Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Guess i didn't post yesterday.

DH left for Chicago and comes back late tomorrow.

I was off yesterday and all alone. My oldest and youngest were away and couldn't deal with DS29 and his DF. I ran a very hard 8 hot miles. It wore me out so I got lazy. I did run to two grocery stores but not for a lot. I did some folding. Read a lot. Pulled some weeds and ironed.

I work 12 hours today and 8 tomorrow. Tuesday I am driving to Frederick which will be a good 45 minute ride to check a place for a rehearsal dinner. Jewish weddings don't have rehearsals but the parents of the groom do dinner for out of towers the night before the wedding. The wedding is a good hour from home. We will be spending the night before up in Frederick and the wedding is 20 minutes from there in the middle of no where.

Jenn, congrats on the weight loss.

MK, you have been so active I can't imagine you will gain. Increasing carbs does sometimes put on water weight.

Honestly I thought with IBS you need to prevent the constipation/diarrhea cycle and eat fruit and veggies and grains. I find eating gluten free has helped me a lot.

Kelly, you will miss your running friend. Maybe you can find another.

Cindy, hope you are enjoying your trip.

Becky, I bet your house looks great. I wish I could paint a few rooms. I am tired of my kitchen and family room and my sons room just needs clean walls.

It rained here last night but not enough. There was a lot of thunder and lightening. They had to cancel the 8K but everyone was there. I skipped volunteering or running the race this year. I didn't want to be there for a 8:45pm race without DH. It is called the Twilighter. I also decided running a race in the heat would not be good. I tend to push too hard. So I ran alone yesterday because no way I could be up and in Bethesda by 7am after working late the night before.

I guess I better get ready for work.

I am now working hard on our big Half Marathon Medical Team and plans. It is Seotember 8. I think I have 4-5 volunteers so far. I have 25 more to go!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Just popping in for a quick before heading out for a day of water polo.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #153

You are up early Kelly.

I came back from vacation up a pound. Some how I am down over 2.5. I thought it was water weight with all the sweat I have lost running but it is going down. I fear getting on the scale tomorrow and bring back up. I also think stress is keeping me from eating as much. I have been working more too. I still have a tummy that could use liposuction or a tuck.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Debbie-sometimes those are the best days!

Kelly-good luck to the boys with their water polo!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #155
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Family room is straightened, I quickly swept but I'm doing the birdroom tomorrow and I know I'll track seed that their thrown onto the floor through the family ro floor so I'll have to sweep it again anyway. I'm sure I'll have all the help I need with Mandy helping me. She doesn't quite get the rules of a domestic cat... he thinks she's suppose to be like an outside kitty. I certainly wouldn't trust her with them out by herself, that's for sure. Never had to worry with Guinie and Merlin, or even Mia.

I ordered more chicken salad. Increased it to 10 lbs and I'm praying it doesn't rain so the kids that some ladies don't have sitters for can go outside. So far it's 18 coming and I don't have all the RSVPs in yet, they have Til Friday. Getting most of the stuff on Saturday after the Celtic run and doing moms hair so she doesn't look like a little homeless lady. Than getting the chicken salad from a small grocery here in Bellbrook and then the croissants from Kroger and picking them both up around 11 on Sunday morning. So glad John will be gone so I'm not slowed down with things.

I have a blueberry bread and cinnamon bread to make for his trip. Thursday I'll make the beef and noodles and take them over to Kim's to freeze. No room in my freezer with the Jenny stuff. Unless I don't buy anything this week, I should have plenty of stuff for this coming week Til I get back in there the next Tuesday.

Cindy, ya home or still gone? MK? A busy time for vacations. I think Kelly, debbieband Jenn are still at home. miss Kaye, wonder how she's doing?

Going to bed, nite girls!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

I always wonder what autocorrect replaced that I missed while proof reading. And if I don't proofread, for sure it's replaced it with something quite embarrassing!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Well darn, I had the pic of Us at the at Brigid run and it was sideways. Just did the one for the color run and it was sideways too, I did it with my phone and I don't know how to straighten it,
Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Becky-What kind of jewelry party are you having? 18 is a lot!

A week from today I will be going to the beach (Corolla) for our annual vacation. Can't wait! I have already planned to not eat on plan once and that is for our reversal dinner. We go and have frozen custard for dinner and then go across the street to Five Guys and have a burger for "dessert". I will *not* miss out on my frozen custard! lol! It is also the only time we go out to eat, so all my other meals will be food I bring. On a side note, I am down another pound for a total of 7. Yeah!

Off to a bunch of food stores this morning. And the bank. Pop in later!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 07-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Jenn, it's a Lia Sophia and I'm so excited! I'm up to 29 people and 2 of them might bring friends. I could portentously end up with 29 or so.

Therefore, I've out it off, I now need to clean my bird room! And Mandy is a pain when I do it, can't lock her out coz the room is too small (about 8x8) and I need the door open cu it gets too stuff for me being so small of a space

Raining again. Glad I mowed the back yesterday, the front didn't need it cuz he did it with the riding mower and it cuts closer
Old 07-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, I was up and out the door early yesterday for DS15's games. They have another full weekend this coming weekend. I was thinking of getting a hotel and staying instead of driving back and forth, but the schedule is out and there are only 2 of the pools that are really too far to drive back and forth. (the closest is still like an hour and a half drive, but I don't mind doing that if traffic cooperates and it really is an hour and a half) (They finished 31st out of 48 teams last weekend, but all the younger guys got a decent amount of play time)

Becky, good luck getting the bird room cleaned with Mandy's help. I hope the weather cooperates for you so the kids can play outside.

Jenn, a reversal dinner sounds like fun. (I had to read it twice to get what you were saying)

MK, are you home safe and sound?

Cindy, safe travels.

Kaye, pop in and say

I need to get back to cleaning. My parents will be here next week and this coming weekend will be crazy with water polo. (after that, DS15 has a friend that moved that is coming for a few days before school starts)
Old 07-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #161
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
I am home.
I am tired.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #162
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome home and tired. We need some new people around here. I hope u stay longer than the last people have,
Old 07-23-2013, 04:01 AM   #163

Welcome home MK.

Becky, you crack me up with above post.

You are having a big party. Hope you get some nice free jewelry out of it.

Kelly, sounds like a lot of driving. I guess staying over would also depend how early things start in the morning.

Jenn, you are losing so well !! Congrats.

Cindy, you home yet?? For some reason I think you come back today.

I am off today. I am heading to Frederick at 10 for 11 meeting at possible rehearsal dinner restaurant. Run tonight.

I still need to find a dress.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

I'm slowly trying to get back into getting up earlier. School time will be here before I know it! Up a pound, but it's okay. I know it will be gone tomorrow.

MK-Welcome back! Take a rest and then come back and tell us all about it!

Cindy-hope you are enjoying Montreal!

Becky-wow! That's a lot of people! Have a great time!

Debbie-Enjoy your day off!

Kelly-We love our reversal dinner! How is the cleaning of the house going?
Old 07-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #165

I think Cindy is back. Saw a FB post from home location.

So what do you think they will name the new prince.

I guess Alexander,James, Phillip. Hope it isn't George. I do have an uncle George but not a favorite name. I guess it has to be an old English name. I was not happy Diana used William and he was born on my William's due date. My son was two weeks late. We use Billy. Even at 31 he is Billy.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, it will be a lot of driving, but staying in a cheap hotel with a bunch of teenagers is NOT relaxing, so I'd rather come home!!! (and the "cheap" hotels have all bumped their rates for the weekend since this is a national tournament and there are teams coming from all over the US and they are all full)
They will start early and have nights that could end as late as 8:30. I'll pick and chose the games I go to and probably won't make all of them.
Plus, DS19 is a great kid, but we live in a small town and I don't want his "friends" showing up to sit and drink at my house. (friends in quotes, because it wouldn't be his close friends but just people he went to HS with that would take advantage of a parent free house as always seems to happen here)

Jenn, shhh, don't say the "S" word. Summer is going way too fast! I won't be ready for school to start in the fall.

MK, what Becky said, LOL!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Kelly-hahahahaha....we just finished shopping for supplies. Whew! Glad it's only once a year!

Debbie-Alexander or Phillip would be good. I'm thinking maybe James? I hope they don't go with George too!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #168

I wish they would announce the name.

So glad I don't have to buy school supplies or clothes anymore. Now we help by houses, pay for weddings and cars. Maybe school supplies would be better.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, school supplies would be ALOT cheaper, LOL.

Jenn, DS15 likes his brother's hand me downs whenever possible. I'm still amazed that he is still carrying the backpack we bought for DS19 when he was in 5th grade. (It looks rough, but it still works)
Old 07-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Holy moly!!! 21 coming now! Thank goodness we have a sunken living room and the step people gravitate to for sitting. My niece is bringing 5 chairs so that will help
Old 07-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #171
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Yep - home last night.
Tired today - went to alteration lady, grocery store, and DD stopped here for lunch after summer school.

We had a wonderful time. Our friends are amazing and we had a wonderful dinner out on Saturday night, and then over to their house on Sunday night......walked ALL over Montreal Sat/Sun.

Back to work tomorrow - UGH. Need to be in early for a Getting Started session and have to stay late for registration.

Debbie - I am with you - I think the school supplies would be cheaper!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Sooooo happy! In list 3.2 this week! Yay. Bbl
Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah Becky!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #174

Hurray Becky!!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah Becky!!!!

That is awesome!!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Had to get the girls off to their dad. Kim is out running. John is slaving away trying to get caught up before Friday when he leaves for a week in Canada.

I'll be back later, my little windows of time all to myself
Old 07-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

I really, really, really need to clean out my van!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #178
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Jenn... That's on my list of things to do when johns in Canada. Tear our bedroom apart and clean it well, clean the bonus room that's connected to our room and clean out my pigstye of a car!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #179
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BECKY!!!
Crazy busy.
DH gone this weekend on a bike trip and my little tornado will be home AND I have DD25's dog overnight Saturday to Sunday, so that means I could have 4 dogs here!
As much as it may be chaotic - looking forward to weekend.....DD and I are doing shower stuff, probably a movie and dinner Saturday night!

Oh, and I did something to my knee.....remember when I fell last winter? I keep thinking - in my head - this isn't something good.....going to PT on Tuesday for her to take a look since I can go right at work......needless to say, I haven't worked out since Tuesday.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 07-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no Cindy! Hope it's nothing serious!

Becky-we leave for our annual vacation on Monday. It needs to be done before Sunday night because that's when I plan on loading it up! lol!

I am down another pound! So excited! 8 pounds total so far. Two more and I go the spa!

On the agenda for today: clean out the van, pick up tire for the van, start packing a few things and a few other things!
Closed Thread