Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Awww, Tony, thanks for the compliments.

ff, what a way to treat yourself, pure indulgence.

Abi, yes, I am still teaching nursing.

We are in the triple digits today and we are expected to get a break around Sunday. Nothing is planned particularly for this weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/229.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Went out for Mexican food with Sarah before her shift and will see her in the a.m....I miss my little girl...

Happy Labor Day weekend!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:08 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, I wish it were the old days when the families always stayed in the same area they grew up in. I miss my little girl too! Have a safe trip back to Cowhampshire!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Amen, abi!...I wish that too....Sarah is talking about buying a house and when I asked her if she'd buy one here or back home, she said she hadn't decided yet...I guess there is hope!...but it's her life and her mom and I will only be around for part of it, so she should choose to live where she thinks she will be happiest...ugh!...haha!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Sitting at Nashville airport and my flight is delayed about 30 ninutes which will put my connecting flight from Baltimore to Manchester in jeopardy...I hope I make it cuz the next flight is about 4 hours later IF they even have room...I'd rather just stay here another day, but I really don't want to be stranded in Baltimore...I'm the kind of person who would rent a car and drive 10 hours home!...haha!

I will head to the gym in the morning and then weigh in, just to know my starting point...official weigh in will be on Wednesdays I think, and I will try a moderate, no restriction plan with the stipulation that I will impose a restriction on any weds that I do not show a loss over the previous week and the restriction will stay in place until I reach a new low...then on any weds that I have not hit a new low, I will impose an additional restriction..I have to come up with my list of restrictions...I like this idea, as it requires self-discipline and allows for redemption if I slip up...I'm hoping it will keep me motivated to stay on the straight and narrow...

I really need to get below 210 as soon as possible and then make my assault on 1derland...I feel fat!

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?...I hear it will be raining at home for the next few days...I can still swim!...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 08-31-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Old 08-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a good plan Tony. Sorry your flight was delayed and hope you catch your connecting flight in Baltimore!

I just finished one of those knitted lambs that I felt or shrink up in the washer after it is knitted. It was for a little girl in Huntsville, Alabama for Easter. lol I'm a little late but she didn't know I was knitting it for her so it will be a big surprise.

I am not sorry about the rain and I bet FF isn't either. Keeps it cooler. We had a big thunderstorm last night and I heard Marilee that you had alot of lightning down in your area last night too. Hope it cooled it off for you too.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

No plans here, too hot. But, there will be a break Monday I think.

I miss my two oldest kids. I am feeling lonely today for some reason. One of those voids where only girlfriends could fill. I love my husband, but he can only do so much. This summer, I made it a point to see three of my HS friends who live in the area. It just seems like I am always the one to set up the plans, that gets old after a while. So, I try and fill my time with other stuff.

My AA sponsor of 7 years died a couple weeks ago after a pretty short bout with liver cancer. She had breast cancer 5 years ago or so and had the mastectomy, chemo and radiation. She didn't want to do all of that again and was trying alternative tonic and treatment from Tijuana. Needless to say, cancer beat her down.

Her celebration of life was a week ago Friday. Maybe I am just feeling some grieving from that, but I doubt it. I am questioning whether to continue with AA. Not that I want to drink or anything, but I am ready for some kind of change. I just don't know what. I am going to a church service tomorrow. I miss attending a church since going to AA meeting on Sundays. My husband is a Lutheran and since I wasn't brought up that way, I don't like their services. Too much reading and response. Besides, I feel like I am getting a history lesson and not a spiritual lesson and how I can fit Bible teachings into my everyday life. Sorry if I offended anyone who is Lutheran.

Well, how about that. You haven't heard that much from me in a long time LOL
Old 08-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #338
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i am sweating just thinking that anywhere is triple digits.

i have warm feelings about Baltimore. I hope u make your connections, Tony, but Baltimore is not the worst town in which to be stranded. Tues, I shall be the proud Papa of a new Hotpoint (should it not be Coldpoint?)fridge. I will try to get Shoprite to deliver a king's ransom in seltzer, diet cream soda, diet black cherry, and of course Faygo diet choc soda. I will have to take car svc to THE BAKERY (and back)for some lc cheesecake, bread, and pistachio gelato. In certain respects, I cannot be too hard on myself for all the bad food choices I made. I really enjoyed eating those things. They were compensation for the awful pain I endured, and still endure. Nor, can I be judgemental of others who have done the same. However, the satisfaction and joy I feel for staying on plan these past few weeks is an even greater source of satisfaction and joy. I look forward to better times to come. FF
Old 08-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Vicki, that was an awesome post!....you've been through a lot and sometimes we need to just be kind and understanding to ourselves...Im sure you are grieving for your sponsor - that is an important relationship - but we are so much a function of our brain chemistry and hormones that I'm sure your feelings of sadness are complex...forcing yourself to be around other, positive people can be a big help...even if its hard to get motivated to make those gatherings happen, I think they are good for you, especially right now...and we are always here too..

AA is a necessity for most folks in recovery, but you know what you need, so you have to make that call..my only advice would be to stay connected with it so you can start meetings the moment you feel the need...

Ff, very wise words and congrats on the new fridge...did you see the doc today?....what's the deal with the leg?...

Abs, that little girl will love her lamb - how sweet of you!

Made my connecting flight - barely...they held the plane for those of us coming from Nashville...Emmy and her hubby and his little sister came for dinner tonight and Vincent was here so it was a nice homecoming...made baby back ribs and steak tips on the grill
Old 08-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #340

2 hrs and 27 min into sept, and totally awake.

unlike Mick Jagger, Time is not on my side. I will not be at Dr until next Sat. must be at home Mon/Tue for fridge and exterminator. Wed is bank/haberdashery day. Thurs/Fri is Rosh Hashanah. So, Sat rain or shine is Dr. day. Mon is Sept 2, the anniversary of the Battle of Actium. My side won. FF
Old 09-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, so sorry that you lost your friend and sponsor. How terrible to have gone through all those treatments for breast cancer only to be hit by liver cancer. Concerning finding a church that will give you some joy, ask your friends about their churches. Ask about their current pastors and if they really like them. We are very fortunate that the one we had for the last 5 years was very enthusiastic, and the one we got to replace him last month is a very holy passionate man.

FF, I am so excited you are finally getting your new frig and will have it well stocked by the end of the week! Soon the weather will be cool enough for you to do some delicious gourmet cooking and use the wave oven more!

Tony, glad you made your connecting flight. I bet you were doing the oj run through the terminal! Nice to get together for a meal with some of the family.

I will check back later after church and my delicious meal of poached eggs at the Backside.

Last edited by Abigale; 09-01-2013 at 02:55 AM..
Old 09-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #342

i will not be keeping the wave oven.

i will be selling it to my friend for one hundred dollars. takes up too much space. my theme is and will continue to be minimizing and downsizing. i cannot abide clutter anymore. FF
Old 09-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are getting some money back on the wave FF. Terrific you are still getting rid of the clutter. Come to my house when you get through with yours.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

If you want to see a fantastic movie I would recommend The Butler.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

vicki, i want to see that movie...i've heard it's really good...

ff, if i lived closer, i would make sure you git to the doctor earlier in the week, but i know you are a creature of habit so you are gonna do it your way :-)

abs, how do you make a poached egg?...do you just break it in boiling water?...why don't you just fry them in a non-stick pan if you don't want to add any fat or flavor?...do you like 'em poached, better?...

relaxed today...did not hit the gym...no wonder i feel fat - i weighed in at 230 this morning...i am 12 lbs. heavier than i was when i had surgery...of course, some of that weight is muscle gain from 8 months on weight machines at the gym, but i should weigh 40-50 lbs. less than i do!...i have a layer of fat under the muscle that i have to get rid of...if i can get below 215 by the end of the year, that would be about a pound a week and that would seem like a reasonable pace and goal...

so, on wednesday, i have to be below 230 or i will impose a restriction on my woe...

today:
b: skipped
l: steak tip
d: grilled salmon

hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

Last edited by tony8; 09-01-2013 at 07:07 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I ended up shocking our waitress and had my old time favorite of two scrambled eggs and side of bacon. lol At restaurants I have worked at and I think the Backside just crack it into boiling water. My sister in law bought me those little silicon pods that float on boiling water and I grease them up slightly and drop egg in them. Cover for afew minutes and they are done. You could just eat the egg right out of the pod like an egg cup. I don't have a really good non stick pan but you could use a good one to get a similar result.

I am off the no reward for the time being as you can tell. Yesterday I cooked a sort of cheese and ground beef casserole. Cooked a pound of ground beef in a little onion soup mix and then mixed it with cream cheese and some shredded cheddar. Put in a8 x 8 dish and covered with shredded cheddar and baked until cheese melted. Very filling and satisfying. Just had a square for breakfast and am stuffed.

Vicki, I have heard good things about the Butler. Glad you liked it.

Tony, I am also going to work on getting down a pound a week! Good luck to both of us!

Will check back later. Hey FF, cool weather coming this week! Yah!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

I made breakfast burritos this morning using LC tortillas. Yummy breakfast. We are going to take off soon to run errands and so forth and we are planning on eating at one of those Japanese Grills like Hu Hot where you load up all of your stuff and they fast grill it while you wait. I don't add noodles, just veggies and meat, yummy
Old 09-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Love those Japanese grills Vicki. Everything tastes so fresh. Enjoy!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

hey vicki, that does sound yummy...enjoy it!...

abs, you're driving that poor waitress crazy...you have two "the usuals" now...haha!

having a good day...hit the gym and had a great workout...i was exercising while in nashville - doing things like ab crunches, pushups, and running up and down the outdoor stairwells at the apt, so i wouldn't lose ground from missing the gym...i felt absolutely fine today and will do it again on wednesday...i will continue to workout 3-4 days a week...

so far today:
b: 3 cubes of watermelon
l: chicken wings on the grill with evoo, garlic and parmesan
d: probably leftover salmon
Old 09-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, how was the Japanese grill? Yummy I'm sure!

I've enjoyed the 4 days off but am ready to get back into my routine, away from the kitchen and moving around more. lol

Tony, is Wednesday going to be your official weigh in day each week?

I have some of that ground beef/cream cheese/cheddar bake for lunch. Made a one minute muffin for breakfast.

Looking forward to some cooler weather later this week.

FF, is your pain medicine starting to work yet?

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:15 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

hi abs, have fun at the wax museum!...yup, wednesday is my official weigh-in day...if i am not below 230 this wednesday, the first restriction imposed will be a 9 p.m. curfew...

lots of catching up to do at work today, so not much time...hope everyone has a great tuesday - let's all find our mojo and get moving in the right direction!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Hi all....not in a good place. I'm reading your posts but just can add anything right now.

TTFN
Old 09-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

ok, marilee, we're gonna get you in a great place, not just a good place...some of us (ME!) have been struggling a bit lately and we are getting recommitted this fall...at 2 o'clock today we can be in a bad place, and at 2:15, we can decide to be in a good place - we can DO IT!...you have our love and support and we need each other to get where we want to be...stay with us, girl!...

if mf isn't working for you right now, get off it and either find another plan that seems like one you can stick with or develop your own plan...even just eliminating one thing that is kicking your butt is progress...then once you tackle that one, you can eliminate another etc...

you may be expecting too much from yourself and then beating yourself up for not meeting those expectations...we are not all built the same way - we can't all follow a plan that might work for someone else or even one that works for us for awhile...motivation is essential to lose weight and we don't always have it...that doesn't make us bad people, or weak people or doom us to permanent failure...we just need to be kind to ourselves and try not to punish ourselves while we are unmotivated...that only makes things worse and usually leads to more weight gain...WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT...we get it and so we are accepting when it happens to someone else...

you are among friends here, and among family...we love you whether you weigh 350 lbs or 550 lbs or 150 lbs...don't punish yourself with food or by isolating yourself...if you talk about your struggles, and take them out of the shadows where you feel ashamed, i guarantee it will make it easier to make positive changes...trust me on that...

i had to fight that shame to tell you guys that i am up to my highest weight in a few years, but i feel better now that you know, and putting that shame behind me left me free to make progress...tomorrow i will weigh in and i will report the results whether they are good or bad and my new plan has a method to deal with either result...i am trying to make it fun for myself and to challenge myself...do something that will make you feel good and happy...if you aren't motivated to lose, maybe try to get motivated not to gain for now...you can do this!

ok, making it through another decent day:
b: couple tablespoons of lf cottage cheese
l: 2 chicken wings, 3 oz. salmon and some watermelon cubes
d: ?

for example,
Old 09-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #354

i was just about to submit a major post....

and i lost it. basically, it was about maintaining discipline, even through quite stressful (both physical and emotional)times. What makes it possible is enjoying the food i DO eat, and staying in the loop with my Blitzers and LCF friends in all sections of the LCF site. The next pistachio ice cream i eat will be the low carb version. FF
Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

FF, I can't tell you how many posts I have lost. Usually now before I hit pos quick reply I right click and hit copy just in case that is the point that the site kicks me off. I think at this hour of the day they are overly busy. But sometimes I am in the middle of a post and it kicks me off. ugh!

You are really an inspiration the way you are maintaining your discipline. The key is enjoying your food like you say.

Tony, good luck on your weigh in today. Hope you do not have to have a 9pm restriction!

Marilee, it seems like I am in a good place, and then not a good place every other day. Hang in there and keep posting. It is a life saver for me!

Vicki, so glad you are back here with us!

Just had a one minute muffin. I tweeked the recipe I saw on line to make it less carby. One egg, two Tbl of cocoa, one Tbl of butter and one Tbl of torani vanilla syrup. One minute in the microwave. It was ok. Did not put any baking powder in it and it still rose enough for me

Have some more of that ground beef/cheese bake for lunch. Next recipe I will cut way back on the cheese and will add some rotel tomatoes and green chilis to it. Craving something spicy.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

hey guys, haven't weighed yet, but will shortly and report back...i'm hopeful, but not confident :-)

i'm getting to a good place psychologically, which feels good...sometimes all it takes is stringing 2 or 3 good days in a row...each day you add to the string, makes it easier to get through the next day, doesn't it?...

i was planning to hit the gym this morning, but just got a call from a paving guy who wants to meet me at the building, so will reset my workout to tomorrow...

let's all have one good day today and as ff says, not feel deprived!...
Old 09-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #357

the freezer works.

i had a pitcher of plain water, which froze solid-yay!!! I hope it works with the lc ice cream. how is this for a refreshing and ON PLAN DESSERT? 1/2 lc muffin on top of which is a few spoonfuls of lc pistachio gelato, a shpritz or 2 of sugar free Landolakes whipped cream, and zero carb chocolate and or maple flavored syrup? that would be nice to celebrate the birthday of the divine Augustus (Sept 23) and the looked for pension benefit. Going to the bank a little later, and then to the cleaners. i better shave 1st. FF
Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the fridge ff...that dessert sounds wowzer!...

Well, I weighed in at 230.6, so there will be a 9 p.m. Curfew imposed until I hit 229.8...that could be as early as tomorrow or as late as never...the way my plan will work, if I lose the restriction before next Wednesday, but then weigh in higher than 229.6 next Wednesday, I have to re-impose the curfew and add a second restriction until I hit 229.6....I like the motivation this provides me as I have something to work for every day...I can be a strange creature. ;-)
Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #359

just came back from shoprite.

they will deliver the goods. i just took the carb control ice cream and the bag of ice cubes. now we shall see how well the new fridge/icebox works. this weekend, i shall make a pilgrimage to THE BAKERY for the U KNOW WHAT. I am also making arrangements to order a case of FAYGO diet choc soda. Why leave things to chance? Please make your food plans indescribably
delicious so that that Ihere is nary a chance to go off of it.I want us all to have the best blitz possible. It is important to remember that the purpose of these blitzes is NOT #s on the scale, but developing and strengthening habits that will last. What I did these last few months was deliberate. I had not the slightest idea that I could enjoy plan alongside the pain. i regret nothing. i enjoyed the ice cream. now i can have my lc cake and eat it too. FF
Old 09-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

had a good day and just finished dinner (chicken salad with sliced tomato)...i will have a snack before 9 if i get hungry and then that's it...i will be weighing daily to see if i can get below the 230 and get rid of the curfew...

ff, i agree that these blitzes are about a lot more than numbers on the scale...i have developed much better habits hanging around you guys...i have a whole different attitude about food and i am lucky to be able to do as much exercise as i have been doing...

for me, it is very much about how i feel and good, bad or indifferent, for me that is closely correlated to those numbers on the scale...to feel good, i need to be below 210 lbs, and to get rid of this excess fat, i need to get into the 180s...if you look at a height/weight chart, i should probably be in the 150s, but i don't buy into that...i was an athlete and in great shape and weighed between 175 and 195...

i gotta get back there, whatever it takes...i haven't felt this motivated for a long time and i didn't feel this motivated sunday! :-)

let's try to find and hang onto our mojo from now to the holidays and see where we end up...
Closed Thread