Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
While we are speaking of yummy food... I had chipotle for lunch yummy I get the salad with just lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, sour cream and cheese no salad dressing needed
Lize636 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Dropping in quick.. sorry I disappeared, yet again. My dad passed away last Monday. Older kids went to CA and have been there prior to his passing and are on their way home today.. DD16 waffled(sp?) back and forth to go and ended up deciding no. It's been a very long week and a half..I feel like I haven't slept. Dealing with alot of emotions tied to his death and his reasoning in not asking to see me before he passed.. all very surreal.
Doing my best to get back on the wagon..trying to just eat intuitively and listen to my body..I just wish i was one of those people who lost all appetite when emotions run high

Will try to catch up this weekend..there is lots to read! On a fun note, hubby bought me a new (well, new to me!) car..been a fun distration the last couple days.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
While we are speaking of yummy food... I had chipotle for lunch yummy I get the salad with just lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, sour cream and cheese no salad dressing needed
Thats what I do too! Sometimes I swap the sour cream & cheese for guacamole....I love Chipotle!
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Oh danielle Im so sorry. My prayers are with you and yours
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Danielle, so sorry for your loss girl!
My thoughts are with you - take care *hugs* xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Dropping in quick.. sorry I disappeared, yet again. My dad passed away last Monday. Older kids went to CA and have been there prior to his passing and are on their way home today.. DD16 waffled(sp?) back and forth to go and ended up deciding no. It's been a very long week and a half..I feel like I haven't slept. Dealing with alot of emotions tied to his death and his reasoning in not asking to see me before he passed.. all very surreal.
Doing my best to get back on the wagon..trying to just eat intuitively and listen to my body..I just wish i was one of those people who lost all appetite when emotions run high
Danielle

I know with your family drama emotions had to have been running high and I'm so sorry you and the kids have to deal with it all. Any chance things can smooth out a bit now? Maybe a silver lining? btw, I'm not on one of those people either. Wouldn't that be nice?

Congrats on the new car. What did ya get?
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
That does sound good! I gave Chipotle a try when they first opened here years ago and wasn't really impressed despite my kids wanting to live there and eat every meal there. lol. I guess I'm going to have to give them another try!

I hit 188 this morning. I know a lot of it is probably still water weight? but I'm enjoying seeing the scale move a bit anyway! If I get to 185 I'll probably die! It's been so long since I've seen any real progress and honestly aren't to my previous low of 187 just yet, so this still doesn't seem like progress to me... it will soon, though! Please let it continue!

Edit to say... looking at my stats I wonder if I'm imagining the 187? I swear I did see that number a couple of months ago? Oh well... tiny detail...

Last edited by misscobi; 07-18-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Danielle- I am sorry to hear of your Dad's passing and all the emotions around it. I will be thinking about you and the family. Hang in there girl.

Tami- I am at 188 this morning too!!! I am on week 2 and still surprised to see movement on the scale everyday, hope is continues for us both.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

I hope so, too, Liz!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

I thought I would share how I struggled and succumbed yesterday.

I checked the calendar and sure enough, I am one week away from my period. Holy cow, my cravings have really been under control for the last month and a half since i restarted induction, but yesterday was intense. I wanted salty,sweet,spicy,sweet, etc etc. and it didn't seem to stop! I managed to eat almost all legal foods to try to kick the cravings, and I surely went over my carb limit but at least I kept it relatively legal. It could have been far worse I suppose.

But I am laughing because I ate so much stuff.....I ended up eating pork rinds (2.5oz approx) dipped in sour cream, then later a Quest bar....this was a few hours after lunch. After dinner I ate some natural pb mixed with splenda (not allowed on Induction), then I ate some cheese. THEN before bed I had an Atkins Indulge bar (also not induction legal, but I keep them around if I desperately need something at night only). I chewed sugarless gum too. I"m pretty sure that I ate something else too but I can't recall what it was.

As I said before I know it could have been worse, but this was an eye opener to me that the older I get, the more powerful the TOM becomes. I am trying to be good and I'm proud that I didn't eat anyting like ice cream or cookies - which we have in the house by the way.

Whew - today is another day!

Last edited by Stacy O; 07-18-2013 at 09:51 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Stacy, I think you handled that pretty well! Like you said, it could have been so much worse! Good luck today!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #193
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Tami - I think you will have a GREAT time! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Stacy, your dinner sounds awesome...yours too Tami!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #194

Danielle - I am sorry for your stress. Your Dad is/was what he was. I am also sorry for the sorrow/stress he brought to your life. It's bitter sweet, I'm sure. Know that you are a GREAT Person and you have a wonderful family! YOUR FAMILY! You are a much better parent than the example you were shown. Family is what it is, you can't choose them, they are handed to you. we have missed you here girl. Let LIFE settle down before you get too hard on yourself about DIET!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #195

Stacy, you said it yourself, YOU Could have done much worse!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #196

I chipotle! It is one of my favorite places to EAT! I hunt it down wherever I go!

I seem to be having trouble remembering what day today is! It's FRIDAY EVE and yet, I will stop and think, is it really THursday already??? Summer is catching up to me and yet, it is almost done. Kids go back to school in less than 4 weeks. :SHHH: we won't mention that to them !!! Upsetting is what it is to them!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #197

It's a DD, but tomorrow is FRIDAY and an UP DAY!!!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #198

Watched Top Gun last night with the kids. .... oh my , they all look like BABIES now!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #199

Good morning all! It's FRIDAY! Bring on the weekend!

Had a good DD yesterday, so I am full on ready to enjoy my UD! Weekend is fairly calm for us. Have some friends coming in, but fairly low key for us. Relax, maybe watch a movie or 2, catch up on TV, READ?? who knows!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
It's a DD, but tomorrow is FRIDAY and an UP DAY!!!!!
I Luuuurrrvvveee that movie!!
Scary how young they look though I agree

Glad your DD went well... I'm plodding along with my 1600 cals, saved some up today so I can have a few glasses of wine tonight. I'm going to give this 4 weeks if I'm not getting anywhere I'm going to do JUDDD and just not tell her tee hee!!

Last edited by Genie80; 07-19-2013 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: I 'quoted' the wrong post, should have been the one before!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
I thought I would share how I struggled and succumbed yesterday.

I checked the calendar and sure enough, I am one week away from my period. Holy cow, my cravings have really been under control for the last month and a half since i restarted induction, but yesterday was intense. I wanted salty,sweet,spicy,sweet, etc etc. and it didn't seem to stop! I managed to eat almost all legal foods to try to kick the cravings, and I surely went over my carb limit but at least I kept it relatively legal. It could have been far worse I suppose.

But I am laughing because I ate so much stuff.....I ended up eating pork rinds (2.5oz approx) dipped in sour cream, then later a Quest bar....this was a few hours after lunch. After dinner I ate some natural pb mixed with splenda (not allowed on Induction), then I ate some cheese. THEN before bed I had an Atkins Indulge bar (also not induction legal, but I keep them around if I desperately need something at night only). I chewed sugarless gum too. I"m pretty sure that I ate something else too but I can't recall what it was.

As I said before I know it could have been worse, but this was an eye opener to me that the older I get, the more powerful the TOM becomes. I am trying to be good and I'm proud that I didn't eat anyting like ice cream or cookies - which we have in the house by the way.

Whew - today is another day!
You deserve a pat on the back. Those kind of days are hard. We all just need to recognize that those days will happen and even if we do slip get back up and keep on keeping on!!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Tami - Enjoy your weekend! I am relaxing this weekend to. I am really looking forward to it been a while

Last edited by Lize636; 07-19-2013 at 08:42 AM..
Old 07-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Had a good DD yesterday, so I am full on ready to enjoy my UD! Weekend is fairly calm for us. Have some friends coming in, but fairly low key for us. Relax, maybe watch a movie or 2, catch up on TV, READ?? who knows!
What??? This does not sound like you at all! Enjoy!!!

Well, the scale was at 190 this morning... proving my suspicion that I'm still not making any real progress. Oh-well. Eventually that darned thing is going to have to cooperate! Finished week 5 of C25K this morning! Week 6 is scary with a 20 minute run at the end of next week! WTH? I swear I'm not ready for that! Then every run after just adds on a minute or two of running to that 20 minutes. I think I've already voiced my concern over next week It's pretty concerning at the moment & I'll probably whine about it some more before & after that day arrives Sorry! :
Old 07-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Finished week 5 of C25K this morning! Week 6 is scary with a 20 minute run at the end of next week! WTH? I swear I'm not ready for that! Then every run after just adds on a minute or two of running to that 20 minutes. I think I've already voiced my concern over next week It's pretty concerning at the moment & I'll probably whine about it some more before & after that day arrives Sorry! :
Well done, can't believe you have got that far! I have opted out temporarily as our current heatwave here in the UK is making my house a sauna - Heat Wave Continues Into Next Week for the United Kingdom

Typical brits, we complain when it's cold then complain when it's hot! Just no escaping it at the moment, I'm actually considering buying a paddling pool!!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, Gina, not fun at all! Our heat wave a few weeks ago that included humidity was really unusual for this area and miserable! I was up & out the door at 5:30 those mornings. Glad I don't have to do that on a regular basis. Normally I wake up between 5:30 & 6 and putz around a bit, get coffee started, dogs fed, and then head out between 6:30 & 7. Much later & it's still too hot, though. Is a paddling pool the same as a wading pool? Or is it more like a lap pool? Either way it sounds like a great idea! Anything to get out of the heat and cool off for a bit!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

By the way, I'm in an excellent mood today... I have to give some credit to low carb, I think. Maybe the running? Maybe the food? Something has given me a nice boost of energy this week and I really appreciate it! Plus my sis just posted an adorable new pic of my now 3 month old nephew and 'our' stray dog that we caught is doing amazingly well. Wait! Did I even tell you guys we caught her? The dog was out in a field for almost 4 months and after much worrying, tromping around a field, and begging I found someone with a trap and we trapped her. That's an insanely short version, but we got her and she's amazing. We got her last Saturday night, she was at the vet's Sunday and has been just perfect in her foster mom/captor's home ever since. She defers to all of the other dogs & just wants to please everyone. Easy easy girl with a cute quirky personality. She's a total love. Foster mom doesn't really want to keep her, but both her and her hubby are falling for her We do have a potential home in line, though, as long as she gets along with their other female dog. So far she's absolutely fine with foster mom's three dogs, so it's more about whether the other dog accepts her after being an only dog her whole life. We'll see. Anyway, great morning & I hope you guys are feeling the same
Old 07-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
What??? This does not sound like you at all! Enjoy!!!

Well, the scale was at 190 this morning... proving my suspicion that I'm still not making any real progress. Oh-well. Eventually that darned thing is going to have to cooperate! Finished week 5 of C25K this morning! Week 6 is scary with a 20 minute run at the end of next week! WTH? I swear I'm not ready for that! Then every run after just adds on a minute or two of running to that 20 minutes. I think I've already voiced my concern over next week It's pretty concerning at the moment & I'll probably whine about it some more before & after that day arrives Sorry! :
You know, there is no HARM in repeating a week of the C25K program. Say if you think next week is tough...and you want to repeat it. No rule you can't. The main rule is to not SKIP ahead!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #208

TAMI no you didn't tell us you all caught her! How great is that??? SO glad you all did that. I am sure she will really florish in a loving HOME! So happy for all involved!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #209

Sending out good thoughts to those we haven't seen in a few days. THINKING OF YOU ALL!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Ugh!!! Had a bad day yesterday. Sigh....but I got up this morning and got my butt to the gym!! I had eggs this morning so that is a good start. Its only gonna get better today!
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote