Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Life has been crazy for me. Friday, took DS14 to the DR (had a mole removed), we are test driving a new car, dryer broke, got rid of our house guests, visited my parents, took DD11 to drop her off for camp, DS14 is staying with my parents, DH left this morning with his dad/wife for KY as his Uncle died!

Me, I am at home, BY MYSELF! How will I manage??? I am thinking quite nicely! I should clean, but I probably won't. Tonight, I am thinking movie/pizza (it's an UP day) and reading! Sounds perfect, doesn't it???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Guess what???? I DID IT!!! Ran (jogged/waddled/whatever!) for TWENTY minutes straight this morning! WooHoo! Simply Amazing!!!

Monica, we still have another week. We leave on the 4th Scale still isn't budging, and I'm so close to throwing in the towel until after the trip, but I'll hang on at least another week

Danielle, restarting low carb really did help me feel better... much better energy and less mood swings. I've been dragging the last couple of days, but we were out way too late Wed night & just need to catch up on sleep I think.

It's Friday! Yay! We also have cooler weather coming up. That's always a good thing in the middle of summer

I am late I know! But congrats!!! 20 mins woohooo go girl
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Life has been crazy for me. Friday, took DS14 to the DR (had a mole removed), we are test driving a new car, dryer broke, got rid of our house guests, visited my parents, took DD11 to drop her off for camp, DS14 is staying with my parents, DH left this morning with his dad/wife for KY as his Uncle died!

Me, I am at home, BY MYSELF! How will I manage??? I am thinking quite nicely! I should clean, but I probably won't. Tonight, I am thinking movie/pizza (it's an UP day) and reading! Sounds perfect, doesn't it???
Life has been crazy for you....glad you get some time to yourself enjoy it because it will be gone before you know it.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #244

Liz how was your weekend away???????
Old 07-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Thanks girls! Today was 20 minutes plus a 3 minute walk & then another 5 minute run. Wednesday they expect 26 minutes straight! It's really interesting how our bodies adjust & endurance goes up! Oh, I ended up with 'runner's chills' for the first time today. I've seen them wrap like marathoners in blankets as they finish, but was surprised when my measly 25 minutes had my body scrambling to regulate temperature. I did some reading and it has something to do with your core temp going up during exercise and then your cooling mechanisms get busy cooling you down... then when you suddenly stop producing heat (stop exercising) your body doesn't notice this right away and the cooling continues until you're too cold. Yeah. Something like that. lol. About 20 minutes after my workout, after stretching, etc. I was just freezing! Added a sweatshirt & a blanket and hit google for some answers. It's really common and apparently nothing to worry about.

Monica, I love how busy you are and remember those days so fondly. I swear it will slow down and you'll be wondering what to do with your time most days instead of the rare occasional day here and there

Liz, hope you had a great weekend!

Hi to everyone else! Hope to see you 'round here soon

Oh, and I was at 187 the last couple of days, still bouncing, but staying under 190. So it goes...
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks girls! Today was 20 minutes plus a 3 minute walk & then another 5 minute run. Wednesday they expect 26 minutes straight! It's really interesting how our bodies adjust & endurance goes up! Oh, I ended up with 'runner's chills' for the first time today. I've seen them wrap like marathoners in blankets as they finish, but was surprised when my measly 25 minutes had my body scrambling to regulate temperature. I did some reading and it has something to do with your core temp going up during exercise and then your cooling mechanisms get busy cooling you down... then when you suddenly stop producing heat (stop exercising) your body doesn't notice this right away and the cooling continues until you're too cold. Yeah. Something like that. lol. About 20 minutes after my workout, after stretching, etc. I was just freezing! Added a sweatshirt & a blanket and hit google for some answers. It's really common and apparently nothing to worry about.

Monica, I love how busy you are and remember those days so fondly. I swear it will slow down and you'll be wondering what to do with your time most days instead of the rare occasional day here and there

Liz, hope you had a great weekend!

Hi to everyone else! Hope to see you 'round here soon

Oh, and I was at 187 the last couple of days, still bouncing, but staying under 190. So it goes...
Old 07-30-2013, 05:19 AM   #247

Tami - way to go! As for cold/chills, I got those horribly when I ran, only it was typically just in the winter. I would get so cold, then warm while running my skin would be bright red under my clothes. Then I would shower and shiver for HOURS! Sometimes all day long! So, look for it to be worse if/when the weather gets cold! You are doing great, keep it up.

Me, it is still raining here. I haven't walked since last week. Too WET! Hoping tomorrow morning will be dry enough.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, a lot of first hand reports I found said the same thing about being chilled for hours. Our bodies are so weird! Wonder if all that shivering helps burn calories?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Ladies - My weekend away was great! I am sad to be back at work they always seem to fly by. Didnt help I came back to a ton of work. I got most of it knocked out yesterday though

I ate off plan the entire time but I am not going to sweat it on ward and down ward!! I will see 40lbs total loss soon enough.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Monica, a lot of first hand reports I found said the same thing about being chilled for hours. Our bodies are so weird! Wonder if all that shivering helps burn calories?
Im gonna say yes
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #251
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: goodeats
Stats: 218/170/130 - 5' 2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October, 2012
Is it too late to join this thread? My personal goal was to be at my goal weight by the end of October for a Halloween dance, but I really don't think it will happen now. I've been stalled for the last 6 months and I'm finally on my way again. I need a good challenge to keep me in the right direction. My BF helps a lot and is very supportive. Years ago he lost 55lbs and has kept it off. That was long before we met. We met at my highest weight and I couldn't understand why someone his size would be interested in someone my size. It turned out that he truly likes me for who I am and is very supportive and helpful in picking the right kinds of foods and exercise. I'm having a blast with life right now and hope I can dance this fat right off.

goodeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Liz, so glad you had a great weekend... sorry about work piling up! I have no doubt you'll see that 40 pounds gone very soon!

Goodeats, welcome! Your boyfriend sounds like a great guy! Lucky you I'm curious, did you do anything different to break your stall? You've made great progress so far!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #253

Quote:
At my peak of running, 45+ miles a week, I didn't lose 1 single pound....so I don't think shivers helped me at all!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodeats View Post
Is it too late to join this thread? My personal goal was to be at my goal weight by the end of October for a Halloween dance, but I really don't think it will happen now. I've been stalled for the last 6 months and I'm finally on my way again. I need a good challenge to keep me in the right direction. My BF helps a lot and is very supportive. Years ago he lost 55lbs and has kept it off. That was long before we met. We met at my highest weight and I couldn't understand why someone his size would be interested in someone my size. It turned out that he truly likes me for who I am and is very supportive and helpful in picking the right kinds of foods and exercise. I'm having a blast with life right now and hope I can dance this fat right off.
sounds like you have a keeper there. WELCOME to the group. You have done really well with 48 pounds gone! JOIN in, we love new people~
Old 07-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #255

Liz - thrilled you have a great weekend...I'm STILL jealous!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #256
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: goodeats
Stats: 218/170/130 - 5' 2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October, 2012
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Tami, I did change what I was eating. I've been eating low carb and sugar, but honestly I've been cheating. I would bounce between 4 and 6 lbs up and down. I've never been down below 168, so that's where I'm headed now. On 7/18 I started being strict with myself and it's paying off. No bad carbs and I've been really good about not eating anything with sugar. I just have to be strong about not eating those things. Once I have a little bit of them, I cave.

goodeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Welcome goodeats! It is never to late to join. Glad to hear you made it past your stall... I think we all tend to fall into those ruts. But you were able to get yourself back on track and that's all that matters.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
At my peak of running, 45+ miles a week, I didn't lose 1 single pound....so I don't think shivers helped me at all!
You're killing me here! 45+ miles a week and the scale didn't move? I going to go run off a bridge I'm sure you felt great and noticed other benefits, right?

Goodeats, that's awesome! It is hard to totally give up those things. Dairy is my nemesis, well that and the fact that I'm awfully stubborn about giving it up. May have to do that in the near future, though. And maybe coffee, too... lord knows I don't want coffee without dairy.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Hey guys! Well, I am so sorry that I have been missing....internet was down :P
Hope everyone was well.
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:41 AM   #260

Quote:
You're killing me here! 45+ miles a week and the scale didn't move? I going to go run off a bridge I'm sure you felt great and noticed other benefits, right?
I didn't change what I ate. I just ate the same. For me, it proved, you cannot OUT MOVE your calories. You are following a good eating plan, I am sure you will see the scale move, but in my opinion, it will have little to do with your running and more to do with your eating! Of coarse there are great benefits to all exercising, which is why I still do get out and move, I just don't run anymore!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:41 AM   #261

Beara - nice to see you again! All is good, you were missed!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #262

Dh is back from his trip to KY. They got in late last night. DD11 check in from camp this morning, all is good with her. DS14 is being catered to by my parents. Yesterday they did an arcade/laser tag thing. Today they are taking the boat out on the lake...and they will let HIM drive! Everyone is loving LIFE!!!

I had a good DD yesterday. Today is an up day! We have plans with friends for dinner, I plan to save 1100c just for it. I should be good to go!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Beara! Good to see you back!

Monica, I've always heard weight loss is 90% diet, so I guess it really doesn't surprise me. I'm just curious, but what made you stop running? You were obviously logging some serious miles so must have enjoyed it? Glad hubby is home and that the kids are having a great vacation Gotta love grandparents
Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #264
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hey girls! I'm back. At least that's the intention I'm going to attempt lc'ing again. I believe my body is demanding it and is letting me know it loud & clear. The last few weeks I've had MAJOR swelling and bloating in my tummy..to the point that I look like I am a million months preggo and it hurts! Amazed at how quickly I have gained weight despite not eating more than 1800 cals on any given day..some days a tad more and others way less.. it doesn't make sense to me.. thinking maybe it's the crap carbs doing it? I dunno

DD17 had her gastro appt yesterday...waiting on bloodwork and she is to continue eating gluten for the next 6 weeks.. just want answers! She has been told not to drop anymore weight so we have to up her calories big time. This should be fun. NOT!!!

Going to see Bruno Mars tonight. First time I've really felt like doing anything and I'm kinda excited.

I'm so far behind here so I'll just say it's good to be back amongst friends & welcome to our new ladies.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Danielle we have missed you. Good luck on getting back to low carbing... I am back at it as well and you will feel great after the first week. Just have to buckle down and do it.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #266

Quote:
Hi Beara! Good to see you back!

Monica, I've always heard weight loss is 90% diet, so I guess it really doesn't surprise me. I'm just curious, but what made you stop running? You were obviously logging some serious miles so must have enjoyed it? Glad hubby is home and that the kids are having a great vacation Gotta love grandparents
I ran my last 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) in APril of 2010. I suffered an injury while training and I never really stopped to let it fully heal. That injury morphed into full blown Plantar fasciitis with a heal spur. That injury went from really bad to right down awful. I had to stop all weight baring exercise for my feet for over 9 months. I went to a podiatrist, a accupuncturist and finally a chiropractor. When it finally healed up completely in June of 2011, I tried to start up again and my BACK was suffering major issues. It was then that DH and I decided to start walking each morning together. That has actually been a great thing for us. When I was a runner, I let it CONSUME me. I tend to be all or nothing. I wasn't happy unless I was training for something and doing major miles to get there. On Saturday's I would get up at 3:30 a.m. so I could get on the road running by 4:00 and have my "long run" done before the kids woke. It was CRAZY! I honestly let it take over me!

Yes, I am certifiably INSANE! I am living proof you simply CANNOT exercise out the calories you consume!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #267

Danielle great seeing you girl! That stinks that DD17 has to have gluten for 6 more weeks! DANG IT! You can hop back on girl. Do it for YOU! You're worth it!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Danielle! I've missed you! Have a blast at the concert tonight! I know you will As much as I hate to admit it, my body really does so much better without simple carbs. I was having some bloating as well as interesting mood swings that a couple of times had me really wondering about anxiety attacks. I'm not sure yet if the foul, snappy, mood & anxiety issues were diet related or not, but I'm hopeful that they're gone with the sugar & starch. Blah.. why does that stuff have to be soooo good?!? Good luck with DD. 6 more weeks of food she knows makes her feel bad plus more of it? Not fun.

Monica, thanks for sharing. A major injury like that is my biggest fear right now and I'm no where near as vested in running as you were. I can see where constantly wanting to do more & push harder would be addicting. I'm already mapping out the next steps after C25K... I AM trying to take everything really really slowly, though. Your foot sounds like my back and being completely side lined again sounds miserable... as you know. If I can keep this up I'd really like to do the Tinkerbell half marathon at Disneyland in January of 2015.... huge pipe dream at the moment... but should be doable. And yes, once I saw that race I was like 'I want to do that NOW!' but I'm realistic enough to realize that a half marathon by this coming January is not in my best interest if it were even possible - likely not with this old body of mine. I really do need to take this sloooow. So I'm hoping that pipe dream will keep me going for the next year and a half at least
Old 08-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Helloooo ladies..

Just been reading up and catching up on the last few pages...

Missed you all but been had a busy week or so and been feeling proper icky since Monday afternoon. Yesterday (my day off) was supposed to be a day of cleaning and getting the house in order but I couldn't get out of bed! Walked across to my weigh in first thing. I'd gained a 1lb but think that's more to do with TOM than anything else then came home put my PJ's back on and curled up on the couch with the cats till Wayne came home then had tea and went to bed... not slept AT ALL so feeling like I need matchsticks to keep my eye's open this morning, glad I only do 1/2 days on Thursday!

4 hours left till home time.... I want my bed so bad! x

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #270

Tami - stay on your C25K plan and injury is less likely! If something is injured, you simply must take time off...that was the part I didn't get. It was something I could never quite wrap my head around. It isn't ALL or NOTHING!

Gina - Feel better girl!

It's FRIDAY - EVE! That's a step in the right direction. DD11 is at a camp that allows cell phones and calling home. It doesn't work well to have that ability. I think talking to me makes it more difficult for her. She is struggling a bit and she has been to several camps and has NEVER struggled! DS14 on the other hand, he is doing great just hanging out with my parents! I will get to see them both on Saturday!

We had a great dinner with friends last night. Talked for a long time. It was nice! Today is a DD and I'm hungry! Hoping some water gets that growling under control!