Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Main painting is DONE! Still have to touch up! Lots of touch up! Then Wednesday hoping to steam clean the carpet. Up to about 12 for my jewelry party. Glad now I planned it coz even though its hectic few weeks and still a lot more to do, we've been talking about painting for a while and just keep putting it off!

I will post pics if I can figure out how to do it. Or maybe on fb

Been loving the pics of your daughters wedding, Cindy. Glad you're taking a little time off.

I want to get together with the shorties (I'm Close to whining!)

Debbie, your trip sounds fun! Are u still on CA?

Better run, more indies later!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #122
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Tuesday and late day.
Still stuffy too, and the heat and humidity is horrible!

Have a good day ladies!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hey Ladies!

Just popping in

Hot and humid here. Just being lazy!

Gained two pounds and lost one. grrrr....but it's okay. Think I'm getting things figured out!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Soooo hot! I wish it would rain!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #125
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Got errands done this morning. Read,watched taped shows and fell asleepthis afternoon. Ran tonight on shaded trail vs the track due to the heat.

DH made a yummy dinner.

Signed up to work 8 tomorrow instead of 4 hours.

Hot Hot Hot here!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Pintihn is all done, just ceiling touch ups left to do. Going to try to pick up enough crap that's thrown around from us painting for 2 weeks and clean the carpets tomorrow. Once I get past that then I can start straightening the house up and clean it.

Girls are here for the night, Kim and Cory went to the jimmy buffet concert, I love him, so jealous!

Tomorrow is weigh in and on dreading it. I really need to get back to my walking and running with the treadmill.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #127
Queen Bargain Shopper

It is SO hot here!
The humidity is unbearable!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

We're hot too and have high humidity, not as bad as last week but close
Old 07-17-2013, 04:23 AM   #129
Queen Bargain Shopper

Well ladies; I went back on my hormone patch.....kept thinking what MK said about her being on it for many years.......plus my doc's office had said I was on a very low dose. Honestly, the mini hot flashes - all day and all night - have not been fun and I never experience a one when on the patch......I wish my old NP had not retired.....not crazy about the one I am seeing and may take a look around before the next physical.

Off this afternoon with DD25. We did get the venue we wanted for her shower, so going there today to put down the deposit and to have lunch. Decided I just need to take some time off here and there for the rest of the summer......and off Fri - Tues for our weekend trip to Montreal.

Hope everyone is surviving this heat......

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Ladies!

Still hot here! Getting ready to head to the pool. Will check back in a bit and do indies!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Morning Everyone-
I won't mention the weather. DS15 has lots of water polo until early August he'll keep me running from place to place. Last night's game was in a not so great neighborhood. I was glad we had the early game since it was just us.

I'm still watching what I eat, I'm doing a loose Atkins OWL. (25g of carbs, a little dairy including full fat greek yogurt-need to watch this one, mostly meat/veggies/some berries) I'm down below the (15 lbs over my lowest weight, but still 15 lbs below my highest not preggers weight) weight I've maintained since we moved here. I don't want to do this again, so I'm allowing the occasional indulgences like the crepes, an occasional adult beverage, and the sushi we had last weekend so it is close to how we normally eat. I am logging my food into an app on my phone too.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky-how was the weigh in?

Debbie-What did he make? Can't say it was yummy and not share! lol!

Cindy-Enjoy Montreal! Glad you were able to get the venue for the shower.

MK-where are you hiding? Hope it's someplace cool!

Went to the pool. It was hot, but nice at the same time Making supper now and then may run to the grocer as I am out of tea! Since that is all I drink now, I have to remedy that situation!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm ignoring the weigh in! Not good!

Got the carpet cleaned. Not just have to clean and get rid of crap that has accumulated since we started painting 3 weeks ago
Old 07-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #134

My husband grilled chicken breasts,corn on the cob and romaine. Yes, grilled romaine. Last night had two of three sons home with their significant others. DH made hamburgers,hot dogs,corn on the cob grilled for third night in a row. He grilled broccoli which I like better roasted in the oven.

I worked 8 hours yesterday and do 12 tomorrow.

Currently have hair color on. Need to iron. I have a long list of things to do today.

DH going to Chicago Saturday to Monday. He has a lot of travel coming up.

Kelly, you look great!!

Becky, today is a new day. Stick to your plan.

Cindy, have a great trip. Hope it is cooler their being so far north.

MK, posting great photos on FB.

Jenn, wish I had a pool to go to but then again when we did I never had time.

DS29 had a tasting for their wedding yesterday. I can't say it will be wonderful. I have no input!!

DS31 says the current home owner is getting work done on the house this week and the two things being done are great. Hoping to close early August and move in September. They want painting,carpeting,kitchen breakfast bar,and one bathroom done before they move in. There is a list of other things too.

DS22 is happy. His GF has been sick with sinusitis and bronchitis and finally is feeling better. She gets sick easily.

My mom and her husband are on their way to China. Her husband found out he has cancer of the sweat gland on his nose yesterday. It isn't god but with surgery their is 80% cure rate if not spread anywhere else. They aren't dealing with it till they get back with Surgery August 5. My sister in law will be there most of August. They bought a house in the same neighborhood planning to retire there in 3-4 years.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Debbie- I used to love grilled corn on the cob! Yum! Need to color my hair too!

Cindy-Are you ready for your trip?

Kelly-hope the water polo is going well for the boys!

Becky-as Debbie says..it's a new day. Hang in there

MK-forgot you are on your trip.

So much traveling going on! We go to the beach in a little over a week!

Debbie-will keep your moms husband in my prayers.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #136

Just found out a good friends sister died last night. So sad for her.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Debbie! I've happily maintained this weight with almost no exercise for the last 8 years. I bounced up when DS19 first came home from school and I'm in the right frame of mind to stay in weight loss mode, so I'm determined to get back closer to the smaller size I was for a long time. Obviously, being 8 years older, it will probably take longer to get there, but that's okay. (I'm 5 lbs lower than I was when he came home, so...)

Debbie, so sorry to hear about your mom's husband and friend's sister. I hope he gets good news after the surgery!

Jenn, I'm sure you all will have a blast at the beach!

Becky, what's done is done, just move forward! You've got this!

Cindy, hope going back to the patch helps. I had one of those weird side effects in the few months I was ever on BC. My doc (who was about to retire) said she hadn't seen it since medical school. Needless to say, I won't chance replacement hormones in the future, I'll suffer through.

We have a new digital scale, its about 8 lbs heavier than my old scale. So, while I don't like seeing that number, its just a number and I know where it is compared to the old scale. Its the trend that matters, not the actual number.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #138

Kelly, years ago I bought a digital scale and had the same thing happen.

I have been busy all day. Sent out emails to all my volunteers from last year for the Half Marathon Medical team. Sent one out at work. Trying to find my list from the year before. Probably on my old computer that crashed. Colored my hair,ironed,went to grocery . Made turkey breast sliders for dinner. Found recipe on Pinterest today. Working on invitation addresses. Forgot a few people. Back to the drawing board.

Running on trails tonight with a few friends. They will go slow and it will be shady. My turkey burger sliders should reheat easily.

Back to the guest list. Trying to get it together so they can work on invites.

I have to cross check addresses with my written list. Trying to keep it around 50 people or so who actually come. DS29 has friends he is inviting and there is her family. They really want no more then 120 people.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

I have gained exactly 10 pounds of the 14 back with this stupid prednisone. So discouraging and I need to start back on the treadmill but do much needs to be done for my party!

Debbie, I will keep everyone in my prayers

No Thursday Night camper tonight, trying to ween her off of Thursdays and onto Saturdays. She can't stay Thursdays when she starts back to preschool coz she will be going Monday, Wednesday and Fridays so she will start staying Saturdays. She stays Saturdays a lot now so Kim and Cory can go out on Saturdays.

Still have so much to do yet bit the house is looking better.

Gotta run... Night.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #140
Queen Bargain Shopper

TGIF!

Debbie - I already am SO wishing DD would have stuck to her guns and kept her wedding to the small one she wanted. I keep thinking they could be buying a house right now if we wouldn't have spent the money on the wedding.

Sorry to hear about your friend's sister.

Kelly - I was on BC from 22 until I had my hysterectomy with no side affects, thankfully. Same thing with my patch. It's very low dose and I'm hoping I can stay on it till I am through the rough spots.

Becky - hang in there - how much longer are you on the prendisone or are you off of it?

I am off today through Tuesday - today I am off to run some errands and pack. We leave at 5:30 am for the airport - in Montreal by noon. Going out to dinner in downtown Montreal for dinner - we are staying downtown as well......will do alot of walking.

I won't be checking in till until Tuesday - since we are technically out of the country, I won't be using my phone or iPad unless DH gives in and gets wifi - it costs at the hotel.....

I will be watching it this weekend, but giving myself permission to indulge a little - we don't do this that often and will be taken to an amazing restaurant on Saturday night, plus our friends on Sunday night for dinner.......

Hold down the fort ladies!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #141

Indulge Cindy just once a day. Eat healthy the rest of the day.

Travel safe!

Becky, I don't gain in steroids. I know some people do. You get hungrier. I don't sleep on steroids but lately that happens anyways.

Working 12. Why did I do this to myself? All to get my usual 28 hours a week in.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

I finished the prednisone last Sunday.

Now to get the paint speckles off the floor where it missed the drop cloth and made it to the floor so the speckles and blobs can laugh in my face! Why is it that a spot will hit an area that isn't covered by the drop cloth. 8 foot of drop cloth and it finds the little exposed area!!!

9 days Til my party! 7 Til John leaves for Canada. 8 Til the Celtic run! I really hope this heat wave lightens up! Thank God it's a morning run!

Having Jenny breakfast sandwich? Those things are awesome!

Mk... Are u home yet? Great pictures of ur family!

Cindy, how far along is DD now? Jane they picked our names? I might end up with a little grandson too someday, it's looking promising.

I have an 11:15 cut and then the girls will me here cuz Kim has a client at 3:30. I most admit I missed my little bed buddy last night! She'll spend tomorrow night with us, don't know about Alyssa yet, sometimes she stays and sometimes her little mothering skills kicks in cuz she's afraid daddy will hurt mommy if she's gone. I'm glad Gracie doesn't remember anything about them being together, wish Alyssa didn't see that side of her daddy! Kim has her into therapy, Kim's appt was yesterday to fill the therapist in on the past few years and Alyssa's first time is next Tuesday, I think. Can't remember exactly which day, maybe Wednesday now that I think about it

Gotta run... Lots of stuff to do yet!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Just popping in to say hi!

Cindy-have a great time!

Becky-What kind of jewelry party is it? I'm sure you've said, but I don't remember!

Debbie-hope your day isn't too bad.

Will check back in later
Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-
My friend and I are going for one last run this morning before the Navy moves her family off. They'll be back in a couple of years and they are really excited (they're moving to Italy) but its been nice to have someone to run with. I think I'll suggest that we keep each other accountable by email or FB messenger. (she's lost 20 lbs since March, so she might be happy to have that)

Debbie, it seems like guest lists for things like weddings have a way of spiraling out of control.
Slow and shady sounds like a good run to me.

Becky, hang in there! You know its the prednisone and not real weight!!! I hope you are at least feeling better.
I hope it helps Alyssa to have someone outside the family to talk to.

Cindy, I'm sure you'll have a great time in Montreal! And, as far as what you are eating, its a lifestyle, not a diet, so enjoy the trip, do lots of walking, and go right back to eating right! One meal won't derail everything, its when the one meal turns into a year!
The only place in Canada I've been to is Victoria. I want to go back WITHOUT a water polo tournament. It was a fun little city that felt like we were in England.

Jenn, I'm sure you are spending lots of time at the pool. Stay cool and don't get too much sun!

Kaye and MK,
Old 07-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #145
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Quick check in - it's raining!
I'm hoping it's stopped soon so I can get a bike ride in before the rental place takes them back - we've been getting in 10-15 miles a day!
Lots of walking too - 5-10 miles!

This new IBS diagnosis plus being on vacation has really confused me and made it hard to eat.
I hope I haven't gained a ton of weight when I get back - it's NOT eating bread, pasta, etc that helped me take the weight off. What will eating it do to me??
Very scared!

I think it's starting to clear up and I'm going stir crazy - I'm going to find a niece or nephew and drag them out for a walk with me!

Cindy - I'm on a low dose patch too - hope you feel better with it!

Hugs to all!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 07-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

MK-I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think!

After some fluctuation, I can now say that I've lost another pound for a total of 6 pounds gone! Four more and I go to the spa! (I have a gc)
Old 07-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #147
Princess Proofreader

Hi Jenn!! Good for you!!!!

It's raining again! Luckily it started BEFORE I left for my 5 mile walk because it's like a monsoon out there! Totally raining sideways!!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

MK-send some my way! I would love some rain and we could sure use it!

Experimenting in the kitchen with some recipes I found online. I've made grain free Rosemary Parmesan crackers and grain free chocolate cookies! Yum!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

MK... Been storming on and off all day
Old 07-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #150
Princess Proofreader

Becky - here too!
Closed Thread