Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, you are doing great with the weight loss! Now hope they can find the right medicine for that leg pain.

Having computer problems myself today. It won't let me open my e-mail. ugh

Tony, have a successful trip to Nashville and write a great hit!

Marilee, I'm with you on that fried catfish! Hope you have good results on Monday at your office weigh in. I am trying not to beat myself up too much. I have had 2 good days in a row and am down some today - just still 2 pounds up from my low on Aug. 13th.

I was white knuckling it last night trying to stay away from off plan food. Am cooking up some hard boiled eggs to have on hand to really fill me up if I get that way today.

Have a great Friday blitzers!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abs, you are doing great - being only 2 lbs. above your low is NOTHING!...you can lose that in a couple of days...stay strong - and i like you having the hb eggs around...try drinking a lot of water once you get home from the wax museum...btw, the marina dinner sounded really good...

ff, great to see you back...we miss you!...sometimes those anti-inflammatory drugs have to build up in your system, so this one may still work...keep up the good work and i bet a lot of the health issues get better over time...

i am happy i am fed up with being fat!...this fall is gonna be a good one for me...i have so much going on it will be hard to eat even if i wanted to - which i don't :-) i have enrolled in a mediation certification program and will be attending 48 hours of classes and then an internship this fall...then i have a LOT of work still to do at the building to get the empty space in the lower level ready to rent as well as the parking lot...and i got a call this week from a top nashville publisher who wants me to work as a writer for his company, which is an opportunity one writer in thousands ever gets - i am meeting him on monday to hear the details...i'm trying not to get my hopes up, but am enjoying the feeling of being considered worthy of such an honor...if it works out, i will be doing a lot of running back and forth to nashville...and then my granddaughter will be arriving around christmas...i may be skinny by new years!

got lots to do today to get ready for my trip - CDs to burn, etc...i just finished one new song and am halfway through another - the one i am writing now is kinda sexy...haha!

have a great day kids!...that means YOU, marilee!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 08-23-2013 at 05:36 AM..
Old 08-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Yea, Tony, I'm such a kid! I had to apply for Medicare last week since I turn 65 this year.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:16 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I think you will be an excellent mediation councilor. Best wishes with your training. Fantastic being asked to work for that music publishing company!! We are all excited about your grandaughter coming in Dec. What a great Christmas present!

Marilee, what's good to eat today? Doing anything exciting this weekend?

Feeling sad for Linda Ronstadt. Heard she has Parkinson's Disease and can't sing any more. She is my all time favorite singer.

Yesterday, even though I had done the advance planning with the eggs I could not make myself eat them when I started to get the cravings. So here I am again, up one more pound and resolving to get back at it today.

Will check back later gang. Have a good one!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:29 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Blitzers!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday.

I am still having trouble getting back to no reward eating. Plan to have my 3 poached eggs for breakfast at the Backside and have chicken that needs to get picked off the bones. Hoping for a good day.

Talk to you all later! Have a wonderful day all!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys in Nash and meeting Sarah for breakfast so I gotta run, but wanted to check in...

Abs, if the no reward plan has run its course for now, don't fight it...the goal should be to maintain what you've lost til you are ready to start losing again...the cycle of up and down loves us trying to stick to a plan that no longer works for us and the depression that sets in after we start gaining a bit...don't let that happen...find a moderate, maintenance plan for now and enjoy all the hard work you've done...

Marilee, 90 is old - not 65...you're a kid!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think when we are trying to lose more than a few lbs., the mantra should be "lose and maintain...lose and maintain" as a way of dealing with plateaus...

Great breakfast - it was a steak scramble with onions and peppers...Sarah is now sleeping and ds and I are gonna pick up a tv...see y'all later!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Love your advice as usual Tony. "lose and maintain" it has a nice ring to it. Your steak scramble sounds a whole lot better than the 3 poached eggs I just ate. lol

Got the chicken picked off the bones and ready for a couple of meals for me. Have just put a pot roast and veggies in crock pot for DH.

Marilee, what's happening with you today?

FF, is your computer fixed yet and how is your leg feeling?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds good, abs and there's no reason you can't eat some of the delicious roast you're making...you never overdo it, it's healthy protein and you deserve some rewards for the weight you've lost...during maintenance, it is even more about calories in and calories burned, so you can pick the ways you take in those calories...I'd try to limit the processed sugar and Frankenfoods, but you can eat a great variety of veggies, fruit and meats without taking in too many calories....

its important to realize when you are in a losing phase and when you are in a maintenance phase...there is a big difference between the two and both are necessary for reaching and maintaining a healthy weight....the big mistake is thinking about the maintenance phase as negative or "giving up" in some way...thats wrong-headed to think like that...without mastering the maintenance phase, we are doomed to yo-yo...keep up the good work!

Did some food shopping with Vincent and the apt is full of healthy nutritious fruits and veggies and meat...buddy of mine does bus tours of Nashville and invited v and I to join him today, so we are gonna be fake tourists this afternoon! ;-)

Last edited by tony8; 08-25-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 08-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I bet you and Vincent really enjoyed playing tourists on your bus tour around Nashville. I remember taking my parents, sister and niece up there years ago. My niece was around 12 at the time. We went into one of those walk in recording studios and she made a tape of one of Sylvia's songs. She has a beautiful voice then and now and sounded just like Sylvia. Then we went to a Shoney's near by and there was Merle Haggard. We were thrilled!

I took your advice and had a nice pot roast meal. It was wonderful, but then ate a bunch of carby stuff too. Must get strict again today!!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haha, abs...sorry if my advice led you to carbs...hope you enjoyed the pot roast!...

Lots going on today...I will try to check in later....have a great day, kiddies!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:13 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, how did your meeting go yesterday with the music publisher?

Yesterday went ok eating wise. No carby stuff but mainly regular food. Chicken, salad, more pot roast. I have been craving carby stuff as you all know so I made some cream cheese muffins to satisfy me and not fall off the wagon.http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-muffins.html

Today is free pizza day at work so I am going to eat the tops off two slices. Maybe do a no reward day tomorrow. Time will tell.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abs, the meeting went great...the company won't be set up til October, so it's all under wraps til then, but it will be a great opportunity to be a part of something very cool...everyone involved is top-notch and well respected...just gotta keep writing...

Sounds like you are working out a plan for maintenance...sometimes it can consist of just setting up some simple rules that are not too restrictive, like no eating after a certin time or only banning certain types of food or allowing a short list of snack foods, etc...it can actually be fun sitting down to develop a plan you think will work and one you think you can adhere to...good luck!...

I am exercising and reducing my food intake...I am serious about trying to reach 1derland by the end of the year or at least to be below 210 which is the threshold where I don't feel fat...I have been maintaining pretty well since surgery, but that was over 9 months ago and I'm maintaining an overweight status which is unacceptable to me...it's all about how I feel and I feel too heavy...

I have a headache this morning and I'm not sure why...just dropped Vincent off at the airport - he is flying home today and I will fly back on Saturday...I miss him already, but we had some fun while he was here...now I will fill the rest of my week with music related stuff...with Sarah working 3rd shift, I don't see much of her, although I'm sure we will share a meal or two before I leave...

Hope y'all have a great day!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #314
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i got it back on friday, and 10 minutes later.... it died.

we are both back. no change in leg. i will be back at dr on sat for different pain killer. i will read the posts missed. still on plan. more tomorrow. FF
Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about the leg, ff...

Another good day in Nashville...my eyes are a bit achy and I think it may be allergies...I don't suffer from them normally or for long, but I do have periods of a few days when they bother me...

Busy day tomorrow...hope everyone is doing well!...
Old 08-28-2013, 03:49 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

FF, hope you can get a pain reliever that will work for you on Saturday. Terrific you are still on plan.

Tony, sorry about those allergies. I hate itchy eyes! Great that you are having a good trip!

I forgot that I hadn't posted and have to take the trash down to the street so must rush. Yesterday was not good. Hope for a better day today!

Have a great day all!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, get the bad stuff out of the house and the good stuff in as fast as you can...don't give back those hard-won losses...

Doing well eating here...I am not skipping meals but maybe taking in 200 calories before dinner and no nighttime snacking....starting not to feel as bloated...next week I start weekly weigh-ins and I will impose increased restrictions any week I do not show some loss til the end of the year...I will see how that plan works...
Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi kids....just checking in.

Tony, you are such a busy man with so much going on in your life. I'm so proud of you and all that you are doing. Being a mediation counselor is a challenge, but from what little I know of you from your posts, you will be calm, reasonable and fair. And you are likeable, so that is huge in gaining the confidence of those you are involved with.

Hi Abi!!!! I have to say that I'm a bit confused about your WOE. Can you explain it again? We all have good days and bad....you will be back on the wagon in no time, I know it.

I had a nice visit with Vicki last night. She and I are pretty much in the same place emotionally and physically. She is keeping up on our posts and is still a member of the group, but just taking a posting hiatus right now.

I'm re-evaluating everything in my life right now - spiritual, emotional and physical. Changes need to be made, but what they are, I don't know yet. I told Vicki it would be nice if God would leave a note on the table telling me what to do

ff, keep us posted on your leg. We miss hearing from you on a regular basis.

I miss our other Blitzers....where are you? Come back.

Marilee
Old 08-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #319

my allergies dissappeared in 1985.

i do not miss them. Tony, I hope you can beat them. I was totally dysfunctional 6 months out of the year when i had them. I still fantasize about my pistachio ice cream...but i must admit i have no desire to act out that fantasy. so, whatever carbs are calling your name, Abi, find a satisfying substitute. As soon as i get a new fridge, i am getting some Breyers Carb Control ice cream. I am also getting my low carb bread at THE BAKERY, and will order the lc bagels at a web site i may not mention here. As far as the leg goes (not far at all), I will also enquire about accupuncture. Perhaps accupuncture may help with weight loss/eating disorders etc. I am so desperate, I would even accept generic needles; in which case, I suppose they would have to call it APPROXIMO-puncture. Later-FF
Old 08-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha, FF! There is that famous wit we all love and miss when you aren't around!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ff, you are a hoot, my man..

Thanks for the kind words, Marilee...I think mediation is right up my alley, as I've had to do so much of that in business over the years...I like finding out of the box solutions to solve seemingly unsolvable differences...happy you and Vicki had a nice visit...did you see her or was it on the phone?...we miss her...

Hi abs, you're still awake? ;-)
Old 08-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Tony, we talked on the phone. Iowa and Arizona are bit far apart.

I am still going to group therapy and trying intuitive eating practices. Of course, I fall back into the old, nasty habits. I am dreading having to shop for a dress for my son's wedding in November; I hate to shop. I also almost slipped into the "if I really watch it I could lose 30 lbs by then". I might be able to, but I don't have the gumption.

I am back at work now and tomorrow is the first day of my class. I hope it goes ok.

Tony and Abs, I am glad you guys have kept this going. ff, hang in there.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 08-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, best wishes on the new school year. Are you still teaching new nursing students? So happy to hear from you!

Thanks Tony and Marilee for the pep talks!

Marilee, what I was trying to do and was having great success with was eating pretty much the same foods with no fat, seasonings etc. on them. So no reward eating. Studies with mice have shown that this effects the brain to lower our set points of fat and weight. If you google..... episode 10 steven guyanet on food reward - chris kresser..... you can read more about it.

Looking forward to 4 days off starting tomorrow. Plan to drive to Walpole to have coffee with my sister. DH can start back driving today as it has been 2 weeks from his surgery. I think it will do alot to help with his spirits.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:37 AM   #324

an odd thing happened this a.m.

i was washed, shaved,and dressed at 7:00 am. i have not done that so early since i retired. later, i am going to the podiatrist, and getting a haircut. it seems, too, that in spite of all the stress, i am staying on plan. the scare of going on insulin is enough to make an honest Ferenghi of me. i am ONLY eating when i am hungry. sometimes, it is 1 meal a day, and sometimes 2 smaller ones. i can't wait until i am physically able to do my own cooking again. my non-stick skillet misses me something awful...and vice-versa. FF
Old 08-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ff, I know what you mean about the scare of more meds giving you motivation!...and I will take motivation anywhere I can find it...good for you for getting up and at it early today....heard an encouraging story yesterday...my publisher was talking about how his wife was diagnosed with RA when they got married 25 years ago and she was virtually crippled...he had to help her in and out of he tub etc...she was in her early 20s...she's in her 40s now and is perfectly fine...diet and meds was the key, so you WILL feel better...

Vicki!!!...so good to see you girl...don't beat yourself up over anything...it is good that you are learning about the psychology of all this...all you can do is what you can do....you are a beautiful person and we love you no matter what level of motivation you have at any given time...that changes for all of us so please don't feel alone in that...hope to see more of you...

Abs, enjoy the 4 days off...you've earned them!...you have had very little time off, just those days when your daughter and her family were here...how is hubby feeling?...he will feel better when he is driving...it's torture when you are grounded and stuck at home...

Good day today so far...I wish I behaved this well when I am at home...I'm just not as hungry here, can't explain it...

At lunch today, a buddy of mine gave me a brick from the house where Dolly Parton wrote "I will always love you"...one of the best songs ever done by dolly and Whitney and many others...they knocked down the house - this is going in my office!...
Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #326

i enjoyed an endulgence today.

i got a haircut AND A SHAVE! it was more than 2 bits, but it was worth it. i felt and feel 10 years younger. i will definitely do it again. it is 4:48pm here in the east, and i have not yet eaten. i think it is sirloin steak time...with chicken soup, and string beans/broc...no potato. as y'all know, my fave off plan endulgence is 2 scoops of pistachio ice cream in a waffle cone, washed down with coffee or diet coke. so, sometimes, i lie down and imagine myself ordering it and eating it. it is like facing one's fears, in a way...very kathartic. will i NEVER have it again? Not for a while...a long while. But when I do, I will have a very long brisk walk, to burn it off....perhaps New Years Day. To put it another way...the reward should be having one's daily on-plan food, and enjoying it as if it were an endulgence...because it is! FF
Old 08-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great post, ff...I wholeheartedly agree!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:10 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Super post FF. We are very fortunate to have plenty of on plan food. It really is an indulgence. You sound so good and upbeat not counting the leg pain.

Tony, DH is not having any leg pain but his back is still pretty sore. No telling all the moving and scraping they did to get the pressure off the nerves. He had a great time driving and meeting up with some friends yesterday. They had to know all the details of his surgery.

My sister says she is going to cook me breakfast when I drive up to have coffee this morning. She is such a sweetheart.

Already doing some laundry this morning and then to the store at 7.

Hope everyone has a good day. I will check back later.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay abs, what was on the breakfast menu and I'm hoping none of it was poached!? :-)

My last full day in Nashville today...Sarah is so cute - she tells me she has no free time so she won't see me until Saturday morning when she offered to drive me to the airport...I know she works a crazy schedule (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.) so I just say I'm here til Saturday and if you want to join me at any point, just let me know...so she texts me to go out to breakfast yesterday and then texts me at midnight last night to ask if I'm free for dinner tonight...so I've been here since Saturday and will see her Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday...

It's been a productive week...my publisher texted me on Tuesday that he pitched one of the songs I gave him on Monday to a major artist (singer) you might all know and he loved the song...who knows what will happen, but it was pretty cool to hear...

Hope y'all have a great Friday!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha, it was poached. She made a low carb BLT/eggs benedict. A large slab of an heirloom tomato, topped with romaine lettuce, bacon, a poached egg and topped with homemade hollandaise sauce. Sooo good!

Good good luck on the major artist singing your song Tony! Wonderful you got to see Sarah so often this trip!
Closed Thread