Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Running short on time this morning. Review went well and raise wasn't too bad considering I won't actually have my one year anniversary until Dec. 28th when they hired me on. So raise was prorated.

Not so cold this morning 44 degrees.

I made some more almond thins today but didn't roll out all the dough. made little balls and flattened with my baking soda can. It was one of the suggestions on that site. They came out a little too thick but still good. Much quicker to make that way too. Just need to find something that will squish them a tad thinner.

Have a great day all!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Running short on time at 2:46 a.m.?...or was it 3:46 cuz I'm on central time?...what are you doing now at either hour?...milking cows???...haha!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/261.6/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
Hi Y'all,
I'm doing good, Thursday will be 2 weeks on plan. I had weight spike due to hormones. I'm 3 days in to working 7 days in row. I hate this part of my schedual. Anyway I'm trucking along.

Abi,
If I paint something that looks good to me I'll post pictures. I threw all my old paintings away because I just didn't like them.

Last edited by BecBelle; 09-18-2013 at 07:38 AM..
Old 09-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no, bec!...don't ever throw art away!...I've never seen a painting I didn't like because they are each a reflection of a human heart and mind...and they can never be exactly recreated even by you, and no one else can create what you have created...please treasure every piece of art you add to the universe...

Congrats on two weeks on plan - that is awesome!!!...

Today, so far:
B: Greek yogurt with blueberries
L: two baked chicken thighs
D: ?

Good writing session today - I worked with a really nice guy...got partway through a song that has some cool stuff in it...we shall see where it goes!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 09-18-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Old 09-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Bec, I agree with Tony! Don't throw your art work away. What you are not happy with someone else might just love it! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Keep up the good work with sticking to your plan. Don't get overtired working all those days in a row!

Tony, I think my clock said 5:40 when I was running out of time. Somehow my computer and my real time don't want to jive.

One of my supervisors who has an allergy to wheat tasted an almond thin and asked if I could make them thicker and make them more like a cookie. So I made two variations for him to try today. One was almond meal with swerve confectionary sugar in it and splenda and cinnamon sprinkled on top and the other I put the swerve and some cocoa in it and sprinkled splenda on top. I made them thicker so they have a soft texture instead of crispy. We'll see what he thinks

Need to finish getting ready for work. Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abs, good thing you made those for your supervisor AFTER your review!...haha...just teasing...

The prospective yoga studio tenant is making a pretty good case for being a bit of a pain..after we agreed that we would wait to meet with both her contractors til next week so I wouldn't have to run up there from the airport tonight to meet one and then meet the other next week, she texted me at 5 a.m. This morning to ask if I could do just that...when I'm in Nashville, I'm on a different schedule and NOT up at 5 a.m., but of course I responded that I would meet her tonight...Last week, i even told her and her hubby I was looking for a tenant that wouldn't be calling me when I'm in Nashville to tell me they had a lightbulb out...haha!...oh well...

Now I'm up?.gonna try to take a nap as my day just got a bit longer on both ends! ;-)
Old 09-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning, Blitzers! The scale continuest to go down and I am so happy! I feel my hope and resolve coming back stronger each day. I know not to depend on the scale for that - I am getting my inner encouragement from staying on plan not giving in to my cravings. Oddly enough, I haven't had any of those lately. Thank goodness.

Tony, has the yoga instructor signed a contract yet? You may want to think about that one and see what your "heart" is telling you.

Abi, I'm so happy you got a raise! I know that you are a good, dependable worker and deserve it and more!

Hi Bec - no, don't throw away art! I agree with what Tony said.

Got to get to work. I hope ff posts soon.

TTYL

Marilee
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Marilee!...I'm so proud of you!....like we discussed, most of our struggles come from managing what's between our ears rather than the actual weight...those extra lbs. are just a symptom...nice job, kiddo!

I have three different interested parties for the space right now, and I am trying to slow them all down so that they can do their due diligence and I can evaluate each of them...I won't sign anything with any of them until I feel completely comfortable...the yoga lady has done a few things so far that worry me, not the least of which may have been calling the health dept. on her former landlord...of course, he may be an unresponsive jerk and she may have been justified, but in light of some of her other behavior, it makes me wonder...

I am a stickler for things being right at the building, but I don't want my life to become miserable dealing with an OCD tenant...I don't need the rent that badly yet. :-). Lets put it this way, she's not doing herself any favors right now...

in truth, I really don't mind driving out of my way to go to the bldg. rather than home later, but I'm not crazy about her lack of concern for the inefficiencies she is creating in the process...I've been doing his a long time and that's a red flag...most of us don't like inconveniencing others without a very good reason, and she may not possess that filter...

Had a banana for breakfast...will probably have peanuts on the plane for lunch and a late dinner after my meeting...hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #459
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i have 30 minutes on this library terminal,

of which i blew 15 trying to get logged on. still on plan. i had pizza twice this week. it is better to go outside to get it, than to have it delivered.. when it was delivered, the onions were raw. of course, i had not one molecule of crust. yesterday, i was at the VESUVIUS pizza place. and got 2 slices with xtra cheese and meatballs, and inundated it with garlic, oregano, and pepperoncino (hot pepper flakes). any of you blitzing HEWMONS WANT TO KISS ME? I WASHED IT DOWN WITH A CAN OF DIET COKE. the pizza guy said 'doing low carb, are you?" i am not the only crustless being. the pension benefit check was allegedly mailed on 9/11/13. but no check yet. i am supposed to inform them tomorrow if it is not received by tomorrow at this time. if i do receive it, and after the check clears, i am getting the diner's largest steak-a 28 oz porterhouse (pre-cooked weight)dinner for about $30.00. obviously, it will not be like Peter Luger, but i cannot afford a real steakhouse. i look forward to the day when i am physically able to do my own cooking. as soon as the check does clear, i will be able to afford the $40.00 round trip to the doctor. i have run out of cash. my ss benefit covers rent, and utilities (but not cable). btw, thanks Gibby for the call. it came at the right time. y'all can see how important staying on program is for me. i think tonight i will have fish, either salmon, bluefish, or rainbow trout. because fish is not filling, i will not even try to divide it into 2 portions. i think the metformin's appetite supressing properties are not as strong as it used to be. my appetite is returning. so, i am drinking more liquids, and eating my dinner later than before. I hope to get back sometime next week. FF
Old 09-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea ff! So good to hear from you - I'll kiss you anytime

What is up with the check?! I sure hope that situation gets resolved quickly.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HURRAY FOR ME!!!!

Gourmet cupcakes in the breakroom and I didn't have one - neener, neener, neener!!!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Marilee!...you are doing great!

Still at the bldg with the yoga lady and her contractor...what a day!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Ha ha Tony, the supervisor said they needed more sugar. Of course I had used fake suger which can never quite give you the expected results.

Marilee, thanks for the nice comments about me getting a raise. I am so happy that you are continuing to see the number on the scale go down. Every time I look at your furry broccoli critter it makes me smile and laugh. Just those big dark eyes. So cute!

Tony, did you end up renting to the yoga lady? I hope over time she does not bug you too much. Boy, that was a long day for you yesterday! Was talking to a country music fan I work with yesterday and mentioned your award winning song "Wishing He was You". She said she wanted to hear it so I will send her a link.

FF, we were thrilled to hear from you yesterday. Don't you agree that eating just the tops off pizza is just about as satisfying? Still can't believe you do not have that pension check yet!!! You sure deserve the biggest steak you can manage when you get it!!

After having lessons on running one of our machines afew weeks ago we got too busy and I was back just doing my regular jobs. Yesterday they had me go back off and on during the day and work it again. Yikes, I feel like I am starting from scratch! Glad I took alot of notes before. I sure can't rely on my memory. lol

Have a wonderful day Blitzers!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

pretty soon, there will be "abi's candles" on the shelves of gift shops everywhere - unique outtakes from their normal candle lines...haha...

abs, if any of these tenants work out, i think it will be some weeks before anything gets signed - i'm not overly anxious...i think when the yoga lady sees the price tag the contractor gives her for the huge amount of work she wants to do to a space that has just all been redone, coupled with the fact that she wants to pay 1/2 the market rent to start, she may drop out of the race - we'll see...

hope you're friend likes the song - my publisher texted me two weeks ago to tell me he played it for josh turner who really liked it - that was exciting... :-)
Old 09-20-2013, 04:54 AM   #465
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Abi, congrats on the raise.

Tony, it sounds like you are keeping busy and out of trouble.

ff, so good to hear from you. I have never ordered pizza without the crust.

Beci, glad you are still on track. Don't throw away the art.

Gibby, congrats on staying away from the goodies and that the scale is going down.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, can you email me the link to the song, "Wishing he was you"? I'd like to hear it.

Well, it's official - we had the hottest summer on record...I can sure attest to that. Finally, this morning it was under 80 so I opened up the house and got some fresh air. The kitties were so happy to smell the outside.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:41 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, our cats love when the windows are open and they can smell the fresh air. They sit on the window sills and chatter at the birds. lol

I will be making some almond butter bread this weekend. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...er-bread.htmlA A girl I work with is interested in trying it. I got her interested in cheese rounds afew months ago and she is still making them.

Tony, that is neat that Josh Turner liked your song. I will tell her that. If there are too many out takes on the candles they will be giving Abi the boot out the door! lol

Need to start doing some house cleaning but will be back later to check on you all! Have a great Saturday all!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Have you made the Almond Butter Bread before Abi? I didn't like it. I ate it, but won't be making it again.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
just a quick check in as the in-laws and 4 of my 5 kids are here...i just finished my second straight long day of mediation training - yesterday it was 12-8:30 and today it was 8:30 to 5:30...everyone was tired but me - i was buzzing and ready to go longer...it is really very interesting and i seem to be doing pretty well as we are doing quite a bit of role playing...next class is wednesday at 4-8:15

been eating pretty well and hope to get to the gym tomorrow, but with company, i may not get there til monday which will be a week-long layoff...i did exercise twice this week in nashville, but it's not the same...got tons to do this week...

hope everyone is feeling motivated!...

marilee, i will send you a way to listen to the song...a link or an mp3...

hi vicki!

where's bec today?
Old 09-22-2013, 03:28 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Vicki! I have made almond butter bread before. It was ok but pretty dense and alot of calories. But if you want a sandwich or toast and don't want to have any wheat it is ok. I saw one lady had ground her own almonds without the skins and put them in a food processor. She added her own oil until it looked the right consistancy. Her photos of her bread look like white bread.

Tony, we all know you will be perfect for this mediation career. Lucky people that will be getting the benefit of your sensible way of thinking about things and working through problems. We have been getting it for free. lol

Marilee, if you have not deleted past messages from Tony his Myspace link may still be there to his song.

Will be going to the backside for my old usual of scrambled eggs and bacon. Happy Alabama won last night. It was too late for me to stay up.

Have a great Sunday all!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/261.6/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
Good Morning Y'all,
This is the last day of a 7 day stretch at work. I am still doing good on plan. My hormonal stall has ended and the scale has moved down. I have a new low 275.6 this morning. All is good!!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't have Tony's myspace info and Tony, I don't have an M3P....
Old 09-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey marilee, i think you may have heard the song before, but i just PMd you a link...thanks for wanting to listen to it
:-)

thanks for the kind words, abs, i really am enjoying the training and want to become an excellent mediator - i understand it will take some time, but am committed to the process...how were the eggs?...do you ever order some orange juice, toast, home fries?...i usually have a small oj, wheat toast and home fries and only eat 1/2 slice of toast and a few bites of the potatoes...i've gotten really good at leaving almost full plates of leftover carbs...now that i said that, i'm feeling guilty for wasting food!

hey bec!...awesome job on the new low...i'm so proud of you!...what else is new?...

marilee, what's your weekend like?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

where is everyone?...

good day today - mostly just relaxing as i was running around all week...4 days in nashville and two days in class - i needed a do-nothing day...tomorrow a.m. will be the gym and i'm expecting it to hurt a bit :-0

actually, my leg is feeling 100% healed right now...i never even think about my legs these days - what a gift!...abs, how is hubby feeling after being on the antibiotics?...i'm betting he's feeling better...

today:
b: 2 fried eggs
l: salad w evoo and balsamic vinegar
d: chicken wings
Old 09-23-2013, 01:35 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, glad you took time to have a relaxing day and get rejuvenated! DH is still not feeling too good. The antibiotics are working but he still feels alot of pain around incision. He sees the surgeon at Dartmouth on Wed. I think it is wonderful that your legs are having no pain now.

I never order any toast, juice etc. at the backside. Just eggs or eggs and bacon. It does not bother me at all too watch the others eat platefuls of carbs. I have the loaf of almond bread if I want something with a carb texture.

Bec, great you made it through your 7 day work week. Will you have 2 days off in a row now and will the next week be back to 5 days? Good going on the scale dropping to the new low!

Have a great Monday all!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, good for you on not feeling temptation at the backside - you are so strong!...the place i go to breakfast when i go - a great little 50's diner downtown - serves their eggs and bacon combo with home fries and toast and i don't tell them to leave those things off the plate...i probably should, but i guess it makes me feel in control and not deprived to have them in front of me and able to nibble on them and it feels like an accomplishment when i leave almost all of them on the plate...haha!...a few sips of fresh-squeezed o.j. is another thing i have been allowing myself about once a week or so...

i'm sorry the antibiotics havent's had a more dramatic effect...i'm sure it's just a matter of time or adjusting the meds...keep us posted...

lots to do today - a long list starting with the gym...i'll check back later...have a great day all!
Old 09-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys...really busy week at work so I can't chat long.

Tony, I hadn't heard the song. Thanks for sharing - I loved it!

Down 5 pounds this past week for a total of 7.6 since re-start on Monday, 9/2.

Got to run.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm happy you liked the song, marilee and congrats on another 5 lbs!!!!...wow!...you are doing GREAT...i'm so proud of you... :-)
Old 09-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I wish I had the will power the rest of time that I do during backside breakfast. I'm not that strong! lol

Just put a pot roast in the crock pot. DH can keep an eye on it during the day. Need to go put gas in my car as he will use it to drive to Dartmouth tomorrow. I will have to take his truck to work.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, be grateful your hubby's truck isn't this beast i'm driving around...i swear i look down into almost every vehicle on the road!...that didn't sound right...
Closed Thread