Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning & Happy Saturday!

We have the annual "alumni game" this afternoon. Its always so fun! Its next year's HS guys against who ever happens to come back to play. You never know who will show up. We have a large percentage of kids that play in college, several professional water polo players (Europe) and guys that were Olympians. Tons of people show up to watch and there is always a family reunion kind of atmosphere.

Cindy, good luck finding the shower venue that works.
I love the contrast of the scarves your DD picked out for you.
My DH doesn't diet (ever) he and the boys have "those" metabolisms. He does eat more lc though because he has discovered that he feels better when he doesn't eat a lot of junk. So, he'll do things like ditch the top hamburger bun, but still have the fries and steal the shake from the boys.

Debbie, I need a haircut too, not sure what I'm waiting on. I really should call and make an appointment especially since she is busier in the summer, it might take longer to get in.
Happy Birthday to your DSnow31!!!

MK, yes Bite slimed everyone all the time. He was such a happy dog! We adopted him from a shelter as a puppy. He had parvo, which showed up a couple of days after we got him home. He was a very sick puppy for a while, but he ended up living a very healthy life to the ripe old age of almost 18. He was an outside dog and didn't do well with crowds and we didn't think it was fair to him to try to move him here. Some friends that had a farm with creeks and ponds and underground fencing took him. Their kids were really little at the time and he was really happy there and we got to visit him.

to everyone else!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
I go away Wednesday-Sunday.

Work Sunday and Monday 11-11. DH is already off. I don't want to lose 24 hours of pay

Just ran 8 hard hot hilly miles.

DH and I watched the Capital Fourth concert he saved on DVR.

Have to run a few errands and iron uniforms. Not sure what else we will do.

DH in dry cleaners now. Then we will go home. He wants to go to the running store. I told him I need a shower first!! Boy am I sweaty. This heat is hard to run in.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Haha MK! He wears a collar around his neck stating it! And how much more rain did u send us!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #64

We have the bridal shower some place no one has ever been in. Becca's mom called around to find a place. I still need a place for dinner the night before the wedding.

I already know one possibly two people can't come and likely the same for two others.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #65

Morning ladies. All posting at the same time.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #66
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!!

DS24 and DH are outside scraping and painting, I'm doing laundry and cleaning out a corner of out bedroom, DS20 was a lifeguard for a triathlon at 7:00am and is home recuperating.

Cindy - we don't leave until a week from today.
How large is the shower. Could you have it at home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Haha MK! He wears a collar around his neck stating it! And how much more rain did u send us!

Not sure about the rain, we've been clear since Wednesday!

Debbie - really humid there??
Still raining?
Neon colors seem to be the "it" colors this summer!

Kelly - Merlin loves to be outside too - he chews sticks, a lot!
We have to keep him tied though - our back yard isn't fenced.
Have fun at the alumni games!!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 07-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #67
Princess Proofreader

DS20 waiting for the triathlon to begin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evan before Rodney Miller Triathlon.jpg (28.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The alumni game was fun, as usual! DS15 and DS19 got to guard each other briefly (there was another set of brothers (same ages as my boys) in at the same time so that was fun!

MK, we had Bite on various tie outs at various times when he wasn't supervised. We had road construction that took out part of our fence for a while and he chewed through our cable 3 times (which didn't make DH very happy)
He loved to dig holes and roll in the mud too.

Debbie, hope you have a good day at work.

Becky, Cindy, Kaye, and Jenn, hope you are all having a nice weekend.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #69
Princess Proofreader

OMG - the digging has just started!
I think he's just bored.
He hasn't chewed through the cable yet - we've had to replace one though because DH ran over it with the lawn mower!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hello!

It's been a fairly good weekend. Went shopping with my mom yesterday and got a new swimsuit. Went to church this morning and then to TJ's. Just need to put everything away now and then make some lunch (small portobello mushrooms with crab and Parmesan cheese)

I think I may do a load of laundry too and then I think the kids and I are going to the pool!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #71
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's back to work I go.

We did however get our deck stained, purchased new furniture for the deck and it looks so nice! Decided the bird feeder had to go though.....too much activity right on the deck, if you know what I mean!!!!

deck.jpg

sitting area.jpg

MK - how long was the triathlon? DS looks like he is bored, lol!
And I would love to have the shower at my house or hers, but neither DD's want to do that. Neither of us really have room, but we could figure it out.

Jenn - your lunch sounded so good, that I did that without the crab and added some pizza sauce for MY lunch today!

SO ladies; did we decide that if you don't go to the wedding you don't have to send a gift? DD25's BFF/DH's Brother's wedding this weekend. DD23 and her DH are not going. Do they HAVE to send a gift? I am not sure what etiquette truly is.

Oh and I got new glasses on Friday! I had ordered them a week ago and with our vision insurance they have to be sent out - they came in EARLY!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I am really regrouping today, so kick my A$$ - I need it!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 07-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #72

Awake but not up. Working 12 more then on vacation.

Cindy, the deck looks great. Love the furniture.

MK, did your son have to rescue anyone??

Jenn, I hate trying on bathing suits. They have to fit my chest.

Becky, happy birthday to John.

Kelly, we will ne in Coranado Saturday. I have to find out the timing.

Kate, hope you are surfing your long stretch of work!!

DH drove me to and from work yesterday nice he is off on vacation already. It is nice having him drive me home at -11:30p. I also barely see him on my 12 hour days. When he drives me it gives us time together.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

I am down a pound...so two total. I'll take it...at least it's downward movement.

Cindy-your deck looks great! I still want to see the scarves I'm clueless about the gift. I think, if it was a good friend, I would send a gift. How was your lunch?

Debbie-Nice that DH can drive you. Are you all ready for your trip?

Will pop in later!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #74

Ready mentally for our trip. Need to pack. Did stop paper and mail. It isn't a long trip but I will overpack.

Jenn, 2 pounds is great.

DH is driving me. Yay!!

I still say we all need to get together for a long weekend.

I would go anywhere.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #75
Princess Proofreader

I exercised this morning, ran some errands, ate lunch, swept the driveway and I have a doc appt this afternoon!

Cindy - If you're invited to a wedding you're supposed to send a gift even if you don't attend. If you don't, you could risk alienating the couple. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant - even a gift card would be appropriate.

Your deck looks great! Unless you're inviting 100 people, it would be great to have it out there and a lot less expensive!

Jenn - congrats on the loss!!!

Debbie - I always overpack!! Even to the beach!

He didn't have to rescue anyone, another girl did though!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

I would love to get together for a shorties trip! I would beg beg beg John with all the Canadian fishing trips he couldn't hardly deny me'
Old 07-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello out there...
Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 AM   #78

I am on vacation!!!!!!

DH decided I should run this morning so we can see Bella later for dinner.
I need to get out there while it is some what cooler.

I also need to pack and go to the bank.

Be back later!!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #79
Queen Bargain Shopper

ok, I will tell DD at least a gift card of some kind. The couple getting married gave them $$ and a frame. My kids are living pretty tightly, so since they aren't going, maybe even a $25 gift card. I always figure if you go, you need to at least cover the cost of your meal. If you don't....then something. DD really doesn't want to do anything....but I will tell her she has to.

Working on baby shower - the place we want to have it - is the place we want to have it, so seeing if they can close off the one level so as not to distract on the level the shower would be on. September the weather would be very questionable - and for some reason DDs do not want it at either of our houses. That would take a lot of weight off my shoulders if we could get that done and space reserved. Did I tell you all the drama we HAD just prior to DD's wedding from DD25's SIL regarding this baby shower? With this family, it's always something!

JENN! 2lbs is great! My little friend at work (she is short 4'11, and young - 27, so that's why I call her little. ) and I were just talking about how on a short person - 5lbs can be a size!!!!

Debbie - I envy you going to CA!!!! Have fun!

We do need to get together......

And here are the scarves....notice the skulls on the neutral one!

scarves.jpg

Last edited by Radmom413; 07-09-2013 at 04:35 AM..
Old 07-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-
I had a full day yesterday...
I sat on an interview committee for a key hire in our HS (all day, I got there at 7am and got home a little after 4) They fed us lunch (sandwiches from Panera, I ate the inside of a tuna salad sandwich, had a salad, and chips, should've skipped the chips, but it was a "planned indulgence" day since we were having dinner with friends)
Anyway, the boys and I (DH is under the weather) joined friends for an amazing dinner. I have an old family friend who has a husband that is a chef (he's French) and I connected them with a friend here who have a son (DS19's best friend) in culinary school for an exchange for the daughter of one of their friends from France. So, the 2 chefs made an amazing dinner and I knew I would want to try everything, so planned day off from Atkins. I still logged my food for the day and I didn't do horribly even with wine and dessert. The young lady visiting from France hit it off incredibly well with all of the kids that joined us for dinner last night and I can tell she is going to have a blast while she is here. (our friends here have a large family of mostly boys, but they have one daughter that is the same age as the girl visiting from France, their daughter will return home with their guest for a couple of weeks for a true family exchange)

Cindy, love the scarves! The one with the skulls is fun!
Your deck looks gorgeous!

Debbie, I hope we can connect while you are here!!! I think I pm'ed you my cell, if I didn't let me know and I'll send it again.

Becky, it would be fun (and probably noisy as we all chattered and laughed) to have all of us get together in one place!

Jenn, 2 lbs is great! I'm always happy to see any movement in that direction (or some days just not to see it go the other way!)

MK, Merlin is going to keep you on your toes since it sounds like he's a lot like Bite! His walks sound like my walks with Bite too. (he never really did decide it was okay to walk on a leash but we kept going anyway)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #81

Almost packed.

Doing some work for bridal shower and half marathon I do medical.

Ran 6.5 miles. Super humid and in 70's but came in drenched.

Can't wait to see Isabella tonight.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Cindy-love the scarves...especially the skulls. I have buttons like that And it's so true about weight!

Debbie-have fun with Bella!

Kelly-So what did you eat???? I'm dying to know!!!!!

Becky-a get together would be fun! Where should we go?

MK-what are you up to today?

I need to run to the health food store and the grocer, and then taking Rhonda to meet one of her friends at Honeybees for a bit. VBS tonight.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #83

I find it hard to lose and 5 pounds is a lot for me to gain or lose.

I will try to call Kelly. I will look for your #. I know we will be in Coranado Saturday for dinner. We really aren't planning on doing much. Hiking Torrey Pines hopefully daily. Sitting at pool and reading. Bringing a Scrabble set. Eating way to much. Taking in a few sites. We may take a ride up the cost and go to a beach but since we don't have chairs, umbrellas etc we will probably stick to the pool.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

I vote for Nashville or Chicago, I've never been to either place. Or gatlinburg? What's pretty central to everyone? If we did it when johns in Canada we could do it here and my house would be open to whoever wants to crash here. We can have We have The Greene shopping, it's like a one of those outside shopping malls that are laid out like towns. I hear we better watch our purses from MK if we get together.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Since Jenn asked, dinner last night was wild salmon or chicken (we let them know ahead of time if someone didn't like or wasn't able to eat fish) a gorgeous green salad, bulgar with tomatoes, rice (which I skipped) pasta with a very unusual cheese type sauce (I had a tiny bit, but it was delicious!) fresh sautéed green beans, carrots Vichy (I think that was what they were called, they were cooked in Pellegrino and tasted as if they had been sweetened, but he told us the sparkling water brings out the natural flavor in the vegetable) AND last but most certainly not least crepes filled with nutella and topped with a very small bite of ice cream and a cookie.

Debbie, the boys have a tournament in town this weekend, so I'll be around. (in & out at the pool) Are you having dinner at Leroy's?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #86

Yes dinner at Leroy's Saturday night.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #87
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

So - busy day after an interesting doc appt yesterday!
Apparently I have IBS.
I've battled diarrhea on and off for years, never quite knowing when it would hit and ALWAYS having lots of Imodium around.

After a long doc discussion, I'm watching my diet and going on Librax.
I'm really hoping this works because it would be nice to lead a normal life!

Today went well - I went to the shooting range, a doggie play-date for Merlin and a 2.5 mile walk in 94 heat and no symptoms.
Fingers crossed that tomorrow is good too and the 14 hour drive to Florida is easy!

The bad part is - I have to rethink my eating. White rice, potatoes and bread now need to be a staple.
It's going to be interesting!

Debbie - you're going to have a great time! if you and Kelly meet, we want pictures!! And 5 lbs is a big deal for me too!

Becky - I'd love to get together - just put a lock on your purse!
And Indy would work too!

Jenn - You have such happy posts! I hope it's true IRL too!

Kelly - Merlin's walks are better. He does well on the leash and hardly ever pulls now - unless there's a walker or biker ahead or someone passes us. I'm hoping obedience class will help that. And see above - I want pics!!

Cindy - Sometimes the youngsters just don't know the proper etiquette. I guess we're still useful! And something similar to what they gave them would be totally appropriate. So yes, tell her she has to . . .

Love the scarves!! Can't wait to see them on you!!

And post a bigger pic of your avi! Love it!!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Indy would be good too, forgot anoit that!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:37 AM   #89
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wednesday.
Fighting something and considered calling in as I could use the day, but I won't.
DH OOT tonight, so picking up a salad from the salad bar at the grocery store and Drop Dead Diva and RHOC for me tonight.

Debbie - have fun and yes - if you and Kelly get together - PICS!

If you go on my FB, you will see the link to the wedding pics......you will be able to see a bigger one - there are many, many more of the three of us - I can't wait to see them - this was just one she posted!

And white stuff has to be a staple? Why?

Kelly - that dinner sounded heavenly. I wish I could have someone do that all the time!

Off to work.....sigh - I'd rather stay home and just chill.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #90

I have IBS. Self diagnosed but since going gluten free much better. I still have occasional issues. The thing with IBS is no one food really bothered me consistently. I thought it was fat, spinach you name it.

At airport. DH had us here by6:45 for a 9:45 flight.
Closed Thread