Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
You are cracking me up Tony!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
1) what are you doing up at 8 o'clock at night and 2) why haven't you posted by 9 a.m. in the morning?...you are rocking my world, girl...next thing ya know, you'll be swearing off ground beef and pork rinds!...

bec, a HUGE congrats on 3 weeks and a new low...getting yourself mentally prepared for the slowdown in weight loss is smart!...good for you...remember, plateaus are normal and maintenance and not gaining are both goals and victories too...

may try to make it to the deerfield fair this weekend - i think it's the oldest fair in the country and we haven't been in years...i think i sat in two miles of traffic on a country road the last time we went and that was the antidote to going...now that i've kinda forgotten how frustrating that was, i'm ready to go again :-) if we go, i will allow myself the indulgence of some fair french fries in vinegar, salt and ketchup...

another beautiful fall day in new england - 70 and sunny weather predicted for the next several days i think...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 09-28-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Old 09-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Just trying to keep you all guessing! lol

Enjoy yourself at the fair Tony. I used to love the homemade fries they sold at a curb side cart up in Barre, Vermont when I was a kid. They kept a shake bottle of white vinegar on the counter to put on the fries. They were wonderful.

Talk to you all later!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #514
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
hard to believe XIV is almost over.

I will be back on Mon (barring the unforeseen) to launch Blitz XV. So the question to ask is: DID WE LEARN ANYTHING this time? I certainly did! The ice cream experiment failed miserably. I DARE NOT keep any beyond 1 portion in the house. I can control myself with the cheesecake and the low carb bread. AND, just because I have the bread in the house, does not mean I have it every day. It was a learning experience, so I am not upset at myself. I will beg Dr Reddy that I am ready to try Percoset for the pain. Please pray to what ever God(s) you believe that the percoset will work. i have plenty of living to catch up on. Also, I am told that all the $$$ will be in my acct Wed the latest. WE SHALL SEE. Please share what behaviors y'all are working on. I hope I will be very close to 299 , but I am not betting on actually being there yet. I have not lost another inch, since the original 7 previously mentioned. It takes months for me to lose even 1" on the waist. So long as something positive happens, that is fine. I WILL stay on ATKINS PHASE I, until I get below 250 lbs. I MAY also do a low carb version at WW, as they now have free registration. After all, they have the scale!!! See y'all on Mon. FF
Old 09-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/261.6/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
I will be back on Mon (barring the unforeseen) to launch Blitz XV. So the question to ask is: DID WE LEARN ANYTHING this time? I certainly did! The ice cream experiment failed miserably. I DARE NOT keep any beyond 1 portion in the house. I can control myself with the cheesecake and the low carb bread. AND, just because I have the bread in the house, does not mean I have it every day. It was a learning experience, so I am not upset at myself. I will beg Dr Reddy that I am ready to try Percoset for the pain. Please pray to what ever God(s) you believe that the percoset will work. i have plenty of living to catch up on. Also, I am told that all the $$$ will be in my acct Wed the latest. WE SHALL SEE. Please share what behaviors y'all are working on. I hope I will be very close to 299 , but I am not betting on actually being there yet. I have not lost another inch, since the original 7 previously mentioned. It takes months for me to lose even 1" on the waist. So long as something positive happens, that is fine. I WILL stay on ATKINS PHASE I, until I get below 250 lbs. I MAY also do a low carb version at WW, as they now have free registration. After all, they have the scale!!! See y'all on Mon. FF
FF I so hope you get the Percoset and it works and finally get your money.

This month I learned the following: if I want real change, I have to break bad habits. I have stopped getting the large ice teas with either cranberry or strawberry added. I am trying to stop celebrating with food. I have learned that mental stagnation leads to me being unsatisfied with my WOE. I have to paint, get out of the house, do something other than surfing the web endlessly. I am trying to make my WOE permanent.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good for you, ff and bec, it sounds like you are made giant leaps in recent weeks and months!...

ff, so good to see you - i miss you, although i am now lord of the harem...haha!...haven't been able to get these girls to feed me grapes yet - they say they are too carby...when i say i want strippers, they feed me bacon...yeesh!

had a few cubes of cantaloup for b-fast and a few slices of roast chicken for lunch...the fair fries are still looming later in the day...

just about finished with a song that i started with a new co-writer when i was in nashvegas...as a rule, co-writers don't usually work on songs when they are apart but he liked my lyrics and asked me to try to come up with something and send it to him...the basic idea was his to write a young person's song about a hot girl...it actually came out pretty cool - better than i thought it would...i'm gonna sleep on it and see how i feel about it in the morning and then maybe send it to him...

gonna meet emmy and sal at the fair...my two older boys have stopped in for the afternoon - not sure if either of them will join us...have a great day all!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

FF, good thoughts to you that you will get some pain medicine that will work. If you get your pension on Wed. we hope your first purchase will be a computer! We miss your daily amusing posts.

I learned that if I eat food with no seasonings I can lose a pound a day. I just couldn't live without my coffee with cream and then that got me back in to regular food again. Mainly low carb but too much of it.

Did another recipe experiment today. Took slices of egg plant, dipped them in egg, and then breaded them with crushed "PORK RINDS" Tony, lol. I fried them in coconut oil and then put a little pizza sauce on them, some cooked ground beef, mushrooms and mozzarella. They weren't bad.

I'll check back later.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:58 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Blitzers!

Busy day today. Besides Church, breakfast at the Backside, we are having our annual Church picnic and a friend it having an open house at their brand new place. I am bringing them a bottle of wine wrapped in orange tissue paper with a poem attached I found on line.

Every house where love abides
and friendship is a guest.
is surely home, and home sweet home
for there the heart can rest. Henry Van D

I have a little maple leaf punch and punched out afew leaves to put around the poem - very fall like.

Speaking of fall, our first year back from Alabama in 2007 after more than 30 years down there the foliage was fantastic. It has not been that pretty since then, but this year it looks like it will be another beautiful year going by the few trees that have made the change so far. There is one not far from here that is a fiery red already. Gorgeous!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-29-2013 at 02:59 AM..
Old 09-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, abs, i didn't remember that you lived in alabama for 30 years...have fun today - sounds like it will be a great day! :-) the early foliage is beautiful here too...not too much change around my house, but quite a bit in our area...

have ribeyes for the grill tonight - i think at least one of my older boys will be here...it is the series finale of "breaking bad" tonight so we will be glued to the tv at 9...

hope everyone has an awesome day!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, we lived in Huntsville, just down the road from Nashville for most of that time. When I worked for the corrugated company as a sales correspondent some of my customers were in Nashville. One of them was Northern Telecom. the last 10 years we were down in Gulf Shores where I worked for two resorts.

How was the fair in Deerfield?

Bec, are you doing some painting this weekend? Keeping busy is definitely the best way to keep our minds off food!

The open house was terrific! I felt like I was walking right into an HGTV show! Their original house on the property burned to the ground a couple of years ago due to a faulty fireplace insert installation. Fortunately they got a big insurance settlement for it.

Talk to you all in the morning! Marilee, I may be the one packing your candles tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all. Lazy weekend.

I've been thinking about ff's question - what we learned this Blitz. Honestly, I didn't learn anything - I already know what I need to do to lose the weight. But, after 3 weeks of staying on plan, I re-learned that consistency is the key to success.

Hey Abi! Did I pick good fragrances? I read the descriptions and did my best. I hope you pack them. They are going to my work address in Phoenix.

I'm glad you had a great time at the open house. It sounded like it was lovely. I love Fall...it's my favorite season - I think I've shared that before.

Tony, I'll be sitting by the TV tonight watching the season opener of "Revenge". Can't wait!

Hi Bec! Hi Mimsey!

TTYL

Marilee

Last edited by Gibby; 09-29-2013 at 01:26 PM..
Old 09-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey marilee, have you checked out cbs sunday morning yet?...i think you'll really enjoy it...

abs, do you get to see who the candles are going to?...it would be cute if you packed marilee's order...slip some mangled packing peanuts in her box for me :-)

still none of the kids here so not sure how many steaks to make...hmmm...i will wait a while longer...

hope everyone is doing well!

oops, what did i learn during this blitz?...well, i found some motivation i hadn't seen in awhile, and developed a new plan that i think will work even if it's not a quick-results sort of plan...and i learned marilee is as nice in real life as she is in this forum, and that abi can stay up after 6 p.m. and that bec is alive and such a nice girl and ff can spend $52,345 on computer maintenance and still not have a computer...
Old 09-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, the fair was a lot of fun...i allowed myself to eat whatever i wanted and i had some fries and a cheeseburger, some beef jerky and a fresh-squeezed lemonade with just a little sugar...didn't overdo any of it, but i enjoyed each choice...

there is so much to see at that fair - it's huge and there had to be many many thousands of people there...even so, the lines were manageable and the traffic moved well both arriving and leaving...

lots of fun! :-)
Old 09-30-2013, 02:39 AM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Mimsy, hope you are still doing well on Atkins!

Marilee, the people picking the orders off the shelf roll them into our room for packing. The internet orders are usually filled after lunch and it is a first come first serve who does what order. I am going to keep my eye out for a two candle order and see if I can fill it! And Tony, I am not going to put any mangled peanuts in Marilee's order!! lol I love both of the scents you picked too!

Tony, glad you had fun at the fair and the traffic was not bad. Some of our people have been working at the candle booth at The Big E and traffic has been pretty bad.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

I love fairs! I haven't been to one in ages and I couldn't do all of that walking now. When I go to the fair I always get Indian fry break with refried beans, cheese and hot sauce. YUMMMY!!!!!

Good news - I was hoping for more, but I did lose a pound last week, officially. So that is a total of 8.6 this Blitz. Not too shabby for not making weight loss a goal this time.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I saw your order getting packed this afternoon! I was so excited. Unfortunately someone else got to it first. It's almost like you dropped by for a visit!

Good going on the 8.6 lost this blitz!!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got the notice from the shipping company that it was on its way!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #528
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mimsey
Stats: 219/219/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/1/2014
Thank you all so much for the welcomes!

I have not stayed on plan all weekend, and we are invited to a friend's house to watch the game tonight so I know I will be off plan. But tomorrow is a new day and a new BLITZ!

Gibby - I am crazy cat lady too! Mimsey is one of my cats' nicknames. I refuse to believe you are turning 65 unless your pic is 10 years old!!

Abigale - I love you name! No path laid out, I just plan to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes or so to start and increase from there.

Have to get going. I will be back and raring to go tomorrow!

Goon night all.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Mimsey. I think that picture is about 2 years old when I was a young 63.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
ff called me this morning and asked me to start the new blitz...i have spent an hour trying to remember/figure out how to do it and i'm lost...can someone else please start the new blitz and post a link?...sorry i am so dense when it comes to this site...love y'all
tony
Old 10-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I have never started a thread and just looked around trying to find out how to start one with no luck.

Mimsey, I like my name too because it really is the name of my youngest grandchild. When I started on here several years ago they said someone already was using my real name. I know, you are all in shock!

Running late, will check back after work. Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

omg, i'm in shock!!!...do i have to start guessing names now? :-)
Old 10-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i've started threads before but it took some time to figure it out then too...they certainly could make it much easier...ff is gonna be disappointed in me :-)

lots of work to do today and tomorrow for the building and for class tomorrow night...have to get to the gym...and emmy is coming home later after her doc's appt...see y'all later on...
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did it, but I don't know how to post it here so you call can go to it.

It's just titled BLITZ

Last edited by Gibby; 10-01-2013 at 07:38 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BLITZ XV OCT1 THRU DEC 31, 2013

mimito started a blitz titled Blitz XV with our dates, at the link above...
Closed Thread