Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
let's hear it for mojo!

it is incredible how attitudes can change. i was always apprehensive about bringing certain foods into the house, lest i go overboard-such as that Breyers Carb Control ice cream. In truth, that had happened in the past. Now, I am very serene, and purring like a kitten, just in the knowledge that it is there in the freezer, minding its own business until i am ready for it. From apprehension to serenity over the same exact item. Will wonders never cease! Tomorrow is a day of rest. I would like to get out and sit outside for a few hours. I will wait till the sun is on the other side of the street, so that i sit in the shade. I might even walk with the walker up and down the block. there are benches when the leg gets unbearable. Friday, I will try to get some laundry done. The machines are in the building. I had the rest of the chef salad-well most of it. the lettuce was starting to turn brown, so about 25% needed to be sacrificed. But, i ate all my protein, and the 3 little black olives. This diner also has a turkey/walnut salad-also enough for 2 to 3 portions. I hope I shall be able to cook again before the next blitz begins. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 02:46 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF and Tony, you are giving us all some motivation. I love FF's encouragement to make our plans delicious. Tony, sorry you are on restriction but I bet it does not last more than a day!

I had a one minute muffin for breakfast and have ground beef with a little rotel tomatoes with green chilis and shredded cheddar on top for lunch.

FF, hope you can get out for some fresh air today. Fantastic that your freezer is working well and that you can get your groceries delivered!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:47 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi blitzers!...well, i survived my first curfew night unscathed...i had a small spoonful of peanut butter at 8:55 and was fine...i'll have an hb egg white this morning before hitting the gym...

ff, enjoy being outside today...it's supposed to be nice :-) and congrats on the attitude shift...

abs, how's hubby feeling?...

marilee, get your butt in here! :-)
Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Here's my butt.....

Pulling out of my depression. Three-day weekends are so hard for me. I get very lonely and bored and then depression hits....and then I binge. I need to find away to stop that cycle.

All of the "bad" food is out of the house. I have lc fruits and veggies and good protein in the refrigerator so here we go!

I've started reading more and that seems to help with the depression...too much TV is NOT a good thing.

ff, good for you for staying away from the ice cream. If it was in my freezer, it would be calling me...."Marilee....oh, Marilee....come and eat me....I'm so delicious, creamy and smooth".

Tony, thank you so much for your support. You are always there for us when we need encouragement and some positive re-enforcement. I can't tell you how much it means to me. I almost sent you a personal email, but didn't want to impose.

Abi, girl, you are amazing! You manage to stay on plan, or get back on plan quickly, without faltering. I love the hamburger with rotel with green chili and cheese - one of my favorites. Anything spicy and flavorful is ok with me.

Thanks for bearing with me, my friends.

TTFN

Marilee
Old 09-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #365

Dr. Atkins talked about this in his 1st book.

If there is no other choice than to give in to your feelings, have plenty of zero to very low carb "binge" snacks on hand such as chicken parts, and hard boiled eggs. Wash it down with a large mug of herbal tea, or some low sodium chicken soup(no noodles). salt retains water. And, by the Gods, eat it very slowly, please. FF
Old 09-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #366

i think it is the metformin which is giving me

appetite control. if so, i am most grateful. FF
Old 09-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey marilee, so good to see you feeling better...i think we all face depression at times and we can be afraid we are gonna drag others down if we share, but i don't feel that way with you guys and i hope you won't feel that way with me...i let it all hang out here and it helps me SOOOOOO much...so, please do the same :-)

and i hope you won't ever worry about imposing...if any of you don't have it and want it, you are all welcome to my phone number and e-mail...please call or e-mail me ANYTIME...i love you guys!

the good news is that i hit 229.8 today so the curfew is off...now, i have to be below that number next wednesday or i re-impose the curfew plus restriction #2 (no bread or pasta)...

had a great workout at the gym today and feel strong!...let's rock this, kids!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 09-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Had trouble getting on the site this morning so am short on time.

Glad you are off restriction Tony!

Marilee, that mixture with the rotel was very satisfying for lunch. I have it again today with a dollop of sour cream.

FF, speaking of eggs, a girl I work with sent me a pinterest photo of a thin slice of ham in a muffin cup with an egg cracked in it. She said to bake it at 375 for 20 minutes. Boy, did it look good! And you all know I don't like eggs. lol

Have to go clean the cat box so have a great day all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg egg in ham cup.jpg (22.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, that looks yummy! :-)
Old 09-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #370

it DOES LOOK YUMMY!

i am more of a sausage and egg troll. also, let me re-iterate what Tony said. no one is ever imposing..that is what we are here for. i am dressed, and ready to get some fresh air. later tonight, for those of you with clear skies, will be able to see a NASA unmanned moon probe, if u look to the SE sky. i forgot what time though. i will check it out a little later. it is being launched from VA, not from Canaveral. ice cream still untouched. i had a very large portion of broiled BLUEfish(yes, it was on suicide watch). I thought i could get away with 1/2 the portion, and save the rest for late that evening or today. However, just as I was about to bring part 2 to the fridge, i sat down and ate the other 1/2. Fish is not really filling, compared to the same size of beef, chicken, or pork. I had some cooked escarole with it. Today, i will have a bacon cheeseburger to accompany the other cooked escarole portion. also i still have the salad which will augment some solid white tuna. but, i am waiting till tomorrow when i get my lc bread. The exterminator used to come every 2 weeks. now it is once a month. i will have to put up with the flies till next FLYday. FF
Old 09-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, you got me going....it's "DOLLOP" time again

I want to push for our conference call...even if it's just the four of us. I would so love to hear your voices and talk with everyone. I think it would be wonderful.

If anyone would like my phone number, send me a PM and I'll give it to you. I would love to visit with everyone!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #372

sounds like a great idea, gibby.

all i have is a cell phone. even if i had conference capability, i would not know how to manage it. but we will exchange phone #s anyway. assuming my computer does not double cross me, i will sent a pm this evening. i am going outside in a few hours for a few hours for some fresh air. i had a large cup of noodle free chicken soup & only 1 breadless bacon cheeseburger/w onion and tomato. it was enough. i have not made up my mind about dinner. i might get a scoop of chicken salad for tomorrow, and tuna salad for tonight with yesterday's salad from the bluefish dinner. yes, that sounds right. i AM going to use a tblspn of the vanilla carb control ice cream in place of the hwcfor my black coffee. the whipped cream is for the jello and future lc desserts. Tony, glad you are happy with your weigh-in. If it is any consolation, you are almost 100 lbs less than me, and i believe you are taller than me, too. FF
Old 09-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi everyone!...great to see you all...

i can set up a conference call whenever we can co-ordinate a time when we are all available...i think it would be great...you all would simply call a toll-free number and enter a conference code and you will be added to the "room" with anyone else who has already logged in...i have an account, so it wouldn't cost any of you anything and i am happy to host it :-) i know we said saturdays seemed like the best day...i have to retrieve the numbers and codes but that's no big deal...let me know what saturday works and what time is best - i know we have three eastern time zone folks and marilee is three hours earlier, i think...is that right, marilee?...

i could do it tomorrow if you guys want, or any other day...let me know...

ff, thanks for trying to console me, but i don't take any solace in comparing myself to anyone - certainly not my friends! :-) we are all just trying to get to a weight where we feel good and are healthier...i know we are gonna get there together...congrats on staying away from the ice cream - the ff of a few years ago could never have done that and the tony of today isn't too good at it either!

hey, i forget, was i the dollop guy or did i steal that from you, marilee?...

weird day today - was out all day and never ate until about 6 p.m...made fajitas and had 1/2 tortilla and some refried beans and a couple small spoons of mexican rice...more carbs than i usually eat, but i didn't eat much...even so, i am stuffed...

hope everyone has a great friday night!...i will check back to see if we get any response on the conf call...
Old 09-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hate to admit it, but I'm the dollop gal....you stole it from me

Tomorrow works for me for a conference call. Right now we are on California time. AZ doesn't do the daylight savings jazzing around (why in the world do we need to save daylight?) so we are Pacific in the summer and Mountain in the winter.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #375

i fell asleep last night

never made it outside. i had a large order of ribs w/o bbq sauce of course before that. the breyers carb control changed their labeling. it is, per 1/2 cup (1 average scoop or 4 fl oz)13 gr total, 4 gr fiber, 5 gr sugar alchohols, leaving 4 gr sugars net. however, who said i HAVE to have the suggested portion size? i had 2 oz of the choc in a big glass of dr browns diet black cherry. YUMMO. Tomorrow, I will pick up the lc bread and lc pistachio ice cream/gelato.These lc foods are tools, important tools of the plan. they will protect me against temptation. they are NOT substitutes for real food, protein, fat, veggies etc. Mon or Tues is dr. day. Enjoy the weekend, HEWMONS! FF
Old 09-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, sounds like you have things well under control...i'm proud of you...good luck at the docs!

where's abi this morning?...i'm betting a computer malfunction...

it's 2:30 and i've eaten 2 strawberries today - that's it...they were delicious though!....bought a plow truck today - a 2008 ford with 104,000 miles...nice truck...i pick it up on monday...now i have to sell the three older trucks it is replacing :-)

hope everyone is having an awesome day!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi all, just a quick pop-in. Nothing to report really. Just hanging in there.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #378

yesterday, i was hungry as a horse.

today...not yet. waiting for sundown. i am an orthodox eclectic. today is the 3rd day of the new Jewish year. it is also a fast day for that small % who know about it, and observe it. it is called the FAST OF GEDALIAH. Gedaliah was a governor of Judaea appointed by King Nebuchadnezzar.A small faction of Judaeans assassinated him, believing Gedaliah to be a quisling. However, the prophet Jeremiah approved of Mr. G. As it happens, my (earth)grandpa gave me that name...so... I will break the fast after sundown. I am leaning towards pork chops, but the jury is still deliberating. So looking forward to THE BAKERY tomorrow. FF
Old 09-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff - pork chops?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

quiet day...

marilee, you are a hoot...

happy new year, ff...
Old 09-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year FF! Enjoy the bakery today!

I was semi fasting yesterday for peace in Syria.

Enjoying my coffee with cream right now and looking forward to scrambled eggs and bacon at the backside this morning.

Printed a recipe for wraps yesterday which I may try later on. It is mixture of eggs, olive oil, coconut flour and water. It would be great to have something to put tuna salad etc. in. I will let you know how they come out.

I also have a cracker recipe I want to try,
Almond Thins

Will check back later and see how everyone is doing. Have a great Sunday Blitzers!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!

BOLT omelet this morning. Bacon, onion, lettuce and tomato. Yum. Even though i am allowing myself to eat whatever, I am gravitating towards LC anyways. The difference, I don't get down on myself if I eat what i want.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, your BOLT omlet sounds wonderful and your plan sounds good too.

I tried making the wraps. It was supposed to make 4 but only one looks usable. I have not tried to fill it yet. I made such a mess of the kitchen I didn't have any oomph left after the cooking and cleaning. I may put something together a little later and give you all my critique.

Talk to you all later!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
got a call from ff today...he's doing fine on all counts - seeing the doc on tuesday and his diet is on track, in fact he needs to buy new smaller sized clothes...that's the good news...the bad news is that his computer died again and he decided to let his computer guy (you know who) keep it rather than spend $350 to fix it...and then he canceled his internet service, so he will have to use the brooklyn public library computer, which he says he should be able to do a couple of times a month...

so, we are not gonna see much of our leader for the foreseeable future...he did tell me that if anyone wants to call him, he'd love to hear from you and if you want it and don't have it, you can pm me and i will get his number to you...

vicki, good to see you...happy you are at peace with food...that's the best way to be :-)

okay abs, how were the pancakes at the backside this morning?...semi-fasting, huh?...you are a sweetie to do that...

marilee and vicki, i hope you gals will keep posting, cuz otherwise this is gonna be the abi and tony show again!...

good day today - great workout at the gym and ate on plan...wednesday's weigh-in must be at or below 229.6 or i get a curfew and no bread or pasta until i do get below it...if i lose .2 lbs per week, i will hit my goal weight on my 114th birthday... :-)

it was nice here today also because my three boys were here all day and night until a few minutes ago :-)

supposed to pick up my truck tomorrow...i will keep you posted!...

Last edited by tony8; 09-08-2013 at 08:05 PM..
Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

I am so sad we can't expect to hear from FF more than 2 times a month. Maybe if he EVER starts getting his pension he can buy himself a laptop.

Waitress at the backside seems relieved that I am back ordering my old usual. lol

The wrap was not good enough to bother making again but I did come across another recipe that might work. I just need to pick up some more almond meal. I did make some cookie bars that were pretty good though. Don't even want to figure out the carbs and calories yet.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...okie-bars.html

Have a hamburg with rotel and some cheese plus the famous dollop of sour cream for lunch and two cookie bars for snacks.

Tony, are you getting the truck with the plow for your drive only or are you going to get into one more business endeavor. I will give you my address if you start branching out. I am already dreading shoveling.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, i wish we lived closer - you'd never have to shovel again...i have three old plow trucks at the building, and although i hire a contractor to plow the planet fitness area of the lot, we plow the area in the back of the building which we are using...except for one, the old trucks really can't do what i need them to anymore, so i am selling two of them cheap and replacing them with this truck as a backup to the one old truck i will keep...so i will plow occasionally at the building and use it for landscaping over there, towing, etc...

also, my own personal truck is 17 years old and the body is rotting - i can't get a body shop to fix it, and i don't have time to do it myself, so i will sell that cheap to someone willing to fix the rot...the engine, transmission and frame are all solid - i drive it almost every day, but it won't pass inspection in march...so this 'new" truck will be my personal use truck as well...so this one truck will replace three others ;-)

btw, now that my older boys are out of the house, i will plow my driveway and help my neighbors too...

i'm hoping ff misses us enough to buy a computer too - i think he is supposed to get his pension friday...

the truck won't be ready til tomorrow so i will add that to a lot of running around!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi and Tony show, now that would be something to see. LOL. The new therapist I started going to in June weekly until recently and the weekly group sessions has seemed to help me get my head straight, thank goodness. I had a session with her today and she says I have made great progress towards my 2 goals when starting my therapy with her. I can now go monthly. Yahoo, I "graduated" ha Ha.

I have also started going to church and found one I like. I had a Sunday morning aa meeting that I went to and felt obligated, in a way, to continue. When my sponsor died about a month ago, I began to rethink AA. Not that I am not an alcoholic, but I am looking for something different and wanted to get back to church and fellowship there. I feel that my AA path has led me to my God ( I hope me talking about this doesn't offend anyone, if it does, oh well ha ha ). Anyways, I will still go to an aa meeting now and then but am looking forward to the church group stuff again.

I continue to exercise 5-6 times a week and am continuing to get a better handle on the food. At least not beating myself up about it.

We were 101 today, broke records and the crops here are in bad shape. I am grateful that I am not a farmer, i can't imagine how stressful that would be. having to rely on mother nature.

Well, off to bed. I had a friend for supper and she went home about half an hour ago. DH was at a meeting, so I was able to have girl time.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey vicki, great post!...i don't think anyone here would be offended by anything you share with us...i may be the only non-religious person in the group, but i completely respect what everyone else believes...i have no answers and do not feel that my perspective is any more informed than anyone else's...i'm happy you have found a church and congregation where you feel support and guidance...

congrats on graduating to once a month sessions - that's awesome...not beating yourself up is a huge accomplishment and makes the journey a LOT easier...good for you...

tomorrow night and thursday night, i have been invited to two nashville songwriting events happening in boston and i will try to attend both...one is a private-ish event at the home of a big-wig in the boston music community, so that should be pretty cool...the other is at a club and will feature 4 hit writers - one of whom i have studied with in the past...

looking foward to picking up my truck tomorrow - i haven't changed personal vehicles in over ten years...my other personal vehicle is a 99 saab convertible which is so much fun to drive but has to be towed out of my driveway this week as it won't start... :-(

have a great night, kids - and yes, that means you marilee!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm late checking in. Was home under the weather today. And speaking of under the weather, we got some great rain today. In fact areas of Phoenix had major flooding. The two roads I usually take home both were flooded under the freeway under pass and couldn't be gone through - a couple of people tried and now have totaled vehicles due to being stuck and flooded.

I didn't get that much rain in my area, but we got a lot.

I'm so sorry ff can't be in touch much. We exchanged phone numbers last week so I may just give him a call.

Well, it's only 8:30, but I'm going to sign off for the day.

Oh, good news - I dropped 4 pounds since last Monday. YEA
Old 09-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, you sound so good. Happy you are having such success with therapy and also have found a church you are happy with. Sorry about the terrible heat out there and the damage to the crops.

Marilee, good thing you didn't go to work. Those poor people getting their cars flooded. When the weather is bad all we can think of is to just get home. I have damaged my car before trying to get down streets that were not plowed.

Tony, I can't sing or dance so it might have to be just "The Tony Show"

Free meal today is pizza so I packed a salad and will eat the tops off two slices.

Closed Thread