think we are old fashioned sometimes, but our kids are not allowed to play video games if the sun is out. This has been a long standing rule at our house. I wish all parents would adopt this rule. My children now love to be outdoors and would rather be active than not. I may not be the popular parent because of it, but I am proud of this rule/decision we made long ago.

Vicki – Yes, the expense for the trees are amazing. We had a quote for ONE TREE to be take down that is near the house for $2000.00. We also have a lot of mature trees on our property and they said they would take down the other two included in the price of the one. So three trees for $2000.00 is still expensive!

Another storm came through our area in the afternoon yesterday. So, instead of going home to one downed tree. I went home to four. I changed clothes immediately upon arriving home and for the next FOUR HOURS I did nothing but cut trees, haul branches and move wood. Of, course I only put a dent in it. I had two teenage boys, a 79 yo father in law (I kept trying to get to sit down or go home), several young children and my friend and her husband. Thankfully we were able to get all the trees/branches/cut wood off the neighbors property (two trees were partially on neighbors property to the east and west). But there is still a lot of work to do. So, probably tonight and tomorrow night I will be hauling away branches and wood. I have a couple of log splitters lined up to split up the big stuff. Then it is just a matter to stacking on the back of the property by the woods to burn in the fireplaces for the winter.

In addition to all of the work, my daughter was sick again last night. She was throwing up every 5-10 minutes for about an hour. I am currently researching to see if she has a disorder of some type. The last ˝ dozen times she has played outside in the sun all day she has suffered the same symptoms and been miserable or been taken to the emergency room. I am beginning to think she has some type of sun exposure related illness or disorder. She feel better today and seems to be keeping everything down, which is exactly what has been happening the other times. Frustrating.

All in all though all the children were happy this morning and had a great start to their day. My 3 yo DS’s favorite “animal” are roly polys. He found TWO on the way into daycare today, so he was a VERY happy camper when the teacher let him keep them in a cup. Before I left, one of them was named Herman.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all. Just checking in.

Sorry about the tree damages. Sounds like a big, expensive job clearing them away.

We had our first monsoon storm last night in parts of the Valley. At 3:30 AM I heard thunder and then BOOM! Lightening and thunder right over my condo and it poured for about 5 minutes. It was wonderful.

Although I didn't name a goal of pounds to lose this Blitz, I do have my own personal DESIRE to lose 2 pounds a week. When a person is as heavy as I am, that is very doable. I'm happy to report that I am almost at the goal. Monday is my weigh in day so I'm expecting good news.

Marilee
Old 07-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

lori, sounds like your daughter might be suffering from heat exhaustion...kids don't take time to rest or drink enough when they are having fun and their sweat glands aren't fully developed to aid in cooling so they overdo it...we used to have to make our kids drink and take breaks to cool off or they would have kept going til they collapsed...i remember finding them red and flushed and their skin hot and they'd still argue about coming in for a drink...

marilee, seems like we have had thunderstorms every day lately around here...wish we could send you some of our water :-)

hope ff is okay...

due to lori's influence, i weighed for the first time in months today and i am 224.6, so i'm 1.4 lbs. below where i was when i last weighed...considering i expected to be several pounds heavier, it was good news...after the wedding, i'm gonna get really serious about getting below 200 lbs before this year ends...it's way overdo!...
Old 07-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, hope your daughter is ok and you figure out what the problem is. Maybe Tony is right and she has heat exhaustion. Having her come in and cool down and have a drink every so often may help.

Tony, nice surprise that you were down a pound since last weighing. And we know that you have gained alot of muscle which is heavier than fat. You are doing great. What is the date of the wedding again? Maybe you can get an extra job as a wedding planner when it is over. lol

Vicki, I sure do miss you when you aren't around. lol

Marilee, I know you enjoyed that cooling rain for 5 minutes. Good going on the 2 pounds down for the week.

It is time for FF to check in and assure us he is ok. FF?

Some of us are going to my brother's camp for lunch tomorrow and to see his son who is up from Georgia. He wasn't here a couple of weeks ago when we were up there. He will be freshman in college this year. These kids are all growing up so fast!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori, I hope your daughter is doing better today.

Abi, what do you mean, I have been coming around lately

Tony, I did the same thing today, weighed in. Since I am trying not to have a goal of a # and am concentrating on the mindfulness and hunger, I don't want to weigh too much. I was 254.6, up from what I was last time. At least I can say I am maintaining and not gaining anyways as long as I stay in the 250's. I know it isn't exactly what I want, but it is going to take some time.

Maybe my goal for this blitz is to only eat when physically hungry, there you go.

ff, where are you??

Marilee, 5 minutes of pouring, is that all LOL? We need rain here. After having such a wet spring and early summer, it is hard to believe that we are now so dry.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee – That is wonderful that you are excited about your goal. I love your new avi! I like to listen to the rain too. It is so peaceful and soothing at times.

Tony – Yes, I do believe that the heat is affecting her, but since this is something that has been going on with her for a couple of years we are careful to ensure she is hydrated and takes breaks throughout the day. I am researching now, because I think it is something more as it keeps happening to her. I read during research yesterday that it may be a vitamin/mineral deficiency as well. I have taken extra precautions now. I have spoken with her summer program leader to make sure she wears a hat when she is out, has her sunscreen put on, and has her water bottle with her. At home we are making certain she takes her multivitamin each morning and takes a little time out to rest before jumping into the night’s activities. Amazingly crazy schedules do not help!

Abi – The camp trip sounds like a lot of fun.

Vicki - Hi! Congrats on maintaining!

FF - I hope you are staying relatively cool! Getting outside at all?

Zoie is feeling much better today and planning on a 1-2 hour trip to the park with her summer group today.

More brush and wood cleared off last night. The goal tonight is to have my tree that fell into the neighbor’s yard completely cleaned up from her yard. We have worked diligently the last two nights on it, but still haven’t finished. Tonight is the night. Then we have to pack, because I am driving to Chicago Saturday dropping off my 15 YO and returning Sunday. I have committed to a Labor day challenge to a weight loss goal and running 3x/week. This week I missed my running goal. So, next week I want to try and accomplish this goal. I have to keep reminding myself to do something for me!

Last edited by LoriAS; 07-12-2013 at 05:34 AM..
Old 07-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hey guys! Sorry it's been several days since I've checked in. I have been visiting my family this week. I will have to leave on Sunday and not looking forward to it.

Some of the days I have been here I have managed to eat LC and some days have been moderate carbs. But I have been successful in working out every single day and drinking a minimum of a gallon of water each day. So I am just hoping that I have managed to keep off what I have lost while here instead of having a set back. My family all said that I looked like I had lost weight since they last saw me so that was a confidence booster for sure, and made me feel like my hard work might start to pay off.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

hey artemis, great to see you and to hear that you are having a good time at home...sounds like you are eating moderately too, which isn't always easy around mamas and papas!...good for you!

lori, WOW!...sounds like you have covered every possible base with your daughter...happy she is feeling better today...do you know which vitamin deficiency contributes to this problem?...i'm curious...good luck with that darn tree... :-)

abs, have fun at the lake...you do a lot of running around this time of year, don't you?...haha!...the wedding is next saturday, the 20th...take a ride out to the beach and join us...plenty of lc food and the chef is your neighbor!...

ff, we are calling you!

vicki, good for you for maintaining and setting as a goal a change in behavior...sounds like a smart goal...

hi marilee, hope you have a rainy friday! ;-)
Old 07-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis19 View Post
Hey guys! Sorry it's been several days since I've checked in. I have been visiting my family this week. I will have to leave on Sunday and not looking forward to it.

Some of the days I have been here I have managed to eat LC and some days have been moderate carbs. But I have been successful in working out every single day and drinking a minimum of a gallon of water each day. So I am just hoping that I have managed to keep off what I have lost while here instead of having a set back. My family all said that I looked like I had lost weight since they last saw me so that was a confidence booster for sure, and made me feel like my hard work might start to pay off.
Great job! I admire the fact that you made a great go at staying on plan. I have a very hard time staying on plan while away from home.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Tony,

What little information I could find with people displaying similar symptoms, several were diagnosed with a Vitamin D deficiency.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

wow, lori, that is interesting as time in the sun is one excellent source of vitamin d!...i guess you could fill a stadium with what i DON'T know about vitamins :-)
Old 07-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers! Happy Saturday!

Artemis, I know you have been really enjoying being with your family. Hope you were able to relax and rest up. You work so hard and such long hours.

Lori, that is very interesting about the lack of vitamin D causing reactions to the sun. What is the next step, have your daughter's vitamin D levels checked? Even though you didn't get your running goal in this week you certainly got your exercise in with clearing all the brush and the tree in your neighbor's yard!

Vicki, I hear you on not weighing often. The more I step on the scale, the more it seems I eat. I'd also like to be mindful of eating to just satisfy hunger.

Marilee, any more rain showers expected for your area? What are you doing this weekend?

FF, it got into the 60's last night. Hope you got to open a window and get some fresh air in your apartment.

Tony, tell me about all the running around this summer. I am worn out! I like nothing better than staying home but it sure hasn't worked out lately. Hope you will post some pictures after the wedding next Saturday. It is wonderful that you have so many friends and family coming for it.

Putting together a veggie platter to bring to the lake and will meet one of my sisters in Keene at 9. She is going to drive. My other sister and our 2 brother's will be there too. Our times with the 5 of us being all together are very special.

Have a terrific day all!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

abs, so happy you will be with all your siblings...i'm looking forward to that at the wedding...there is little doubt that this will be the last time many of the people who come, will ever be in the same place at the same time...we are setting up the tables with 8 to 10 folks per table, depending on how they "fit" together...dw and i are having a little debate as there are some tables with groups of less than 8, that we need to add folks to - she says just place random people there and i am suggesting spreading ourselves and our kids (and dates) all over at these tables, so all our guests feel involved and special...we will rarely be sitting anywhere anyway as it is a casual buffet and we have so many people to visit with...

maybe i'm just weird, but in a situation like this, my first instinct is to put myself in my guests place and to try to do what i can to alleviate the things that make me uncomfortable at weddings or other big events...most of the time, it is the feeling that it would not have made a difference if i wasn't there, because you get to spend about two minutes with anyone you really came to see...

also, to me it is most enjoyable if the people i invite to something are really having fun, rather than focusing on making it the most fun for me - don't know if that makes any sense...

oh well... :-)

have a great day kids!

Last edited by tony8; 07-13-2013 at 05:11 AM..
Old 07-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Coffee with friends, farmer's market, baking pie (healthy LC), computer and then studying. Later, dinner with friends. What a way to spend a Saturday. Overcast here and decent temp.

Tony, you are certainly putting a lot of thought into the seating arrangements.

Abi, have fun with sis.
Closed Thread