Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Now, my favorite lasagna is zucc/spinach combo. I LOVE IT! Matter of fact, I had it yesterday for lunch! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

That sounds good will have to give it a try!!
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning everyone!!

Kids DO get splinters, don't they? It's amazing that Gavin has gotten to the ripe old age of 9 before he got his first one!

It turns out we had to go to the ER - the coastal clinic didn't think they had the manpower to deal with the kicking/screaming/struggling kid.

What did the ER do? The doc told me we didn't strictly *have* to remove the splinter, it would probably come out on its own, but she could pop it out if I wanted that. I said that I did indeed want that. So.

One nurse used a pillowcase to trap his little arms behind his back. Just insert wrists and hands in the pillowcase right up to the shoulder, like you were covering a pillow. Then: wrap sheet around body with arms trapped behind. Easy peasy. Lay him down on his back. I held the sheet closed and sang "twinkle twinkle" and other hits, that was my job.

That left only the feet wiggling free, which the doctor and the nurse handled while tweezing out the nasty ole splinter. Took 10 seconds. Then the nurse scrubbed up the area pretty well, and we left. Done! Then we went to the park for the rest of the afternoon.

Thank you everyone for the lc induction suggestions - I remember now! And I can do this. My plan is: first 2 weeks of Induction, then lc JUDDD, but my DDs are going to be chocolate protein shakes. DD dessert.

Tami, I wonder if it might work for you to cut your carb window to one hour a day on UDs? Regular lc induction food in the morning and noon, a treat or reward meal at dinner? Like Carb Addict's Diet and JUDDD combined. And maybe DDs all lc too...?

Monica, we'll see what the moving company does Friday. It sounds like they're trying to wiggle out of responsibility, but we'll see.

Happy Wednesday all!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
OK your cheddar/spinach omlette sounds amazing! YUM YUM YUM and I haven't had tuna salad in ages. I may need to make some for tomorrow! I would think you could enjoy some red wine every once in a while . I thought the carb count on the dryer stuff wasn't awful!
Monica - I love omeletes and I eat them all the time...I'm pretty creative with them too

You are right, the dry reds aren't too high in carbs, but since I am so determined and on a roll this time (i.e. 6 weeks induction and not one cheat as of yet) I don't want to introduce it until I'm ready for OWL. The wine WILL trigger cravings for me...I just have a feeling about it and don't want to risk it. I have attempted Weight Watchers for the last year and a half....consistently plagued with cravings, then cheating, then not losing. I'm so happy I'm losing now on induction...I can't say enough about it!

Stacy O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
I am with you on this one Tami...not sure how long I will be doing LC but I may stick it out for a while and when I get tired of it take a break and come back to it when I am ready to get serious again.. I am a mess I know it lol why cant I just pick a plan and stick with it!!
This is so me. It seems like I've done LC forever and it is pretty much second nature, but I'm always thinking about what if I try this or that or... I probably do just need to stick with it. lol

Lynne, so glad Gavin's splinter is out and it sounds relatively non traumatic. lol. Poor kiddo. Sometimes that's just how it has to be, though. I'm sure he'd forgotten all about it by the time you left the park I'm impressed that you're going to combine lc w/ JUDDD. It sounds like a great way to go and really should get that scale moving! I'll be watching to see how you do as I consider the possibilities

Stacy, you're doing so well! Huge kudos for making it 6 weeks without cheating! Keep it up! Every time I've done really well on low carb (aka the last two times, not this time so much) it's been while being fairly strict and not cheating for long long periods of time. I think you're on to something there. It seems like as soon as I have a meal off plan the weight loss comes to a halt or slows way down, even if I get right back on track.

Ah, Wednesday... half way through the week! I'm so tired this morning. I went out early to look for the stray and to meet another woman out there who has a trap. We did find the dog, so that's a huge relief. She hadn't been seen since the 5th... at least not by anyone reporting in on the fb post about her. lol. So we found her, but couldn't get close. Not anywhere near as close as hubby and I did last week. I showed the other woman the place where I think the dog sleeps and she agreed it's a very likely spot and will set her trap up there, leaving it open for now hoping she'll get used to it and then really setting it to trap her this weekend when the trap can be monitored more closely. Our temps are more mild, but still in the mid 90's so we don't want to have her sitting in the trap for hours. She looked a little worse for wear this morning, but nothing horrendous. I have a feeling she'll need a ton of fox tail removal, but other than that just some food, patience & TLC. I didn't want to run before going out there cause I didn't want to be sore just in case we ended up trekking all over the place, so I made myself run after. It was too hot & I didn't finish all of the workout. I finished the first two running segments, but was back in the car before the third were to start. Blah. Oh-well. Onward I go.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #125
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Lynne - so glad that nasty splinter is out!!! Good luck with LC induction!

Stacy - I completely understand!

Tami - Move on girl! In the heat, better not to push yourself too hard!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Monica - I love omeletes and I eat them all the time...I'm pretty creative with them too

You are right, the dry reds aren't too high in carbs, but since I am so determined and on a roll this time (i.e. 6 weeks induction and not one cheat as of yet) I don't want to introduce it until I'm ready for OWL. The wine WILL trigger cravings for me...I just have a feeling about it and don't want to risk it. I have attempted Weight Watchers for the last year and a half....consistently plagued with cravings, then cheating, then not losing. I'm so happy I'm losing now on induction...I can't say enough about it!
Good for you Stacy!! 6 weeks cheat free is great
Old 07-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #127

It's FRIDAY - EVE girls! enough said!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's FRIDAY - EVE girls! enough said!

AMEN to that!!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, everyone's so quiet! It's been a busy day here and I thought I'd have a ton of catching up to do. YAY for Friday Eve!!! Now, where's Danielle? Hmmm?
Old 07-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
I finally got my gym membership renewed and started right away today!! Yay!!
Gonna take my little one to the fair tomorrow night. Cant wait!
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday ladies!!!

LCers- I went to Long Horn yesterday for lunch and had their new Ranchers Steak let me tell you it was delicious!! It had a fried egg and bacon on it. I liked it do much I went home and had fried egg on top of my left over chicken breast...that was yummy to

After lunch wasn't so good for me.... we had cake in the office for all the summer birthdays strawberry short cake ( my all time favorite). I was good and told everyone I would join in on the singing just not the eating. So after we sang I went back to my desk so I wasn't tempted. My not so lovely office mate thought it would be funny to keep tempting me with the cake. He pulled up his chair and practically made me watch him eat it while he make all those stupid yummm noises. I was so livid I wanted to hit him. So the only thing I could think to say is "people in my house get punched in the face for doing **** like that" I was so mad I wanted to cry. Who would do that to someone knowing they are on a diet. I could see if he didn't know but he knows we sit together and even talk about my dieting. I wanted to know everyone's opinion on this, honestly did I over react ??!!?!?! Was it silly of me to get so mad over something I am sure he meant as a joke?

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/174/164
Spring Fling 185/172/165
Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beara View Post
Good for you and enjoy the fair!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #133

Quote:
I wanted to know everyone's opinion on this, honestly did I over react ??!!?!?! Was it silly of me to get so mad over something I am sure he meant as a joke?
Liz, you did not overract. That was RUDE, Plain and simple. Guy's probably naturally skinny too. Maybe he just doesn't have a clue. Does he have a wife? I think she would punch him if he did something like that Joke or not, NOT FUNNY!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #134

I need to also admit here. My head is not at all in "weight loss" mode. I haven't counted anything in July. I can't seem to get my head back in it. IF I do manage a DD, I do count that, but UD's I haven't really done the math since JUNE! I am a MESS!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Liz, you did not overract. That was RUDE, Plain and simple. Guy's probably naturally skinny too. Maybe he just doesn't have a clue. Does he have a wife? I think she would punch him if he did something like that Joke or not, NOT FUNNY!
He isn't married but has a girlfriend that he is engaged to and I know she would punch him for that!!!

Glad I am not the only one who thought it wasn't very nice
Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I need to also admit here. My head is not at all in "weight loss" mode. I haven't counted anything in July. I can't seem to get my head back in it. IF I do manage a DD, I do count that, but UD's I haven't really done the math since JUNE! I am a MESS!
I think we all just kept our heads above water since the 4th.

Ladies it is time to buckle down and get it together!!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Lize636;16511383]Happy Friday ladies!!!

LCers- I went to Long Horn yesterday for lunch and had their new Ranchers Steak let me tell you it was delicious!! It had a fried egg and bacon on it. I liked it do much I went home and had fried egg on top of my left over chicken breast...that was yummy to

QUOTE]

Fried eggs are magical....over medium is my fave! This morning I had 2 eggs OM over bacon and arugula, so yummy!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That is exciting that you are starting at the gym...one of these days I will do that or something like that soon. I've been eyeing yoga and/or barre classes.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Happy Friday ladies!

Sorry I've been quiet for a week or so, just catching up and reading how everyones getting on!

I've missed you all

Quote:
I am so glad it's not just me!

I am now at 197!!! Totally my own fault, eaten absolute rubbish but had so much going on health/work wise that not even wanted to think about food or at least counting calories.....

I've been weighing in everyday.. in the hope that it might force me into being accountable No.. it hasn't!

I've decided bleughhhh to doctors opinion and I'm going to start JUDDD again on Saturday (as my Up Day) but do the EOD rotations this time, at least until I start to see results. JUDDD is the only thing I've ever tried that I can see working long term!

Started C25k with my first work out yesterday, wasn't as bad as expected: using the elliptical trainer and have found a cool app for my phone!

I have a meeting with HR on Monday... I kicked up a bit of a fuss and quoted disability law to my HR Manager when my Line Manager refused to help me out with something saying it was in the 'job role' sooooo I'm thinking the next step will be Occupational Health - we will see!!

Have a great weekend... mine starts in exactly 23 minutes!!!!

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME

Last edited by Genie80; 07-12-2013 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: I make no sense!
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Beara, Have fun at the fair & big kudos for getting to the gym for a workout! How are you feeling today?

Liz, you absolutely did not over react! I guess you could try having a talk with him and explaining how hard it was for you to walk away from the cake to begin with only to have him shove it in your face, but eh, either way you handled it fine. Steak & eggs & bacon... seriously, can it get any better? Yum!

Monica, how's your weight doing despite not counting? Could you be one of those lucky ones who only has to count DD's? They're easy to count

Stacy, I'm an over medium egg girl, too. Divine.

Genie, I think we all have little lapses, but to make this work over time you need to nip it in the bud and jump back on track. Sounds like you're doing exactly that... and as you know, that restarting is really the hard part! You're heads in the right place now, you're ready to restart, you'll do fine! Great job on the C25K! As far as exercise goes I'm enjoying it more than most things, which really isn't saying a lot. lol. I just finished week 4 which was WAY harder than week 3, but still doable. Week 5 mixes it up a bit, ending with two 7 minute runs a the end of the week. Should be interesting. Good luck with HR

Danielle... we miss you...

Lynne, hope all's still going well in the new place!

Well, as I said above, I finished week 4 of C25K today. I also decided to jump on the scale this morning for the first time since going back to low carb - 191.... this number really really likes me. Hoping to see something lower by Monday?

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Challenge update: I can't believe it; I weighed in today; I lost 4 more lbs!

Restarted Induction 5/31/13
5/31/13: 223 lbs. (5'7")
6/17/13: 215 lbs
6/29/13: 213 lbs
7/12/13: 209 lbs
Old 07-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #142
Junior LCF Member

I am feeling great missicobi! Thank you!
I went back again today....might feel that a little bit, but I knew the rest of the weekend was out for me so, I wanted to get that in.
I am really excited and it really helps to stay motivated.
I am in a walking challenge here on LC friends and it is so exciting to go home and tack up my miles on the board.
Thank God for this support!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

You are both doing so well!!! Way to go Stacy & Beara!!! I love that you guys only recently joined and yet you're providing tons of inspiration for the rest of us right now! Keep up the great work!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Beara I just realized that you joined the same walking thread that I did!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Hi everyone!!

I lost my neighbor's free wi-fi a few days ago, so my presence here will be spotty at best until my cable company gets my Internet and phone hooked back up (a week or so...?).

LC induction is going really well. I ate LC so long that it feels like mama's home cookin', lol.

Liz, I think your co-worker is a brat! I think flushing his head in the toilet is perfectly acceptable and will probably do him good.

I'll be back when I can -

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Beara I just realized that you joined the same walking thread that I did!!!
Yay!! We are challenge buddies!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Ok so I'm starting this week at 199! :-(
Oh well..... if that's not motivation to kick my a** into gear I don't know what it!
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #148

Gina - thrilled to see you girl! It's all in the past, move forward and let us know how the thing goes at work! OH and welcome back to JUDDD!!! Don't fret that number, YOU are moving forward to change it
Old 07-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #149

Quote:
Challenge update: I can't believe it; I weighed in today; I lost 4 more lbs!

Restarted Induction 5/31/13
5/31/13: 223 lbs. (5'7")
6/17/13: 215 lbs
6/29/13: 213 lbs
7/12/13: 209 lbs
You are doing great! Keep it up STACY!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #150

Quote:
I am feeling great missicobi! Thank you!
I went back again today....might feel that a little bit, but I knew the rest of the weekend was out for me so, I wanted to get that in.
I am really excited and it really helps to stay motivated.
I am in a walking challenge here on LC friends and it is so exciting to go home and tack up my miles on the board.
Thank God for this support!
The support definitely makes a difference!!!! I can feel your excitement! Keep it up!