Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Hello...was just wondering if I was too late to join this challange? Someone suggested a challenge to help keep motivated and I popped into this one.
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Stacy, you've inspired me to go on Atkins induction for two weeks (after the move is over). I need to take charge (of carbs, at least ) again.
Once I have that mastered, THEN I will JUDDD also - but I've let carbs move into the driver's seat again.
Lynne your stats are impressive!

It's taken me sevaral years and a couple different diet plans to finally figure out that Atkins really is the right method for me. Good luck on re-starting Induction and meeting your goal for this challenge!!
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Beara! It's never too late. I hope we can help with whatever support you may need. I these challenge ladies and know they've helped me more than I could ever express
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Tami - keep babying that knee girl! I have FEET issues. Especially in summer when I tend to wear flipflops all the time. I have to baby them.....or pay the price!

Last edited by zipp2play; 07-02-2013 at 05:39 AM..
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beara View Post
Hello...was just wondering if I was too late to join this challange? Someone suggested a challenge to help keep motivated and I popped into this one.
NOT too late at all! to our group. Great group of gals here. WE talk about everything. Food/Life/Kids/Furbabies you name it!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #66

Today is my Thursday! I could seriously get used to a 3 day work week!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami - keep babying that knee girl! I have FEET issues. Especially in summer when I tend to wear flipflops all the time. I have to baby them.....or pay the price!
Yep! And no one really wants to pay the price! Happy Thursday to you
Old 07-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Oye, I am so far behind here again! When DH is home 2 days in a row totally throws off my computer time LOL

Tami~ DD16 I think is unfortunately going to be like my sister..she's the one that got hit with all the health issues I am hopeful tho' that remaining GF will keep her asthma at bay and very much in control.. I was hopeful that it would also help her ezcema..it's better, but not super great.
Sorry to hear about your knee! Lately my joints have been hurting ALOT.. I've had joint issues with my hands & feet but now it's my knees and elbows too. Blech!

Monica~ I'm gonna have to start counting every single thing for UD's.. while I think I'm doing ok, I do think I'm sneakin in a few extra So proud of your DS, he's gotta be feeling pretty amazing!

Lynne~ sorry to worry you! No, the fire is a ways from us. Such a tragedy, and even moreso to find out that most of those men that died were in their 20's. Heartbreak! Glad that the packing is done and you're finding time for the shade and some relaxation, I hope? Humidity sux rocks for sure, but I'd almost take that compared to feeling like my skin is gonna boil off when I'm in the sun

Beara. We're a gabby bunch, and talk alot about everything

EVERYONE~ Have a great Tuesday!

----------------

DD today.. I got on the scale yesterday..up .2 Meh!

Taking DD16 to the movies today.. I'm tired, I may just fall asleep in there! Drama with the 18yo last night and I'm just worn out, my brain hurts
Apparently she hasn't outgrown her DramaQueen nickname...yet.. Lord help me!

DD16 did some more gluten last night..we'll see how today pans out for her.. thank goodness she's off work today!

114 for our high today. We hit 119 a couple days ago.. it's disgusting I tell ya. I just keep envisioning myself on the pier in SF and the smell of the water and the cool breeze.. now that's the life!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #69

Stay cool DANIELLE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #70

It's JULY 3rd!!!! Everyone in USA have big plans for the long weekend???
Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

No plans here.. DS is @ school & working the weekend, DH will be working part of the day, DD16 is working, and DD18 is leaving for CA today. The 3 of us that will actually be around in the evening will probably go see fireworks across the street at the big resort hotel..

Saw Bling Ring yesterday.. good Lord those kids! Movie was kinda cheesy but interesting story and the celebrity obsession..it was fun to be out with DD16 and just laugh and have some fun.

Got on the scale after my DD yesterday.. I'm UP AGAIN.. .6.. not a happy girl today..getting kinda frustrating.

UD today and I'll be tracking every single thing that goes into my mouth.. oh, and drinking the gallon of water in my fridge. I'm so tired of this yo-yo thing!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Lately my joints have been hurting ALOT.. I've had joint issues with my hands & feet but now it's my knees and elbows too. Blech!
It sucks getting old... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Stay cool! We're cooling down a bit 104 today, 106 tomorrow and then major cool down to the low-mid 90's

No plans here, either. We were supposed to head to a friend's, but it's still going to be super hot. I don't feel like being out in it all afternoon and I don't feel leaving the dogs about 40 minutes away just in case we lose power or something stupid like that. I'm thinking I'll hibernate in the A.C. with them
Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Day 2, WK 3 done of C25K... dare I say week 3 seems a bit easy? I still struggle with the second 3 minute run, but feel like I could do more after a brief walking break. I'm sure I'll be back to feeling pukey next week. lol

TOM did arrive and I didn't get on the scale this morning, but will after today's DD. Cross your fingers!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #74

Danielle - man you have kids/DH's here there and everywhere this weekend! Keep them all where they need to be!

Tami - you know, I found certain weeks were harder with C25K than others. ENJOY the ease of it girl!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

We 'cooled down' to 108 today.. what ever will I do with myself?

Tami~ no joke, getting old sux rocks!!! Mentally I think I'm about 18
I'm hibernating too..a/c, movies, a good book, and a couple drinks..yep.

You'll be able to appreciate this, since we've got kids the same age and going thru similar stuff... DD18 has informed us that she isn't going back to school in the fall.. I kinda saw it coming but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad disappointed. She's not sure, but believes she wants to switch gears and doesn't want to study art anymore, but wants to get more into photography and fashion design.. She's going thru alot in terms of stuff with my dad passing soon, etc.. So, she's working fulltime as soon as she can find another job and is looking for someplace that she can take photography classes.. Man o man o man...does my life and my experiences not mean anything to you!!!! <<<this is what I wanted to yell! This is exactly how my foreray into the job market ended up going.. and before I knew it, I was 22 and preggers with DS.. UGH!!! Gotta let her walk her own path, but man, it is HARD.

Monica~ they're everywhere alright! Kids in transition.. it's total chaos at moments. DH probably won't have to stay at work long, I imagine they'll be slow at the time he's gotta go in, so that makes me happy he'll be home for a portion of the day.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Danielle, that's exactly how my foray into the job market went as well, only I was preggers at 21. Whew... all in all we didn't turn out so bad, though. I know we want sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more for them, but (sigh) we just have to let them find their paths I guess. I totally expect this out of my younger son as well. I'm hopeful that he'll at least be interested in a technical school of some sort. We'll see. Oldest DS is still cruising along at a snail's pace, but is moving forward, so I guess it'll work.

I'm with you on the not feeling anywhere near as old mentally as I do physically. Hopefully all this diet & exercise shtuff will help with that
Old 07-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Good evening everyone!!

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I lived through the move
It's awesome. The neighbors here are so great, too! What the heck was I whining about??

The only less-than-awesome aspect is that the cable company has to lay new cable, bury it underground or somesuch, so I don't have phone or Internet access until they do that.

My new neighbor was kind enough to offer her wifi connection, so here I am anyway!!

I'll talk more tomorrow - too tired tonight. G'night all!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ I managed to keep my lip buttoned when she told me. I was thankful she has some sort of plan, at least. I always knew that "social" element to her personality could somehow work against her, as she'd rather be flit-floating around with her buddies rather than buckling down studying or some such.. So aggravating sometimes to watch! I'll let her go and trust that we've taught her well. She is such a departure from the other two, it's nearly shocking. I think my youngest will be the one who'll be taking care of me and the hubbs in our old age!

Lynne~ hurray for a completed move!!! Relieved to hear that you've found your neighbors to be, well, neighborly! So glad that it's all over and now life can hopefully resume to normal for you and Gavin!
----------

Quiet day here.. DH is getting ready for work, DD18 is in CA and it's just me & DD16..totally thought she was working today. Been to the grocery already, gotten laundry going and now gonna lay low and enjoy some movies and my book. Happy 4th, ladies!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hello ladies....
Sorry I've been MIA - Just catching up on all the posts!

Happy 4th July for yesterday (Sorry it's late!)

Lynne - Glad the move went well and you have great neighbours now you can relax and get to those vampires

G xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Happy belated 4th of July everyone. Hope everyone enjoyed it!!

Lynne- Glad to hear to move was a success and the nice neighbors is an added bonus!!

as for me... I had the day off from dieting and work yesterday! I am back at it today and hope to stay on track for the weekend as well. Hopefully I will be able to see my new lowest weight of 191.2 again, this was yesterday morning right before I ate everything in sight

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Try and stay cool.
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Love Love Love it, Lynne!!! So happy things are looking GREAT at the new place!

Danielle, she'll be fine and you handled it as well as any parent could. Oddly enough I think it'll be my second that ends up sticking close to mom & dad & caring for us in our old age. The first just can't be bothered most of the time. He cares. He really does, but he just doesn't think before rattling off some excuse as to why he's too busy to do *anything* I ask. I really hope this is a phase that passes because it's incredibly annoying and really out of character. We'll see. I can't tell you how many times lately that I've reminded him of all the times we've dropped everything to help him out. Yeah. We'll see

Hi Genie I'm playing catch up, too. Hope you're doing well!

Liz, congrats on the new low!!! Hope you're able to get back to it, soon

Me - Yesterday turned out to busier than I thought, but it was nice. There's a stray dog not too far from here who was out in the extreme heat (110ish & still humid) and in pretty rough shape. Someone had tried to approach her, left her some water and snapped a pic, but couldn't get her into her car. I convinced hubby to go out there with me and we spent a couple of hours tossing her treats, feeding her from our hands, and even touching her a couple of times, but if the leash we had even moved she backed away. She's a sweet sweet sweet gentle girl. After lots of coaxing she took treats so gently and even licked my fingers. Eventually she had a full belly and was so exhausted in the heat that I could tell she was looking for a place to lay down and just wouldn't relax with us around. We had her blocked in a little area, but it came to a point where it was so hot and I knew she needed rest. We gave up and let her head back off into the marshes where she was wanting to go. Sigh... we were so close. She has fox tails in her feet and probably other places as well. She's thin, but otherwise seems healthy. It just kills me that we *almost* had her, but couldn't get a leash on her or convince her to get anywhere near our car. I went back out there this morning, walked the fields, marshes, and levy but couldn't find her. There are a few of us who will keep trying. I'd hate to see this sweet girl get hit by a car, shot by a farmer, or join up with a pack of wild dogs or something. She's so close to being feral, but still reachable I think. Wish us luck with her. So yeah, by the time we got home we were too hot to even think about food. We ended up bbq'ing some burgers around 8 and called it a night. I haven't set foot on the scale in a few days so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in

Last edited by misscobi; 07-05-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 07-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Oh oh oh! And it's cooling off here! We have an amazing cool breeze (The Delta Breeze as it's called here) and we'll be down 15-20 degrees from yesterday's high. Yesterday's high tied some records and we broke the longest streak of days over 105 w/ 7 yesterday. Long week, but DONE for a while. Bring on the low 90's! lol

And... I finished week 3 of C25K today and did run an extra 3 minutes at the end of the last 90 second segment, so feel pretty good about moving forward next week. Yay me

Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Tami- Sorry about the pup and not being able to get her to come with you thats sad and you hate to see them suffer in the heat . On another note you are rocking and rolling with the C25K!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Tami- Sorry about the pup and not being able to get her to come with you thats sad and you hate to see them suffer in the heat . On another note you are rocking and rolling with the C25K!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Thanks Liz!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina~ good to see ya girly!!

Liz~ congrat's on the low!

Tami~ Our oldest was the same way up until he went away to school.. He did his first year at CC and then left for his sophomore year..and I beleive the kid is seeing exactly how much we have done for him and how good he had it..now he's in charge of all his own bills, school, working part time and managing a social life.. he's grown up ALOT in the past year it's been exciting to see. Hoping the other 2 get the same experience once they venture away. DD16 has always been a homebody and definitely the closest to me...everyone calls her "mini me" She's fiercly independent but at the same time she enjoys being home and spending time with her dad and me. I figure there's still a few years before this all changes LOL

Sorry to hear about the doggy Hopefully someone else was able to get her to come to them? I still think about that boxer we found and kept for about 5 days before we found it's owner..still miss that big guy!

-------------
I'm in the throes of cramps and the grumpies TOM started yesterday, which would explain the jump on the scale... silly me forgot to even contemplate the idea of that showing up...I was even a day late..
My UD yesterday was kinda high, not to thrilled about that, but that's what happens when TOM hits, I'm hungry allllll the time.. another UD today in order to keep my rotations in order.. I'm thinking we'll be grilling something outside and then maybe go to a movie...I really want to see Despicable Me 2
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Hi everyone!!

It's been a busy couple of days here.

Tami, that poor doggie, I hope she's okay out there somewhere. Poor you, too, 110 degrees and humid?? I'm just glad it cooled off!

Danielle, to quote Captain Phil from Deadliest Catch...now you see why lions eat their young.

Gina, thank you Vampires coming right up!!

I am loving this place. Just realized this morning that we're a half-mile walk from absolutely everything here. Major grocery store, gym, hardware store, thrift shops, craft store, car rental, Starbucks, teriyaki, beach...

...awesomesauce.

Gav and I got invited to watch the neighbors' fireworks last night - Gavin got to hold a sparkler or two. This morning we went out exploring on foot. This town is FULL of happy tourists this week; it's one big PARTY!

I just downloaded "Under the Dome" (Stephen King) onto my Kindle today, all thousand or so pages of it.

Liz, well, it's a holiday, what can you do? You'll get back on track and see that new low again, I'm sure of it. I'm not back on track diet-wise yet, but I'll get there too. (I got low-carb ice cream, does that count??)

Monica, did you have a fun fourth of July?

Beara, Stacy, how are you doing?

Question: The movers scratched a big deep trench (slight exaggeration) into the top of my great grandmother's round oak pedestal table. Should I make them pay? Does anyone know how that process works?

Guess that's all the news that's fit to print. Happy Friday all!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Good here...
Hope everyone had a great 4th! I was busy with work and parties. How hard is my life lol
Food is going good here. Sorted out my gym membership so hopefully I will be able to start there this week or maybe next. My mom has surgery on Monday and I am taking her in, so its bound to be a bit up and down next week.
My little one is taking me to breakfast in the morning for my birthday (on Sunday, but I work) and then to see Despicable Me 2. I am excited!!!
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, I love that things are turning out so well in your new neighborhood. I love that you can walk virtually anywhere for anything and that the neighbors are being so welcoming. So happy for you and Gavin I would call the moving company and see if they'll pay to have it repaired/refinished or just cut you a check for the damages. I'm sure it can be repaired?

Danielle, hope the cramps are subsiding. Blech. I have faith that all of our kids are going to figure it out and be fine. Now if I only had as much patience as faith

Beara! My mom's birthday was yesterday, but we're taking her out to dinner tonight to celebrate. Hope your mom's surgery goes well on Monday

I finally braved the scale this morning and it was 190-191, which is 'ok'. Still haven't started counting those UD calories, but will.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
I'm down one pound this week! I'm trying to stay within 20-25 carb grams...there were a few days last week I went over 25g (because of too many veggies) but nonetheless I feel good and in control. I've been walking several days a week - the weather has been decent here to walk outside (which I prefer over the treadmill).
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

That's awesome, Stacy! Congrats!