Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Cindy, hope your knee is OK. Sounds like a busy weekend for you.

I have to find a place for the rehearsal dinner. I have one place but will be a $3000 night and I hate to spend that with the other things we are paying for.

If all goes on schedule my oldest closes on his house Friday. They won't move for at least a month. There is work to do. Those doing it have jobs so it won't happen quickly. First we will clean.

I have run a few errands. Need to go iron and remake my bed. Running tonight. Work tomorrow.

Sleep has been rough and may need a nap.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Oh Cindy, I hope there's nothing serious wrong. Strafe it's bothered u since winter.

Jenn, I'm doing my car Monday or Tuesday if it doesn't rain.

We have the girls since Cory is taking his son to PA this weekend, they wanted to see each other before tomorrow.

Job leaves for Canada tomorrow and then I have to strategically plan my time to finish up cuz I want to do the Celtic run and the ghost walk in Bellbrook. Have to work moms hair in too. I have to work moms hair in too somehow, gonna text her to see if I can come after John leaves tomorrow around 5.

Is Mk home yet? Debbie, you home? Simeon the shorties are coming home as others are leaving.

Kelly, any sleepovers coming up?
Bbl girls.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #183

I am here. Posted earlier. Just got home from running. Nice run on dirt trails. Cooler too but still got warm. I always do.

Now I need to eat because I am starving.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #184

Good morning. Off to work. Need to get gas first so have to leave early.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Morning!

Still busy getting ready for the trip! Yesterday I went and picked up a tire for the van, picked up some tahini for DH to make hummus and got my toes done.

Today I need to clean out the van, go to the dollar store and go grocery shopping with my mom. And do laundry. Tomorrow I need to pack and make a few food items to take. Sunday I will pack up the van and make a few other food items to take. We leave Monday!

I'm down .6 for an almost 9 pound loss in a month! I can't even tell you how happy I am!

Debbie-glad you enjoyed your run!

Becky-is your party tonight?

Kelly-hope the games are going well for your boys!

Cindy-keep us updated on your knee!

MK-quit posting on FB and get back here!
BBL!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 07-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Party is Sunday at 2... Going to do moms hair tonight. Celtic run at 10:01 am and the Bellbrook ghost walk at 7:00 pm tomorrow, then the party on sunday

I'm going to get Applebee's carry out on the way back from moms and eat it on the patio. Not ON the patio but u know what I mean. I'll sit at the table, how's that?

Debbie, when is your sons wedding? Do u have ur dress yet? Did Rebecca send a dress back? Last I heard she had 2 dresses.

Better run, I'll check back later, I still need to read everyone's past, was just grabbing a few minutes before John leaves
Old 07-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good Morning-
I'm waiting on DS15 to get going this morning. They have an early early game! (and its 2 hours away) He's catching a ride with someone else, but I need to get him to the car pool spot. (He has some down time coming up)

My parents will get here Tuesday, the timing is bad, I told them, but DH told them it was fine. I wish they were waiting until Wednesday like I asked. They want to be here for DS15's B-day Weds. so they didn't want to fly in Weds. (His tournament ends Tuesday night, so that meant DS19 has to take off Weds afternoon because no one else will be here) Now, my mom is actually realizing we won't be here when they get here and I'm a bit stressed because I won't be here to do my usual pre-mom clean up.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #188
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Boy Kelly, I can relate!
My parents come Thursday next week. Not real excited about their visit. They asked to come as they didn't want to wait till DD's shower in September. They will come back for that as well. My Dad likes to dictate our schedule, and if we have done one thing they like, they want to keep repeating the same routine!

Jenn - have a great vacation and good job on the loss!

Becky - you have a busy weekend!!

DH is gone for weekend, DD23 didn't come home last night and will this morning, so DD25 and DSIL had me over for dinner. Today not sure until after DD gets home....maybe a movie, some shower errands and for sure dinner out at our fave Mexican!

Have a great weekend all!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 07-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Just popping in! Super busy getting ready to leave. Tons to do today and I'm already behind!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #190

Have a great time at the beach Jenn.

It is amazing what we go through when our parents visit. My mom will be here in a few months and then a month later for the wedding.

I am on my way home from a wonderful 12 mile run. No big plans. Want to get to grocery. Need to go to Macy's for gift card for shower next Saturday. DS31 may bring Isabella over for a while. Need to go buy Mac and Cheese and milk.

Not sure what we will do for dinner yet. Probably eat out.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #191
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
I made it back and have been overwhelmed with puppy stuff, laundry, IBS issues, the house, the yard, . . . . and i was offered a job yesterday - part-time but still . . .

And DS20 leaves in a month for Rome and if I don't get the IBS figured out, we won't be able to visit . . .

On the plus side I lost 3 lbs this week . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Welcome home and tired. We need some new people around here. I hope u stay longer than the last people have,

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
I'm down .6 for an almost 9 pound loss in a month! I can't even tell you how happy I am!

MK-quit posting on FB and get back here!
BBL!
FABULOUS!! So proud of you!!

And at least with FB you knew I was alive, right?!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #192
Queen Bargain Shopper

So I gave you a little nudge, did I, MK?

Nothing new here...........yesterday was cold. Today is sunny again. DH came home last night early due to the cold - which is a good because we need to clean up the garage before my parents come on Thursday.

DD came home, but haven't seen her much - she had a hair appt - we had lunch then she came home and then left to do a family photo shoot with DH's sister and fam and then she spent the night at his parents, I guess.....I am confused as to what they do/are going to do when they come home.............

Off to the grocery store today, then working around here.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #193

Yesterday had Isabella and family here. Spent a lot of time looking for flower girl dresses on line. I think I found one on Etsy.

We also looked on Pinterest for fireplace remodels. I think that would be on the bottom of their list. Mirsa hates the stone.

We decided we are all going to their new house to celebrate after they close Frdsy for pizza and beer. Not that I can ingest either. I work and will get there late. They won't move on for a month as they need to paint, recarpet some areas or just pull up carpet, upgrade electric, add a breakfast bar, renovate two bathrooms, clean out gutters and extend down spouts and much more.

Last night DH and I were going to watch a movie. Hadn't even found one yet and a friend called. He got in a car accident and needed a ride home from where his car was towed. He is fine. It could have been bad.

I am off to work. Don't want to.

Cindy, you have to share your daughters now. It works out. My DS31 really tries to make sure they spend time with us. His wife's family is large and there is lays a party or occasion.

Warming back up here. Had a ton of rain last night. It is why friend was hit by another car on the highway.

Better get ready for work.

Have a great party today Becky.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #194
Queen Bargain Shopper

I haven't done much.....

Debbie - they will be so proud of their new home - so excited for them.

I don't like sharing my kids - I am a good Mom about it though. DD25's in laws are great about sharing and we work out our compromises well.....DD23's in laws however, I think are going to be a PITA!!!! Already I am annoyed by them even more so than I was at the time of the wedding. GET THIS: His Mom unfriended me on FB because DD posted some link about "10 things you don't say to a woman who doesn't want children". She got all ticked off about it because I commented "those who know and love you best have your back." Unbelieveable.........but it's true - besides.......even though she says they won't change their minds - it's early and they could in 10, even 15 years............
Old 07-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #195

I didn't know they didn't want children Cindy. It is their choice.

At work. Busy. Taking 5 minutes.

DH bought my son a lawn mower today. Says his dad bought ours. His dad worked for Sears so he bought it there. They won't be living there but their lawn will need mowing. A kid in the neighborhood asked if he wanted it mowed the other day when he ran over there. Guess the grass is long.

DH doing my errands. Will make my Tuesday and Thursday easier.

Back to work. Very busy for a Sunday.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #196
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
So I gave you a little nudge, did I, MK?

Yes you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

I don't like sharing my kids - I am a good Mom about it though. DD25's in laws are great about sharing and we work out our compromises well.....DD23's in laws however, I think are going to be a PITA!!!! Already I am annoyed by them even more so than I was at the time of the wedding. GET THIS: His Mom unfriended me on FB because DD posted some link about "10 things you don't say to a woman who doesn't want children". She got all ticked off about it because I commented "those who know and love you best have your back." Unbelieveable.........but it's true - besides.......even though she says they won't change their minds - it's early and they could in 10, even 15 years............

Wait - slow down and back up.

DD23 and her new hubby have decided they don't want kids?
OK.
That's their choice (or not, if they change their minds later) . . .
But she unfriended you because you're supporting them?

Oh boy.

Debbie - can't wait to see pics of the new house!!!

We have a wedding coming up in August, so I'm renting another Rent the Runway dress. It's not my first choice, but what i really wanted would be too long and with a straight cut, wouldn't look good.

So - what do you think of this:

Google Lilly Pulitzer Derby Girl Dress and go to images - the 3rd one is from the website

It won't be that short on me - the model is 5'10"!
And I have a great Kate Spade purse, dangly earrings and a cuff bracelet that should work with it all.

Last year I wore Nicole Miller A Fair Lady Dress (find it the same way)

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°

Last edited by TuscanGirl; 07-28-2013 at 11:41 AM..
Old 07-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #197
Queen Bargain Shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Wait - slow down and back up.

DD23 and her new hubby have decided they don't want kids?
OK.
That's their choice (or not, if they change their minds later) . . .
But she unfriended you because you're supporting them?

Oh boy.

Yep, that's it! And she sat down with DSIL and said she's concerned for him. DD has said ALL ALONG she did not want kids.....she told him numerous times he had an out if he wanted one.....thing is; he likes his freedom and his music causes him to be gone alot. He doesn't really want children either. His uncle (his Mom's brother) and his wife also are musicians and have no children......and his Mom says: You don't want to be another Uncle M. Maybe he does!!!! I am just livid about it. And even DD25 says she could have just blocked you not unfriended you......it was so childish.

I am glad I can vent here.

MK - I LOVE that dress! What a great idea to rent! Knew they did things like that, but never knew anyone who did it.

Debbie - we help DD25 and DSIL out - and will with DD23 and DSIL as well. My parents even gave DD money for her baby furniture......we are buying their rocker. I think we always do that sort of stuff for our kids.

DD and DSIL have to come and get their pup - I didn't want them to stay for dinner as I wanted a quiet night, but DH needs DSIL's help with the new bagger he bought for his lawnmower so I guess they will be staying if they want.........it's gonna be take out.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #198
Queen Bargain Shopper

oh and MK - what's up with the job?
Old 07-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #199
Princess Proofreader

Takeout is always good!
I'm so glad you love the dress.
I loved the other one so much, I need to fall for this one.

Debbie - we give our kids money too - or buy them plane tickets to visit us or go to FL with us . . . it never ends!

Cindy - I haven't really given the job offer serious thought yet.
No clue if I want that kind of commitment again . . .
I just stopped in the store to buy a birthday present - no not yours (yet!) and the store manager came over to say hi, ask about the kids and say she'd been thinking about me . . . and it just sprang from there. She said she wants to take the store in a different direction and wants me to be part of it!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #200

I wouldn't work if I didn't have to or I would do something less stressful.

Here it is 11:40pm and I am just leaving.

Have eye appt 9 tomorrow. Have a floater in left eye. I believe they will tell me it happens with aging and it will go away with time but with my moms glaucoma and losing her sight more and more I want to be checked. Then I work 8 hours.

We help our kids a lot. I probably could work a lot less if we didn't. I wouldn't do it differently. I will retire in 9-10 years I hope. Or work very little. Our mortgage will be paid. The kids will have to pay their own way by then. We still pay their car insurance. That has to end soon.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

I'll text everyone about my party, Jenn, I don't knownif I have your cell number. I have one for Jennifer via Walker but I don't know if its you or someone else. Or if its the right number cuz I've had it for so long.

I had chicken salad croissants, pasta salad that my niece made, fruit tray, veggie tray, 2 cakes that we totally forgot about... Chips. Oh yeah, I made a cheeseball too. I WAY overbought on pasta salad and had a lot to send home with mom, Kim, my niece and my sister in law. I don't have any left in my house and that's a good thing. I have some croissants that I couldn't pawn off on anyone war so the squirrels will have a feast. Better them than me, they look adorable when they're chubby, myself.... Naw!

Going to bed, I'm pooped! Nite everyone. I quickly read the posts from today but I have to go back and reread them
Old 07-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #202
Queen Bargain Shopper

Monday!
Notice the exclamation point?
Yeah, I'm trying to be excited, lol.

Well I ended up making spaghetti, salad and garlic bread; easy and less $$ than take out - plus even though carby, prob less calories and sodium!

They brought me a cute frame and a $10 gift card for taking their dog! They got their crib, mattress, dresser, bookshelf, chair and some odds and ends for their house.

It does never end with the kids it seems. It's always something. DD23 comes home and she ends up leaving with all kinds of stuff.....make up products, tools, groceries......we all know it helps and want to try to make it easier on them.

Retire? I won't be for a long time.....the way our governor played havoc in our state when he took over, everything has gone up and our pay has not very much......it's sad.

MK - like Debbie said - if you were to do this, if it's stress free, then I would think about it if it's a place you would like to be and it's only part time. And you have a birthday this week...........and I didn't forget. You, DD25 and DSIL all have birthdays within 2 weeks of each other! And to me this one is one that you get to get more attention for too!!!

Becky - anxious to hear how well you did on your party.

Off to work and busy week at work, plus a couple lunches out, hair appt on Wed and then my parents come on Thursday - trying to psyche myself up for that one.

Happy Monday all!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:56 AM   #203

August 1 right MK? That is soon.

July is going way too fast.

Need to get ready early because of 9 am eye doc appointment.

Found a dress for Isabella to wear as flower girl. $90 but what we need. Been looking and looking. Rebecca won't let her wear white with navy sash. Trying to find solid navy we like hard. Mirsa really wanted tulle on the skirt. Oh well what's another $90?? My dress is going to be hard too. I can't find one.

I still need to figure out rehearsal dinner. I have so much going on.
I have a place but $2500 minimum plus tip yikes!!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Debbie. Is that the going price for rehearsal dinners in your area? Brads aunt paid for theirs so I have no idea how much theirs cost.

Going toniest the bedroom apart and clean it, tomorrow is the bonus room. Want to so my car too before John comes home.

Going to text Kim and see what she's working this week. Grace will be back around 5 cuz Alyssa has therapy at 6.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:12 AM   #205

Waiting at eye doctor. Don't want to be late for work. They are already late and I was first patient.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-
We have another fun filled day of water polo ahead! They lost 2 of their early games, but if they win everything going forward, there is still a way to get to first through the losers bracket. (fingers crossed for them!)

I was proud of me this weekend, it can be really hard to eat right with kid sports stuff. We stopped for pizza yesterday and I had one chicken wing and the topping off of the pizza. I'm actually down this morning.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay Kelly! It's hard when ur can't control what is going on your plate and especially with pizza!

I got my bedroom cleaned and 3 loads of the mountain of laundry done, tomorrow gonna try to organize the bonus room. More laundry to do too. Got backed up when we were painting. Gotta change the kitty boxes too.

Debbie, how was ur eye appt? Did u make it to work on time?

Cindy, I love you're quotes on fb. I look for them when I get out of work and I'm sitting in my car before I go home. I think I need a life!! When does your school look? Kim loomed tonight and Alyssa's first day is the 19th, she about died cuz they never start Til after Kim's bd on the 22. We have to scamper and pull together to get her school supplies.

MK, how's Merlin tonight? Is that a collar to keep him from biting them? thats better than those cones. i have had cones for my birds and tehhyre awful. Hunter has those fluid filled cysts and they're on his sides and belly. They're squishy. His knee is really bothering him. I was looking at him today and his snout is so white.

Alyssa wants KFC tomorrow, I think I will get the grilled. She wants Mac and cheese and coleslaw. She use to be so picky but she isn't anymore, thank God!

Ready for John to come home, now is about when it gets old with him being gone.

Moms bd is Monday and then Tuesday she has her eye surgery, not looking forward to that week!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

BTW... What is Aug 1 again. Haha
Old 07-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #209
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Yes, ladies, it's almost my birthday - the big 55!
Though the young ladies at Bergners were very nice when i was buying Strivectin and one said I had to be her mom's age - 45!
I wish they worked on commission - i would have paid for their college educations!

Meanwhile, Merlin had surgery to put a drainage tube in his leg . . . I'll pick him up in the morning!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #210
Queen Bargain Shopper

I hope Merlin is doing well.

And no, you don't look 55!!!

Becky - schools starts here 9/3 for the districts and 9/5 for the college.

Off to work............UGH.
Closed Thread