Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good evening everyone!!

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I lived through the move
It's awesome. The neighbors here are so great, too! What the heck was I whining about??

The only less-than-awesome aspect is that the cable company has to lay new cable, bury it underground or somesuch, so I don't have phone or Internet access until they do that.

My new neighbor was kind enough to offer her wifi connection, so here I am anyway!!

I'll talk more tomorrow - too tired tonight. G'night all!!

Lynne
LYNNE I am so happy to hear this. I thought a lot about you/Gavin this weekend. SO glad you are so happy there, already!

Makes my entire MONDAY!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Lynne- I say you make them pay....that's not fair to you, they scratched it and they should fix it. Glad to hear everything important is with in walking distance of the new place. PS low carb ice cream def counts!! Enjoy!!

Danielle- sorry TOM has showed up...hopefully in a few days all will be back to normal. Keep up the good work.

Tami- You are doing good keep it up.... I think I am going to do low carb this week I have got to get down into the 180's I was averaging 10lbs a month before I switched to counting calories and now its almost like I haven't lost anything for June I got up this morning knowing I was going to do low carb and I think I have changed my mind 6 times already I am writing it so I am going to do it!!!

Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #93

Happy birthday BEARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle - it is so tough with kids, isn't it? I can only imagine how difficult it was for you to stay quiet. I admire you completely for doing just that. My DD11 I believe is quiting competative softball. This year, her heart just hasn't been in it. It expensive and if she isn't into it, we need to be done. She was crying and telling me she just didn't know. I told her, finish this last tournament, then decide. Not sure what happened, as she won't say anything to me. KIDS!

Tami - seen the dog again. My heart breaks for dogs like that. So sad! People are so cruel. You are such a good person.

Liz - you will get there, I just know it. I too ate everything in site, only for me it was July 4, 5, 6, 7th! 4 full days!!!!!

Stacy - that is great. Keep it up!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #94

Liz - LC is a great plan! Let us know how it goes!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beara View Post
Good here...
Hope everyone had a great 4th! I was busy with work and parties. How hard is my life lol
Food is going good here. Sorted out my gym membership so hopefully I will be able to start there this week or maybe next. My mom has surgery on Monday and I am taking her in, so its bound to be a bit up and down next week.
My little one is taking me to breakfast in the morning for my birthday (on Sunday, but I work) and then to see Despicable Me 2. I am excited!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Stacey- Congrats on the loss for the week!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #97

Our weekend was amazing. The canoeing on July 4th was awesome. Each one of us loved it, even DS14! He came to me yesterday and said, THANKS for the wonderful weekend MOM! that makes it all worth while.

Friday we did pedicures (all the girls) and the adult ladies went and saw The Heat. Danielle, you were right....HILARIOUS! Well worth seeing.

Saturday we did ceramics :yawn: not my thing. I sat and watched the kids decorate stuff. DS14 and his friend went and saw WHite House Down. He said it was amazing. I want to see it, but will probably wait for DVD!

Our friends left yesterday. SAD! Not sure when we will see them again. I will probably see them in the next few months. A dear friend that lives close to them (she is 101 later this month) isn't doing the best. I will go there for the funeral. Hoping she pulls out of it, but at 100+ years old, pnemonia is hard to rebound from.

Now to a full work week! I think it may all kill me. Our other friends are coming in later tonight. Not sure how long they will be staying. Time will tell!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Liz - LC is a great plan! Let us know how it goes!
Thanks Monica. I also ate to much over the weekend and enjoyed adult beverages with friends. It was a great weekend but not so good for the diet.

How was your weekend?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #99

I did weigh on Saturday and was only up 2 pounds...I called that a WIN!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Our weekend was amazing. The canoeing on July 4th was awesome. Each one of us loved it, even DS14! He came to me yesterday and said, THANKS for the wonderful weekend MOM! that makes it all worth while.

Friday we did pedicures (all the girls) and the adult ladies went and saw The Heat. Danielle, you were right....HILARIOUS! Well worth seeing.

Saturday we did ceramics :yawn: not my thing. I sat and watched the kids decorate stuff. DS14 and his friend went and saw WHite House Down. He said it was amazing. I want to see it, but will probably wait for DVD!

Our friends left yesterday. SAD! Not sure when we will see them again. I will probably see them in the next few months. A dear friend that lives close to them (she is 101 later this month) isn't doing the best. I will go there for the funeral. Hoping she pulls out of it, but at 100+ years old, pnemonia is hard to rebound from.

Now to a full work week! I think it may all kill me. Our other friends are coming in later tonight. Not sure how long they will be staying. Time will tell!
We were posting at the same time! Glad you had a good time.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Liz, I think I'm with you on low carb starting this week. My only hesitation is that I'm down to just over 3 weeks before our trip and I know I won't be low carbing it on the trip. Still, I'd love to be down even a few pounds before then. I dunno. I definitely relate to changing your mind 6 times already!

Monica, I haven't seen the dog again and neither has any of the others who have been going out looking for her Makes me even more sad knowing that we were so close and now we can't find her. Sigh. Glad you all had a great weekend! Canoeing really is fun. We actually have a canoe but haven't used it in ages. Once I get over worrying about tipping the darned thing over I love it Sorry you won't be seeing your friends for awhile & even more sorry to hear about your 101 year old friend with pneumonia I'll keep her and her friends & family in my thoughts & prayers. One of my mom's friends is turning 90 tomorrow and she is such a firecracker! She honestly acts 65? Really. She's a hoot.

The big puppy & I are headed to the bay area, a couple of hours away, today for his follow up echocardiogram. Hoping for no changes as his heart was in great shape 6 months ago despite the a-fib. My weight is still just hanging around in the low 190's. I just finished wk4/day1 of C25K... week four includes 2 4 minute 'running' segments & a 6 minute segment. They were ALL challenging this morning, but I did it

Last edited by misscobi; 07-08-2013 at 07:33 AM..
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Liz, I think I'm with you on low carb starting this week. My only hesitation is that I'm down to just over 3 weeks before our trip and I know I won't be low carbing it on the trip. Still, I'd love to be down even a few pounds before then. I dunno. I definitely relate to changing your mind 6 times already!

Monica, I haven't seen the dog again and neither has any of the others who have been going out looking for her Makes me even more sad knowing that we were so close and now we can't find her. Sigh. Glad you all had a great weekend! Canoeing really is fun. We actually have a canoe but haven't used it in ages. Once I get over worrying about tipping the darned thing over I love it Sorry you won't be seeing your friends for awhile & even more sorry to hear about your 101 year old friend with pneumonia I'll keep her and her friends & family in my thoughts & prayers. One of my mom's friends is turning 90 tomorrow and she is such a firecracker! She honestly acts 65? Really. She's a hoot.

The big puppy & I are headed to the bay area, a couple of hours away, today for his follow up echocardiogram. Hoping for no changes as his heart was in great shape 6 months ago despite the a-fib. My weight is still just hanging around in the low 190's. I just finished wk4/day1 of C25K... week four includes 2 4 minute 'running' segments & a 6 minute segment. They were ALL challenging this morning, but I did it
You go girl, you are doing so well with the running I wish I could say the same for myself. I tried hard for a good two weeks and then gave up
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Aww, thanks Liz. No beating yourself up. That was a great trial run Now just start over again. I played with week one for a couple of weeks and then just decided to do it and see how it goes. So far so good, but I won't even hesitate to repeat a week if need be.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #104

Tami let us know what you find out about the FUR BABY!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica & all for the concern for the furbaby His echo today looked great! No changes since the first one 6 months ago, still no signs of heart disease, still looking at a diagnosis of primary (non genetic) atrial fibrillation. And since his last 24 hour monitor looked good and we finally have a medication combo that's keeping his heart rate controlled we're good to go for another 6 months! I really wondered if we'd ever get to that point! So 6 months from now (6 stress free months, I hope!) we'll do another 24 hour monitor to see what his heart rate is doing and then we'll do another echocardiogram to see if there have been any structural changes. If not then he's pretty much good to go unless he develops symptoms. If I decide to collect his um baby makers and have them frozen for future use I'll continue with annual echocardiograms and if he makes it to a ripe old age without ever developing a congenital heart condition I'll feel comfortable using his frozen stuff in the future. I really don't know if it's worth all of the hassle, but he is an exceptional dog. I'm going to try not to even think about that until we get another clear echo in January Thanks for asking! Long day of driving, but he behaved perfectly as usual and is just a joy to take anywhere, including the vet's office. Love love love my baby boy
Old 07-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #106

That is great news TAMI! Awesome!

It's Tuesday! One step past Monday...enough said!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is great news TAMI! Awesome!

It's Tuesday! One step past Monday...enough said!
Thanks Monica! I have to admit I've been wondering 'What day is it?' repeatedly in the last few days. Between the holiday last week and hubby working all weekend my internal clock is all confused!

Back to low carb today. I had planned on starting yesterday, but after that long drive to the vet's and getting home and looking at my leftover baked potato I decided it just didn't make sense to miss my last UD. lol So I enjoyed my baked potato and then some pizza and a little bit of cake later. Now back to the grind for a few weeks
Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Monica! I have to admit I've been wondering 'What day is it?' repeatedly in the last few days. Between the holiday last week and hubby working all weekend my internal clock is all confused!

Back to low carb today. I had planned on starting yesterday, but after that long drive to the vet's and getting home and looking at my leftover baked potato I decided it just didn't make sense to miss my last UD. lol So I enjoyed my baked potato and then some pizza and a little bit of cake later. Now back to the grind for a few weeks
Good luck Tami. Day one back to LC went well for me...had a nice juicy steak and sauteed zucchini for dinner last night
Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Liz! Glad your first day went well! Sounds like a yummmmy dinner!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #110

Tami, Liz, I am sure you will both do great on LC
Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

Liz, are you planning to do Atkins Induction, or just switch back to lc in general? I'm trying to come up with some ideas of what to eat. I forgot what I ate while doing Induction.

Tami, about it not making sense to miss your last UD! Bring it ON!! I'm glad the doggie vet visit went well. I'm trying not to dwell on what collecting doggies babymakers might involve.

Monica, it sounds like you had a wonderful, well-deserved weekend! Only 2 pounds up is a win.

Stacy, good job on the loss and the exercise!

Beara, happy belated birthday and how did you like the movie??

Me... I finally got the moving company to call me back, and they're meeting me on Friday to discuss the huge scratch. They're saying their insurance won't cover antiques, nor any claims that aren't made on the actual day of the move. We'll just see about that.

I'm going on Induction as soon as the bread and ice cream are finished.

Gavin got a HUGE wood splinter in his foot last night. He screamed and struggled when I tried to remove it, so that didn't go well. The neighbor advised me to put him in the bath and it might come out on its own...and if that doesn't work, to slather it with neosporin and slap a bandaid on it, and it might come out on its own. So far it's still there. I might take him to the clinic this afternoon if it persists. Any suggestions?

There sure is a lot of chaos the first week after a move. I'll be glad when it settles down.

Back to work for me! Happy Tuesday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!

Liz, are you planning to do Atkins Induction, or just switch back to lc in general? I'm trying to come up with some ideas of what to eat. I forgot what I ate while doing Induction.

Tami, about it not making sense to miss your last UD! Bring it ON!! I'm glad the doggie vet visit went well. I'm trying not to dwell on what collecting doggies babymakers might involve.

Monica, it sounds like you had a wonderful, well-deserved weekend! Only 2 pounds up is a win.

Stacy, good job on the loss and the exercise!

Beara, happy belated birthday and how did you like the movie??

Me... I finally got the moving company to call me back, and they're meeting me on Friday to discuss the huge scratch. They're saying their insurance won't cover antiques, nor any claims that aren't made on the actual day of the move. We'll just see about that.

Gavin got a HUGE wood splinter in his foot last night. He screamed and struggled when I tried to remove it, so that didn't go well. The neighbor advised me to put him in the bath and it might come out on its own...and if that doesn't work, to slather it with neosporin and slap a bandaid on it, and it might come out on its own. So far it's still there. I might take him to the clinic this afternoon if it persists. Any suggestions?

There sure is a lot of chaos the first week after a move. I'll be glad when it settles down.

Back to work for me! Happy Tuesday!!

Lynne

Yes I am going to do induction foods for now....not nuts or low carb fruits strictly meat, cheese, LC veggies.

Dinner for tonight is going to be left over steak and zucchini

My go to food is always chicken wings had them for lunch yesterday!!

Breakfast is usually sausage that I heat up in the microwave

One of my favorite meals to make it zucchini lasagna, I try to buy the lowest carb tomato sauce I can find. You make it just like regular lasagna but zucchini instead of noodles. Very yummy !!

Also if you have a Pinterest account search Low Carb meals you will get all kinds of ideas!!

As for the splinter I also found on Pinterest : Using a baking soda paste it will cause the skin to swell and push the splinter out. You just add water to baking soda slather it over the splinter and cover it with a band aid!! Hope that helps
Old 07-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
[quote

[/quote]

Lynne/Liz/Tami - I am on induction and can make suggestions if needed as I plan to be on for a while, I've already been on for 6 weeks, but I admit I DO have days that are more like OWL. I view/participate in the daily "It's ___day, what are you eating?" threads and it seems like 90% of the people that post their menus's are close to induction menu's...it gives me ideas. I post there everyday. I also like the Induction Food Porn thread....just some thoughts.

Today I had an cheddar/spinach omelete for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and will be going out with girlfriends tonight....i've already checked out the menu online and it will be grilled salmon & broccoli or a filet cobb salad....and San Pellegrino. The one thing I really miss is (not the starches or desserts)....its the glass of red wine!

Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm trying not to dwell on what collecting doggies babymakers might involve.
Haha.. yeah, don't dwell on that! Just be thankful the vet does it and I don't have to.

I got a huge splinter when I was 5, climbing barefoot on a wooden fence. My mom was not a small woman and she straddled me (sat on me!) while trying to pull my foot up to remove the splinter. That sooo wasn't happening! She then took me to the ER where it took a doctor & 4 nurses to hold my little 5 year old self down & remove a splinter. I really hope Gavin doesn't have to go through that. I'd try more soaking and more talking & reasoning with him. Heck, I'd even bribe him at this point if you think it may work. Enjoy the bread and ice cream and keep us posted on the little punkin

Stacy & Liz, I have to admit it's kind of nice having other low carb challenge members. I was the lone LC hold out there for awhile I only JUDDD'ed for about a month before returning to low carb and I, too, am going back to induction levels and usually stay pretty close to that. I'm working on a big spinach salad w/ a can of tuna added to the top right now. Yum. Hubs is working late tonight so I'll probably make myself an omelet or something equally easy. I haven't decided if I'll do JUDDD or LC after our vacation, but I truly do believe my body prefers to be sugar & wheat free. I just feel better overall. Even my mood has been a bit out of skew lately. Hoping LC gets that back in check. JUDDD was certainly enjoyable, though, and I may take low carb breaks here and there using JUDDD to maintain in the future?

Last edited by misscobi; 07-09-2013 at 03:36 PM..
Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

And of course, I realize that I certainly CAN do JUDDD wheat & sugar free... but if I'm going to do that I may as well enjoy eating regularly every day? I dunno?
Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
One of my favorite meals to make it zucchini lasagna, I try to buy the lowest carb tomato sauce I can find. You make it just like regular lasagna but zucchini instead of noodles. Very yummy !!
Now, my favorite lasagna is zucc/spinach combo. I LOVE IT! Matter of fact, I had it yesterday for lunch! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #117

Quote:

From LYNNE
Now that is funny! I don't blame you there. Plus, whenever I would start or restart a new plan, I would have to have my "last meal" full of everything possible. Believe me, I would EAT the house!

SO sorry about Gavin's splinters. Reminds me of a time when DD11 was in preschool/daycare I think she was 4. They had a wood privacy fence in the play yard. She somehow managed to be leaning on it and slid down as she fell. She had SO MANY splinters everywhere that they had to call me to remove them. I mean, legs, arms, butt, you name it. I lost count at 45! It was NOT fun! My sympathy goes out ot Gavin!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #118

Oh and Lynne, the biggest SHAMS out there are Moving companies. They throw your stuff, barrell in with it moving as fast as they can....then claim no responsibility for the damage! BS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
[quote

Today I had an cheddar/spinach omelete for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and will be going out with girlfriends tonight....i've already checked out the menu online and it will be grilled salmon & broccoli or a filet cobb salad....and San Pellegrino. The one thing I really miss is (not the starches or desserts)....its the glass of red wine!
OK your cheddar/spinach omlette sounds amazing! YUM YUM YUM and I haven't had tuna salad in ages. I may need to make some for tomorrow! I would think you could enjoy some red wine every once in a while . I thought the carb count on the dryer stuff wasn't awful!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Haha.. yeah, don't dwell on that! Just be thankful the vet does it and I don't have to.

I got a huge splinter when I was 5, climbing barefoot on a wooden fence. My mom was not a small woman and she straddled me (sat on me!) while trying to pull my foot up to remove the splinter. That sooo wasn't happening! She then took me to the ER where it took a doctor & 4 nurses to hold my little 5 year old self down & remove a splinter. I really hope Gavin doesn't have to go through that. I'd try more soaking and more talking & reasoning with him. Heck, I'd even bribe him at this point if you think it may work. Enjoy the bread and ice cream and keep us posted on the little punkin

Stacy & Liz, I have to admit it's kind of nice having other low carb challenge members. I was the lone LC hold out there for awhile I only JUDDD'ed for about a month before returning to low carb and I, too, am going back to induction levels and usually stay pretty close to that. I'm working on a big spinach salad w/ a can of tuna added to the top right now. Yum. Hubs is working late tonight so I'll probably make myself an omelet or something equally easy. I haven't decided if I'll do JUDDD or LC after our vacation, but I truly do believe my body prefers to be sugar & wheat free. I just feel better overall. Even my mood has been a bit out of skew lately. Hoping LC gets that back in check. JUDDD was certainly enjoyable, though, and I may take low carb breaks here and there using JUDDD to maintain in the future?
I am with you on this one Tami...not sure how long I will be doing LC but I may stick it out for a while and when I get tired of it take a break and come back to it when I am ready to get serious again.. I am a mess I know it lol why cant I just pick a plan and stick with it!!