Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 04:29 AM   #31
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
We finally have summer - MK - sounds like you are having what we had up till about two weeks ago.

Work has been steady this week - quieter because of the holiday. Frustrated though to some degree - we have a "Schedule" because we are pulled in 5 million directions....and there are only 4 of us. We also scheduled lunch to ensure all four of us get to go.....with a scheduled time. My coworker - as she's walking out to lunch an hour early - says "what time are you going to lunch?" I looked at her and said my normal time"....even though it's my late day I am keeping my lunch time consistent as it's easier for everyone. She says well I'm going early. She thinks she can do this because she works out over lunch with our boss. WTH? I don't care if you work out with the boss AND the boss goes at different times because of meetings, etc, and she can......we have a schedule for a reason. We have been dealing with this for a long time.....and she also usually takes more than her allotted time....I wish I could say something but can't.....my co worker is a friend too. I just can't believe how some people take advantage......thanks for listening - I think I just needed to vent!

MK - glad Mom is doing well.
Becky - you are getting a lot of activity in lately - that is awesome!
Debbie - hoping you don't get the same kind of heat they had out west!
Jenn - I just saw a preview for The Conjuring. No thanks!!! I couldn't read the book either!

Off to work today - should be quiet. I am off then till Monday. So excited - DH and I heading to Montreal on 7/20. I took off the Friday before and the Mon/Tues the following week. Weren't sure when we were leaving and coming back, so will have a day off on both sides....I canNOT wait. They say going to Montreal is like going to Europe without leaving the country.

DD and DH head home tomorrow - they look like they have had a ball, but say they miss American food!

Plans for the 4th? Nothing here - we have the whole gang her Friday night. DH and I, I am thinking, may go on a bike ride......I fared pretty well last trip with ibuprofen and stretching and keeping it to a few hours.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Vent away Cindy. I almost never get my 30 minute break. It has been so busy and no one available to relieve me. I try to eat something while I chart. I bring a protein shake, cereal or granola bar or PPJ. This is the way it has been so much of my nursing career.

Montreal is beautiful. DH has gone for work.

DH going to a baseball game on the 4th. I work 12. DH off Monday when I work too. I could have taken off but didn't want to lose 12 hours of pay.

I can't wait till vacation. We leave a week from today. The plan is to sit by the pool a lot and get some hikes and runs in. We will try to see some sights. We have two dinners planned with reservations. One is at a restaurant in La Jolla my neighbor said we had to go to. The other a little bit north and we ate their last time. DH wants to go to the Midway Museum. Cousins husband playing golf at Torrey Pines one day.

Kelly, any must sees in San Diego area??
Old 07-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Good morning!

Cindy-as Debbie says-vent away!

Debbie-have a great time on your vacation!

A bit overcast right now. Looks like we may get some more rain. I need to clean the bathroom today and maybe do a load of laundry.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #34

Raining steadily here Jenn
Old 07-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-
Sorry I've been MIA. DS19's friend went home Sunday. He is a nice kid and it was really fun to get to know him. I'm glad he came for an extended visit.

DS15 had a great time in Annapolis. Several of the boys got sick and he told me he limited who could come in his room and did lots of hand washing because he didn't want to get sick. He missed his game last night because he didn't feel good. At least he tried and he did the right things to stay healthy.

Otherwise, I'm still running. The goal is 3x a week with a body weight workout 2x in between. (kinda along the lines of that primal workout MK mentioned, actually I've done some of those and they are good workouts) Right now, my in between days are either yoga or 3 sets of 20 squats, 10 push ups, 20 lunges, 10 dips, plank for 60 seconds. Right now I'm focusing on upper body strength along with my core, but the lunges always leave me at least a little sore. I'm up to most of my 3 sets of push ups being "guy" push ups. (I dropped to my knees after #7 of the last set yesterday)
I'm watching what I eat/drink and back to more of an Atkins mind-set. I even pulled out the book and skimmed again. (I did a few days of induction and then added berries)

As far as alcohol, it seems like after so many years of eating fairly lc, I'm really sensitive to super sweet tastes and I don't even like sweet drinks anymore for the most part. If I want one, usually I make it at home so I control the sweetness. (there is one exception at a local restaurant, they have a drink that is shaken with siracha peppers and then topped with ginger beer, its sweet with a little bit of bite at the end) I have gotten in the habit of having a couple of glasses of wine with DH when he comes in at night. I really like the wine and just sitting down with DH and a glass of wine. I won't live on a constant diet either, but I feel better eating less processed stuff/less sweets. Last night, I tossed a handful of raspberries in a wine glass and topped it off with club soda. It felt festive, was yummy, and still had the same feeling as sitting down with DH and that glass of wine.

Debbie, our "world famous zoo" is of course gorgeous, but the tickets are kinda pricey and I like the wild animal park too, but same thing. If you didn't make it to Balboa Park last time, you should definitely go there. Its an interesting mix of city/woods. There are museums, a theater, a restaurant, and some fabulous trails for hiking. Of course, I'm partial, but the ferry ride from downtown to Coronado is very nice. (those tickets are $4.50-I think- per person each way, so not bad!) There are some fun farmers markets in the area. The one here is small and only has food/flowers, but the one on Sunday's in Hillcrest has street musicians, vendors selling artsy/crafty stuff and all kinds of food stalls. Cindy's DD would love it because of the huge selection of vegan stuff. Its not as easy to stay gf eating from a food truck, but it can be done. You should also walk through one of our open air malls. My favorites are fashion valley and the outlet mall by the border (I think the name is Los Americas) You can actually see the border fence from that mall. There is a "True Food Kitchen" at Fashion Valley and they have a nice selection of gf stuff on the menu.
And, your DH's plans to see the Midway, definitely a good choice! (Its next to the ferry that comes here btw) There is also a maritime museum near the midway, but I think the Midway is a better choice.

Cindy, vent away! I would be frustrated with your co-worker too!
The only place in Canada I have been to is Victoria. It was absolutely gorgeous! I felt like I was in an English town.

Becky, you are doing so great with eating and moving! Keep it up! We're proud of you! I have actually seen a cat being walked on a lease a couple of times here, it always cracks me up. The other thing people here will do is to put their cat in a stroller type thing that is all enclosed so the cat can't escape and go for a walk with their cat like a baby in a stroller. That one always cracks me up too.

Jenn, sounds like an interesting book. Supposedly, DS19's school has a couple of haunted areas. His friend showed me a picture he took in the window and it certainly looks ghostly. He said they went up there on a different night and the window with that he took the pic of has no curtains and there is nothing right behind it. It was definitely a convincing picture.

MK, glad to hear your mom is doing well!
So funny about Merlin on a leash. Our dog in Ky "Bite" was half lab/half walker hound, so I would guess very similar to Merlin, and he never really did walk very well on a leash.

Kaye, so glad to hear DD's party went well. Waiting a little bit after everyone else's parties was a good plan!
Your posts always make me smile. Glad the chickens are tolerating each other and hope you get at least a few of those tomatoes.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #36

Kelly have you been to Leroy's Kitchen and Lounge??
Old 07-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

It cleared up here...no rain yet. I'm hoping maybe it will storm later!

Kelly-I love the Zoo. I've only been once but it was fantastic! My high school was haunted. Nothing major though.

Off to finish my cake for tomorrow
Old 07-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #38

Leaving work. Easy 4 as we had two nurses.

I have the National Zoo here. It is free. San Diego is supposed to be wonderful Zoo. DH was there once for some big fund raising event held there.

Rain stopped. Super hot and humid. May still have thunder storms later. Every day it is hot and humid storms can come.

Going home now. Will leave around 6 to run. Haven't figured out dinner.

Lazy and don't feel like cooking. Actually need to prepare food for picnic tomorrow but will most likely do in morning or watermelon will make it watery and same with cucumbers for salad I make using Daughter in laws family recipe. No oil. Easy and no real calories since all veggies.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
We've been suppose to have rain all week, have we seem it? No!!! And we need it now!

Stayed the same at Jenny. That is a Godsend since being on this prednisone! I have come to conclusions that I don't like prednisone. I have a turkey butler to take tomorrow, a side of sweet onion, pickle. Made some pasta salad cuz I know johns niece will have her pasta salad and I LOVE it! I am taking homemade au gratins and will allow my splurge to be that. I have my Jenny desert. IF I pull this off this is as close to staying on program that I've done for years and jenny allows some splurges And mine will be the potatoes! I love them.

Kimb went out at 220 for hopefully a 9 mile run. Man, I'm trilled doing what I'm doing, I would love to someday be doing what she is! She's worked for it tho, and trained during a divorce. That's hard but she says it kept her sane.

I'll check back later,

Oh Cindy! We have one of those too like u work with. I call it brown nosing!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, Leroy's is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite places to eat in town!!! I usually end up eating something off plan though. (like their blue cheese chips and the drink I mentioned that is shaken with siracha peppers) Oh yummy!

Jenn, we had a funeral home that was haunted in my home town. (appropriate, right) Anyway, you could see someone in the door at night from time to time. They changed the door several times thinking it was something in the glass, but still it was there.

Becky, I went out with my friend, we were supposed to go earlier and she got sidetracked so we went at noon. Our run was a walk because its humid and in the middle of the day. Still, at least we went.

I'm counting carbs and doing Atkins OWL at the moment. I just made a cheesecake shake recipe from another website and poured it into my popsicle molds for cheesecake pops. The carb count said 6g for the entire recipe and it made 6 popsicles, so that works out quite nicely for my limited math skills.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning and Happy 4th!

I think my scale might be broken. It is fixated on the same number no matter what. Think I may get a new one next week just to be sure! This morning was the first time I've weighed in almost a week.

Debbie-The National Zoo is wonderful too! I visited for one of my birthdays. Don't know if it still has them, but I remember painted animal tracks going to the different animals.

Kelly-that is spooky! Recipe for cheesecake shake please? I just picked some popsicle molds up and cheesecake pops sound good!

Becky-we could use some rain too! Good for you for staying on plan today!

Cindy-were you working today or do you have off for the 4th?

MK-hope you are well!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #42

At work. Already ate two things I shouldn't have. Hope my stomach is OK. One not supposed to have flour in it. I brought fruit and a salad.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #43
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Old 07-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #44

Slow here! Hope it stays this way but I am sure it will get busier later.

Hope you are all having a fun 4th
Old 07-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy July 4th to my favorite online friends!

We've had a fun day, DS15 and I started early with the annual 5/15k (as volunteers) that benefits our local sports programs. It was a crazy/chaotic start to the day and a late start to the race... (there were changes in key organizers and the guy that was supposed to be the race coordinator told all of us everything was under control for days, but it actually wasn't, anyway, lots of venting happening at the volunteer check-in area)

Otherwise, the boys went to the parade with their friends, DH and I did our typical parade viewing (we walk in the opposite direction the parade is moving and don't stay for the whole thing-you see twice the parade in half the time) we strolled through the park that is normally full of delicious food vendors. This year there were only hot dogs, dominos pizza, fish & chips, popcorn & sweets. So, I had planned on having lumpia as a planned cheat because its so yummy and I only have it on the 4th, but I ate on plan since the lumpia people weren't there. (I took it as a sign to stay on plan ) DH and I ended up having lunch at Leroys (the place Debbie asked about) I had fish tacos and skipped the tortilla and they were yummy and just right. We circled the rest of the way through the parade and came back along the ocean and meandering through town, so even though I didn't "officially" exercise, I rode my bike to/from the run and we did a ton of walking.

Jenn, the cheesecake popsicle recipe was a breakfast shake recipe from sugar free Sheila. I think it tastes like cheese cake, so I renamed it. Anyway, it was 3 raw eggs (you could use about a half cup of egg beaters or pasturized raw eggs if you would rather) 3 oz cream cheese-softened, 1/4cup heavy cream, 1TBS of davincis or other sugar free syrup, put it all in the blender until its smooth and then I poured it into my Tupperware popsicle molds and froze it. The recipe is about 6g carbs (not sure about cals/fat etc) total and it made 6 popsicles.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #46
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Lovely day today.
DD29, her BF and his son came over for a cookout.
BF used to be a chef with Wolfgang Puck and made us amazing ribs and white chocolate cheesecake!! I made potatoes and Cooler Corn and salad.

Beautiful weather and a fun afternoon!

Kelly - sounds like a great day!! I did have to look up lumpia, though.
They don't have those around here!
Great way to watch a parade!!

Quote:
Our dog in Ky "Bite" was half lab/half walker hound
Very similar dogs!!!

Debbie - hope you had a slow day!

Cindy - I bought the Blood Orange Mikes - really good!!
Vent here all you want! That's just not right!!!
Montreal will be fabulous!!

Jenn - if your scale is stuck on a good number, then keep that scale!!
DD26's sorority house is haunted too - and her first college dorm!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 07-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #47

Still at work. About 90 minutes more. Want to run ar
Old 07-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #48

Around 7:30am if I can get up. Tomorrow I get a haircut at 10 and car in at 1.

Sounds like nice days MK and Kelly. What is lumpia? Maybe I didn't read it well on my iPhone screen.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

MK.,.!guess where ur rain went??? Yup! Straight to us. We really needed it tho and wouldn't be too upset if it was a couple of days worth

We didn't go to fireworks tonight. This is the first year we haven't gone. Now I wish we had taken the girls. I did a good job following Jenny, not 100% cuz I used my allotted splurge they gave us since it was a holiday, actually they said a whole meal and i only used my au gratins. So I feel i did really good.

Going to get our camper to sleep. I hope everyone had a good day. Debbie, I didn't do the race, I didn't plan my time getting the au gratins ready and since I didn't sleep well last night I didn't hear the alarm go off at 5. I have to send my shoe tag back to thm or be charged $20!! Yikes!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #50
Princess Proofreader

Becky - glad you can use the rain! My friends in KY are building an ark!

I can see the Country Club's fireworks from our backyard, so I'm kind of watching those . . .
though I swear somebody is setting them off in the park behind our house - they sound really close!!

Debbie - I had to look lumpia up ~ they're like fried spring rolls.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #51
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Rise and shine!

Today is exercise, pedi, and DS24 will be home tonight!!
Yay!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Today is painting after the girls leave. Johns gonna do the sunken living room ceiling for me and I'm secretly hoping he might keep going and do the dining room ceiling. I still have so much painting to do and then clean up the mega mess beforehand party! I haven't cleaned up since one been going and there's keen stuff added to the mess that the girls haven't put away, I left them slide and now I wish I hadn't. I may have to hire Alyssa to help me get ahold of even my own mess! I always give her $5 for helping so she has some spending money if she sees a toy or an outfit that she wants when k is out somewhere. She always showse what she buys and is so proud of it cuz she worked and saved up for it,

Still raining and that's ok. Not a holiday so it can rain cuz we need it badly. Sinus are wrecked and throat is sore from the drainage, a small price to pay when tr grass is stressed like it was'

MK... Hoping to wait til next Friday to get my fill forum nails andante I'll be almost done with the painting.

Everyone have a nice day.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #53
Queen Bargain Shopper

Morning!
Forgot to post for a couple days!

We have been working around the house - and long over due.

And DD and DSIL came home last night! They decided it made more sense, but stopped in Milwaukee on the way up here to check on the house and pick up DSIL's drums - he has a show here in GB tonight. They brought us amazing gifts! DH got the coolest license plate that says BERLIN and I got, not one, but TWO scarves!!!! One from Paris and one from Berlin!

I did not work yesterday Jenn! It is a national holiday and the college was closed!

Hanging with DD today and working - already - on DD25's baby shower. We hope to go to venue we want to have it at and get that reserved.

love and hugs to you all!!!!

Last edited by Radmom413; 07-05-2013 at 04:42 AM..
Old 07-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

If you're having it somewhere other than your house, it's probably not too early to get started on some stuff, Cindy, if Kim marry's Cory I will be holding at 2 granddaughters but will also be blessed with a grandson as Cory has a 6 year old son. And he's neutered. Cory, not Noah, lol.

Looks like the rain is here for the day. Super excited as we need it bad! Weather reports kept saying rain for the whole week and they LIED coz we only got it yesterday and today. Suppose to rain tomorrow too but I haven't seen the percentages.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #55

got up a bit later then I planned but still got a run in. Off to shower and leave for hair cut. Then car at 1. Will probably run some errands in between. Haven't planned dinner yet either.

DH working since he is off all next week. Coming home early though.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Just popping in for a minute. My brain still hasn't woken up yet.

Kelly-those sound delicious! May have to give them a try.

MK-no! It's not a good number at all!

Becky-enjoy your painting! Wish we would get rain here. Seems to keep passing us by

Cindy-pics of the scarves?

Debbie-hope your day running errands is good

Had a nice day yesterday. Stayed home and had a cookout. We decided we were too tired to go see fireworks, so we didn't go. We're going to go tonight though. I did watch the Capitol celebration on tv. It was really good and I enjoyed it.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-

DH, DS15 and I basically skipped the fireworks too. You could sorta see someone's from my living room window and I watched those for a while. There are houses and tall trees between us and the ocean so those things were in the way. Because of our location, and because every town does their own fireworks, if you can get high enough we almost have fireworks in the round.
We can also see SeaWorld and the baseball parks fireworks and seaworld has them EVERY night in the summer, so it makes fireworks on the 4th less special.

Jenn, I went back to straight up Atkins by the book (not the first book, I think mine is early 2000's) I'm down what I was up from eating carbage with the kids and I'm determined to get back to a happier weight for me. I did overdo dairy yesterday since he says limited to 3 or 4 oz a day. I munched on cheese while everyone else ate chips so I was okay with that.

Becky, hope you get a lot done! Love it that Alyssa likes to help. That's so sweet.

Debbie, what MK said about the lumpia, they are deep fried and the ones we get are mostly meat on the inside. We usually get beef and chicken and DH and I share. They are a phillipino dish.

Cindy, glad the newlyweds made it home safe and sound. And, yes, pics please!
I'm sure it was good to have a short week at work after the wedding and company.

MK, I'm sure Merlin and Bite are very similar in personality. Bite was funny and great with kids. (and yes, lazy too)
Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #58
Princess Proofreader

Hi!
Toes are pretty and I did a little shopping too.
My mom needed some stuff and so did DS20.

Kelly - did Bite "slime" everyone? It was really funny yesterday when DD29, her BF and his son came over and they all went downstairs with Merlin. By the time I got there they were all wiping off their clothes . . . I had to laugh!

Becky - I'm sure Alyssa loves to earn money for her jobs!! Good training! And I'm sure Cory would be thrilled to know, that we all know, that he's neutered!
I have a great neon pink on my toes! Very beachy ~ and that's where we're going next week!

Jenn - all I want to do now is stay home! I'm really happy at home!!!

Cindy - I agree with Jenn - we HAVE to see pics of the scarves!!

Debbie - Hi!! Hope you're enjoying your day off!!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #59

MK got my toes done too. I would say hot pink.

I got hair trimmed. Really could have waited 7 more days but going away. Went to Loft and bought a pair of pants(cropped black and white seer sucker) and two shirts all on sale.

Went to DSW and bought two pairs of shows. One black Dansko sandal and a comfortable alternative to sneakers. Can't remember brand but feel cushy and cute.

Took my Civic for B service. Means it isn't free like A and they do all kinds of checks.

DH met me there and we went to. Restaurant called Founding Fathers for lunch.

Went to post office to stop mail and it was closed and had a pedicure.

Now I am paying bills and doing laundry. Lots to fold.

It is DS now 31's birthday. Boy I am not old enough for a kid that age.

Tomorrow we run and I don't know what else. I mentioned seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while.

Very hot here!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #60
Queen Bargain Shopper

Everyone is busy!

DD and I had a nice day yesterday. Decided shower venue was not what we wanted, so back to square one.

Had lunch at our favorite mexican place, Target, TJ, then home and had the whole gang for dinner - it was nice.

Today not sure what we are doing, if anything - DD claims she's not going back till tomorrow - she has her own car and DSIL has a show tonight at Summerfest and she says she is not going to go alone, battle traffic, people and parking to sit and watch him - alone. Can't say I blame her!

I am fine doing nothing today.

Scarves will get a pic of......Berlin scarf is a neutral and edgy with silver skulls hanging form some of the fringe - Paris scarf is a purple floral.

So Debbie and MK are gone next week?
Kelly - DH wants to go back on Atkins.......

Off for more coffee....we could do some yard work today, but don't think I want to.
Closed Thread